View Full Version : Plummer Guarantees Playoffs

Pages : [1] 2

Coach
04-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Plummer: Broncos will return to playoffs
Quarterback excited about off-season upgrades on defense

By Lee Rasizer, Rocky Mountain News
April 13, 2005

It was during the Denver Broncos' free-agent courtship of Courtney Brown that quarterback Jake Plummer first voiced the attitude that apparently permeated the team's locker room during off-season workouts this month.

While considering whether to join the Broncos, Brown said he was tired of the teams he played on failing to make the playoffs.

No worries, Plummer replied, that is not a chief concern for the Broncos.

"We know we're going to get to the playoffs this year," Plummer boldly said Tuesday in retelling the story during an informal sit-down with Denver media. "Now it's a matter of getting past the first round."

Plummer was asked to clarify the statement regarding the postseason.

"Right now, the way the team is going, we've got the same team back," he said, noting the exits of safety Kenoy Kennedy and running back Reuben Droughns were tough but replaceable losses. "But we've got the same core leaders, guys that have been here for many years and some new additions, so we're excited about our prospects. If everything goes right, we definitely should be there."

Among the new players Denver recently added were Brown and three of his other former Cleveland Browns defensive linemates, Gerard Warren, Michael Myers and Ebenezer Ekuban. Denver also persuaded linebackers Ian Gold and Keith Burns to return, further adding to the team's emphasis on defense.

Meanwhile, only tight end Stephen Alexander and running back Ron Dayne were added to the offense.

That apparently is fine with Plummer, who is entering his third season with the Broncos.

The addition of Gold will be "huge," Plummer predicted, and the other defensive reinforcements likely will help lessen the pressure on the offense to score and will allow the group to take over possessions quicker and with better field position.

"I think we're loaded on defense," Plummer said. "And now they're going to make some moves in the draft on offense, which you never don't like as a quarterback."

Denver will have to avoid another lull after a fast start if it is going to come close to fulfilling Plummer's playoff vision.

The Broncos started last season 5-1 but finished 5-5 to finish second in the AFC West.

Plummer threw for 27 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and 4,089 yards, calling it a "successful" individual season.

But it was not enough to keep the Broncos from avoiding a second consecutive road game in the wild-card round against the Indianapolis Colts and a blowout loss at the RCA Dome.

Getting over that hump will "take a team commitment," said Plummer, who got a taste of it this month while working with 72 other players in Denver's strength and conditioning program.

Plummer reiterated his belief he needs to improve and said he already has begun the process by reviewing some basics from last season. He expects to address specifics with coaches during the team's passing camp in May and through training camp.

"Going into my third year, I'm really comfortable with everybody on this team," he said. "Some guys obviously stepped up last year, with (tight end) Jeb (Putzier) and (receiver) Ashley (Lelie). That's exciting. To get a Tatum Bell back there (at running back) and they are going to get more weapons, you have to love the position I'm in.

"I just have to keep working hard."

ON TAP: The NFL schedule will be released today. When it is, do not be surprised if the Broncos have a Thanksgiving game at Dallas.

The team also believes it might receive a couple of prime-time home games because Denver's opponents at Invesco Field at Mile High include Super Bowl finalists New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles, plus the New York Jets and Baltimore Ravens

Cochise
04-13-2005, 10:16 AM
BLAHAhahhahaahaa

...(inhale)

Loaded on defense... loaded with busts maybe...

BWBRRAAHAHAHAHAAA

(cough, wheeze)

BAhraaaaaaaahahaha

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Coach
04-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Wow, I wonder if he somehow has the inside scoop on which team is going to play their 2nd/3rd string team against the Broncos this season to get them a playoff berth?

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:17 AM
BLAHAhahhahaahaa

...(inhale)

BWBRRAAHAHAHAHAAA

(cough, wheeze)

BAhraaaaaaaahahaha

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Once you're finished laughing, I'll bet you a six pack that our defense finishes ranked higher than yours does.

What? Not laughing anymore?

Simplex3
04-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Once you're finished laughing, I'll bet you a six pack that our defense finishes ranked higher than yours does.

Only if we can bet another six pack on whether or not the sun rises in the morning.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 10:18 AM
WAAAhahahahahahahaha!!!

"Which you never don't like......"

Pheer teh Plummer!!

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Only if we can bet another six pack on whether or not the sun rises in the morning.

