PDA

View Full Version : Wesleys Hit on Anderson.

Scorpdork
12-18-2000, 02:35 PM
Remember on draft day when we all said who the hell is Greg Wesley.We found out who he was during the Bronco game.That hit reminded me of the hit Attwater had on Okoye.

Ugly Duck
12-18-2000, 03:28 PM
It was a solid hit, but it wasn't exactly like Atwater knocking Okoye behind the LOS. They hit each other fairly equally hard. It sounded good, though ... wonder if one of them was wired?

ColoradoChief
12-18-2000, 03:34 PM
I could be mistaken, but I thought the Okoye hit came beyond the LOS.

Warrior5
12-18-2000, 03:48 PM
More important than that hit were two plays later on.

The first, Anderson got thru the LOS, but was ankled by a Chief defender. Anderson fought for a couple seconds, then promptly ducked his head right in the ground. Lo and behold, a split second later, #25 came flyin by!! You think he remembered the earlier collision? OH YEAH BABY!!!

The second, EddieMac caught a pass and weaved in and out, squeezing another 5 yards or so out of the play. Suddenly he dove down to his left, and...that's right, #25 came screamin into the picture just a hare afterwards. I've never ben too fond of ol pencil-neck, but he's no dummy, I'll give him that!

ct
thoroughly enjoyed all three of those plays

milkman
12-18-2000, 03:50 PM
Weslet will knock someone out of a game sooner or later, he flies in for the kill and is fun as heck to watch.

bishop_74
12-18-2000, 06:17 PM
As I remember it Okoye was just past the LOS. He had some steam behind him so I don't think it was behind the LOS. Wouldn't have been such a big deal if he had been behind.

Go Chiefs
12-18-2000, 06:28 PM
I saw a special on CO a short time ago and they were interviewing some of the kids that he now coaches HS FB and they were riding him hard about that hit. It was a very funny story and Christian was very cool about it. He made it a point to his players that even the big guys give hit hard.

Quarterback
12-18-2000, 07:17 PM
Equally impressive for me was the open field hit on the TE. Behind Wesley was nothing as far as the TV picture showed. Chamberlain (I think it was him) would've had a long gain. Welsey stopped him cold for a loss.