PDA

View Full Version : Pats and Chiefs battle over beisel

Mr. Laz
04-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Patriots | Negotiating with Beisel? - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:20:01 -0700

Mike Reiss, of Metrowest Daily News, reports the New England Patriots are believed to be in negotiations with free agent LB Monty Beisel (Chiefs), who previously visited with the team.

Chiefs | Interested in Re-signing Beisel? - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:19:45 -0700

Mike Reiss, of Metrowest Daily News, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are believed to be trying to re-sign free agent LB Monty Beisel.

CosmicPal
04-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Interestingly enough- I think Beisel will be a better fit for the Pats than he would be for us.

Mr. Laz
04-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Interestingly enough- I think Beisel will be a better fit for the Pats than he would be for us.

he sure as heck will be coached and used better as a patriot :(

jcroft
04-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Everyone is a better fit for the Pats.

That being said, I'd like to see us hang onto to Biesel as long as the price doesn't get too high.

Big Chief Homer
04-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Ba Bye Biesel,Ba Bye Biesel.... I'd love to see you go!!!!!(would sound better set to music)

Maybe then we could get a real LBer.I like monty but we need a few Real Lbers,No more tweeners or projects.

"But,But,but..... he can play all positions"

No thanks DV.Get us a guy who has played 1 position and is good at it.

I hope this gets done quik.maybe they will take a look at sharper,before its to late.

tk13
04-07-2005, 05:35 PM
It's funny how we all think our linebackers suck yet the Patriots are interested in them (Beisel and Fujita anyway). What are we not seeing? ROFL

Big Chief Homer
04-07-2005, 05:37 PM
It's funny how we all think our linebackers suck yet the Patriots are interested in them (Beisel and Fujita anyway). What are we not seeing? ROFL
I would say maybe :hmmm: Production :p

Simplex3
04-07-2005, 05:38 PM
It's what the Pats DO see. They probably see that our LB coach sucks.

philfree
04-07-2005, 05:40 PM

They tried to sign Maz away a couple years ago too.

PhilFree :arrow:

AirForceChief
04-07-2005, 05:47 PM
"Battle" is such a strong word. In this case, I envision a mild cat-fight. Some hair may get pulled, but nobody's gonna claw out eyes...

Big Chief Homer
04-07-2005, 05:56 PM
"Battle" is such a strong word. In this case, I envision a mild cat-fight. Some hair may get pulled, but nobody's gonna claw out eyes...
ROFL ROFL :clap:

whoman69
04-07-2005, 06:05 PM
Just trying to drive his price up.

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Gosh how come the Patriots want our linebackers, first they wanted Maz not Beisel, don't they know they suck.

el borracho
04-07-2005, 07:28 PM
They can have Maz now, if they want him.

Chiefaholic
04-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Beisel excells at Special teams. I'm sure this has something to do with both teams wanting him opposed to actually playing LB.

Woodrow Call
04-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Let me first say that Beisel is good special teams player and backup.

After saying that I hope he goes to Pats. It will force the Chiefs to hopefully upgrade that position. The last thing I want is Beisel starting next year and I think the Chiefs view him as a starter.

dtebbe
04-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Perhaps the Patriots don't expect thier linebackers to make up for thier sorry ass secondary. Our linebackers have to worry waaaay to much about what is (or isn't) going on behind them.

I imagine the Patriots see another Teddy Bruischi in Maz or Biesel. A guy who will listen to his coach and play his ass off. Let's face it, it's a whole lot easier to play well when you have other solid players around you. Eric Hicks would have been gone 2 years ago if Belichek was either the HC or DC, as would Ryan Simms, and William Burntee.

DT

the Talking Can
04-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Beisel is a good backup and frankly showed more smarts and guts than Mitchell...I hope we keep him

HipHopper4Life
04-07-2005, 07:52 PM

I don't think it's an issue of what we're not seeing, it's more an issue that both players are better fits in a 3-4 defense. Biesel as an inside LB and Fujita as a outside rush linebacker. I'm actually real surprised that no 3-4 team has made Fujita an offer yet.

Doesn't an RFA become completely unrestricted on a certain date if we don't offer him a contract that is 120% of the one he had last year? I'm thinking it may be June 1 for some reason.

milkman
04-07-2005, 07:53 PM
Beisel is a good backup and frankly showed more smarts and guts than Mitchell...I hope we keep him

I agree.
I like Beisel, and hope he remains a Chief, just not a starting LB.

Fire Me Boy!
04-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Maybe we could change the word to a "Bartee" or a "McCleon"... seems appropriate to me.

C-Mac
04-07-2005, 09:56 PM
My memory recalls Biesel actually playing quite well till his injury. I would like to see him stay.

jspchief
04-07-2005, 10:00 PM
It's official, Beisel signed with the Pats.