PDA

View Full Version : Beisel signs with Patriots

Gravedigger
04-07-2005, 09:50 PM
http://www.chiefswarpath.com/home.htm

I'm sure someone else will report this. But hey I think this will open up a spot for a better LB in the first round now hopefully we can trade up for johnson.

Coach
04-07-2005, 09:54 PM
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/blogs/mikeReiss/index.bg?archiveId=258

Beisel agrees to terms
The Patriots have agreed to terms with linebacker Monty Beisel on a two-year deal, according to sources. We're working on the story.

That's all I got for now.

BIG_DADDY
04-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Oh what, now he wants a ring?

Phobia
04-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Poor bastard is the only guy on their roster without a ring.

Lancetastic
04-07-2005, 09:56 PM
David Terrell!?

Phobia
04-07-2005, 09:58 PM
David Terrell!?

Work with me, dude. My jokes are better if you'll allow me a little lattitude.

jspchief
04-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Can't say I'll miss him. He was good for LB depth, but certainly not starter material. He may fit NE's 3-4 a little better.

Frazod
04-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Who cares?

Line Judge
04-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Can we match their offer if we wanted to keep him?

Sure-Oz
Oh well, not a HUGE loss.

jspchief
No. He was unrestricted. He's gone.

Chiefnj
04-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Talk about culture shock for a defensive player. Beisel is going to walk onto the practice field and wonder why the defensive players aren't waiting to tackle people downfield.

jettio
04-07-2005, 10:04 PM
Romeo Crennel must have seen this one coming.

jspchief
04-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Personally, I hope he flops.

Not because I have anything against Beisel. Just because I'm tired of hearing about "the Patriots way". It would be nice if all the guys they got on the cheap this year turned out to suck.

KCJake
04-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Should we be sad that he's gone?

C-Mac
04-07-2005, 10:16 PM

Surely not :deevee:

tk13
04-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Watch, he'll take Bruschi's spot and make the Pro Bowl this year. That'll be a lot of fun times on the board.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Watch, he'll take Bruschi's spot and make the Pro Bowl this year. That'll be a lot of fun times on the board.

It is after all, the Patriots way.

Manila-Chief
04-07-2005, 10:21 PM

Kingless has already replaced him with the signing of 2 players this week. Both are suppose to be great on ST's ....

Woodrow Call
04-07-2005, 10:22 PM
I was never a big Beisel fan but I valued his special teams play and versatility(sp?).

Lets hope the Chiefs have something up their sleeves at LB because they are incredibly thin.

OLB-Fox, Jones
MLB-Bell, Mitchell, Scanlon

Good lord that looks bad :(

Count Zarth
04-07-2005, 10:28 PM
I was never a big Beisel fan but I valued his special teams play and versatility(sp?).

Lets hope the Chiefs have something up their sleeves at LB because they are incredibly thin.

OLB-Fox, Jones

I think Fujita will be back...

Joe Seahawk
04-07-2005, 10:28 PM
The Chiefization of the Patriots begins..

The Bad Guy
04-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Talk about culture shock for a defensive player. Beisel is going to walk onto the practice field and wonder why the defensive players aren't waiting to tackle people downfield.

The problem is Vermeil doesn't go live in his practices. There is zero tackling, no drills for tackling and the defense reflects it.

Biesel is going to walk onto a field and be shocked that the corners for the Patriots can turn their head.

beer bacon
04-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Does this mean we have more money to actually sign a linebacker that could be a legit starter now?

Woodrow Call
04-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Does this mean we have more money to actually sign a linebacker that could be a legit starter now?

Maybe they get into the Sharper mix but I think he will price himself out of KC's consideration.

Available OLBs

Simmons UFA
Polley UFA
Holdman UFA
Navies UFA
Witherspoon RFA
Ayodele RFA
Thorton RFA

Available MLBs(For the move Bell outside crowd)
McKinnon
Morris
Calmus RFA
Wayne
Draft
Foreman
Duncan

Tribal Warfare
04-07-2005, 11:05 PM
The Derrick Johnson option looks more promising if he's in the 9 to 11 range

Rocky
04-07-2005, 11:07 PM
The pats will be garbage this year the jets will take the afc east.

beer bacon
Maybe they get into the Sharper mix but I think he will price himself out of KC's consideration.

