PDA

View Full Version : 10.12.03 - Chiefs @ Packers - FULL GAME - TORRENT

DRU
04-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Enjoy!

Seed when you're done please please please. Already down to 3 seeds on the Priest Holmes - Beyond the Glory when we were up to 15 this afternoon.

Come on people. I'm leaving that one up to you.

http://angelleye.no-ip.com:10008

Douche Baggins
04-08-2005, 11:32 PM
Sweeeeet.

Douche Baggins
04-08-2005, 11:32 PM
And it's only 1.48 GB!

DRU
04-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Yeah...it's not quite the same quality as my 2004 stuff but it's alright.

beer bacon
04-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Thanks DRU. I will seed this for as long as possible.

Pants
04-08-2005, 11:36 PM
I seeded Priest to a 2.0 ratio, than I had to give up since my shitty ass laptop is too slow when I'm dling with BitComet.

mcan
04-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Still not sure how this bit-torrent stuff works... I tried one time to download the software or something, and I still couldn't figure it out...

Pants
04-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Still not sure how this bit-torrent stuff works... I tried one time to download the software or something, and I still couldn't figure it out...

It's really easy. Download BitComet, go to a torrent site, click the link and that's it.

DRU
04-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Well, that's not really it if you have a router or software firewall of any sort. You have to open up the ports or it'll be slow and you'll think it sucks.

http://dessent.net/btfaq/

DRU
04-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Speaking of which....i'm about to play Battlefield for a little while so i'm turning down the bandwidth for the time being. it'll speed up again later.

HemiEd
04-09-2005, 12:45 AM
Wow, nice choice of games! :thumb:

Herzig
04-09-2005, 06:35 AM
DRU rules! :thumb:

Herzig
04-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Bump.

ChiefsFanatik88
04-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Dru, You are the man.

Chan93lx50
04-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Thanks DRU, you da man!

So what is the next torrent you will be making available?

C-Mac
04-09-2005, 10:27 PM
DRU
I have a stockpile of VHS Chiefs games back to 1986. I know how to record them to a mpeg or avi, but is there a trick to converting to torrent?

Douche Baggins
04-09-2005, 10:28 PM
DRU
I have a stockpile of VHS Chiefs games back to 1986. I know how to record them to a mpeg or avi, but is there a trick to converting to torrent?

You don't convert them to torrent. You make a torrent file and open it up. It "points" to the media file on your drive so people can download it. In layman's terms....

C-Mac
04-09-2005, 11:13 PM
You don't convert them to torrent. You make a torrent file and open it up. It "points" to the media file on your drive so people can download it. In layman's terms....

So then what so great about torrent?

DRU
04-09-2005, 11:15 PM
DRU

Yeah, you just create a torrent file. Most bittorrent clients include some way to create torrents files. then, you can send me the .torrent file you create and I'll host it on my tracker. you'd have to seed it though.

I use Azureus and it makes it really easy to setup your own tracker if you wish.

Douche Baggins
04-09-2005, 11:15 PM
So then what so great about torrent?

It's the best way to distribute large media files across the internet. Did you have a better idea for downloading gigs of video?

Douche Baggins
04-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Yeah, you just create a torrent file. Most bittorrent clients include some way to create torrents files. then, you can send me the .torrent file you create and I'll host it on my tracker. you'd have to seed it though.

I use Azureus and it makes it really easy to setup your own tracker if you wish.

Hopefully you guys can work this out. This would be awesome if we could use Chiefsplanet to distribute all these old CHiefs games.

C-Mac, do you have a list? You're not THIS (http://www.chiefsgames.fanspace.com/catalog.html) guy, are you?

DRU
04-09-2005, 11:17 PM

do you have the montana/elway matchup?????? I'd love to get that included in my collection. just got chiefsvideo.com purchased and got a good host. I'll be getting that up here pretty soon.

