PDA

View Full Version : Would Rams take Woods off our hands?

shaneo69
04-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Rams | Safety Help Needed - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:20:26 -0700

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports safety remains the thinnest position on the St. Louis Rams' depth chart entering the 2005 NFL Draft. S Adam Archuleta is the only safety on roster at this time that was with the squad in 2004. Thus, the Rams need a safety, or possibly two, during the draft. If the Rams were to target S Thomas Davis (Georgia), he is unlikely to still be on the board when the Rams select No. 19 overall. If they were to target S Brodney Pool (Oklahoma), he is believed to be a reach that early but he will likely be gone before the team's second round selection.

With Joe Vitt and Kurt Schottenheimer on their staff, I think we might be able to dump Romie off on the Lambs for a draft pick. DO IT CARL!!!

KCChiefsMan
04-11-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm for it!

Pants
04-11-2005, 04:38 PM
No way. Romie retires a Chief. Plus he'll be much improved from last year, I'm willing to give him a shot at the FS position.

CosmicPal
04-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Nobody wants our defensive players. I heard NE got a lot of sh@t for picking up Beisel last week.

Mr. Laz
04-11-2005, 04:46 PM
No way. Romie retires a Chief. Plus he'll be much improved from last year, I'm willing to give him a shot at the FS position.

willing to give him a shot at the FS position??

Pants
04-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Nobody wants our defensive players. I heard NE got a lot of sh@t for picking up Beisel last week.

**** that traitor. Stupid Wildcat. We offered better money too, but he had to go to a "better" team. Good riddance you fag! (not you Cosmic, Besiel)

Pants
04-11-2005, 04:47 PM
willing to give him a shot at the FS position??

What are you implying?

Mr. Laz
04-11-2005, 04:48 PM
What are you implying?

you act like FS is a new position for him or something ... he's been playing FS almost his entire career.

if the Rams will trade something for him ... get 'er done

KCChiefsMan
04-11-2005, 04:49 PM
What are you implying?

that Woods has been our starting FS for the past several years

Pants
04-11-2005, 04:49 PM
you act like FS is a new position for him or something ... he's been playing FS almost his entire career.

if the Rams will trade something for him ... get 'er done

I didn't realize I was acting like it was something new for him, I meant to say I'd give him another chance at it (as in, play the position AGAIN).

Wile_E_Coyote
04-11-2005, 04:52 PM
don't worry Shane, the Chiefs can keep Woods & still have room for Bartee

Mr. Laz
04-11-2005, 04:55 PM
I didn't realize I was acting like it was something new for him, I meant to say I'd give him another chance at it (as in, play the position AGAIN).

aaaahhh

i'd still trade him if you can get a decent draft pick for him

he never should of been resigned last year ... neither should hicks

LiL stumppy
04-11-2005, 04:56 PM
They may take anyone one of our guys that don't make it.

Big Chief Homer
04-11-2005, 05:20 PM
I thought it was us who end up with their shitty players,not them with ours.

whoman69
04-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Due to the fact we just signed him last year, we most likely cannot trade or cut Woods until after June 1 due to salary cap considerations.

ChiefsCountry
04-11-2005, 05:25 PM

They did sign Greg Hill, June Henley thats two off the top of my head.

Big Chief Homer
04-11-2005, 05:36 PM
They did sign Greg Hill, June Henley thats two off the top of my head.

I see your Hill and Huntley and raise you a Mccleon and a Horne :p

shaneo69
04-11-2005, 07:07 PM
don't worry Shane, the Chiefs can keep Woods & still have room for Bartee

ROFL :thumb:

andoman
04-11-2005, 07:13 PM
I see your Hill and Huntley and raise you a Mccleon and a Horne :p

and a Green and a Germaine...

Braincase
04-11-2005, 07:17 PM
If we gave Woods to the Rams, they'd demand our second round pick t'boot.

Inspector
04-11-2005, 07:18 PM
I would be all for letting Woods head East, but after reading the article about him I am willing to give him another shot this year.

He makes it sound like he wants to redeem himself. I know we've seen that kind of talk before, but I'd still like to see if he makes good on his talk.

And I will be pissed next season when I find out that it was all just talk....

Manila-Chief
04-11-2005, 09:27 PM
I would be all for letting Woods head East, but after reading the article about him I am willing to give him another shot this year.

He makes it sound like he wants to redeem himself. I know we've seen that kind of talk before, but I'd still like to see if he makes good on his talk.

And I will be pissed next season when I find out that it was all just talk....

