PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the AFL guy get killed?

jspchief
04-11-2005, 10:20 AM
Apparently Sunday a player got killed in an Arena Football game. I guess he took a knee to the head on a kick return tackle and it ended up killing him. They haven't said if he actually died on the field. The players decided at half time to continue playing, after news that the injury was serious. Shortly after, it was determined that the guy died, but they couldn't call the game because the family had not been notified yet.

Demonpenz
04-11-2005, 10:26 AM
i don't know if he died on the field because you would think they would have the plastic loung trying to keep air going in his lungs. WHen he was being taken off they weren't doing that.

Logical
04-11-2005, 10:52 AM
I saw the replay and it looked more like the way he came down on his head and neck that caused the injury. The hit was not even a hard hit, more of a pile up that he rolled over and off of onto his head and neck.

ChiefsCountry
04-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Didn't see that yesterday, but how many of you remember Dennis Byrd accident against the Chiefs?

Sure-Oz
04-11-2005, 12:34 PM
That is just insane seeing him, he was out when taken off to the field, they couldn't revive him, very very sad.

Rain Man
04-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Didn't see that yesterday, but how many of you remember Dennis Byrd accident against the Chiefs?

That was a rather pedestrian hit, too.

redsurfer11
04-11-2005, 07:35 PM

I was at that game with my son. As the play unfolded I thought Dave Krieg was going to get killed,but he stepped up one step at the last second. By doing that Byrd and Mercereau collided. After 20 minutes to get Byrd off the field, Krieg threw a long bomb, to Willie Davis for 50 yards.

LiL stumppy
04-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Anyone have a video if the AFL incedent,I want to see it.

Skip Towne
04-11-2005, 08:59 PM
That was a rather pedestrian hit, too.
No, it wasn't. That was when Byrd collided full speed with the Jets other DE after our QB stepped up in the pocket.

TEX
04-11-2005, 09:41 PM
I saw the hit and it didn't look that bad at all. But you could tell that the guy was hurt because he was motion-less. Pretty weird.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-11-2005, 09:55 PM
I saw the AFL thing on sportscenter today. The players didn't even know that he died until after the game. The QB was out of control crying over it, and I'm sure he's not the only one that was greatly affected. I have a feeling that if they knew that he was dead they would've probably wanted to call the game. I don't know what the coaching staffs excuse was.........