PDA

View Full Version : Will ChiefsPlanet Survive the 2005 Draft?

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Past drafts have been nutty around here, and posting and lurking have been disrupted by the traffic.

Given the continued growth and popularity of this place, coupled with sluggishness and "outages" that are already showing up already, what's your prediction? :shrug:

Poll Forthcoming.

I'm not predicting a meltdown, but I suspect access will be intermitent and limited for most of the weekend....unless Kyle and Phil have some magic up their sleeves.... :hmmm:

whoman69
04-12-2005, 12:35 PM
I predict anywhere from 75-150 posts from myself on draft day. Not taking any bets on a Chiefsplanet implosion.

Stinger
04-12-2005, 12:38 PM
I predict the server is down by 11:04 a.m. on Selection Saturday. Now if we lock the planet down so just member can post that might move it back a couple of hours, due to all the Surtain watch threads.

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2005, 12:40 PM
... Now if we lock the planet down so just member can post that might move it back a couple of hours, ....

I hope that's in the works, at least. :thumb:

the Talking Can
when we draft Sproles in the first this place literally burst into flames...

ptlyon
I think the O/U on the "WTF is" threads will be 28

CosmicPal
04-12-2005, 12:41 PM
It will crash multiple times.

Geez, even this morning I had trouble getting on a couple of times.

It's time for the Planet to take donations from it's members and non-members. I'll be happy to support any upgrades with a few of Rain Man's monies.

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2005, 12:41 PM
when we draft Sproles in the first this place literally burst into flames...

Hey, we need to groom Dante's heir....

ROFL ROFL ROFL

JimNasium
04-12-2005, 12:42 PM
I predict not only a total implosion of the server but also a total implosion amongst the general membership which will be characterized by at least one car jacking, one self-inflicted gunshot wound and one arrest for drunk and disorderly.

ptlyon
04-12-2005, 12:47 PM
I hope that's in the works, at least. :thumb:

That is already in place. You have to be a member to read the forum.

Mr. Laz
04-12-2005, 12:48 PM
It's time for the Planet to take donations from it's members and non-members. I'll be happy to support any upgrades with a few of Rain Man's monies.

we had like 12 threads and 40 pages about this...

apparently it's NOT a money issue

Mr. Laz
04-12-2005, 12:51 PM
i have purposely not paid as much attention to the nfl draft this year because i won't know as much and therefore won't be as disappointed when the chiefs freak out and draft some dweeb 3 rounds early.

sort of a philfree "ignorance is bliss" method of fanship. :p

i hope it works better for me this draft.

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2005, 01:04 PM
That is already in place. You have to be a member to read the forum.

I've logged on from computers without my cookies....and gotten on as a guest recently.

My understanding was that was a temporary arrangement; now we are back to open access, I think. :hmmm:

jcroft
04-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Given the performance of ChiefsPlanet over the past couple of weeks, I can't imagine any way we'll get though draft day without major downtime, unless something changes between now and then...

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2005, 01:10 PM
Given the performance of ChiefsPlanet over the past couple of weeks, I can't imagine any way we'll get though draft day without major downtime, unless something changes between now and then...

Yup, which is why I posted this....

What's the plan, guys? :)

Mark M
04-12-2005, 01:18 PM
It will implode when Carl trades down out of the first for two 5th round picks, uses the 2nd rounder for a WR, and then gets an athletic safety in the 3rd.

MM
~~ROFL

whoman69
04-12-2005, 01:18 PM
I predict the server is down by 11:04 a.m. on Selection Saturday. Now if we lock the planet down so just member can post that might move it back a couple of hours, due to all the Surtain watch threads.
We definitely need to lock it down to posting members only that day. Phil, you watching?

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2005, 01:49 PM
It will implode when Carl trades down out of the first for two 5th round picks, uses the 2nd rounder for a WR, and then gets an athletic safety in the 3rd.

MM
~~ROFL

Nah, he'll change it up this year....and pick up an athletic "tweener" at LB/DE.....but trade down to do that too.

Calcountry
04-12-2005, 02:52 PM
It will crash multiple times.

Geez, even this morning I had trouble getting on a couple of times.

It's time for the Planet to take donations from it's members and non-members. I'll be happy to support any upgrades with a few of Rain Man's monies.I agree, and will be happy to become a paying participant of the Planet.

Calcountry
04-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Yup, which is why I posted this....

What's the plan, guys? :)You could provide minimal functionality to the non payers. No sigs, and Avatars withoug paying etc.

Mr. Kotter
04-12-2005, 03:09 PM
You could provide minimal functionality to the non payers. No sigs, and Avatars withoug paying etc.

For draft weekend...I'd be okay with that. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
04-18-2005, 11:02 AM
UPDATED Predictions???

Bwana
04-18-2005, 11:16 AM
It will crash harder than Spinks against Tyson. A person will have a better chance of hitting the powerball numbers than getting through after the first round pick.

Dave Lane
04-18-2005, 11:20 AM
What about shutting down CP from 5 min before the Chiefs are on the clock till 1/2 hour after?

Dave

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2005, 12:13 PM
We definitely need to lock it down to posting members only that day. Phil, you watching?

I concur

ENDelt260
04-18-2005, 12:15 PM
one arrest for drunk and disorderly.

