PDA

View Full Version : Question?

dtrain
04-11-2005, 07:47 PM
How come we haven't sent Bartee and Sapp to NFLE? Seems to me that they could use the extra practice and experience.

Bwana
04-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Bartee would get burned over there as well do to his non bending neck.

Skip Towne
04-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Here's another question. Why did Oklahoma ever recruit Bartee?

Chiefnj
04-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Coaches have said that tt's tough to play in Europe and then come back finish camp and play an entire 16 game NFL season. Too much wear and tear. If the player is someone the team is really expecting to rely on in the upcoming year, rather than develop looking ahead, I think they keep them in the states.

dtrain
04-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Coaches have said that tt's tough to play in Europe and then come back finish camp and play an entire 16 game NFL season. Too much wear and tear. If the player is someone the team is really expecting to rely on in the upcoming year, rather than develop looking ahead, I think they keep them in the states.

I know that is tough but if you are switching someone to a new position it would seem logical to me for that person to spend at least one year there.

Chiefnj
04-11-2005, 08:39 PM
I know that is tough but if you are switching someone to a new position it would seem logical to me for that person to spend at least one year there.

It would make sense to have him spend a year in Europe but then sit on the bench or play sparingly while learning the Chiefs playbook and forgetting the Rhein Fire's. Tough to expect the kid to do both 100%.

Phobia
04-11-2005, 08:43 PM
A player also has to be willing to go to NFLE. If you're a 2nd round pick, the team isn't gonna dump you because you didn't go to NFLE.

LiL stumppy
04-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Here's another question. Why did Oklahoma ever recruit Bartee?

Because he was a good SAFTY

Pants
04-11-2005, 08:55 PM
I remeber hearing from numerous sources that he owns in practice and chokes during the games, i.e. tries to think too much instead of following his instincts in order not f*ck up. How ironic though...

the Talking Can
04-11-2005, 09:03 PM
How come we haven't sent Bartee and Sapp to NFLE?

because they're not good enough...