Well then. It looks like my work here is done...

BLAHAhahhahaahaa

...(inhale)

Chiefs fans... laughing at our defense...

BWBRRAAHAHAHAHAAA

(cough, wheeze)

BAhraaaaaaaahahaha

the Talking Can
04-13-2005, 10:19 AM
awesome....just awesome

Bowser
04-13-2005, 10:20 AM

I'll take that! And I'll counter bet a case that our offense makes yours look like a junior varsity club!

Cochise
04-13-2005, 10:20 AM

Nah, remember, the last time you were taking sixpack bets you denied me so I'll pass.

(BTW smelling better than Raiders don't make you pumpkin pie)

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2005, 10:22 AM
"We know we're going to get to the playoffs this year," Plummer boldly said Tuesday in retelling the story during an informal sit-down with Denver media. "Now it's a matter of getting past the first round."

He's likely right, but that will come back to haunt him if they fall short. :shake:

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:22 AM
I'll take that! And I'll counter bet a case that our offense makes yours look like a junior varsity club!

Are you or aren't you taking the bet. I'm not here to laugh at your offense, so I'll politely refuse your counter. I have respect for your offense, and expect you'll do just fine in that category. You won't catch me disrespecting your offense until our offense does something worth dissing yours over.

So then... Do we have a bet on defense?

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Nah, remember, the last time you were taking sixpack bets you denied me so I'll pass.

(BTW smelling better than Raiders don't make you pumpkin pie)

I figured you would be too big of a pussy to put up. It's easy to laugh -- well, no it isn't, not when you're a chiefs fan -- at another teams defense... It's another thing to back it up.

Thanks for pussing out. I'll take that too.

Taco John

He's likely right, but that will come back to haunt him if they fall short. :shake:

It would have anyway...

carlos3652
I dont know Taco.... last prdiction you had said plummer would be dedicating the Lombardi to his late friend (RIP)... how well did that turn out?

Cochise
04-13-2005, 10:25 AM
I figured you would be too big of a pussy to put up. It's easy to laugh -- well, no it isn't, not when you're a chiefs fan -- at another teams defense... It's another thing to back it up.

Thanks for pussing out. I'll take that too.

You're saying that I'm pussing out after you pussed out last time. Interesting.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Are you or aren't you taking the bet. I'm not here to laugh at your offense, so I'll politely refuse your counter. I have respect for your offense, and expect you'll do just fine in that category. You won't catch me disrespecting your offense until our offense does something worth dissing yours over.

So then... Do we have a bet on defense?

For you to come and proclaim that your defense is better than our defense and want to put a sixer on the line is as silly as me saying "Our offense is better than your offense, and I'm willing to bet a case on it."

I will take the bet as long as you accept my counter.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:26 AM
BLAHAhahhahaahaa

...(inhale)

BWBRRAAHAHAHAHAAA

(cough, wheeze)

BAhraaaaaaaahahaha

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

I can't believe someone would have the balls to post this, only to watch them shoot up into himself at light speed the minute he's challenged to back it up...

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Kick ass! I was hoping they'd advance again...

KCTitus
04-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Having the 'balls' to make a bet that denver's defense is better than KC's defense takes a mighty small set of balls.

That's just ludicrous. Why not actually make a bet that talks to the subject of the thread--like playoffs.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:31 AM
For you to come and proclaim that your defense is better than our defense and want to put a sixer on the line is as silly as me saying "Our offense is better than your offense, and I'm willing to bet a case on it."

I will take the bet as long as you accept my counter.

Actually, I didn't come here and proclaim anything about our defense. I merely responded to the Chiefs fans laughing about it. You see, Chiefs fans have this idea that they can laugh at our defense... But the minute they are challenged on it, they develop a case of vagititis. They typically drop the barrage on our defense and start stammering incoherities about their offense in comparison to ours, as if I came here talking smack about your offense.

Look, if you want to laugh at our defense, but puss out when faced with the fact that our defense is still better than yours, then what in the hell are you laughing at? But don't pretend that I'm in here talking shit about your offense just because you don't have the testicles to back your own smack. I haven't said a word about your offense being inept or even alluded once to the fact that it would stumble this year. Why in the world should I be challenged to bet against it?

BigChiefFan
Guess the Broncos don't even need to suit-up. Their charming personalties will win the games, just ask them.

