PDA

View Full Version : I have a question for anyone working for BNSF?

Redcoats58
04-08-2005, 10:26 PM
I have been trying to get a job as a Conductor Trainee on BNSF for over two years. Is there something I'm doing wrong? The only time they accepted me for an interview was through Illinois and I didn't have the money to fly out there so I had to skip it. Ever since then I haven't had them even accept me for an interview anywhere? My father has worked on the railroad in K.C. for over 30 years, but I can't seem to even get them to check into me? This post is basically for anyone working with BNSF that could maybe give me some tips on getting a job for BNSF. You have to apply online and it is kinda impersonal, is there any phone number I could call so maybe they could check over my resume and tell me if maybe I'm doing something wrong? I have a buddy that applied and first time out was accepted, wtf? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Redcoats58
04-08-2005, 10:50 PM
bump

Fire Me Boy!
04-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Not showing up for the first interview was probably a red flag they tagged to your name... hurts your chances significantly.

Redcoats58
04-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Not showing up for the first interview was probably a red flag they tagged to your name... hurts your chances significantly.
It's not a standard interview like you think. They have about 80 people in a room kinda like an orientation. They couldn't expect everyone to show at these interviews. I'm working and I get an email saying you have been accepted for an interview and you need to show up at such and such hotel in Illinois in 7 days I live in AZ. That's 7 days to plan plane tickets, get time off from work, and book hotel reservations? I didn't have the money and you can't get time off from my job unless you put it in two weeks in advance. I hope you're not right about the red flag, if that is true I'm screwed. I guess all I can do is keep applying. :deevee:

Frazod
04-08-2005, 11:14 PM
That's the line I ride back and forth to Chicago on. I see BNSF conductors five days a week. Don't know anything about getting a job there, but I certainly understand there would be a demand in Chicago - most of them certainly work for Metra.

Redcoats58
04-08-2005, 11:21 PM
That's the line I ride back and forth to Chicago on. I see BNSF conductors five days a week. Don't know anything about getting a job there, but I certainly understand there would be a demand in Chicago - most of them certainly work for Metra.
I should of borrowed some money to go out there when I had the chance. I hope I didn't blow my chance at getting a job :banghead:.
You would think after 2 years they would give me another chance?

Frazod
04-08-2005, 11:22 PM
I should of borrowed some money to go out there when I had the chance. I hope I didn't blow my chance at getting a job :banghead:.
You would think after 2 years they would give me another chance?

I don't know. Did you tell them you couldn't make it or just blow them off?

Redcoats58
04-09-2005, 12:50 AM
I don't know. Did you tell them you couldn't make it or just blow them off?
I didn't tell them I couldn't make it but there is no way to contact them?

Ebolapox
04-09-2005, 11:35 AM
my dad used to work as building manager at the old frisco building (home of BNSF for years) when I was younger... not related to your query, but I'm wasting time

-EB-