PDA

View Full Version : Another Surtain Thread!

petegz28
04-12-2005, 09:38 AM
We havn't had one for over a week! I am getting withdrawl! :BLVD:

philfree
04-12-2005, 10:35 AM
We havn't had one for over a week! I am getting withdrawl! :BLVD:

Just get the guy on the roster already :banghead: We don't need a Grand Slam just a 3 run dinger. We've got two guys on base in
Bell and Knight now all we need is the home run and that's Patrick Surtain. Don't strike out with guys on base, Carl. Damit Carl! :cuss:

PhilFree:arrow:

Wile_E_Coyote
04-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Does CP have the balls to draft a CB at #15, LB at #46, then call Miami?

htismaqe
04-12-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm guessing that he'll call Miami BEFORE the draft.

I see this coming down much the same way Trent Green did...

Wile_E_Coyote
04-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Miami would like to get the cap relief before June 1st. It would be a huge gamble that another team wouldn't step forward with a 3rd this year.

But do you make a trade with this year's picks, without the player taking a physical

Alphaman
04-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Miami would like to get the cap relief before June 1st. It would be a huge gamble that another team wouldn't step forward with a 3rd this year.

But do you make a trade with this year's picks, without the player taking a physical

I think this deal gets done at least 2 days before the draft for 2 reasons:

1) The Dophins need to clear cap space before the draft in order to participate in the draft.

2) We still need to complete a contract with Surtain which we can't do with out a trade in place. We would need time to work that contract if Miami is to use the picks in the draft.

philfree
04-12-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm guessing that he'll call Miami BEFORE the draft.

I see this coming down much the same way Trent Green did...

This needs to happen before the draft or the chances that another team enters the picture increases greatly. Every team needs a pro bowl CB where as not many teams needed a gimpy QB who's best suited to run the Gillman/DV/Saunders//////// Offense we run. I hope we don't out smart ourselves. If Carl gets Surtain for a 4th this year and another pick next year and we have our 2nd rounder intact I'll :hmmm: have another drink :thumb:

PhilFree :arrow:

Dayze
04-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Does CP have the balls to draft a CB at #15, LB at #46, then call Miami?

Yes.
:thumb:

Tribal Warfare
04-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Derrick Johnson tradeup and pickup Surtain with this years 4th and next years 2nd or 3rd.

VonneMarie
04-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Jack Harry said that a NY paper reported that the Chiefs and Surtain have agreed to contract in principle. Check out the 38 Sports Spot to see what he says about it.

VonneMarie
04-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Jack Harry said that a NY paper reported that the Chiefs and Surtain have agreed to contract in principle. Check out the 38 Sports Spot to see what he says about it.
It on now!

Wile_E_Coyote
04-12-2005, 06:14 PM
for all those fin fans, Lynn Styles said, "Miami is asking for a second." Not a first, not a second & a lower round pick, "a second"

Alphaman
04-12-2005, 06:46 PM

Isn't that old news?

Uncle_Ted
04-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Mort mentioned the potential trade on SportsCenter tonight ... nothing new. We have an agreement ready with Surtain, we've offered Miami a 4th, they'll only take a 2nd, we don't have a 3rd that we can trade, etc. Mort thinks the deal will eventually get done however.

beer bacon
04-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Mort mentioned the potential trade on SportsCenter tonight ... nothing new. We have an agreement ready with Surtain, we've offered Miami a 4th, they'll only take a 2nd, we don't have a 3rd that we can trade, etc. Mort thinks the deal will eventually get done however.

I am sorry, but Bob Gretz said there is no contract agreement. Bob Gretz people! What possible reason would he have to not tell the truth?!?

VonneMarie
04-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Isn't that old news?
That apparently wasn't true. They weren't even close to agreeing on a contract extension.

Try and keep up. ;)

NJ Chief Fan
04-12-2005, 08:23 PM
i think hes waitin on ty law to recover and see how he looks before he gets into serious talks with miami

the only way i say we draft cb in the first is if we sign law and then we trade down and draft jackson...the reason why i say this is law went to michigan and jackson just left mich and would be a great mentor for jackson...i think hed listen to law

Nightfyre
04-12-2005, 08:37 PM
i think hes waitin on ty law to recover and see how he looks before he gets into serious talks with miami

the only way i say we draft cb in the first is if we sign law and then we trade down and draft jackson...the reason why i say this is law went to michigan and jackson just left mich and would be a great mentor for jackson...i think hed listen to law
I dont know that I agree with your logic. I think Law would be a good mentor for any CB, just not worth 8-10 mill.

bigbucks24
04-12-2005, 09:12 PM
I think this deal gets done at least 2 days before the draft for 2 reasons:

1) The Dophins need to clear cap space before the draft in order to participate in the draft.

Why do they need the cap space before the draft? They are currently under the cap including Pat's contract. Are you saying that they need to be under the cap by the amount of the rookie pool just to participte in the draft?

Alphaman
04-13-2005, 05:08 AM
Why do they need the cap space before the draft? They are currently under the cap including Pat's contract. Are you saying that they need to be under the cap by the amount of the rookie pool just to participte in the draft?

Yes, I believe that is the case.

whoman69
04-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Its official. This thread just put Patrick Surtain over Hugh Douglas as the most overhyped subject in the history of Chiefsplanet.

petegz28
04-13-2005, 08:06 AM
Its official. This thread just put Patrick Surtain over Hugh Douglas as the most overhyped subject in the history of Chiefsplanet.
:toast:

UTChief
04-13-2005, 09:05 AM

I was under the impresion that the rookie pool was automaticly figured in to the sallery cap based on what picks we have, rounds 5 and up wont count because they will be small enough we only count the top 40 I think I can't remember exactly.