Available OLBs

Simmons UFA
Polley UFA
Holdman UFA
Navies UFA
Witherspoon RFA
Ayodele RFA
Thorton RFA

Available MLBs(For the move Bell outside crowd)
McKinnon
Morris
Calmus RFA
Wayne
Draft
Foreman
Duncan

The only guys I see that I would really want outside of Sharper are Foreman, Simmons, and maybe Holdman. Witherspoon would be really nice, but I have no idea of what compensation we would have to give. I also heard he wanted to stay with the Panthers.

Chiefnj
I'll step up and say I'm not happy with this. Even with the addition of Bell, the Chiefs are very thin at LB. Beisel, although not great, was such a hard worker he was able to pick up all 3 LB positions last year in a new system. That says a lot about the guy. I don't think many LB's in the NFL could do that. If he had been playing one position at any significant amount of time I think he would have had the chance to have developed into a solid starter.

Rocky
04-07-2005, 11:10 PM
True hes no trotter or ray lewis hes not even as good as nopoleon harris.

Woodrow Call
04-07-2005, 11:49 PM
According to sources, linebacker Monty Beisel agreed to terms on a two-year deal with New England, spurning a more lucrative offer from the Chiefs, the team he played with the last four years.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/sportsNews/view.bg?articleid=95290

Mr. Flopnuts
04-07-2005, 11:51 PM
According to sources, linebacker Monty Beisel agreed to terms on a two-year deal with New England, spurning a more lucrative offer from the Chiefs, the team he played with the last four years.

I just read that. The f*cker took less money to leave us. I hope he breaks his leg minutes after being delegated to 3rd string.

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Local kid, which pisses me off more than anything. Caver might not be bad to resign for special team play. Fujiita will be back now. Sign Holdman to start if we dont get Johnson.

WilliamTheIrish
Good luck Monty.

The guy gave his all when he played. Never caused controversy.

Just got stuck with a shitty front office.

beer bacon
I just read that. The f*cker took less money to leave us. I hope he breaks his leg minutes after being delegated to 3rd string.

I remember him talking in the media last year about being frustrated at being forced to change positions so many times. I wonder if that had something to do with it. You would have to think one of the reasons New England liked him was because of his versatility.

DaWolf
04-08-2005, 12:32 AM
I'd figure Vermeil woulda liked to keep him because of his ST abilities and because we drafted him but Gun probably didn't care.

I find it interesting that the Pats tried to sign MaSLOWski a couple of years ago and now they sign Biesel. Why they have a hardon for our linebackers I don't know...

Miles
04-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Clearly the Patriots know how to sign explosive talent when the see it.

big nasty kcnut
04-08-2005, 01:59 AM
Damn monty gone he alway played hard and was a good hitter. F*ck new england.

Ultra Peanut
04-08-2005, 03:04 AM
Oh what, now he wants a ring?Damned greedy athletes!

Cochise
04-08-2005, 04:13 AM
Start printing- err... nevermind.

HemiEd
04-08-2005, 04:44 AM
I'd figure Vermeil woulda liked to keep him because of his ST abilities and because we drafted him but Gun probably didn't care.

I find it interesting that the Pats tried to sign MaSLOWski a couple of years ago and now they sign Biesel. Why they have a hardon for our linebackers I don't know...

I think it is the profile

the Talking Can
04-08-2005, 05:34 AM
damn, a solid multi-position backup who actually worked hard...can't blame for wanting off the worst D in history though....something tells me the Pats won't move on Mitchell when his contract is up

Amnorix
04-08-2005, 05:35 AM
Personally, I hope he flops.

Not because I have anything against Beisel. Just because I'm tired of hearing about "the Patriots way". It would be nice if all the guys they got on the cheap this year turned out to suck.

That's exactly what happened to us in '02, so it's not impossible or unheard of or anything.

Amnorix
04-08-2005, 05:38 AM
The pats will be garbage this year the jets will take the afc east.

Jets are looking good, no doubt about it. Coles for Moss is a huge upgrade.

But I'm thinking we're definitely still a game or two better than them if Tedy Bruschi comes back. Without him, it's a toss-up at best.

Amnorix
04-08-2005, 05:39 AM
I remember him talking in the media last year about being frustrated at being forced to change positions so many times. I wonder if that had something to do with it. You would have to think one of the reasons New England liked him was because of his versatility.

