PDA

View Full Version : My cable modem is pissing me off.

Miles
04-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Since yesterday my internet connection has been giving me problems. The cable modem repeatedly cycles and picks up a solid connection only to drop the connection after about a minute. I have tried many times to reboot the modem by disconnecting the power but it doesn’t seem to help.

There was a power outage while I was at class yesterday so I am worried that it may have jacked up my modem. Does anyone have any suggestions for things I may try? I called tech support and they can't send anyone till Tuesday.

Please help me stop that smug blinking light on my modem from taunting me.

KCWolfman
04-09-2005, 09:21 PM
Why don't you just take the modem to the nearest cable outlet?

That's what I do when my modems break down.

Miles
04-09-2005, 09:43 PM
I just tried hooking it up directly to the line into my apartment and unfortunaly didnt have and luck.

morphius
04-09-2005, 11:34 PM
call the cable company, someone could have done something to weaken the single to your apartment. I have had that issue in my house before and that was the fix. Normally if your cable modem is recycling, it isn't something that you can do anything about.

Miles
04-09-2005, 11:57 PM
call the cable company, someone could have done something to weaken the single to your apartment. I have had that issue in my house before and that was the fix. Normally if your cable modem is recycling, it isn't something that you can do anything about.

Cool, that makes me feel better about the possiblitly of my modem not being fried. I called them up earlier today and they cant have anyone out till Tuesday. :( Sounds like I may be stuck with my jacked up connection till then.

morphius
04-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Cool, that makes me feel better about the possiblitly of my modem not being fried. I called them up earlier today and they cant have anyone out till Tuesday. :( Sounds like I may be stuck with my jacked up connection till then.
Yup, sucks how that works.

Coach
04-13-2005, 07:56 AM
So did they figure out what the problem was?

Miles
04-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Yeah unfortunatly my external modem was shot. I will be moving in a few weeks so i just rented onw from them for a month.