PDA

View Full Version : Hall tells the Titties "Look out. I'm gonna have a big year."

Mr. Flopnuts
04-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Nice to see a little fire from the young man.

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/05/03/68027878.shtml?Element_ID=68027878

Hall: Young linemen must improve quickly

By JIM WYATT
Staff Writer

Former Titans defensive end Carlos Hall knows all about having to step up.

As a rookie in 2002, he was thrown into the fire when Jevon Kearse went down with an injury in the opener and responded with an eight-sack season.

After the Titans traded Hall to the Chiefs this week, additional pressure immediately shifted to young defensive ends Travis LaBoy, Antwan Odom and Bo Schobel. They're not rookies anymore, and they can't afford to play like it.

''Tennessee, they may regret they let me go because I plan on having a big season,'' Hall said. ''But at the same time they have Bo and Travis and Antwan, and between those guys I think they'll be OK. They'll have to grow real fast, but I had to grow real fast because of Jevon and they already have a year under their belts. But they have a great leader in Coach Wash (Jim Washburn).''

Hall was expected to start for the Titans in his fourth season. In his first three seasons he started 31 games and recorded 13.5 sacks.

Last season, LaBoy (3.5), Odom (2.0) and Schobel (0) combined for 5.5 sacks, though Schobel only played in five games because of an injury. Two of them likely will start at defensive end this fall.

''Bo didn't get a lot of playing experience but he has a tough attitude and mentality,'' Hall said. ''Travis is going to be all right, he has great speed. And Antwan Odom is a lot like myself.''

Hall said the key to the line will be defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth. Hall said he talked to Haynesworth on Thursday night and liked what he heard.

''He sounds like he is ready to step into the leadership role,'' Hall said. ''Now that Kevin Carter is gone, he is the man in that d-line room. I think he has grown a whole lot just this offseason. I think he has changed his attitude.''

Hall said he wishes he could have stayed with the Titans but didn't think they were committed to him long-term. He was scheduled to make $656,000 on a one-year deal in Tennessee. He's expected to get a multiyear deal from Kansas City.

''It wasn't nothing but great times there in Nashville,'' Hall said. ''I enjoyed the coaches, I enjoyed the team, I enjoyed the atmosphere.

''Now I want to help Kansas City. They need speed at defensive end. I am hoping I can do the same thing Jevon did. He went to Philadelphia and things worked out for him.''

Mr. Laz
04-10-2005, 06:10 PM
''Tennessee, they may regret they let me go because I plan on having a big season,'' Hall said.

cool... always good to have a motivated player

Sure-Oz
04-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Good we need a guy with fire, not an excuse bitch like hicks.

Fairplay
04-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Its a mature response form Hall. Not a cocky one.

Woodrow Call
04-10-2005, 06:47 PM
I like Hall seems like a good guy and motivated.

Come to think of it I have liked all the Chiefs signings this year. The Kool-Aid taste good this time around.

Chan93lx50
04-10-2005, 07:40 PM
There is nothing more I would like to see than Hall, put Hicks ass on the bench, but knowing our luck Allen will be benched and Hicks will still be playing.

Chan93lx50
04-10-2005, 07:41 PM
One more thing, the thing that frustrates me so much about hicks he seems to be able to get around his guy, but after that he puts himself out of position to make the tackle, if the guy could just shove some speed up his ass, he would be a player

The Bad Guy
04-10-2005, 07:43 PM
This guy has a ton of speed off the edge, and was actually pretty good against the run up until last year.

If Hicks starts over him, it's a shame.

Tombstone RJ
04-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Hall sounds like he is thinking more about the Titans and their team, than his new team.

I predict his gonna go into the chefs organization and put up less than 5 sacks a year.

Jenson71
04-10-2005, 07:54 PM
You just gotta love nice titties. Galdamn boys. I heard the nicest thing of my life today. I was making small talk with some hot girl in my class and she was wearing a white button down shirt. I asked her if she had done anything to enhance her boobs while I was gone. She was like "no, feel them."

philfree
04-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kearse play LDE for the Titans? Hall plays Kearses position when Kearse hurt his ankle? So he plays LDE? If all that is true then why is he supposed to be competing with Jared Allen at RDE?

PhilFree :arrow:

alanm
04-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Hall sounds like he is thinking more about the Titans and their team, than his new team.

I predict his gonna go into the chefs organization and put up less than 5 sacks a year.I would've been dissapointed by any less of a prediction from a Bronco fan.
:)