PDA

View Full Version : Per my bet with Iowanian on tonights game...

Dave Lane
12-16-2000, 08:35 PM
I am a little sissy girl and I like to watch the Tigers wearing a dress.

Damn, after a heartbreaking loss in double OT on the road in a game which the Tigers fought their hearts out, now I got to live up to my end of the bet. Oh well, at least the Raiders lost.

Congrats Iowanian & Hitmasque. I'm looking forward to Iowa traveling to Columbia next year.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Baby Lee
12-17-2000, 05:23 AM
One heck of a game though. Both teams showed they are for real. With about 5 minutes left, my wife asked if I was coming to bed. I said lets wait a few minutes until the game ends. Went to bed an hour later.

chiefs2034
12-17-2000, 09:18 AM
Live by the three--die by the three!!!!

Iowa's Luke Recker (Rucker) played on one leg for most of the game. He has a big-big
heart.

Luzap
12-17-2000, 09:40 AM
mizzou5:

Take heart...although we lost in double-overtime this team didn't fold like a cheap polyester suit like it has in the past. I bet if you asked almost every Hawkeye fan they will tell you that they have no fingernails and had to change underwear before going to bed.

This Tiger team will be a factor this year. Allow Arthur Johnson some time to mature and he will be a stud. Soyoye looks like he came to play this year, and with Rush coming on strong this year the NCAA tourney should be a part of our plans. Looks like Quinn is gonna be a pretty good coach.

Kudos to Iowa for a good game last night.

mark

[This message has been edited by Mark Kilgore (edited 12-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mark Kilgore (edited 12-17-2000).]

j molina
12-17-2000, 10:03 AM
Good game but I missed half of my Jayhawk game! ;)

I was rooting for Mizzou for the whole game (Makes us look better when we pound the Tigers) until the 2nd overtime at which point I wanted ANYONE to win.

TEX
12-18-2000, 08:08 AM
Mizzou,

Paid in full.
way to take it like a man.....

I saw the very end of reg and the OTs...d@mn tough game...i didn't know if our boys would pull it out or not...

Mizzou looked pretty tough...

Dave Lane
12-18-2000, 08:13 AM
It was a hell of a game. It was back and forth the entire game. I kept waiting for 1 team to make a run but it never happened.

------------------

bishop_74
12-18-2000, 08:22 AM
One heck of a game. I did think Iowa got some calls early. Alford better teach someone to guard the hot guy. That Gilbert guy couldn't miss for quite a while.

Great game, I think both teams will do well this year.

What's up with the hair? Between Stoke's dredlocks and the Tiger's coaches wild hair I think Iowa was a little startled. White legged boys from Iowa don't see that kind of stuff much.

12-18-2000, 09:26 AM
Both teams made some key mistakes in the clutch, and all of them were do to being "young"...

Both of these teams have nothing to look forward to but GREATNESS...

Definitely one of the best ball games I've ever seen...

------------------
Parker
[b]ChiefsPlanet Administrator</B>

bkkcoh
12-18-2000, 09:34 AM
I agree, great game. Both teams have very good futures.
Quinn Snyder looks like a cross between a young Jerry Lee Lewis, and guy who played the teminator cop in T2.
Stokes looks like Cheryl Miller.

Dave Lane
12-18-2000, 09:46 AM
Stokes 'fro is pretty cool. He was the only one keeping Mizzou alive in the second OT. I can't wait to see Travon Bryant play. He becomes eligible for the Illinois game and he should give them a lot of help down low.

------------------

Fat Homer
12-18-2000, 09:49 AM
The best game of the weekend. I'll ***** a little at the no call at the end of the first OT I believe...Soyoye was pushed half way out of the arena...but on the other hand, it would have been a shame for the game to end on FTs...<P>

TEX
12-18-2000, 10:04 AM
BIG X, BIG X,BIG X, BIG BIG X, BIG X,BIG X, BIG X

wooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Lightning Rod
12-18-2000, 10:05 AM
From reading the topic description of this thread, I wouldn't expect anything less from an MU fan.

When I first turned the game on, I thought that Stokes guy was Whoopie Goldberg. Talk about a team full of and led by FREAKS! You fit right in with the dress! LOL!

See you losers Jan. 29! :D

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/0350-24t/goldberg.who

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/miss/sports/m-baskbl/00-01roster/p-stokes.jpg

Rock Chalk Baby!
http://www.jayhawks.org/graphics_general/smallhawk.jpg

[This message has been edited by DiscoJones (edited 12-18-2000).]

Dave Lane
12-18-2000, 10:07 AM
Diso Jones,

You know your team is going down when the come to Columbia. Besides, you know you like Stokes do. Too bad he doesn't have dreads.

------------------

TEX
12-18-2000, 10:07 AM
disco,

I'm sure you don't want another piece of the HAWKS!! KU has about as good of luck against Iowa as Denver does the Chiefs during the last 4 games.

Pete

Lightning Rod
12-18-2000, 10:16 AM
Scott -

Jan. 29 in Columbia. Mark your calendar. If we get Gregory and Axtell back, you're team's in for a long night! (I know the history, you don't have to remind me - just positive thinkin'.) Striking resemblance between Whoopie and Stokes, huh? Is his first name Eddie by chance?

Pete -

Ouch! :) I got a feeling though that this team isn't going to lose to any of the teams from Iowa this year (only Iowa St. is scheduled to date).

Dave Lane
12-18-2000, 10:36 AM
That's OK because Mizzou will have Bryant playing and I hope they play Axtell because Hinrich and Boschee are both better that Luke. The pic below is what KU is in for when they come to Columbia(although I think Chenowith might like it).
http://www.geocities.com/mizou5/smack.jpg

------------------

Lightning Rod
12-18-2000, 10:45 AM
LOL (especially the Chenowuss comment - at least he showed up Saturday night)! You must've gotten that picture from the MU NCAA tournament archive. Isn't that their first-round ritual?

Both Luke and Kenny play G/F, so we can still keep Hinrich or Boschee on the floor with them. Besides, Kenny was our top scorer and Luke was the only one who hit anything during the WF game - suspect D though. Mostly I want Kenny back.

Bryant! (In my best Seinfeld, "Newman" impersonation)

[This message has been edited by DiscoJones (edited 12-18-2000).]

CHIEF1
12-18-2000, 12:29 PM
I just took a look at the spanking photo and started a laugh riot in the ofice!!! :D
mizzou5, that is one for the ages! Nice ripple effect; good timing!

The Tigers are going to stomp on the Jayhawks this season!! Travon will beef up the middle to be sure! TJ is certainly playing better; I think AJ is helping in that area.

Rook, choke, Jaypukes! ;) GO MIZZOU!!

M-I-Z-*

Dave Lane
12-18-2000, 07:44 PM
As bad as it was to lose the 2-OT thriller at Iowa, it was twice as sweet to win tonight in Indiana. I only wish Knight was still the coach so I could have heard him drop a few f-bombs during one of those post-game tantrums he used to throw during the press conference. Bring on the Illini!!

Mizzou 68
Indiana 63

------------------

CHIEF1
12-18-2000, 09:55 PM
Hello, my name is Indianian, and I'm somebody who has hacked into redhed's ISP. I just_per /want _a /to say that_wager /)I like to pick wildflowers and press them in poetry books. I also love to make dainty doilies out of the cutest lace you've ever seen. *SMOOCHY*

HAIL TO MISSOURI

<BR>

Lightning Rod
12-19-2000, 09:33 AM
Nice win Mizzou. Big10 shmig10. Illinois is next in line from the BigpreTENd for the Tigers and KU's gonna down Ohio State come Saturday!

Big12 over BigpreTENd all this week! :D

Jan. 29, Columbia, MO @ 8:00
Rock Chalk Baby!

Dave Lane
12-19-2000, 09:56 AM
EH,

Is the KU/OSU game in Lawrence? The MU/Illini game should be another great one. Bryant is eligible to join the team tonight at 5:30pm so hopefully he'll get some playing time tomorrow.

------------------

12-19-2000, 10:56 AM
Pete,

Nice front-page article on the Hawks at CBS-Sportsline today...
http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,3213778_55,00.html

Isn't the Big 10 vs. Big XII argument over already?

Big 10 - 4 ranked teams
Big XII - 1 ranked team

Big 10 - 3-1 vs. Big XII
Big XII - 1-3 vs. Big 10

Big 10 boasts wins over Maryland, Temple (2), Kentucky (2), St. Johns, UMass, North Carolina, Florida, Iowa State, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, and Arizona.

Big XII boasts wins over DePaul (2) and Indiana.

Big 10 has 7 teams with 2 losses or less...
Big 12 has 7 teams with 2 losses or less...

I won't even go into strength of schedule...

I'm sorry but the Big XII and the Big 10 just don't compare...

------------------
Parker
[b]ChiefsPlanet Administrator</B>

TEX
12-19-2000, 10:58 AM
there ya go...nothing else to say...

Dave Lane
12-19-2000, 11:42 AM
I think some of your stats are off. Indiana already has 2 losses to Big 12 teams(Texas & Mizzou) and the Big 12 currently has 2 ranked teams(OU & KU). The big 12 has victories over 2000 NCAA tourney teams Arkansas, Depaul(2), Indiana(2), St Louis, UNLV, St Johns, UCLA, Tulsa, Valparaiso and Miami.

------------------

Lightning Rod
12-19-2000, 12:02 PM
Good stats Scott. :)

The KU/OSU (Ohio State) game will be this Saturday (Dec. 23) @ Ohio State. Gametime is 3:00 pm CST on CBS.

I'll have to turn that MU/IU game on so I can get a glimps of Bryant...

[This message has been edited by DiscoJones (edited 12-19-2000).]

Lightning Rod
12-19-2000, 12:08 PM
Both major polls have Illinois ranked #5 with TWO LOSSES! WTF!?! Oh well, it'll be three in no time.

Never thought I'd root for MU....okay, only during non-conference games...