Cochise
I can't believe someone would have the balls to post this, only to watch them shoot up into himself at light speed the minute he's challenged to back it up...

Why would I bet you when you pussed last time?

Cochise
04-13-2005, 10:33 AM
Actually, I didn't come here and proclaim anything about our defense. I merely responded to the Chiefs fans laughing about it.

I was mostly laughing at the idea that after how many mediocre seasons in a row, Plummer now thinks they are loaded and going to break the trend. Maybe if Elway was making a comeback...

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Having the 'balls' to make a bet that denver's defense is better than KC's defense takes a mighty small set of balls.

That's just ludicrous. Why not actually make a bet that talks to the subject of the thread--like playoffs.

I would figure that the mighty Tightass would agree with my take that it takes a lot of balls for a Chiefs fan to laugh at the Denver defense if they're not willing to stake their own. The fact is, I'm not the one in here laughing at anyone else's chances to go anywhere this year. I'm merely responding to the laughter at our defense. Looks like I shut that noise the **** up.

Now I've got y'all stammering and begging for better odds. At least your not laughing at our defense anymore....

Mission accomplished.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 10:35 AM
I was mostly laughing at the idea that after how many mediocre seasons in a row, Plummer now thinks they are loaded and going to break the trend. Maybe if Elway was making a comeback...
Maybe if the Broncos could land Goonther our D would be the best in the league....right? See the sig.

Saulbadguy
04-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Taco. I'll bet you that the Chiefs end up with a better record than the Broncos. How does a sixer sound?

RINGLEADER
04-13-2005, 10:36 AM
There you go.

No reason to even play the season now.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Why would I bet you when you pussed last time?

Why would you bet? Well, the way you laughed, I figured you'd think you had this in the bag.

And I didn't "puss" out last time. You were a two-freaking week newbie. What in the world would give you the idea that I'd make any bets with a two week newbie?

Quit being such a puss Cochise. You laughed at our defense. I challenged you because I think you're in no position to laugh at our defense... Now you're going to act like a pussy?

Have some balls... If you're going to laugh at our defense, don't turn into a whipped bitch when challenged to back up your laughter with some performance of your own.

Brock
04-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Ha ha. Jake is thier biggest road block to making any noise in the playoffs. Well, that and the Denver Browns defensive line.

KCTitus
I would figure that the mighty Tightass would agree with my take that it takes a lot of balls for a Chiefs fan to laugh at the Denver defense if they're not willing to stake their own. The fact is, I'm not the one in here laughing at anyone else's chances to go anywhere this year. I'm merely responding to the laughter at our defense. Looks like I shut that noise the **** up.

Now I've got y'all stammering and begging for better odds. At least your not laughing at our defense anymore....

Mission accomplished.

Did I laugh at Denver's defense? I submit, like you have on KC's offense, that I didnt say anything about that and wouldnt begin to.

Maybe try actually responding to what I said and keep the rest of the crap to yourself.

I thought your bet was stupid and in typical Teej fashion, you've pulled your pants down, shown your ass and made a fool of yourself--yep, mission accomplished alright.

Bowser
Actually, I didn't come here and proclaim anything about our defense. I merely responded to the Chiefs fans laughing about it. You see, Chiefs fans have this idea that they can laugh at our defense... But the minute they are challenged on it, they develop a case of vagititis. They typically drop the barrage on our defense and start stammering incoherities about their offense in comparison to ours, as if I came here talking smack about your offense.

Look, if you want to laugh at our defense, but puss out when faced with the fact that our defense is still better than yours, then what in the hell are you laughing at? But don't pretend that I'm in here talking shit about your offense just because you don't have the testicles to back your own smack. I haven't said a word about your offense being inept or even alluded once to the fact that it would stumble this year. Why in the world should I be challenged to bet against it?

Let me clarify here -

I have not laughed at your defense. If you see my first post, I am laughing at Plummer for going "Joe Willie" and guaranteeing winning in the playoffs. I find that hillarious. As much as I despise your team, you have had a very good defense. I am envious of your linebacking corp. I have questions of how they are going to handle the transition to the 3-4 while importing all those Cleveland D_Linemen ( ROFL ), but I have never said your defense is worse than ours. Maybe Cochise was, but for me, I'm not ready to proclaim that just yet.

So where's my case of Celebrator, beyotcheses???

Taco John
Taco. I'll bet you that the Chiefs end up with a better record than the Broncos. How does a sixer sound?

