PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Question for KC Sports Fans...

CoMoChief
04-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Did anyone "not" like Bo Jackson during his tenure for the Royals considering he was the best RB in the game and he played for the Raiders during that same time period?!? Your thoughts...

Mark M
04-12-2005, 12:10 PM
I liked him until he starting playing for Chokeland. It just wasn't right, IMHO.

With that being said, he's by far the most incredible athelete I've ever seen play.

MM
~~:)

HemiEd
04-12-2005, 12:11 PM
I liked him until he starting playing for Chokeland. It just wasn't right, IMHO.

With that being said, he's by far the most incredible athelete I've ever seen play.

MM

Exactly! :thumb:

Soupnazi
04-12-2005, 12:15 PM

MM

Gotta agree with that.

Rain Man
04-12-2005, 12:17 PM
I don't care squat about the Royals or baseball. I am obsessed with football and despise the Raiduhs. This all adds up to some pretty easy math.

eazyb81
04-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Bo was my favorite sports hero as a child, I liked him as a Royal and as a Raider. However, I was young back then and didn't have the hatred for the Raiders like I do now.

ChiefsCountry
04-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Bo was a freak.

By the way on old TECMO super bowl game, you could score at will with Bo.

CosmicPal
04-12-2005, 12:20 PM
There's two plays I remember most about Bo that I'll never forget as long as I live:

The smashing home-run he sent deep into the tarp over the centerfield bleachers during the All-Star game when the announcers were questioning his nomination.

And the throw he made from the warning track to throw out a runner at home plate with a one-hopper. It was against the Mariners, I remember that. I was simply in awe of that throw...He really, really could have been something else had he just stuck with one of the two sports.

The Nike commercial he made was great....

Mark M
04-12-2005, 12:21 PM
And the throw he made from the warning track to throw out a runner at home plate with a one-hopper. It was against the Mariners, I remember that. I was simply in awe of that throw...

IIRC, the ball didn't even one-hop ...

MM
~~:eek:

CosmicPal
04-12-2005, 12:24 PM
IIRC, the ball didn't even one-hop ...

MM
~~:eek:

Oh that's right!!! I remember it clearly now.

Mark M
04-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Oh that's right!!! I remember it clearly now.

ROFL

Actually, I could very well be wrong. You know, kinda like a Bill Brasky legend.

MM
~~:D

Bob Dole
04-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Bo Jackson was one of the most thoroughly entertaining athletes to ever put on a Royals uniform.

Name one other player who could make you smile immediately after watching him strike out.

Phobia
04-12-2005, 12:37 PM
I was never a big Royals fan, but Bo Jackson was an incredible athlete. I was enamored with the guy long before he put on a Raiders uni - even though he beat out my Hawkeye for the Heisman.

Bo Jackson is and could possibly always be the best RB to play the game in my mind. It's gonna take a pretty impressive specimen to knock him off my pedestal.

CosmicPal
04-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Name one other player who could make you smile immediately after watching him strike out.

Any player that wasn't a Royal?

jcroft
04-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Bo was my childhood hero and is still the most amazing athlete I've ever seen play baseball or football, and probably any sport. He could simply do things that were out of this world. The only person I can compare it to in my lifetime is Jordan. I can't think of another athlete who could induce the kind of sheer awe that Bob did, with Michael being the only possible exception (sorry, Tiger).

Woodrow Call
04-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Bo is my favorite player of all-time without him I probably would not have gotten into sports like I did. He was my Mantle, Jordan, etc. From ages 7-10 he was my idol.

At my first Royals game he hit a 2-run homer to beat Boston. Best arm ever in the OF, untapped potential at the plate, and blazing speed. I would have loved to find out what he could have done if he had focused on baseball. He would have been in his prime during the "Brady Anderson can hit 50 HRs" era.

I hold no ill will because he played for the Raiders. If the Raiders drafted me in this years draft I would go and have fun playing football and I think most of us would. His runs were absolutely amazing. I have never seen the combination of power and speed that he had since.

Mark M
04-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Bo Jackson is and could possibly always be the best RB to play the game in my mind. It's gonna take a pretty impressive specimen to knock him off my pedestal.

Jim Brown would probably get my vote. The guy was just as strong (if not stronger) than Bo, had a great knack for finding the seam, and was deceptively fast for someone his size.

Granted, I've only seen films of him running, but every time I just say, "WOW!"

MM
~~:thumb:

SCTrojan
04-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Loved Bo as a Royal. I remember a play where he caught a fly ball over his shoulder, turned, threw and doulbed a guy out at first. All from left field. Greatest single play I've ever seen. He was an incredible talent, so I guess I overlooked him being a Raider. Two different seasons, two different mindsets. And, hey, who wouldn't like a guy totally destroying Boz on the goal line?

DeepSouth
04-12-2005, 01:20 PM
His mom had to shorten his first name to "BO" so he could spell it. His name was originally "BOB".

jcroft
04-12-2005, 01:29 PM
His mom had to shorten his first name to "BO" so he could spell it. His name was originally "BOB".

Maybe if someone made this joke shorter, people would be able to find it funny?

Sure-Oz
04-12-2005, 01:49 PM
I had Bo's shoes, they rocked, he was a badass!

Prince22
04-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Bo was my favorite sports hero as a child, I liked him as a Royal and as a Raider. However, I was young back then and didn't have the hatred for the Raiders like I do now.

What he said.
I had the "Bo Knows" poster in my bedroom.

redhed
04-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Some fav Bo memories:
The throw to nail Harold Reynolds at home plate.
The run where he carried the Boz into the EZ.
^^ both against Seattle teams^^

Anytime he'd strikeout and bust the bat over his leg.

Spott
04-12-2005, 04:00 PM
It was pretty fun getting to boo a stinking Raider at Royals games. That first year or so after he signed with Oakland, he got booed non-stop by the Royals fans. I remember the Royals fans would harass him during warm-ups, batting practice, when he was in the outfield and every time he came to bat.

I kind of felt sorry for the guy, but if he wanted to play football and not get harassed by Chief/Royal fans, he should have played for Tampa.

big nasty kcnut
04-12-2005, 04:32 PM
i loved bo as a royal when he was playing for the faider i didn't pay attention.

Spicy McHaggis
04-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Bo was a freak.

By the way on old TECMO super bowl game, you could score at will with Bo.

Hell you could run all the way to your own goal line, turn around and break 11 tackles going the other direction and score a TD. It was ridiculous.

Bob Dole
04-12-2005, 04:57 PM
It was pretty fun getting to boo a stinking Raider at Royals games. That first year or so after he signed with Oakland, he got booed non-stop by the Royals fans. I remember the Royals fans would harass him during warm-ups, batting practice, when he was in the outfield and every time he came to bat.

The cool part was that he pretty much handled it and laughed it off.

Nzoner
04-12-2005, 05:40 PM
My Bo memories

The first year he came to Arrowhead as a Raider KY 102 had a banner contest and you had to have something about hobby in it based on Bo's comment.

2nd place-Dino Hackett's favorite hobby BO Hunting

1st place-Al Davis' favorite hobby...giving BO JOBS

Other than that I remember the game getting stopped for a short time due to baseballs being thrown on the field.