PDA

View Full Version : We just got a new DOGG.

CASHMAN
04-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Me and the wife just got a new puppy last saturday.:)

CASHMAN.

nychief
04-07-2005, 09:31 PM
When I read "Dogg" I thought it was a gangster from Compton.

CASHMAN
04-07-2005, 09:32 PM
His name is ERNIE he is a lab and shepeard mix, I wanted to name him KC but if you say it to a boy it sounds like casey but we stuck with ernie and that was the name he allready had.

CASHMAN.

CASHMAN
04-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Another one.

CASHMAN.

CASHMAN
04-07-2005, 09:43 PM
A few more he is a great dogg he is 5 months old and like i said before we got him last saturday and he allready is potttyyyyy trained:) and is very good around people he dosent jump or beg for food which is great, he will get to weigh around 50-60lbs.
I just wanted to share these with all of you as i am a proud dogg-owner.

CASHMAN.

wutamess
04-07-2005, 10:21 PM
I'll give it 1 year before you're BEGGING someone to take the damn thing.

Just gave my pure bred Mini Schnauzer away and it's the best thing I've done in a while.

We had him for 5 years but he just didn't grow out of his, "tearing shit up phase".

Good thing is, he went to a kid with CP so that I'm glad I was able to help someone out in the process.

We ended up paying almost a thousand $'s for the fugger. So that was $1k wasted. Gladly forked him over for peace of mind.

Now I want a lazy ass French Bulldog.
Too many problems though (hip displacia) and I can think of other ways to invest $1-1.5k on other things at the moment as we'll be having our 3rd child in July.

Hoover
04-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Cool! Gonna be big ehh?

Woodrow Call
04-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Very nice dog. I hope Ernie gives you as much happiness as my dog has over the last 17 yrs.

BIG_DADDY
04-07-2005, 10:44 PM

Just gave my pure bred Mini Schnauzer away and it's the best thing I've done in a while.

We had him for 5 years but he just didn't grow out of his, "tearing shit up phase".

Good thing is, he went to a kid with CP so that I'm glad I was able to help someone out in the process.

We ended up paying almost a thousand $'s for the fugger. So that was $1k wasted. Gladly forked him over for peace of mind.

Too many problems though (hip displacia) and I can think of other ways to invest $1-1.5k on other things at the moment as we'll be having our 3rd child in July.

You should never have a dog, you sound like a fish person to me. Then again they might die on you heaven fobid.

BIG_DADDY
04-07-2005, 10:47 PM
I have had many breeds but at this point there are very few dogs I would actually.

1. Real Pitbull
2. American Bulldog.
3. English Bulldog
4. Lab if I was using him for hunting.

Frosty
04-08-2005, 12:21 AM
We have an Australian Shepherd and I doubt I would ever own another breed. She has been a great dog and incredibly easy to train. I was worried that she would be too high energy but she has been pretty laid back (though she is definitely 0 - 100 mph in a nanosecond, especially when she hears the word "ball").

Oh, and wutamess, my folks have a Miniture Schnauzer. I can understand why you would want to give one away. :shake:

Lzen
04-08-2005, 07:48 AM
Cute looking dog, CASHMAN. Funny that you mentioned it, my cat's name is KC.

BTW, do you not realize that dog is spelled with only one letter "G"?

RedNFeisty
04-08-2005, 08:02 AM
He is too cute!! I want dog!!

morphius
04-08-2005, 08:05 AM

Does that mean that he spends way too much time on Chiefs Internet boards, or is an egotistical know it all who can't judge talent and is a cheapskate?

Coach
04-08-2005, 08:06 AM
Question:

I'd like a golden retriever sometime whenever I get the chance. Anyone have any good ideas on how much they may cost in terms of buying one from a pet shop? Are there any other options? Should I go for a puppy or a dog in his prime?

Chiefnj
04-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Question:

I'd like a golden retriever sometime whenever I get the chance. Anyone have any good ideas on how much they may cost in terms of buying one from a pet shop? Are there any other options? Should I go for a puppy or a dog in his prime?

I'd recommend going to a reputable breeder rather than a pet shop for a puppy. A lot of dogs from pet shops come from puppy mills where the dogs aren't bred as carefully as they should be. If you want an older dog, that's great. You could do a google search for golden retriever rescue and I'm sure you could find something.

seclark
04-08-2005, 08:13 AM
Question:

you might get some tips from a local vet...as for puppy or adult, depends on how much time you want to devote.
sec

tomahawk kid
04-08-2005, 08:18 AM

We've had a Mini Schnauzer for a little over a year and couldn't be happier.