Maybe later... Right now I'm taking bets from suckers who think it's appropriate for Chiefs fans to laugh at other people's defense. Once I'm done with this beat down, I'll think about entertaining other bets.

Dartgod
04-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Actually, I didn't come here and proclaim anything about our defense. I merely responded to the Chiefs fans laughing about it. You see, Chiefs fans have this idea that they can laugh at our defense... But the minute they are challenged on it, they develop a case of vagititis.
Hmmmm, I saw only one Chiefs fan laughing at your defense. The rest of us are laughing at Plummer and that pathetic offense of yours. Care to make any wagers on that?

Donger
04-13-2005, 10:39 AM
So, TJ, do you agree with Plummer's claim? Are you willing to state that the Broncos will make the playoffs this year?

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Did I laugh at Denver's defense? I submit, like you have on KC's offense, that I didnt say anything about that and wouldnt begin to.

Then WTF are you talking about? How about this Tightass... How about you STFU? You're getting in the way of Cochise getting embarassed...

LTownChief
04-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Plummer and Ron Dayne will take them there....... :rolleyes:

ROFL ROFL

Saulbadguy
Maybe later... Right now I'm taking bets from suckers who think it's appropriate for Chiefs fans to laugh at other people's defense. Once I'm done with this beat down, I'll think about entertaining other bets.
Maybe later? Do you think the Broncos will sign a legit QB at the last hour?

I don't think the Chiefs defense will finish ahead of the Broncos defense overall, but I think the "gap" will be much closer this year.

ROYC75
Plummer for MVP,MVP,MVP.....

Most Valuable Puss..........

KCTitus
04-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Then WTF are you talking about? How about this Tightass... How about you STFU? You're getting in the way of Cochise getting embarassed...

I dont find it entirely uncommon that you dont have a clue what I wrote as it used words above the 3rd grade level. If you need help with understand those 2 sentences, let me know and I'll help with the big words.

LOL...the 'tightass' stuff is really funny. You learn that one in kindygarten?

jspchief
04-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Since he was laughing at Plummer's comment about the Donkos D being loaded, and Plummer said nothing about KC, I'm not sure how your bet fits, TJ.

I can admit that our D sucks and laugh at the comment that your D is loaded without being hypocritical. A more accurate bet would be whether your D finishes in the top 10 or top 5 like a "loaded" defense should.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:44 AM
BLAHAhahhahaahaa

...(inhale)

BWBRRAAHAHAHAHAAA

(cough, wheeze)

BAhraaaaaaaahahaha

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

OK... lot of backtracking going on here... People trying to sideline the issue I'm here for...

Cochise... Everyone else is backing away from you... They all apparently believe that our defense will finish higher than yours. You were laughing, so I'll give you one last chance to redeem yourself. Do you want to back your smack or would you prefer to retract it?

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Ha ha. Jake is thier biggest road block to making any noise in the playoffs.

I completely agree...

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Maybe later? Do you think the Broncos will sign a legit QB at the last hour?

I don't think the Chiefs defense will finish ahead of the Broncos defense overall, but I think the "gap" will be much closer this year.

Right now the only "gap" I'm seeing is between Cochise's legs.

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 10:47 AM
So by adding a few scrubs to the Donk Dline they suddenly became the 85 Bears. OoooooooK. No need to play at all this year. Just give the Donks the Lombardi in advance and save everyone a lot of time and money.....:rolleyes:

jspchief
OK... lot of backtracking going on here... People trying to sideline the issue I'm here for...

Cochise... Everyone else is backing away from you... They all apparently believe that our defense will finish higher than yours. You were laughing, so I'll give you one last chance to redeem yourself. Do you want to back your smack or would you prefer to retract it?

Your D finishing higher then the Chiefs doesn't neccessarily mean that your D is "loaded".

RaiderH8r
Right now the only "gap" I'm seeing is between Cochise's legs.
And you thought the only gaping holes in KC were on the Queefs, little did you know about Cochise and the sister.

KCTitus
04-13-2005, 10:48 AM
OK... lot of backtracking going on here...

Sorry, you're wrong. Ive not backed from anything Ive said. It's a stupid bet and I said so and you accused me of saying something about denver's defense.