Definitely. Belichick values versatility VERY highly.

patteeu
04-08-2005, 06:20 AM
Romeo Crennel must have seen this one coming.

LOL

Otter
04-08-2005, 06:32 AM

KC's defense is a freaking joke, not funny haha, funny queer kinda joke. Hell, most of Robinson's Assistants are still in place.

How can you blame a guy for wanting to learn from better coaches in a better, if not 'the best' system and with a pretty good chance to win The Super Bowl?

I would have had my bags at 'Hello, Mr. Beisel, this is the New England Patriots".

The only baffeling part is why they would want a LB from KCs LB corp.

The Bad Guy
04-08-2005, 06:36 AM

If you would pass down a chance to play for NE then you're a dumbass.

wasi
04-08-2005, 06:38 AM
Definitely. Belichick values versatility VERY highly.

Clearly Biesel was a leftover from the days of Grobs read and react schemes and this is just the latest move to have players on the roster that fit the chiefs new more aggressive defense. Nothing against Biesel, all the best to him

Amnorix
04-08-2005, 06:44 AM
Clearly Biesel was a leftover from the days of Grobs read and react schemes and this is just the latest move to have players on the roster that fit the chiefs new more aggressive defense. Nothing against Biesel, all the best to him

The Patriots do run a read and react scheme, for the most part.

However, I think you're statement suggests that KC was happy to be rid of him. According to local (to Boston) reports, he turned down a bit more money from KC to go to the Pats. No clue if this is accurate or not.

ct
04-08-2005, 06:59 AM

Although this does leave us even thinner at LB, here's a guy that took less $ to go to a winning program, and you're doggin him for it? :shake:

shakesthecat
04-08-2005, 07:02 AM
Eh, no great loss.

He played hard, but that's about all I can say for the guy.

C-Mac
04-08-2005, 07:12 AM

OLB-Fox, Jones

We still have Barber, although he's gimpy.

whoman69
04-08-2005, 07:13 AM
IMO no

KCTitus
04-08-2005, 07:28 AM
...The only baffeling part is why they would want a LB from KCs LB corp.

LOL...Im glad to see someone picked up on this.

htismaqe
04-08-2005, 07:35 AM
Don't care...

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-08-2005, 07:51 AM
ROFL

bastard.

Kyle401
04-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Eh, no great loss.

He played hard, but that's about all I can say for the guy.

Well like him or not, he did lead the Chiefs in tackles before getting injured. He has a blue collar work ethic that most of the rest of our defense is lacking, plus he is a FOOTBALL PLAYER, not just an athlete collecting a paycheck. I would have rather have him back for depth and to push the starters.

Bootlegged
04-08-2005, 08:18 AM
Good for him, good for us.

HC_Chief
04-08-2005, 08:18 AM
I would rather they took Mitchell... at least Beisel can play ST.

htismaqe
04-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Well like him or not, he did lead the Chiefs in tackles before getting injured. He has a blue collar work ethic that most of the rest of our defense is lacking, plus he is a FOOTBALL PLAYER, not just an athlete collecting a paycheck. I would have rather have him back for depth and to push the starters.

Kawika Mitchell lead the team in tackles too. So did Mazlowski before that.

Better than bad does not equal good.

shaneo69
04-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Beisel will be good in their 3-4, probably become as productive as Vrabel and Phifer. The Chiefs never are able to figure out how utilize the tweeners that they draft.

C-Mac
04-08-2005, 08:27 AM
:thumb:

Kyle401
04-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Kawika Mitchell lead the team in tackles too. So did Mazlowski before that.

Better than bad does not equal good.

True, but some of these "good" players need a Biesel or Maz to push them to be their best. Those guys go all out every play. With that kind of player on the roster, the starters can't take plays off or loaf in practice or they will be replaced. Biesel had value to this football team as a special teamer and a hardworking backup. I'm not saying he's not replaceable or that he should have been the starter, but I think he would have made Fooj, Fox, and Mitchell work harder to improve. After all, would you want to be lower on the depth chart than Biesel?

ChiefsOne
04-08-2005, 09:11 AM
If you would pass down a chance to play for NE then you're a dumbass.

Guess I would be a dumbass then. New England has got to slow down soon, they can't perform at that level for too many years.

