PDA

View Full Version : So I had a job interview the other day...

Fried Meat Ball!
04-09-2005, 03:07 AM
A week or so ago I went to a job interview... got a call a couple of days ago, where the interviewer was calling to tell me the bad news. They hired somebody else, "but you were our second choice." Boy, that helps. Nice to know I was a good candidate, but as far as getting the job I might as well have been 10th.

Rain Man
04-09-2005, 03:26 AM
Yep, coming in first is worth 100, and coming in second is worth .000001. It's better than zero, but not by much.

I occasionally have this happen with projects that my firm pursues. "If this one other firm hadn't bid, we'd have given you this $XXXXXX contract. But they did, so go away. It was really close, though." It makes you want to take a razor blade into the bathtub.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-09-2005, 03:30 AM
Yep, coming in first is worth 100, and coming in second is worth .000001. It's better than zero, but not by much.

I occasionally have this happen with projects that my firm pursues. "If this one other firm hadn't bid, we'd have given you this $XXXXXX contract. But they did, so go away. It was really close, though." It makes you want to take a razor blade into the bathtub.
Need an editor or filmmaker?

tk13
04-09-2005, 03:35 AM
It makes you want to take a razor blade into the bathtub.

Maybe if you shaved your legs before meeting the client you'd actually get the project.

Hoover
04-09-2005, 07:14 AM
That happened to me a lot in the past. It sucks.

Hoover
04-09-2005, 07:16 AM
Infact there was a time I just needed a job, just something to get me by for a while. I applied for a filling bags of feed. I got shot down, I was so effin pissed off.

morphius
04-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Infact there was a time I just needed a job, just something to get me by for a while. I applied for a filling bags of feed. I got shot down, I was so effin pissed off.
Maybe they took one look at you and were afraid you were going to eat up all the feed...

luv
04-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Maybe if you shaved your legs before meeting the client you'd actually get the project.
ROFL

badgirl
04-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Yea, this kind of crap happened to me and I was so disappointed, I went for a job interview at a hospital and I was more than qualified for the job, it was on the cardiac FLOOR, regular cardiac patients, I had experience working in cardiac intensive care unit, which is so much more fast paced and stressful, anywho, I interviewed with the nursing director of the floor and she seemed like I had the job in the bag and I thought so also.
She calls me the next day and says "We just can't use you at this time,maby sometime later", what the hell, I have pulled introducers out of peoples femorial artery, with their lives in my hands, a person can bleed to death in 3 and 1/2 min. without enough applied pressure, I had had my fist in peoples groins for almost an hour to where my arms are shaking and aching, knowing I couldn't let go, and what, did she think she had someone more qualified? In CCU, you have to be prepared for someone to start having a heartattach any minute, but I'm not good enough to work on a floor where people are ready to go home the next day!!!
It sucks, and pisses me off to think about it. :cuss:

Hoover
04-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Maybe they took one look at you and were afraid you were going to eat up all the feed...
Hell I didn't even get an interview

Rain Man
04-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Need an editor or filmmaker?

I do. Unfortunately, you appear to be the second-most qualified applicant. Sorry.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-09-2005, 10:24 PM
I do. Unfortunately, you appear to be the second-most qualified applicant. Sorry.
Ass. :p

Ultra Peanut
04-09-2005, 10:54 PM
That happened to me a lot in the past. It sucks.Maybe you need a new razor.

Ultra Peanut
04-09-2005, 10:55 PM
I had had my fist in peoples groins for almost an hour to where my arms are shaking and aching, knowing I couldn't let goHuhuhuhuhuh.

badgirl
04-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Huhuhuhuhuh.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ROFL put out by itself like that it does kinda sound weird