PDA

View Full Version : TO Takes A Shot At McNabb

Mr. Laz
04-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Report: TO Takes A Shot At McNabb

ESPN is reporting on Tuesday that Terrell Owens took a verbal swipe at Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb for his performance in Super Bowl XXXIX against the New England Patriots.

According to the interview, Owens said he "wasn't the guy who got tired in the Super Bowl," a reference to media reports that claimed McNabb was either ill or tired late in the fourth quarter of the Eagles' 24-21 loss to the Patriots.

McNabb has denied those reports, but several offensive linemen said that McNabb appeared ill and that receiver Freddie Mitchell was forced to call a play in the huddle. Eagles coach Andy Reid also denied that McNabb was ill.

Owens' comment to ESPN will most likely ignite the controversy again, which will not please either McNabb or Reid.

Owens recently switched agents, hiring Drew Rosenhaus and prompting speculation that he wanted to redo the seven-year, $49 million contract he signed with the team last season after being acquired from San Francisco.

Owens neither confirmed nor denied that in his interview with ESPN.

"As always, there is a lot written and (said) without anyone talking to me," Owens said. "I mean, I can't do right and I can't do wrong. It's getting, in some ways, like it was for me in San Francisco. But the one thing that won't change is that I'm going to show up to play and to win. No one can ever (debate) that."

In his first season with the Eagles, Owens caught 77 passes for 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Rain Man
04-12-2005, 12:36 PM
In breaking news, Owens is a jerk. Film at 11.

Soupnazi
04-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Owens has now mastered the art of being an asshole and playing the victim card at the same time.

What a piece of trash.

CosmicPal
04-12-2005, 12:43 PM
I have dreams of TO getting beat to death by a bunch of midget chocolate factory workers.

morphius
04-12-2005, 12:43 PM
LOL! Sure didn't take him long to turn on the guy he was dying to play with.

I wonder how long before he states that Mcnabb is gay.

Frankie
04-12-2005, 12:57 PM
Why is it that BOTH Moss and Owens are not with Oakland Raiders?

BigChiefFan
04-12-2005, 12:57 PM
TO is a head case deluxe. I'm glad we steered clear of him. Great athlete, selfish prick as well.

Hydrae
04-12-2005, 01:18 PM
It's getting, in some ways, like it was for me in San Francisco.

Maybe you should think about what the common denominator is here. :shake:

Wile_E_Coyote
04-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Why is it that BOTH Moss and Owens are not with Oakland Raiders?

Yeah, Moss won't be changing his stripes in Oakland either.

This is one case I would like to see a healthy Ty Law in KC's secondary. TO in a Knight/Law sandwich

LiL stumppy
04-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Owens is a stud.I like him,I like his attitude.Hes a great football player.

jspchief
04-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Yea love his attitude. You have to love a guy that did exactly what he was paid to do, then after signing the contract decided he should be paid more to do it.