I know Beisal played at K-State and is from Kansas, so I assume he was a Chiefs fan growing up. If so, wouldn't that be a dream to play for your team. Where's the loyality?

cadmonkey
04-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Guess I would be a dumbass then. New England has got to slow down soon, they can't perform at that level for too many years.

That's what they said about the yankees too.

KCTitus
04-08-2005, 09:28 AM

You might want to be careful comparing baseball and football...Gretz did that the other day and got flamed mercilessly.

ChiefsCountry
04-08-2005, 09:30 AM

Dont compare baseball with football. Two different animals.

cadmonkey
04-08-2005, 09:33 AM
You might want to be careful comparing baseball and football...Gretz did that the other day and got flamed mercilessly.

I'm not comparing, there is obvioulsy no comparision. I was just saying........

KCTitus
04-08-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm not comparing, there is obvioulsy no comparision. I was just saying........

What? Did I catch a niner in there?

cadmonkey
04-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Dont compare baseball with football. Two different animals.

absolutly. I agree 100%. Just wishful thinking on my part is all.

footaction9
04-08-2005, 09:35 AM
I will miss seeing his wife at the games. She is a former Miss Kansas. Smokin

Mr. Laz
04-08-2005, 09:38 AM

what did you expect? :shrug:

the moved him around to 3 different positions in almost as many years.

the defense teh suxors, the defensive coaches suck and the chiefs were planning on sticking him on special teams and as a utility linebacker backup.

he was nothing but a insurance plan for the chiefs at linebacker ... always had been.

i imagine, if he was smart, he couldn't get out of town fast enough.

i don't blame him a bit and i wish him well

BigChiefFan
04-08-2005, 09:40 AM
I think Beisel has alot of upside, however he definitely isn't there yet. He's a hard-nosed guy, who is willing to put in the work it takes to become better. That's why I would have liked to have seen him re-signed. However, this isn't close to being the one player we had to re-sign to become a dominant defense. Not even close. Beisel is a decent player, not a HOFer.

cadmonkey
04-08-2005, 09:46 AM
I will miss seeing his wife at the games. She is a former Miss Kansas. Smokin

Sweet, so we have Johnny Damon's smoking hot wife at the sox games and his smoking hot wife at the pats games. I'll tell ya what, keep shipping these KC guys out here if they bring hot wives with them.

wildcat09
04-08-2005, 09:50 AM
I sat behind her at a couple of games. bootyfull

Calcountry
04-08-2005, 10:27 AM
http://www.chiefswarpath.com/home.htm

I'm sure someone else will report this. But hey I think this will open up a spot for a better LB in the first round now hopefully we can trade up for johnson.I hope a little of our D's karma rubs off on the Patriots with that move. :shake:

Otter
04-08-2005, 11:03 AM

I know Beisal played at K-State and is from Kansas, so I assume he was a Chiefs fan growing up. If so, wouldn't that be a dream to play for your team. Where's the loyality?

One or two years with the best team and coming out better trained in a better system or long-term with a team that hovers between bad and mediocre for 30 some years?

I'm a fan, but not a blind one (in most cases(anymore)).

Mr. Laz
04-08-2005, 11:07 AM

loyality??? the chiefs have been messing around and trying to replace Beisel in some form or fashion ever since they got him.

WTF would he hang around?

Chest Rockwell
04-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Mixed emotions here. I liked the guy and think he could have been productive if they'd let him settle down in one position. Like others have said, smart, hard worker. Fit "The Profile" obviously.

That said, I'm not devastated he's gone but also worried about the state of the linebacking corps right now.

It'd be a real bitch for him if the Chiefs managed to win the SB this year.

As far as leading the team in tackles goes, what's that taken the past few years, 9-10 or so tackles?

I'm keeping a close eye on that "Make My Day" law in Florida. That passes and I say move the team. Hell, anybody with the football could definitely be perceived as a threat. Maybe some of the guys could shoot better than they can tackle.

Dirtywater
04-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Look, I can understand not caring, or being upset that he took less money to leave, but come on, the guy just wanted a chance to play in a good system with a chance to win. The poster who hoped he got injured was classless.

And though I can understand you wanting the Pats time in the spotlight to be over, at least we did it the right way. Hard work and a team concept. Everyone claims to hate the "me-first" athletes of today, yet when a team comes along like the Pats who preach the team concept, everyone hates them and can't wait for the ol' superstar dynasties like Dallas returns. I don't get it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I enjoyed reading your input on the deal.

Spicy McHaggis
04-08-2005, 01:01 PM

ROFL Mike Cloud called him and was like "Dude you don't even have to do anything!!"

htismaqe
04-08-2005, 01:12 PM
ROFL Mike Cloud called him and was like "Dude you don't even have to do anything!!"

ROFL

KCPatsFan12
04-09-2005, 04:48 AM
you people crack me up. one of you hopes the guy gets hurt, some say he didnt suck as bad as the rest of the d, yet that doesnt make him good. i bet pittsbirgh thought the same way about vrabel, and ill tell ya, im sure glad they let him go. beisel will get his ring this year. the chiefs are a longggggggg way away from a sb.know what kills me about kc fans? you have no loyalty. i was at all 3 games last year when the sox came to town. 1st inning the pitcher throws a ball and all of a sudden the whole crowd wants the manager to change pitchers lol was at the pats game on the monday night and the fans were wasted before they even got inside. by halftime all that was left was the diehard pats fans who either made the trip, or live here, like me :) whats funny, is if holmes ever leaves, you'll all be saying he sucks and glad hes gone. maybe not all, but most of you. a sad bunch indeed.

Nightfyre
04-09-2005, 04:54 AM
you people crack me up. one of you hopes the guy gets hurt, some say he didnt suck as bad as the rest of the d, yet that doesnt make him good. i bet pittsbirgh thought the same way about vrabel, and ill tell ya, im sure glad they let him go. beisel will get his ring this year. the chiefs are a longggggggg way away from a sb.know what kills me about kc fans? you have no loyalty. i was at all 3 games last year when the sox came to town. 1st inning the pitcher throws a ball and all of a sudden the whole crowd wants the manager to change pitchers lol was at the pats game on the monday night and the fans were wasted before they even got inside. by halftime all that was left was the diehard pats fans who either made the trip, or live here, like me :) whats funny, is if holmes ever leaves, you'll all be saying he sucks and glad hes gone. maybe not all, but most of you. a sad bunch indeed.
Whatever, you try having a shitty baseball team for multiple years straight and not getting to a Sb in 35 years. Prick. Its all relative.

FloridaChief
04-09-2005, 05:10 AM
What? Did I catch a niner in there?

Almost (but not quite) escaped notice. Nice one. Rep.

htismaqe
04-09-2005, 05:24 AM

You know what, **** YOU, Mr. "We've won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls and the World Series too!"

KCPatsFan12
04-09-2005, 05:47 AM
You know what, **** YOU, Mr. "We've won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls and the World Series too!"
jealousy will get you know where. and just for the record, ive lived through 42 years of agony watching the redsox ALMOST get there. almost as long with the Pats, who got to the sb twice and lose. so yea, its our time and we eat it up and who wouldnt? but the big difference between me and you is im always a fan whether we win or lose. all you guys do is complain when things go bad, when you should be cheering your team on no matter what. know how easy it is to get chiefs tickets? try getting one in foxboro. practically have to give up the first born to get one. and getting tickets to fenway wasnt hard but to get really decent seats was impossible. at the royals-sox games i sat right behind the 1st base dugout. cost us about $30. not my fault you fans are only fans when your team is winning. when brady was throwing int's against miami, do you think anyone was calling for rohan? nope. but chiefs fans sure were calling for ANYONE. it kills me, in a funny way that is LOL

Kerberos
04-09-2005, 07:40 AM
Good riddence.. NOW can we finally get a great linbacker like Rich Scanlon into the starting lineup ???

:D

htismaqe
04-09-2005, 09:53 AM
jealousy will get you know where. and just for the record, ive lived through 42 years of agony watching the redsox ALMOST get there. almost as long with the Pats, who got to the sb twice and lose. so yea, its our time and we eat it up and who wouldnt? but the big difference between me and you is im always a fan whether we win or lose. all you guys do is complain when things go bad, when you should be cheering your team on no matter what. know how easy it is to get chiefs tickets? try getting one in foxboro. practically have to give up the first born to get one. and getting tickets to fenway wasnt hard but to get really decent seats was impossible. at the royals-sox games i sat right behind the 1st base dugout. cost us about $30. not my fault you fans are only fans when your team is winning. when brady was throwing int's against miami, do you think anyone was calling for rohan? nope. but chiefs fans sure were calling for ANYONE. it kills me, in a funny way that is LOL

Jealousy? Try CONTEMPT.