That's not really all that different from any of my other Saturdays.

big nasty kcnut
04-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Well i predict i'll get drunk. Taking hostages and calling myself mr. nasty if chiefs planet goes down.

Cntrygal
04-18-2005, 12:47 PM
How can it survive? The search funtion never even made it back to existance. :(

Mr. Kotter
04-18-2005, 12:49 PM
How can it survive? The search funtion never even made it back to existance. :(

They are still workin' on it....and when they "git r done" we'll make the BillzZone look mickey mouse like the OrangeMane or somethin. :harumph:

Heh. ;)

Cntrygal
04-18-2005, 01:01 PM
They are still workin' on it....and when they "git r done" we'll make the BillzZone look mickey mouse like the OrangeMane or somethin. :harumph:

Heh. ;)

Well, maybe.... you'll guys reach the Range status soon. :p

whoman69
04-18-2005, 01:24 PM
It will crash harder than Spinks against Tyson. A person will have a better chance of hitting the powerball numbers than getting through after the first round pick.
I want to know what our chances are exactly, would you say that the odds someone could get thru just after the Chiefs first round pick are greater than say Gochiefs getting some 'tang?

Logical
04-18-2005, 01:38 PM
I want to know what our chances are exactly, would you say that the odds someone could get thru just after the Chiefs first round pick are greater than say Gochiefs getting some 'tang?

:hmmm: Billion to one vs. No chance at all

Logical
04-18-2005, 01:40 PM
What about shutting down CP from 5 min before the Chiefs are on the clock till 1/2 hour after?

DaveThat should definately improve access.;)

Miles
04-18-2005, 02:34 PM

Phobia
04-18-2005, 02:38 PM

Unless? Kyle has promised we'll be working on a new database by Saturday. It's something I've been on him about for a while.

New database by Saturday and a complete revamp of ChiefsPlanet as you know it by the end of Training Camp. You won't even recognize the place.

PastorMikH
04-18-2005, 02:40 PM
I won't be here helping to slow it down, though I am sure the Planet will have numerous "Server Too Busy" Messages displayed. My Great Aunt passed away then end of Feb and was creamated. The family has put off the memorial service until the weekend of the NFL Draft. Hopefully I will find a computer someplace where I can at least see who we are drafting thoughout the day - no point going the whole day without being dissapointed.

Bwana
04-18-2005, 04:13 PM

Yes whoman69, the odds of getting through are greater than gochiefs knocking off some stray from a human female, but about the same odds as getting struck by a meteorite and lightning at the same time. It's doubtful the Planet will survive the impending doom of traffic that Saturday is sure to bring.

Mr. Kotter
04-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Unless? Kyle has promised we'll be working on a new database by Saturday. It's something I've been on him about for a while.

New database by Saturday and a complete revamp of ChiefsPlanet as you know it by the end of Training Camp. You won't even recognize the place.

Thanks for the good news; I must have missed the database by Saturday part before.... :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
04-18-2005, 06:00 PM
I won't be here helping to slow it down, though I am sure the Planet will have numerous "Server Too Busy" Messages displayed. My Great Aunt passed away then end of Feb and was creamated. The family has put off the memorial service until the weekend of the NFL Draft. Hopefully I will find a computer someplace where I can at least see who we are drafting thoughout the day - no point going the whole day without being dissapointed.

Sorry to hear that Pastor....if you are really a glutton for punishment, call go bo, or ask someone for their cell phone number....heh.

PastorMikH
04-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear that Pastor....if you are really a glutton for punishment, call go bo, or ask someone for their cell phone number....heh.

Thanks. Surely someone there has cable and I can kinda keep up a bit after the service.

go bowe
04-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Sorry to hear that Pastor....if you are really a glutton for punishment, call go bo, or ask someone for their cell phone number....heh.hey...

what did i do? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Mr. Kotter
04-18-2005, 09:42 PM
hey...

what did i do? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Nothin'....if he wanted to keep up on the draft, he could call you...since you guys are buds. That's all. :)

go bowe
04-18-2005, 10:33 PM
Nothin'....if he wanted to keep up on the draft, he could call you...since you guys are buds. That's all. :)no...

you said if he wanted to be a glutton for punishment, he should call me...

how did i get to be the instrument of punishment?

and why would a nice minister kind of fella be a glutton?

besides, being a glutton is my job... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

(rob alert: this entire post is said in jest, tic, role-playing-multitasking mode, etc.)

Mr. Kotter
04-18-2005, 10:43 PM
no...

you said if he wanted to be a glutton for punishment, he should call me...

how did i get to be the instrument of punishment?

and why would a nice minister kind of fella be a glutton?

besides, being a glutton is my job... :harumph: :harumph: :harumph:

(rob alert: this entire post is said in jest, tic, role-playing-multitasking mode, etc.)

Heh. :p

My only point is anyone who goes out of his way to find out how bad CP is gonna fugg up THIS draft, is a glutton for punishment. And this place will be full of us on Saturday and Sunday. :banghead:

go bowe
04-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Heh. :p

My only point is anyone who goes out of his way to find out how bad CP is gonna fugg up THIS draft, is a glutton for punishment. And this place will be full of us on Saturday and Sunday. :banghead:*groan*

i know that...

i was being silly, and i even alerted you, and STILL you explained yourself...

*rolls eyes* (oh wait, there's a smilie for that, isn't there?) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: