PDA

View Full Version : Happy? Disappointed with the Royals thus far

KCChiefsMan
04-11-2005, 11:57 AM
The Royals are off to a better start that I imagined. 3-3, we've allowed less runs than the Yanks. Maybe we'll go on a little winning streak! I'm almost excited! If Lima could pitch this year we'd be doing great!

tyton75
04-11-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm ecstatic with their season so far.. who would have thought they would come home 3-3 after that road trip.. our pitching looks really good.. (except for Lima) our young guys are playing hard.. and Sweeney can still hit.. (although he still sux in the field.).. overall.. very happy with them thusfar

Demonpenz
04-11-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm ecstatic with their season so far.. who would have thought they would come home 3-3 after that road trip.. our pitching looks really good.. (except for Lima) our young guys are playing hard.. and Sweeney can still hit.. (although he still sux in the field.).. overall.. very happy with them thusfar

It's pretty sad on MVP baseball most people have a glove for good fielding above their heads, or a bat if they can hit, or a ball if they have a good arm. Sweeney has a skillet, because of his skillet hands .

Iowanian
04-11-2005, 12:10 PM
How sad is it, that "not being 0-6" is successful?

chiefqueen
04-11-2005, 12:11 PM
Ken Rosenhaul (sp?) did say Denny Bautista had the most impressive outing by a young pitcher over the weekend on Cold Pizza this morning.

big nasty kcnut
04-11-2005, 12:12 PM
I'm impressed with the royals hope everybody keep working hard.

DeepSouth
04-11-2005, 12:30 PM
I hope that Pena does not stick with Lima if he continues to struggle. He stuck with Anderson way too long last year. Especially, since Gobble and Snyder both had a pretty good spring and are biting at the bit to be called up.

And, the Mets (Beltran's new team) started out 1-5.

shakesthecat
04-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Taking 2 of 3 from Los Anaheim was a nice surprise.

bsp4444
04-11-2005, 12:46 PM
I think if Grienke had not been hurt, we might even be one game better. I'm awful undecided as to the Gotay\Graffanino\Teahan platoon. Which one id the best combination for runs and defense?

AirForceChief
04-11-2005, 12:59 PM
My only frustration to date has been the gnawing feeling that with Joe Randa at 3rd we'd probably be 5-1 right now!! For me, that was the big negative of the off season. With nobody ready to come in, you let one of the most underrated third basemen in baseball simply walk away from the organization. Check that, you kick him out of the organization. Don't tell me they arn't lowering payroll for payroll's sake when they make moves like this. What, there's no room for steady veterans, who can teach top-shelf prospects like Tehan the game, in a youth movement.

I'm reminded of one of my favorite quips: Go sell crazy somewhere else, were all full up here!

However, all bitching aside, 3 and 3 is still better than what I expected. Sad but true. Hey, it's the 11th of April and my baseball season isn't over yet!! Whoo, hooooooooo...

ChiefsCountry
04-11-2005, 01:11 PM
We are going to have one nasty starting pitching staff with Greinke, Bautisa, and Hernandez. Teahan, DeJesus, and Buck should be pretty good players. If Berroa gets back to his rookie form, we could have some good teams pretty quickly.

Spicy McHaggis
04-11-2005, 01:26 PM
I had a blast yesterday watching the game. We had a ton of people over to the apartment to grill and partake of cold beverages after spending the earlier part of the day at the driving range. Great Sunday, all around. I hope they win today and stir up some excitement for the club. I know I'd be there if I didn't have a test.

Sure-Oz
04-11-2005, 01:27 PM
This team stays right at .500 all year that would be a succesful season.

morphius
04-11-2005, 01:35 PM
I can live .500 for the Royals, at the end of the year it probably means we are almost in competition for the playoff's, even though it is doubtful that we would ever get in.

beavis
04-11-2005, 02:26 PM
I think the most impressive thing thus far is how we've won games. Good (almost dominating) starting pitching. If Greinke doesn't get nailed by that liner, maybe we're 4-2. If Lima was playing for the T-Bones like he should be, we'd be 6-0.

KCChiefsMan
04-11-2005, 02:45 PM
amen about Joe Randa. If we could just keep some players, this team would be so much better. Obviously we couldn't have kept Beltran, I dont remember what Seattle paid for Ibanez, but we kept him and Randa and maybe had a better offseason in signing, it would be a lot better. But right now I'm pleasantly surprised!

Mark M
04-11-2005, 02:53 PM
So far, so good ... (sound of knocking on wood).

With the obvious exception of Lima, the starting pitching has been solid, and they seem to be playing decent defense.

The key, IMHO, is for them to play small ball and not always look to jack the 3-run homer. Just hit it where they ain't and make the smart play.

The one thing I've been disapointed with so far is some of the bad deicsions with base running -- there have been some poor choices.

And what's with guys getting picked off? Maybe I just don't watch enough, but so far I've seen like 3 Royals get caught leaning the wrong way. I don't ever remember that happening that often before.

MM
~~:)

tk13
04-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Randa hit 8 homers and had like 50 RBI last year... and most of them didn't come until we were a zillion games out of the race, he didn't really produce with the bat... there is no way he was worth the 3.5 million dollar option we would've had to pay for him. It had nothing to do with lowering payroll or keeping players. There's no way he would've wanted to sign here knowing Teahen would be up taking his job at some point during this season. I don't think anyone here would take a job where they know they're going to be replaced when there's a full-time job somewhere else. I'm glad Joe's doing well, but he should hit for more power in that ballpark in Cincy, the ball flies out of there.... but I don't think there was any way Joe wanted to be here if he had to sit the bench after a couple months. I'll still contend that Teahen can top Randa's HR and RBI numbers from last year, which is why I had no problem letting him walk in the first place.

Chief Henry
04-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Ruben Gotay is da BOMB.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-11-2005, 04:15 PM
I'd have to say a 3-3 road trip is good anytime... so to get it to start the season is great. Now hopefully we can play over .500 at home and stay at .500 on the road and anything can happen.

Way to start Royals..... now keep it up.....

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-11-2005, 04:16 PM
I dont remember what Seattle paid for Ibanez,
$9 million.

Ghostof
04-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Royals are going to lose today

Dayze
04-11-2005, 09:38 PM
only 6 months to go before baseball season is over.
*sigh*

Stunningly boring game. I guess if I played it when I was a pup, I'd be more interested......but I just can't get interested. Way too slow.

PunkinDrublic
04-11-2005, 10:59 PM
I think it's a pretty good start considering the team is starting all over again. This team is not likely to compete for the central this year. I think the Royals are doing the right thing in developing some young talent and cutting payroll. Hopefully in a couple years enough talent emerges to make a serious run at the playoffs. There's no reason why the Royals can't emulate what the Twins do.

Der Flöprer
04-11-2005, 11:07 PM
My Mariners haven't gotten off to the best of starts this year. I'm from KC so it hurts me to say this..........Thank God we're playing the Royals right now, we need some confidence.

Woodrow Call
04-12-2005, 12:13 AM
Randa hit 8 homers and had like 50 RBI last year... and most of them didn't come until we were a zillion games out of the race, he didn't really produce with the bat... there is no way he was worth the 3.5 million dollar option we would've had to pay for him. It had nothing to do with lowering payroll or keeping players. There's no way he would've wanted to sign here knowing Teahen would be up taking his job at some point during this season. I don't think anyone here would take a job where they know they're going to be replaced when there's a full-time job somewhere else. I'm glad Joe's doing well, but he should hit for more power in that ballpark in Cincy, the ball flies out of there.... but I don't think there was any way Joe wanted to be here if he had to sit the bench after a couple months. I'll still contend that Teahen can top Randa's HR and RBI numbers from last year, which is why I had no problem letting him walk in the first place.

:clap:

Logical
04-12-2005, 12:19 AM
only 6 months to go before baseball season is over.
*sigh*

Stunningly boring game. I guess if I played it when I was a pup, I'd be more interested......but I just can't get interested. Way too slow.
Naw, once you lose the love for the game you realize it is just as boring as soccer.

ENDelt260
04-12-2005, 01:45 AM
Naw, once you lose the love for the game you realize it is just as boring as soccer.
That's a ridiculously obvious statement. Many women find football boring. Hell, many men won't watch golf.

Of course if you don't have love for a sport it's boring.