I could give a shit less about the Red Sox. I care about football.

You can take your bandwagon fan bullshit and shove it up your ass, cocksucker.

Woodrow Call
04-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Jealousy? Try CONTEMPT.

You can take your bandwagon fan bullshit and shove it up your ass, one who sucks the penis.

:clap:

KCPatsFan12
04-10-2005, 04:33 AM
Jealousy? Try CONTEMPT.

You can take your bandwagon fan bullshit and shove it up your ass, one who sucks the penis.
bandwagon? bahahahahahahaha i was a fan before the better part of you ran down ya mothers leg. apparently, your father shoulda pulled out quicker, and your mother shoulda used soap on your filthy little mouth. if you cared anything about football, you'd talk football, rather than throw insults. what is it that you do know about football? do you know that kc has one of the most overrated offenses in the league? one that couldnt even get them into the playoffs. without holmes, you wouldnt even have an offense. trent green is overrated, and your receivers drop passes that my dog could catch. as was very evident when the pats came to town. the chiefs should have won that night were it not for drops. although they couldnt run on new england without homes anyway. anyway, when you're ready to talk some real football talk and not what your private fantasies are, let me know :)

htismaqe
04-10-2005, 05:14 AM
bandwagon? bahahahahahahaha i was a fan before the better part of you ran down ya mothers leg. apparently, your father shoulda pulled out quicker, and your mother shoulda used soap on your filthy little mouth. if you cared anything about football, you'd talk football, rather than throw insults. what is it that you do know about football? do you know that kc has one of the most overrated offenses in the league? one that couldnt even get them into the playoffs. without holmes, you wouldnt even have an offense. trent green is overrated, and your receivers drop passes that my dog could catch. as was very evident when the pats came to town. the chiefs should have won that night were it not for drops. although they couldnt run on new england without homes anyway. anyway, when you're ready to talk some real football talk and not what your private fantasies are, let me know :)

I have 36,000 posts. You have THREE.

But it's me that needs to talk more football.

Absolutely ****ing hilarious, even though my mother told me not to make fun of retards.

I reserve REAL football talk for people who can understand it.

htismaqe
04-10-2005, 05:18 AM
I had to come back because I noticed that you can't even comprehend your OWN posts...

but the big difference between me and you is im always a fan whether we win or lose.

You called ME a bandwagon fan. When I told you to stick it, you made some joke about sperm (I'm sure you know alot about sperm, considering you drink it like PBR), as if I called YOU a bandwagon fan.

KCPatsFan12
04-10-2005, 05:30 AM
I have 36,000 posts. You have THREE.

But it's me that needs to talk more football.

Absolutely ****ing hilarious, even though my mother told me not to make fun of retards.

I reserve REAL football talk for people who can understand it.
now you're basing your football knowledge on the amount of posts you've made....and you call me a retard!!! LMAO of the 36,000 posts you've made, how many were absent of insults, and full of football chatter? 1? 2? any??? i understand football plenty. anytime you'd like to talk football let me know. when you insult someone simply because they share a different point of view than you do, all you do is show the world what kind of character you have. football talk- who do you think the chiefs will-should take in the draft? do you think its time for more focus on johnson as the featured rb, with holmes coming off the bench? do you think kc should have made more of an effort to get a wr that actually catches the ball? what are your thoughts? :)

KCPatsFan12
04-10-2005, 05:34 AM
I had to come back because I noticed that you can't even comprehend your OWN posts...

but the big difference between me and you is im always a fan whether we win or lose.

You called ME a bandwagon fan. When I told you to stick it, you made some joke about sperm (I'm sure you know alot about sperm, considering you drink it like PBR), as if I called YOU a bandwagon fan.
go back and read your own post pal. you told me to stick my bandwagon fan bullshit up my ass and other not so nice words LOL thats when i ..oh never mind trading barbs with a person who can only argue sports with insults is like running into a brick wall.

htismaqe
04-10-2005, 06:00 AM
now you're basing your football knowledge on the amount of posts you've made....and you call me a retard!!! LMAO of the 36,000 posts you've made, how many were absent of insults, and full of football chatter? 1? 2? any??? i understand football plenty. anytime you'd like to talk football let me know. when you insult someone simply because they share a different point of view than you do, all you do is show the world what kind of character you have. football talk- who do you think the chiefs will-should take in the draft? do you think its time for more focus on johnson as the featured rb, with holmes coming off the bench? do you think kc should have made more of an effort to get a wr that actually catches the ball? what are your thoughts? :)

You've been here for a couple of days and already you've managed to read all 36000 of my posts I've made over the last FIVE years and discern that I don't talk football. You are AMAZING. You should think about marketing that skill.