Douche Baggins
04-09-2005, 11:18 PM
do you have the montana/elway matchup?????? I'd love to get that included in my collection. just got chiefsvideo.com purchased and got a good host. I'll be getting that up here pretty soon.

Montana Elway would be my first choice for any of the old games....I need to get that sucker archived so bad.

I'd actually like to relive our playoff losses, too. Call me a masochist.

ZootedGranny
04-09-2005, 11:21 PM
It's the best way to distribute large media files across the internet. Did you have a better idea for downloading gigs of video?

I'd say torrent is the best way to distribute files freely across the internet, but I prefer newsgroups as the best means of transfer.

It's more complicated for the average person than torrents are, and the best way to go is through paying a service (I pay $15 per month for unlimited downloads thru Newshosting), but all it would take is one person to upload the file to a binaries group, and then everyone could leech from there, at speeds that would nearly max out their connection.

DRU could upload it once, and then everyone could get it from there without having to depend on others upload bandwidth.

C-Mac
04-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Hopefully you guys can work this out. This would be awesome if we could use Chiefsplanet to distribute all these old CHiefs games.

C-Mac, do you have a list? You're not THIS (http://www.chiefsgames.fanspace.com/catalog.html) guy, are you?

OK so maybe you you didnt explain torrent in a way I understand it.
So is torrent like a mp4 file, or is it like winmx software? I asked how to make one and you said you dont make them.????

I'm not that guy and I dont have a list...but I do have a ton of games that are mostly commercial free.
It would be sweet to have a web catalog of games to just pick and click from.
:hmmm:

Douche Baggins
04-09-2005, 11:35 PM
OK so maybe you you didnt explain torrent in a way I understand it.
So is torrent like a mp4 file, or is it like winmx software? I asked how to make one and you said you dont make them.????

I'm not that guy and I dont have a list...but I do have a ton of games that are mostly commercial free.
It would be sweet to have a web catalog of games to just pick and click from.
:hmmm:

It's sort of like winmx software, but not really.

You DO make torrents, but its a small file only a few K in size. Read the officiall bittorrent FAQ for more info. http://dessent.net/btfaq/

ZootedGranny, at this point we've got alot of people here at the planet turned on to bittorrent plus the services of DRU's tracker, so I don't think switching is a good idea.

C-Mac
04-09-2005, 11:37 PM
It's sort of like winmx software, but not really.

You DO make torrents, but its a small file only a few K in size. Read the officiall bittorrent FAQ for more info. http://dessent.net/btfaq/

ZootedGranny, at this point we've got alot of people here at the planet turned on to bittorrent plus the services of DRU's tracker, so I don't think switching is a good idea.

Switching what?

Douche Baggins
04-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Switching what?

Using newsgroups to set this whole thing up instead of bittorrent. Switching is a bad idea IMO.

C-Mac
04-09-2005, 11:43 PM
Using newsgroups to set this whole thing up instead of bittorrent. Switching is a bad idea IMO.

Couldnt you just hyperlink the torrents from one main catalog web page?

DRU
04-09-2005, 11:45 PM

that's exactly what chiefsvideo.com is going to be

Douche Baggins
04-09-2005, 11:49 PM

Yeah sure...I was never opposed to that.

C-Mac
04-10-2005, 12:10 AM
that's exactly what chiefsvideo.com is going to be

Sweet.
Let me know if you need any help on web design\setup, or if any of my games are of value.

DRU
04-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Sweet.
Let me know if you need any help on web design\setup, or if any of my games are of value.

i'll take whatever i can get to add to the collection.

how about this...when i was as young as I can remember...the moment i became a chiefs fan was this play...

early 90's is all i can remember...we were punting the ball and the ball bounced at about the 5 yard line and fluttered up into the air right at the goal line. A Chief jumped into the air and grabbed the ball and while floating in the air flipped it backward to another Chief standing on about the 1 inch line who stretched down placed the ball right there and that's where it was spotted.

from that point on I'm a Chiefs fan. But I can't remember anything else about that play...who was in it...what year...what game. Any clue anyone?