Taco John
So by adding a few scrubs to the Donk Dline they suddenly became the 85 Bears. OoooooooK. No need to play at all this year. Just give the Donks the Lombardi in advance and save everyone a lot of time and money.....:rolleyes:

Personally, I think we've had a better offseason on defense than you guys have... Browns or not...

nmt1

Mission accomplished.

They're not laughing at your defense. They're laughing at the Brown's defense.

RaiderH8r
Your D finishing higher then the Chiefs doesn't neccessarily mean that your D is "loaded".
Yeah, I suppose if finishing higher than the Chiefs was the bar then St. Mary's Catholic School for Girls would have a "loaded" D. But Denver's will be top 10

jspchief
04-13-2005, 10:49 AM
Personally, I think we've had a better offseason on defense than you guys have... Browns or not...
That is funny.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Sorry, you're wrong. Ive not backed from anything Ive said. It's a stupid bet and I said so and you accused me of saying something about denver's defense.

Of course I know it's a stupid bet. A KC fan would have to be a moron to take that bet... Just like they'd have to be a moron to laugh at anyone elses' defense. But guess what? This place is prime moron hunting ground.

I didn't accuse you of anything, Tightass, except for sticking your nose where nodoby wanted it. If you want to take the bet, it's open to you. If not, then shut the hell up. Nobody put a quarter in your stupid ass.

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 10:51 AM

ROFL

Cochise
04-13-2005, 10:52 AM

I never said a word about ours being better than yours. I laughed at (a) them being "loaded" and (b) the playoff guarantee. Neither of those has anything to do with the Chiefs at all. I never mentioned them, you were the one that started comparing yourselves to us.

But, at any rate, you appear quite miffed that I rejected your bet because you pussed out before. I mean no offense. I just don't know why I would bother when you wouldn't offer me the same courtesy.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:53 AM
They're not laughing at your defense. They're laughing at the Brown's defense.

Well, either way I believe that "Browns" defense is going to finish higher than the "Chiefs" defense... So who gets the last laugh?

Donger
04-13-2005, 10:53 AM
So, TJ, do you agree with Plummer's claim? Are you willing to state that the Broncos will make the playoffs this year?

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:54 AM
I never said a word about ours being better than yours. I laughed at (a) them being "loaded" and (b) the playoff guarantee. Neither of those has anything to do with the Chiefs at all. I never mentioned them, you were the one that started comparing yourselves to us.

Ahhhhh... Submission. That works too.

KCTitus
04-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Of course I know it's a stupid bet. A KC fan would have to be a moron to take that bet... Just like they'd have to be a moron to laugh at anyone elses' defense. But guess what? This place is prime moron hunting ground.

I didn't accuse you of anything, Tightass, except for sticking your nose where nodoby wanted it. If you want to take the bet, it's open to you. If not, then shut the hell up. Nobody put a quarter in your stupid ass.

Again, wrong. It really does take a special kind of talent to be so wrong and do it with such a great vocabulary. Im simply amazed at your talents.

I realize Ive gotten the better of you for some reason, and Im pretty sure it wasnt this series of posts if I cant even agree with you without you acting like a spurned girlfriend.

Im sorry I hit you so hard...I'll be gentle next time.

jspchief
04-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Well, either way I believe that "Browns" defense is going to finish higher than the "Chiefs" defense... So who gets the last laugh?

If you place this comment in the same category as "lost his burst...." and "Plummer will be dedicating the Lombardi trophy...", I'll have to consider that bet.

Cochise
04-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Ahhhhh... Submission. That works too.

Well, you offered a bet on something I didn't comment on at all. It's not at all unlike the one Titus proposed about our offense being better than yours. You dismissed that one out of hand on the same grounds. So what's the problem?

Taco John
04-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Again, wrong. It really does take a special kind of talent to be so wrong and do it with such a great vocabulary. Im simply amazed at your talents.

I realize Ive gotten the better of you for some reason, and Im pretty sure it wasnt this series of posts if I cant even agree with you without you acting like a spurned girlfriend.

Im sorry I hit you so hard...I'll be gentle next time.

What does any of this even mean? :rolleyes:

More Tightass blather... Look dude. I find you to be the biggest little bitch I've ever run across online. You're always whining about something, and when you're not doing that, you're thinking about whining about something. It has nothing to do with you getting the better of me in anything. It has everything to do with me wanting to hurl every time I read one of your lil' bitch posts.