I agree. I like the fact that he was working to improve or regain his skills even before the Knight signing. He was injured last year and that has to have affected his performance. So, I'm looking for him to rebound this year.

I, also, agree with you “just talk” as well!!!

I may be a dissenting voice here but I'm not completely sold on Knight. (1) For some reason he has been passed from team to team. (2) He is considered to be slow. (3) Our FO seems to bring in too many players they "know" whether there are better players on the market or not. (4) And, even the lowly fish got rid of him. I really hope he is as good as you guys all proclaim him to be!!!

In fact it would not surprise me if Woods and Wesley both retain their starting positions. Knight may serve the purpose of lighting a fire underneath both of them. They have both been pretty good S in the past. Now may be a different story if DV just awards a player the starting position with out competition?????

TEX
04-11-2005, 09:27 PM
If we gave Woods to the Rams, they'd demand our second round pick t'boot.

ROFL And you know that Tags would award them one! :shake:

Frankie
04-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Woods + Bartee + a 7th for their 3rd. We can then trade that to the Phins for Surtain.

Frankie
04-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Woods + Bartee + a 7th for their 3rd. We can then trade that to the Phins for Surtain.

If we ever pull something like that off, I'm afraid they'll convert Bartee into a pro-bowl safety. That would be painfully ironic.

Frankie
04-11-2005, 10:42 PM

Yet, the SuperBowl champs did get him.

Frankie
04-11-2005, 10:45 PM
that Woods has been our starting FS for the past several years

Not in 2002. :p

Frankie
04-11-2005, 10:46 PM

What goes around is bound to come around.

htismaqe
04-12-2005, 07:43 AM
I agree. I like the fact that he was working to improve or regain his skills even before the Knight signing. He was injured last year and that has to have affected his performance. So, I'm looking for him to rebound this year.

I, also, agree with you “just talk” as well!!!

I may be a dissenting voice here but I'm not completely sold on Knight. (1) For some reason he has been passed from team to team. (2) He is considered to be slow. (3) Our FO seems to bring in too many players they "know" whether there are better players on the market or not. (4) And, even the lowly fish got rid of him. I really hope he is as good as you guys all proclaim him to be!!!

In fact it would not surprise me if Woods and Wesley both retain their starting positions. Knight may serve the purpose of lighting a fire underneath both of them. They have both been pretty good S in the past. Now may be a different story if DV just awards a player the starting position with out competition?????

1) He's not flashy nor physically imposing.

2) He is?

3) Don't get this one at all. Knight was probably the best S available.

4) The "lowly" Fish had a top-5 pass defense every year Knight was there.

Sammy Knight was at or near the top of the league in both takeaways and tackles over the last 5 years...he produces, period.

shaneo69
04-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Sammy Knight was at or near the top of the league in both takeaways and tackles over the last 5 years...he produces, period.

I could care less about what he's done the past 5 years. The only thing that matters is what he'll do for the Chiefs now that he'll be hitting the magical age of 30. I think it's only natural to be skeptical as to how it's going to help our defense to put one of our two best defensive players (Wesley) on the bench.

If Carl and Co. thought Knight was so great, why didn't they attempt to sign him two years ago when he was a free agent and Woods was coming off a serious injury and Wesley was coming off a shaky year?

It's also a little unsettling to think that Nick Saban views Tebucky Jones as an upgrade over Knight. Two teams now have made it clear that they needed to be faster in the secondary. I'm sure I could go back through Pastabelly's archives and find the article from when the Saints let Knight go and signed Tebucky because they wanted to upgrade their defensive speed. And that was before Knight turned 28.

htismaqe
04-12-2005, 10:26 AM
I could care less about what he's done the past 5 years. The only thing that matters is what he'll do for the Chiefs now that he'll be hitting the magical age of 30. I think it's only natural to be skeptical as to how it's going to help our defense to put one of our two best defensive players (Wesley) on the bench.

If Carl and Co. thought Knight was so great, why didn't they attempt to sign him two years ago when he was a free agent and Woods was coming off a serious injury and Wesley was coming off a shaky year?

It's also a little unsettling to think that Nick Saban views Tebucky Jones as an upgrade over Knight. Two teams now have made it clear that they needed to be faster in the secondary. I'm sure I could go back through Pastabelly's archives and find the article from when the Saints let Knight go and signed Tebucky because they wanted to upgrade their defensive speed. And that was before Knight turned 28.

You basically just made the argument to keep William Bartee...

Hell, speed over PRODUCTION, right?