C-Mac
04-10-2005, 12:27 AM
i'll take whatever i can get to add to the collection.

how about this...when i was as young as I can remember...the moment i became a chiefs fan was this play...

early 90's is all i can remember...we were punting the ball and the ball bounced at about the 5 yard line and fluttered up into the air right at the goal line. A Chief jumped into the air and grabbed the ball and while floating in the air flipped it backward to another Chief standing on about the 1 inch line who stretched down placed the ball right there and that's where it was spotted.

from that point on I'm a Chiefs fan. But I can't remember anything else about that play...who was in it...what year...what game. Any clue anyone?

Oh ya, that was the game against .......... I got nothing.

DRU
04-10-2005, 12:28 AM
heh...yeah i figured so.

Herzig
04-10-2005, 07:01 AM
I have quite a few on VHS too.

Wildcard and Divisional playoff games in 93'
Montana/Elway in 94'
KC/Oak in 95'(Hasty int. return for TD)
KC/SD monday night (Vanover TD in OT)
Monsoon game in 98
DT six sack game against oakland in 98

All of the last 11 Superbowls

Just to name a few...

Chan93lx50
04-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Give me Montana vs Elway and I give you my left nut!

How about that!

C-Mac
04-10-2005, 07:39 AM
I have quite a few on VHS too.

Wildcard and Divisional playoff games in 93'
Montana/Elway in 94'
KC/Oak in 95'(Hasty int. return for TD)
KC/SD monday night (Vanover TD in OT)
Monsoon game in 98
DT six sack game against oakland in 98

All of the last 11 Superbowls

Just to name a few...

Hey Greg,
It would be nice, as you listed, to know of which games are of interest to most Chiefs fans. Then we could be more selective on which games to take the time to convert. Perhaps even vote on popularity of the top 25. Is there any laws concerning the copying and sharing of NFL football games that need to be skirted around?

Herzig
04-10-2005, 07:46 AM
Hey Greg,
It would be nice, as you listed, to know of which games are of interest to most Chiefs fans. Then we could be more selective on which games to take the time to convert. Perhaps even vote on popularity of the top 25. Is there any laws concerning the copying and sharing of NFL football games that need to be skirted around?

PM sent.

KCKID58
04-10-2005, 08:06 AM
what is this? i've downloaded it but it doesn't play with anything. am i doing something wrong or does it need a different program to view it? any help?

Herzig
04-10-2005, 08:15 AM
what is this? i've downloaded it but it doesn't play with anything. am i doing something wrong or does it need a different program to view it? any help?

You need Real Player or Windows Media player to view it. It works fine. Did you use a bittorrent program to download it?

jjjayb
04-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Thanks again DRU. Downloaded and seeding. Just rewatched this game. Man that was a great one.

I don't know if it's such a good idea to set up that site though DRU. I don't think it would be long at all before you received a letter from the NFL's lawyers.

Pants
04-10-2005, 11:19 AM

Did you download the .torrent file? If so, you need a program to start downloading the 3 .avi files. If you need a program to download the torrent - I recommend BitComet, it's really easy to use and is very nice overall.

beer bacon
04-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Back on to seed.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-10-2005, 04:36 PM
I would really like to watch this game again, but I can't figure out how to do this. Can anyone help my cpu illiterate ass?

Pants
04-10-2005, 04:37 PM
I would really like to watch this game again, but I can't figure out how to do this. Can anyone help my cpu illiterate ass?

LOL, for the 1000th time. Download BitComet. Click on DRU's link. Enjoy. Rep Dru.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-10-2005, 04:42 PM
LOL, for the 1000th time. Download BitComet. Click on DRU's link. Enjoy. Rep Dru.

Lol, thanks for the advice metro, sorry I posted before I read through.

Pants
04-10-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm having trouble connecting, can't seed. Currently at 1.0 ratio.