PDA

View Full Version : Leather furniture

ENDelt260
04-12-2005, 12:02 AM
Guess I'll push the boundaries of this forum a bit...

I just bought a leather recliner and sofa. Would like to hear recommendations from other leather furniture owning Planeteers on cleaning and conditioning. Both products and practices.

Thanks,
Brian

AustinChief
04-12-2005, 12:11 AM
I can see this thread going downhill fast...

ENDelt260
04-12-2005, 12:24 AM
I can see this thread going downhill fast...
Yeah? Well, give it a shove, you pussy. If I'm not gonna get quality advice, I might as well get a laugh.

elvomito
04-12-2005, 02:35 AM
being proactive is the best way. don't lounge naked!
unless its brown leather

Iowanian
04-12-2005, 08:39 AM
The overuse of backfat as a leather conditioner could be considered over rated I heard.

Baby Lee
04-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Kind of like using daylight savings to remind you to change the batteries in your smoke alarms, train yourself to scrub down your furniture each time you wash your legs.

Phobia
04-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Guess I'll push the boundaries of this forum a bit...

I just bought a leather recliner and sofa. Would like to hear recommendations from other leather furniture owning Planeteers on cleaning and conditioning. Both products and practices.

Thanks,
Brian

I do it with a leather conditioner when I get around to it. I don't recall the brand. There is no freaking way that the instructions that came with your couch are practical - once a month?!?!? I probably do mine once or twice a year. But, I also bought my furniture when I was making a shitload of money and had it custom made so I have a high end leather. A $600 couch from Ikea may need more care.

ENDelt260
04-12-2005, 12:07 PM
There is no freaking way that the instructions that came with your couch are practical

Or, y'know, even exist.

Phobia
04-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Or, y'know, even exist.

Oh - my shit came with some tube of crap saying I needed to put it on once a month. I was like - yeah, like I'm gonna spend $15 a tube of this shit that often.

ENDelt260
04-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Oh - my shit came with some tube of crap saying I needed to put it on once a month. I was like - yeah, like I'm gonna spend $15 a tube of this shit that often.
Mine probably would've come with a bottle, but the saleslady turned into an irritating twit so I didn't buy one. I couldn't seem to drill into her thick skull that while I had no problem spending an extra $10 that day to buy the cleaner/conditioner, that the cleaner was a finite resource, and when I wanted a new bottle I wasn't going to drive all the f*cking way across town to the goddamned Ikea superstore just to pick up another $10 bottle and would just simply like to know if the shit was also likely to be available at my local f*cking Target you stupid c*nt quit babbling and answer the simple f*cking question!

Heh... uh... I don't like shopping. Really big stores with lots of people in them agitate me.

Miles
04-12-2005, 05:56 PM
I just use the car interior stuff on mine and it seems to work well enough. I probably only condition it no more than twice a year as well.

StcChief
04-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Twice a year with cleaner/conditioner.

Got a Lazyboy leather recliner 7 years now daily use. No cracks.

Donger
04-13-2005, 11:27 AM
I've used everything from very expensive cleaner/conditioner to Armor All Leather wipes.

Can't tell a difference between them. I clean them about twice a year; more often depending how much crap my kids spill on them.

Phobia
04-13-2005, 11:35 AM
I've used everything from very expensive cleaner/conditioner to Armor All Leather wipes.

Can't tell a difference between them. I clean them about twice a year; more often depending how much crap my kids spill on them.

Insert leg washing joke here: ___________________________________

Donger
04-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Insert leg washing joke here: ___________________________________

I've no idea of what you speak.