It only look a few swats in the a$$ with a newspaper to get her over the "tearing sh!t up phase".

Smart as a whip, but very active . We have to make time to run her everyday or she will find alternative uses for her excess energy.

tomahawk kid
04-08-2005, 08:22 AM
I'd recommend going to a reputable breeder rather than a pet shop for a puppy. A lot of dogs from pet shops come from puppy mills where the dogs aren't bred as carefully as they should be. If you want an older dog, that's great. You could do a google search for golden retriever rescue and I'm sure you could find something.

Agreed.

Go to a breeder / puppy farm. We bought our dog from an older gentleman in Lexington.

They will give you the "straight up" knowledge as far as energy levels / exercise expectation, intelligence, ability to deal with kids / other dogs etc.

He also told us that he has refused to sell puppies to people that he doen't think can handle one. Thought that was unique.

Saggysack
04-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Go to a rescue shelter.

I got a full blooded field grade beagle from Bea-Martin Peck Animal clinic in Ottawa for $80. Another from Bartlesville, OK ASPCA for $100. Best damn dogs I have ever had.

crossbow
04-08-2005, 08:35 AM
Great looking dog. Hide your shoes...they love to chew on leather.

You have a good mix of lab - playful, athletic, smart and shepard -loyal, strong.

CASHMAN
04-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Cute looking dog, CASHMAN. Funny that you mentioned it, my cat's name is KC.

BTW, do you not realize that dog is spelled with only one letter "G"?

Yes it is but if you were cool you would understand why i spelt it DOGG:)

CASHMAN.

CASHMAN
04-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Great looking dog. Hide your shoes...they love to chew on leather.

You have a good mix of lab - playful, athletic, smart and shepard -loyal, strong.

Thanks alot he is a great dog he is very smart as i said a week with us and he is house broke and when we go to bed he sleeps all night until the wife gets up at 6am. Heck right now all he does is sleep i took him out at 9:30am and now he is back at my feet asleep:)

And as for WUTAMESS said he is 100% wrong just because he didnt have good luck with his little dog he thanks all dogs are bad, anyways ERNIE has plenty of toys and bones and so on to play with and is a very calm and sweet dog :thumb:
The wife dosent want me to give him any human food so he wont be a begger, and i will but its hard but i do hate when you go to other peoples house and the dog is right there waiting for you to drop something.
But all in all we are very happy with ernie :) .

CASHMAN.

wildcat09
04-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Sweet dog cashman.

Dartgod
04-08-2005, 09:51 AM

I agree with BD. All it takes is a few hours a day (very few actually) when you first get a pup, and those behavioral problems are easily taken care of. It is attitudes like yours, towards raising dogs, which result in sooo many being euthanized in pounds every day. Either become educated on dog ownership, or never get a dog again....no matter what the breed.

CosmicPal
04-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Nice...

Good looking dog you got there. Ernie should provide you and your family many years of love and enjoyment.

If you want, I'd be happy to give you a couple of my dog bisquit recipes. Very easy to make, it will save you money, and you will take comfort in knowing your dog is getting real wholesome foods.

PM if you want 'em

Dartgod
04-08-2005, 09:53 AM
His name is ERNIE he is a lab and shepeard mix, I wanted to name him KC but if you say it to a boy it sounds like casey but we stuck with ernie and that was the name he allready had.

CASHMAN.
Wow! :eek:

It's like kcnut and Tommykat had a love child... :hmmm:

Just messing with you, CASH. Good looking dog you have there.

UTChief
04-08-2005, 09:54 AM
I also recently got a new puppy she is 8 weeks old.

I would post some picks but I can't figure out how.

wutamess
04-08-2005, 09:56 AM
You should never have a dog, you sound like a fish person to me. Then again they might die on you heaven fobid.

Nope... own 3 beta's in the bathroom above the sink mantle.
4th one jumped out of the pot and died on the floor after I put more water in it.

so you're %25 right.

CosmicPal
04-08-2005, 10:10 AM
I should say if anyone wants some dog bisquits recipes, please don't hesitate to PM me and I'll be more than happy to fire some off to you sometime this weekend.