As for insults, this was your VERY FIRST post here:

you people crack me up. one of you hopes the guy gets hurt, some say he didnt suck as bad as the rest of the d, yet that doesnt make him good. i bet pittsbirgh thought the same way about vrabel, and ill tell ya, im sure glad they let him go. beisel will get his ring this year. the chiefs are a longggggggg way away from a sb.know what kills me about kc fans? you have no loyalty. i was at all 3 games last year when the sox came to town. 1st inning the pitcher throws a ball and all of a sudden the whole crowd wants the manager to change pitchers lol was at the pats game on the monday night and the fans were wasted before they even got inside. by halftime all that was left was the diehard pats fans who either made the trip, or live here, like me whats funny, is if holmes ever leaves, you'll all be saying he sucks and glad hes gone. maybe not all, but most of you. a sad bunch indeed.

I'm more than capable of engagin in football talk. But I reserve that for people that don't act like morons.

htismaqe
04-10-2005, 06:01 AM
go back and read your own post pal. you told me to stick my bandwagon fan bullshit up my ass and other not so nice words LOL thats when i ..oh never mind trading barbs with a person who can only argue sports with insults is like running into a brick wall.

ROFL

You STILL don't get it.

It was YOU who called US bandwagon fans. You not only can't comprehend what I am saying, but you can't understand your OWN POSTS.

Amnorix
04-10-2005, 06:46 AM

Please go away and stop making it harder for non-troll Patriots fans to hang around here. Thanks.

htismaqe
04-10-2005, 07:03 AM
Please go away and stop making it harder for non-troll Patriots fans to hang around here. Thanks.

Every team has idiot fans. Mile High Mania has been here since the beginning and he's a Bronco. :D

FringeNC
04-10-2005, 07:12 AM
The fact that NE wants him tells us something about his true talent level.

htismaqe
04-10-2005, 07:46 AM
The fact that NE wants him tells us something about his true talent level.

No it does not.

New England is good, but it's not like they NEVER miss on a player.

The fact that NE wants us tells us something about what they think his POTENTIAL might be. Nothing more.

cadmonkey
04-10-2005, 08:18 AM

Right. There shouldn't be this much hostility in the off season either. I'll take what ever and give what ever abuse from July to Feb., but in the offseason lets just have a good time.

Bowser
04-10-2005, 09:19 AM
It always makes me chuckle when a noob shows up talking big smack with his rep turned off. Heh.

I don't exactly agree with htis about Beisel. The guy played four different positions in four years while he was here. He's no game breaking superstar, but he has talent.

FringeNC
04-10-2005, 09:35 AM
No it does not.

New England is good, but it's not like they NEVER miss on a player.

The fact that NE wants us tells us something about what they think his POTENTIAL might be. Nothing more.

One of NE's big things is that they don't sign players based on potential, but players who already have football skills. A William Bartee and the other young CB (from Tenn) would never even be given a look.

I'm not saying that NE never makes mistakes, but when they sign one of your players, I think it is fair to say, on average, that the player was a tad better than most realized. There is a reason NE is so successful.

AirForceChief
04-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Just in case this thread takes a bizzare turn back toward talk of football and Beisel (from yesterday's Topeka Cap-Jor):

Dean: Beisel could have plugged the leaks

By Rick Dean
The Capital-Journal
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Let's lift our morning cup of pick-me-up today to a guy who finally caught the break he deserved.

One can't help but feel good for Kansas State product Monty Beisel after he agreed to a two-year contract with the New England Patriots, champions in three of the last four Super Bowls.

If only we could feel that good about the team Beisel left behind, the linebacker-lacking Kansas City Chiefs.