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 10:59 AM

Would it surprise you if he did? We are talking about the same guy who stated (on this very board) that the Donks of Denial would get another Lombardi before KC wins another playoff game. Oh, and by the way, Priest was finito, finished, fin according to the same individual in question.

Donger
04-13-2005, 11:00 AM

Taco John
04-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Well, you offered a bet on something I didn't comment on at all. It's not at all unlike the one Titus proposed about our offense being better than yours. You dismissed that one out of hand on the same grounds. So what's the problem?

uh huh... "I wasn't laughing at your defense mister... Honest!"

It's an odd sight to see one lil' bitch being rescued by another.

That's fine. You've backtracked and added your little qualifiers. You readily admit our defensive superiority over yours.

I'm good.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Would it surprise you if he did? We are talking about the same guy who stated (on this very board) that the Donks of Denial would get another Lombardi before KC wins another playoff game. Oh, and by the way, Priest was finito, finished, fin according to the same individual in question.
Far as I can tell the Broncos are on track to win a SB before the Queefs even get a whiff of a playoff win.

KCTitus
04-13-2005, 11:02 AM

More Tightass blather... Look dude. I find you to be the biggest little bitch I've ever run across online. You're always whining about something, and when you're not doing that, you're thinking about whining about something. It has nothing to do with you getting the better of me in anything. It has everything to do with me wanting to hurl every time I read one of your lil' bitch posts.

Again, I apologize for using big words.

Speaking of whining, you're sounding more and more like a 13yo with each post. I appreciate the irony and humor.

Donger
04-13-2005, 11:03 AM

I don't know. If I thought I knew that answer, I'd have not asked.

Taco John

Eh... I don't know yet. It's going to be a tight division this year. I'll be the last one to start up with any playoff smack in April before the draft.

jspchief
So TJ, do you think the Donkos D is "loaded"?

KCTitus
04-13-2005, 11:04 AM

I actually mentioned betting about the playoffs, which still the odds are in your favor, and rather than that you went off crying about this nonsense.

Talk about acting like a little bitch.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Again, I apologize for using big words.

:rolleyes:

This is seriously the best you can do? Oh no... You're not a lil' bitch at all!

Donger
04-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Eh... I don't know yet. It's going to be a tight division this year. I'll be the last one to start up with any playoff smack in April before the draft.

Thank you. So, do you think that Plummer's being rather premature and unrealistically arrogant?

HemiEd

Speaking of blind homerism, that is a stupid ass statement, even for you.

morphius
If I was going to make a bet, which I don't bet on the Chiefs because that would just pass my bad luck onto them, I would bet that the Chiefs D is more improved this year then the Donx D well be...

Taco John
So TJ, do you think the Donkos D is "loaded"?

Moreso than yours.

Dartgod

Ahhhhh, another post where the postee is whining about another poster and his whining posts.

You gotta love these! :thumb:

KCTitus
:rolleyes:

This is seriously the best you can do? Oh no... You're not a lil' bitch at all!

When responding to you, it doesnt take much. You've yet to actually respond to my original post and are all bent about something else.

That's ok, I realize you're upset and will let you vent. Feel better, little buddy?

CHIEF4EVER
Far as I can tell the Broncos are on track to win a SB before the Queefs even get a whiff of a playoff win.

OMG. Faider fans shouldn't be talking smack about a team that has beaten them like little biatches for the last 15 years. Including taking the keys to that crappy dump you call a stadium. SWEEPAGE. ROFL

Taco John
04-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Thank you. So, do you think that Plummer's being rather premature and unrealistically arrogant?

Don't know. Don't care. I'm only interested in seeing what Plummer offers in November and December. It's all just talk until then.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 11:07 AM
OMG. Faider fans shouldn't be talking smack about a team that has beaten them like little biatches for the last 15 years. Including taking the keys to that crappy dump you call a stadium. SWEEPAGE. ROFL
What about Hater (H8r) says to you Fader Fan? So yeah, **** the fade.

Cochise
04-13-2005, 11:07 AM
uh huh... "I wasn't laughing at your defense mister... Honest!"

That's fine. You've backtracked and added your little qualifiers. You readily admit our defensive superiority over yours.

I'm good.

Funny. I laughed at them being supposedly loaded on defense now, after adding a couple of flaming turds to their d-line in the offseason. Anyone with basic reading skills can see that.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Funny. I laughed at them being supposedly loaded on defense now, after adding a couple of flaming turds to their d-line in the offseason. Anyone with basic reading skills can see that.
Speaking of flaming turds, how's the Goonther experiment working for your D?

