PDA

View Full Version : Simultaneous mock from CBS Sportsline

beer bacon
04-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Here is a simultaneous mock draft from over at CBS Sportsline. The guys that did the mocks are Clark Judge, Dennis Dodd, and Prisco. I must say I would be very happy with any of these, but I think if DJ some how fell to 14 we would trade up and grab him.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/draft/mock

Dave Lane
04-07-2005, 11:34 PM
No WR in the 1st round.

Dave

ZootedGranny
04-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Why am I not surprised that Prisco's mock is an abortion?

Claynus
04-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Antrell Rolle falling to 15. ROFL

Mike Williams. ROFL

beer bacon
04-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Why am I not surprised that Prisco's mock is an abortion?

I am not a 100% sure, but it could be because his very existence as a sports writer is an affront to the universe and every creature in it.

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2005, 11:49 PM
If we dont get Johnson, Rogers, or Rolle - Mark Clayton would be my pick.

Claynus
04-07-2005, 11:52 PM

Shawn Merriman is my first choice.

beer bacon
04-07-2005, 11:53 PM

If we don't get Johnson, Rogers, Rolle, or Merriman I would hope we would trade down and draft Marlin Jackson.

ChiefsCountry
04-07-2005, 11:55 PM
If we don't get Johnson, Rogers, Rolle, or Merriman I would hope we would trade down and draft Marlin Jackson.

I'm not really sold on Jackson. Picking up the next Marvin Harrison might not be bad espeically if any of those guys aren't available.

Claynus
04-07-2005, 11:55 PM
You guys will hate me but I wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs grab Travis Johnson either.

beer bacon
04-07-2005, 11:56 PM
You guys will hate me but I wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs grab Travis Johnson either.

Bastard.

whoman69
04-08-2005, 07:28 AM
Doesn't look much different than when the mock was posted last week. And Prisco is still an idiot.

Brock
04-08-2005, 08:36 AM

What do you mean, we will hate you?

nmt1
04-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Do you guys really expect any player from our 2005 draft class to start from day one? Drafting a CB in the first round doesn't guarantee anything whatsoever. Reaching for a player out of need is exactly what we shouldn't be doing. If a CB is the best player on the board when our pick comes up, by all means, draft him. We shouldn't limit our options just because one side of the ball or the other is not performing well.
We should draft with the future in mind. I'm glad the Chiefs have started doing just that. Larry Johnson, Kris Wilson, and Junior Siavii were all drafted for their athleticism and potential. Good picks in my mind.

ChiefsCountry
04-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Do you guys really expect any player from our 2005 draft class to start from day one? Drafting a CB in the first round doesn't guarantee anything whatsoever. Reaching for a player out of need is exactly what we shouldn't be doing. If a CB is the best player on the board when our pick comes up, by all means, draft him. We shouldn't limit our options just because one side of the ball or the other is not performing well.
We should draft with the future in mind. I'm glad the Chiefs have started doing just that. Larry Johnson, Kris Wilson, and Junior Siavii were all drafted for their athleticism and potential. Good picks in my mind.

For future:
Left Offensive Tackle in the first round this year. :hmmm:

Only player that would start from day one on defense is Derrick Johnson. Any CB we get would be a nickel back.

I could see Clayton being a starting WR for this team, this year. Other than that not to much in starting potential.

Brock
04-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Do you guys really expect any player from our 2005 draft class to start from day one?

There certainly are players in this year's draft that could start immediately. The question is whether they wll be available when the Chiefs make their selection.

nmt1
04-08-2005, 09:23 AM
There certainly are players in this year's draft that could start immediately. The question is whether they wll be available when the Chiefs make their selection.

I agree with that. Based on past Chiefs drafts, I don't see them getting someone who can and will start right away. I'd love to be wrong though.

Lono
04-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Well if Williams is there and we dont take him, that would be the stupidest move we could make.

nmt1
04-08-2005, 09:27 AM
For future:
Left Offensive Tackle in the first round this year. :hmmm:

Only player that would start from day one on defense is Derrick Johnson. Any CB we get would be a nickel back.

I could see Clayton being a starting WR for this team, this year. Other than that not to much in starting potential.

Left Tackle is one they should consider and Barron from FSU will probably be available. I wouldn't rule out any position with the exception of running back and tight end. If Ronnie Brown was sitting there, I'd have to trade down.
QB, WR, OL, DL, LB, CB, and S should all be considerations for our first pick.

nmt1
04-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Well if Williams is there and we dont take him, that would be the stupidest move we could make.

Williams would be interesting but I suspect that the Chiefs would be more interested in Williamson for a couple of reasons. First, he's the less controversial player and second he's faster. I think Williams will be picked before we have a shot at him though.

ChiefsCountry
04-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Left Tackle is one they should consider and Barron from FSU will probably be available. I wouldn't rule out any position with the exception of running back and tight end. If Ronnie Brown was sitting there, I'd have to trade down.

Oh come on you don't mean you would draft Ronnie Brown. ROFL

nmt1
04-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Oh come on you don't mean you would draft Ronnie Brown. ROFL

I'd be tempted to draft Brown but it would be better to trade down though. I'm sure there would be at least a couple of teams fighting to get our pick if that scenario came to fruition.

KCTitus
04-08-2005, 09:31 AM
...QB, WR, OL, DL, LB, CB, and S should all be considerations for our first pick.

WHAT?! no FB? Are you some kind of idiot?

ChiefsCountry
04-08-2005, 09:32 AM
I'd be tempted to draft Brown but it would be better to trade down though. I'm sure there would be at least a couple of teams fighting to get our pick if that scenario came to fruition.

Trade down would be logical then.

Mr. Laz
04-08-2005, 09:51 AM
antrel rolle at 15 ............ fantastic! :clap:

carlos rogers at 15 ......... great! :clap:

mike williams at 15 ......... not so much :mad: :cuss:

bringbackmarty
04-08-2005, 11:23 AM
I agree best avail of those positions you listed. If a qb is sitting there that is highest on our board @ 15 we take him. If ronnie brown is there, we take him and teach him to play lb.

whoman69
04-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Athleticism and potential gets you William Bartee. This organization has done enough reach. Draft for talent and ability.

htismaqe
04-08-2005, 12:07 PM
antrel rolle at 15 ............ fantastic! :clap:

carlos rogers at 15 ......... great! :clap:

mike williams at 15 ......... not so much :mad: :cuss:

Absolutely agree...

nmt1
04-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Athleticism and potential gets you William Bartee. This organization has done enough reach. Draft for talent and ability.

Of course one should take into account the player's ability and talent. It would be stupid not to draft the most talented player available. In my estimation, a supremely talented player probably would be a great athlete and have a lot of potential.
My point is the Chiefs shouldn't limit themselves when it comes to the players position. If the most talented athlete available is a WR, then pick him. If he's a QB, pick him. If he's a CB, pick him. Don't limit yourself to defense just because your defense sucks. You could miss out on a future superstar by doing that.