In a classic one-step-forward, two-steps-back maneuver, the Chiefs' leaky defense may be in worse shape today than it was before the significant free-agent acquisition of Kendrell Bell, the impact middle linebacker who (if healthy) could patch a major hole in the KC middle.

But now, suddenly, there are two other holes with geyser potential to Bell's right and left. And with Beisel's departure, Kansas City lost its most capable plumber.
Breaking at the same time as news of Beisel's leaving is word that strong-side linebacker Scott Fujita has an ankle injury that could make his availability questionable.

Fujita, who just signed a one-year deal for the restricted free agent minimum of $656,000, underwent an arthroscopic procedure Friday to determine whether he would need more significant surgery on the ailing ankle that limited his mobility much of last season.

Keep in mind, too, that KC will open the season without Shawn Barber, the accomplished weak-side linebacker who missed eight games last year after tearing his ACL. His recovery took on water when a second operation was required. Barber won't be available until early in the season, at best.

The Chiefs might have handled these leaks better with Beisel aboard. Remember, he played all three linebacking positions in three seasons after the Chiefs gave up on making him an undersized NFL defensive end, the position he played at K-State.

It would be nice to report that Beisel was a jack of all trades at all three positions. In truth, he never really mastered any. The never-ending shifting left him quietly frustrated as he fought through the mental mush of learning new responsibilities.

We consequently never really saw -- apology in advance -- the full Monty in Kansas City.

That's why we're happy today that Beisel will get to focus on one position with New England. The Patriots face the unhappy prospect of playing without Teddy Bruschi, their splendid inside linebacker whose football future is in jeopardy after experiencing stroke-like symptoms. Beisel will get every chance to compete for Bruschi's spot if Bruschi can't play.

It's a better deal than he had in Kansas City -- which, we understand, was ready to match or even top New England's financial offer. With the Chiefs, however, Beisel knew he would always be a utility guy, a spot starter awaiting the return of Barber or Fujita. He deserved better, and now he's getting it.

Just when the Chiefs need a utility man more than ever.

htismaqe
04-10-2005, 10:47 AM
It always makes me chuckle when a noob shows up talking big smack with his rep turned off. Heh.

I don't exactly agree with htis about Beisel. The guy played four different positions in four years while he was here. He's no game breaking superstar, but he has talent.

Yeah, he came here and immediately said that Chief fans lack loyalty, etc. and then when I laid into him, he tried to play if off like he was the victim.

It's actually pretty funny, considering that I've been on this board for 5 years, and in those 5 years we've had FOUR losing seasons. But, yeah, we lack loyalty. :rolleyes:

As for Beisel, we can agree to disagree. I think the reason Beisel played 4 different positions is because he wasn't good enough to nail one down. That being said, New England plays a 3-4, which Beisel is much better suited for.

cadmonkey
04-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah, he came here and immediately said that Chief fans lack loyalty, etc. and then when I laid into him, he tried to play if off like he was the victim.

You're just a meany!!!!! ROFL

Mr. Laz
04-10-2005, 11:03 AM
With the Chiefs, however, Beisel knew he would always be a utility guy, a spot starter awaiting the return of Barber or Fujita. He deserved better, and now he's getting it
yeppers ... that's it

it would of been a mistake for Beisel to return to the chiefs ... even for more money. He needed to find a team that would give him a real chance.

htismaqe
04-10-2005, 11:08 AM
yeppers ... that's it

it would of been a mistake for Beisel to return to the chiefs ... even for more money. He needed to find a team that would give him a real chance.

Yep.

Even moreso, he need to go to a team that plays a defense that fits his abilities. I think he'll play well in a 3-4.

Mr. Laz
04-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Yep.

Even moreso, he need to go to a team that plays a defense that fits his abilities. I think he'll play well in a 3-4.
yep... he made a wise decision IMO

a good team, with good coaches that has a need and system that fits him.

his decision is similiar to Priest Holmes' decision to come to kansas city.

(and no, for the brain dead ... i'm not saying Beisel is as good as holmes... just that the decision making was similiar)

Rain Man
04-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Without reading through the whole thread, I think this was a good move for Beisel and is bad for the Chiefs. Whatever criticisms one might have of Beisel should be offset by the fact that he's a very active and all-out player. I thought he outperformed most of our linebacking corps despite being moved between positions constantly, and he was getting better every game. He's one of those pickups that is the reason why the Patriots have been successful in recent years.