BIG_DADDY
04-08-2005, 11:28 AM

CASHMAN
04-08-2005, 11:30 AM
He is a very sweet boy and by this picture he really looks like he loves to sleeepppppp.:)

CASHMAN.

CASHMAN
04-08-2005, 11:33 AM
1-More.

CASHMAN.

tomahawk kid
04-08-2005, 11:34 AM
1-More.

CASHMAN.

Pretty sweet looking Dog Cash.

Look like a winner

wutamess
04-08-2005, 12:00 PM
I agree with BD. All it takes is a few hours a day (very few actually) when you first get a pup, and those behavioral problems are easily taken care of. It is attitudes like yours, towards raising dogs, which result in sooo many being euthanized in pounds every day. Either become educated on dog ownership, or never get a dog again....no matter what the breed.

I hearya talkin.
I swear my dog had A.D.D. remember we paid <$1k for the dog so don't you think I would've treated him the way he's supposed to be treated. We ran hmi everyday, bought him more toys to play with and done everything else we could think of. I'm pretty sure I'de have a long PETA case against me if they saw some of the disciplinary actions I resorted to taking. In the end... he just still wouldn't listen and it basically came down to HIM or ME. He had to go.

I've heard the same sob story from other's over the years about how, "giving away one of the family" yada yada yada. Only to see the SAME exact people do the same thing when they got a dog and I gladly let them know about how much they were saying that my shiat stank.

I've invested TOO much$ into that dog. Got an electriic top of the line dog fence. You would've thought that wearing a shock collar would teach the damn dog to stay away as we had NO problems when the battery was working. But 3-4 months later, the damn dog get's out and I had to keep buying batteries every so often.

That's just a small part of it. Really don't have time to fool with him anymore since he dind't want to act right.

Lzen
04-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Yes it is but if you were cool you would understand why i spelt it DOGG:)

CASHMAN.

Oh I see. OMG!! U R L33T!!!! :rolleyes:

CASHMAN
04-08-2005, 12:16 PM
Oh I see. OMG!! U R L33T!!!! :rolleyes:

OK:)

CASHMAN. :hmmm:

BIG_DADDY
04-08-2005, 12:29 PM
I hearya talkin.
I swear my dog had A.D.D. remember we paid <$1k for the dog so don't you think I would've treated him the way he's supposed to be treated. We ran hmi everyday, bought him more toys to play with and done everything else we could think of. I'm pretty sure I'de have a long PETA case against me if they saw some of the disciplinary actions I resorted to taking. In the end... he just still wouldn't listen and it basically came down to HIM or ME. He had to go.

I've heard the same sob story from other's over the years about how, "giving away one of the family" yada yada yada. Only to see the SAME exact people do the same thing when they got a dog and I gladly let them know about how much they were saying that my shiat stank.

I've invested TOO much$ into that dog. Got an electriic top of the line dog fence. You would've thought that wearing a shock collar would teach the damn dog to stay away as we had NO problems when the battery was working. But 3-4 months later, the damn dog get's out and I had to keep buying batteries every so often.

That's just a small part of it. Really don't have time to fool with him anymore since he dind't want to act right.

I think you should just stay with the fish. Ever fight your Beta's?

wutamess
04-08-2005, 02:56 PM

No sir... I didn't like it.

BIG_DADDY
04-08-2005, 02:59 PM
No sir... I didn't like it.

What do you mean you didn't like it?

wutamess
04-08-2005, 03:02 PM
What do you mean you didn't like it?

Old Ren & Stimpy humor.

Besides have you seen them things try to kill each other in the same jar?
I'd rather just get rid fo the dog.

~non confrontational.

BIG_DADDY
04-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Old Ren & Stimpy humor.

Besides have you seen them things try to kill each other in the same jar?
I'd rather just get rid fo the dog.

~non confrontational.

I've never seen it but I know some guys who used to fight them and make bets. It didn't sound too exciting to me so I never went over. We used to do tarantula fights as kids though.

Cannibal
04-08-2005, 05:45 PM

CASHMAN.

Cool looking dog. I love dogs, but not enough to have one of my own. They are far too dependent and make way too many messes.

If I was to have a dog, it would be a German Shepard.

But they're just too much trouble. I'm a cat guy in that regard. They can basically take care of themselves.

Woodrow Call
04-08-2005, 07:22 PM

My friends and I used to do that in college. We would go to Wal-Mart and each get one then put them in a small bowl and let them fight to the death.

