PDA

View Full Version : Question on Warfields suspension

LiL stumppy
04-07-2005, 05:10 PM
He is suspended for 4 weeks right? Can't we suspend him for the pre-season so he could start our regular season?

Saulbadguy
04-07-2005, 05:11 PM
That would be ideal..but, no.

nychief
04-07-2005, 05:13 PM
gee... i don't know what to say.

LiL stumppy
04-07-2005, 05:15 PM
I havn't been around that much latley.Please put up with my stupid questions.

carlos3652
He is suspended for 4 weeks right? Can't we suspend him for the pre-season so he could start our regular season?

He has not been suspended... the only place you can find that is here and it is just a rumor, we just dont know....

|Zach|
Ha

LiL stumppy
04-07-2005, 05:16 PM
I didn't know he hasn't been supended yet

Saulbadguy
04-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Its not a bad question.

LiL stumppy
04-07-2005, 05:17 PM
I didn't know he hasn't been supended yet :harumph:

Mile High Mania
04-07-2005, 05:22 PM
It's not a bad question... but he wouldn't be suspended for 4 weeks. He would be suspended for 4 games and no... preseason doesn't count as a game for that matter.

carlos3652
04-07-2005, 05:22 PM
:harumph:

LOL, its all good, I just keep hearing (reading) about it on here and no one can provide links to where it shows he will be suspended... People just assumed... I think this was his first issue with the NFL, I think he just gets a fine and is the the NFL's drug abuse program.

carlos3652
04-07-2005, 05:24 PM
LOL, its all good, I just keep hearing (reading) about it on here and no one can provide links to where it shows he will be suspended... People just assumed... I think this was his first issue with the NFL, I think he just gets a fine and is the the NFL's drug abuse program.

The third time you get caught while in this program you get suspended for 4 games... I dont think he is in this program... it slipped by the NFL's cracks

LiL stumppy
04-07-2005, 05:24 PM
I could live with that.I never looked just assumed.I guess thats what happenes when you assume.

carlos3652
04-07-2005, 05:28 PM
This was posted earlier on CP:

3/30/05
Warfield may still face suspension
By ADAM TEICHER The Kansas City Star

Chiefs cornerback Eric Warfield faces a possible suspension of as many as four games under the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Warfield pleaded no contest in January to driving under the influence of alcohol. The incident happened in Overland Park and was the third time in three years Warfield was charged with DUI in Johnson County.

But Warfield said Tuesday he was advised by his attorney Kevin Regan and agent Craig Domann that he may avoid the suspension.

“It's my understanding from what I hear there will not be a suspension,” Warfield said. “But (NFL commissioner) Paul Tagliabue is the man, and he has the power to overturn that decision if he wants to. Everyone is looking into the situation and trying to figure out what's going to happen. From what I understand, nothing might transpire until the summer.”

Warfield was sentenced in March to 10 days of jail, which he already served, followed by 80 days of house arrest, for the latest incident.

“If I get into anything (else), I will definitely be suspended,” he said. “Hopefully, when I'm done with this house-arrest deal, I've gotten all this stuff behind me and I can just move on with my football career and my life.”

LiL stumppy
04-07-2005, 05:29 PM
This was posted earlier on CP:

3/30/05
Warfield may still face suspension
By ADAM TEICHER The Kansas City Star

Chiefs cornerback Eric Warfield faces a possible suspension of as many as four games under the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Warfield pleaded no contest in January to driving under the influence of alcohol. The incident happened in Overland Park and was the third time in three years Warfield was charged with DUI in Johnson County.

But Warfield said Tuesday he was advised by his attorney Kevin Regan and agent Craig Domann that he may avoid the suspension.

“It's my understanding from what I hear there will not be a suspension,” Warfield said. “But (NFL commissioner) Paul Tagliabue is the man, and he has the power to overturn that decision if he wants to. Everyone is looking into the situation and trying to figure out what's going to happen. From what I understand, nothing might transpire until the summer.”

Warfield was sentenced in March to 10 days of jail, which he already served, followed by 80 days of house arrest, for the latest incident.

“If I get into anything (else), I will definitely be suspended,” he said. “Hopefully, when I'm done with this house-arrest deal, I've gotten all this stuff behind me and I can just move on with my football career and my life.”

I guess only time will tell.

Demonpenz
04-07-2005, 05:31 PM
oh no house arrest i bet that sucked