PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhhhh baseball

Hoover
04-08-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm a huge Cubs fan, and while opening day was a few days ago. I love sitting in the office with the game on. Now I don't get much done, but it sure makes the day a lot better.

Anyway, Go Cubbies, I don't know what to really think about this years team. If Wood and Prior can be health and we can get to July in the hunt, I'm sure we will go out and get a big bat in the outfield (Preston Wilson or someone like that). We just need to be in the hunt in July.

Mr. Laz
04-08-2005, 01:21 PM
chiefs fan
cubbies' fan

man, you like torture :(

Chest Rockwell
04-08-2005, 01:27 PM
chiefs fan
cubbies' fan

man, you like torture :(

No kidding. It's gotta be an extra special kind of torture watching Dusty (mis)manage that pitching staff too.

Can you guys get a discount if you just go ahead and pre-pay for Wood, Prior, and Zambrano's surgeries? Kind of a package deal? Do the Cubbies offer flex-spending so they don't have to pay taxes on medical bills? They should look into that.

Hoover
04-08-2005, 01:27 PM
no shit

My joke is being a Cubs fan doesn't get in the way of me watching my Chiefs pre season games...... 2003 sure was nice, to bad that was short lived.

Hoover
04-08-2005, 01:29 PM
No kidding. It's gotta be an extra special kind of torture watching Dusty (mis)manage that pitching staff too.

Can you guys get a discount if you just go ahead and pre-pay for Wood, Prior, and Zambrano's surgeries? Kind of a package deal? Do the Cubbies offer flex-spending so they don't have to pay taxes on medical bills? They should look into that.
I think Bob Brenly (sp?) will be the manager next season and Steve Stone will be back in the booth.

ChiefsCountry
04-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Least you have a real MLB team not a glorified triple A team like my beloved Royals.

The Rick
04-08-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm a huge Cubs fan, and while opening day was a few days ago. I love sitting in the office with the game on. Now I don't get much done, but it sure makes the day a lot better.

Anyway, Go Cubbies, I don't know what to really think about this years team. If Wood and Prior can be health and we can get to July in the hunt, I'm sure we will go out and get a big bat in the outfield (Preston Wilson or someone like that). We just need to be in the hunt in July.
My Brewers are going to kick your ***! :p

big nasty kcnut
04-08-2005, 01:59 PM
The royals will do good it's early if we can get our bats and pitching together we'll be ok.

Coach
04-08-2005, 02:16 PM

You're not the only one that is a Cub fan. I am also a Cub fan as well, been one since the days of Sandberg, Grace, Dawson and the like.

I think if Wood and Prior stays healthy and win at least 15 games, and at least stay in the hunt till July like you said. Also that Carlos needs to grow up a bit and at least pitch like a pitcher who has pitched for 3 years already. As for the offense, that's one of the things that makes me wonder....

homey
04-08-2005, 02:21 PM
http://www.thecubsuck.com/pageimages/cubsuckanimated.gif

Hoover
04-08-2005, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=Coach]You're not the only one that is a Cub fan. I am also a Cub fan as well, been one since the days of Sandberg, Grace, Dawson and the like. QUOTE]

Me too my friend

Coach
04-08-2005, 02:25 PM
You're not the only one that is a Cub fan. I am also a Cub fan as well, been one since the days of Sandberg, Grace, Dawson and the like.

Me too my friend

I'm glad to see that Sandberg got in the hall, but I'm still upset about that Santo isn't in. It's a damn tragedy.

Coach
04-08-2005, 02:27 PM

Not only that, it's also a f**king torture watching him mismanage the batting line-up, especially the pinch hitters. I mean, whoTF would put Jose Macias and Neifi f**king Perez over Dubois and Hairston? :shake:

Chest Rockwell
04-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Not only that, it's also a f**king torture watching him mismanage the batting line-up, especially the pinch hitters. I mean, whoTF would put Jose Macias and Neifi f**king Perez over Dubois and Hairston? :shake:

That's a good point. I've always kinda thought that since "Dusty Baker Hitting" was such a bit thing in the baseball coaching world a lot of people assume he knows how to manage hitters better than he does. He's always seemed to just kind of be on autopilot to me. The way he managed during the Series, then letting the meltdown happen with the Cubbies in the playoffs when everyone could see Prior was about to lose control of that game...

I think IF Wood and Prior stay healthy this year is a pretty HUGE F'ING IF, especially considering they've both already been dinged a little before the regular season even began. It looks like Wood was good today, but Prior got banged around a bit in his rehab start.

I still think that being Dusty Baker's pitching coach is one of the worst jobs in baseball. I'm not a Cub fan, but I recall looking at a couple of games last year where some of their younger guys were up around 130 in pitch count. That's crazy talk.

That some poor PC hasn't beaten that man to death with a fungo is just amazing to me.