Probably not the best thing to do but damn it was fun.

UTChief
04-08-2005, 10:42 PM
I hope I did this right my new puppy at 9 weeks, her name is darby and my other dog is named chief. They are both Boxers.

Count Zarth
04-08-2005, 10:46 PM
I hope I did this right my new puppy at 9 weeks, her name is darby and my other dog is named chief. They are both Boxers.

I had a doberman named Chief.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Best dog I've ever had was my current one... a 110 pound Great Pyrenees. Super mellow, big, sweet bear. And gets a LOT of attention when I take him for walks...

Dartgod
04-08-2005, 10:53 PM
I love boxers. Those are two very good looking dogs. I'm envious.

UTChief
04-08-2005, 11:00 PM

They have supurb pedegree also chief has 90 champions out of 127 dogs if you go back 7 generations and Darby has 82 out of 127.

Hope to make some serious bucks in a couple of years when she is old enough to have puppys.

UTChief
04-08-2005, 11:07 PM

I would of pitcherd you with a lab or a chesapeek wiyh all the duck hunting you do.

I use to have hunting breeds from labs to vizlas but after my accident bird hunting is no longer. They are just house pets.

Dartgod
04-08-2005, 11:27 PM
I would of pitcherd you with a lab or a chesapeek wiyh all the duck hunting you do.

I use to have hunting breeds from labs to vizlas but after my accident bird hunting is no longer. They are just house pets.
I think you're confusing me with Duck Dog. Here's my boxer, Sheba.

BIG_DADDY
04-09-2005, 12:39 AM
My friends and I used to do that in college. We would go to Wal-Mart and each get one then put them in a small bowl and let them fight to the death.

Probably not the best thing to do but damn it was fun.

How long would a fight last?

Nightfyre
04-09-2005, 02:25 AM
They have supurb pedegree also chief has 90 champions out of 127 dogs if you go back 7 generations and Darby has 82 out of 127.

Hope to make some serious bucks in a couple of years when she is old enough to have puppys.
Those are definitely two beautiful dogs.

Anybody else loved Basset Hounds? I had one and it was the most mild, sweet tempered dog. I have also enjoyed the company of my German Shepherd for 17 years of my 19. Sadly, hes on his last legs and Im off at college without him. When I get to a location where I can get a dog though, I will invest in a basset hound. I am also considering being a dog breeder. Im majoring in business, which pretty much makes anything an option. Anyone have any knowledge of the dog breeding profession?

UTChief
04-09-2005, 08:20 AM
I think you're confusing me with Duck Dog. Here's my boxer, Sheba.

You are right now that I think about it. Their are a lot of members with simmular names.

Ebolapox
04-09-2005, 11:33 AM
speaking of DOGGGG, here's a joke I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy, CASHHHHHHMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

what does snoop dogg use to do his laundry??

BLEEEEEEACH

-EB-

CASHMAN
04-09-2005, 01:07 PM
speaking of DOGGGG, here's a joke I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy, CASHHHHHHMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

what does snoop dogg use to do his laundry??

Yes thats a good one:) were did you hear that at? or did you just thank of it all on your own.

CASHMAN.

BLEEEEEEACH

-EB-

CASHMAN
04-09-2005, 01:11 PM
DART & UT,
Very cute dogggssss :thumb:
Maybe we should move this thread to the picture lounge and everyone can post pics of there pets.

CASHMAN rochambeau .

DanT
04-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Best dog I've ever had was my current one... a 110 pound Great Pyrenees. Super mellow, big, sweet bear. And gets a LOT of attention when I take him for walks...

One of the most impressive things I've ever seen a dog do was when a couple of working Great Pyrenees who were eating their dinner in the barn of a friend's farm heard a coyote or something in the distance and left their food to go stand guard on the edge of the sheep flock. It was automatic with them; they didn't have to be asked.

I think that was on the same day that one of our Samoyeds got into the llama pen on our friend's farm and was having the time of her life herding the llamas, crazily running around in circles with a big smile on her city-slicker face. ;)

DanT
04-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Sheba's got a sweet face, doesn't she?! The picture of UTChief's puppy boxer sleeping on the adult boxer is great!

Good luck with the puppy, CASHMAN! Looks line a fine animal.

CosmicPal
04-09-2005, 02:10 PM
My dogs Montana and Sydney