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 11:10 AM
What about Hater (H8r) says to you Fader Fan? So yeah, **** the fade.

My bad. BTW The Donks suck major azz too. :p

Coach
Ladies and Gentlemen. The reason why the Broncos won't make it to the playoffs is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/contract.gif

Jake Plummer is STILL too busy working on his contract restructuring...

Bowser
Just to summarize -

We laugh at your All-World* Quarterback making predictions of actually WINNING in the playoffs, and TJ comes in here with guns blazing about our defense being worse than the Broncos, and he developes a stiffy for Cochise and Titus along the way for not buying into the statement that the Donks D is loaded. Sound about right?

*And by All-World, I meant it as if the sun rose and set in Denver, and nowhere else.

Brock
04-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen. The reason why the Broncos won't make it to the playoffs is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/contract.gif

Jake Plummer is STILL too busy working on his contract restructuring...

Bwaaahahhhaaaaaaaaa!! ROFL

RaiderH8r
My bad. BTW The Donks suck major azz too. :p
Excellent, now we understand each other. I do expect an apology for this unmitigated attack on my character. Nothing could be more offensive than being considered a Fader fan.

jspchief
Moreso than yours.

Nice dodge. The two topics can be exclusive of each other.

The Chiefs defense can suck, and it has nothing to do with whether or not the Denver Defense is "loaded" or not. No one in here has claimed KC's D is better, you are fabricating that.

Simple fact is, the comment that Denver's D is loaded is laughable IMO. It has nothing to do with how good KC's D is.

Cochise

Sorry, you are going to have to at least beat us once in a season before your smack will be accepted around here.

Taco John

Well, we're more loaded than you guys are on defense. I realize that your defense sucks and that's not saying much. But when a Chiefs fan bothers to laugh at a superior defense FOR ANY REASON, I'll assume it's because they are ready to take the training wheels off and maybe put their money where their mouth is.

The fact is, your defense can't even compete. So whether our defense is "loaded" or not still means that we're better than you.

And yes... We are having a better offseason than you are having. And yes, it will show in the recordbooks to be true: our defense will finish higher than your defense.

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 11:13 AM
As Shitty as Joke Plummet plays he would be better off keeping his mouth shut. If he got paid for performance only he would have to stroke a check to the Cheatin Donks front office every week.

Brock
04-13-2005, 11:14 AM
And yes, it will show in the recordbooks to be true: our defense will finish higher than your defense.

Probably. It will also finish lower than it has the past few years.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Well, we're more loaded than you guys are on defense. I realize that your defense sucks and that's not saying much. But when a Chiefs fan bothers to laugh at a superior defense FOR ANY REASON, I'll assume it's because they are ready to take the training wheels off and maybe put their money where their mouth is.

The fact is, your defense can't even compete. So whether our defense is "loaded" or not still means that we're better than you.

And yes... We are having a better offseason than you are having. And yes, it will show in the recordbooks to be true: our defense will finish higher than your defense.

I wonder what the Atlanta Falcons think of your statement. Heh.

jspchief
04-13-2005, 11:16 AM
Speaking of flaming turds, how's the Goonther experiment working for your D? About as well as the Plummet experiment....oops, there goes another INT.

Taco John
Nice dodge. The two topics can be exclusive of each other.

The Chiefs defense can suck, and it has nothing to do with whether or not the Denver Defense is "loaded" or not. No one in here has claimed KC's D is better, you are fabricating that.

Simple fact is, the comment that Denver's D is loaded is laughable IMO. It has nothing to do with how good KC's D is.

Boy. All this intricate spin and a compliment to me of "nice dodge!" ROFL

I've never seen someone bust through a take like they were flipping through a laser field in a diamond heist while complimenting someone else on their "nice dodging."

Go ahead. Laugh it up Chiefs fan.

CHIEF4EVER
Excellent, now we understand each other. I do expect an apology for this unmitigated attack on my character. Nothing could be more offensive than being considered a Fader fan.

Being considered a Donk fan is just as bad. But I retract the Faider comment.......DONK SCUM!!!!!!!!! ROFL:p

Taco John
About as well as the Plummet experiment....oops, there goes another INT.

You of course know that TrINT was right behind Plummer...

Bowser
04-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Boy. All this intricate spin and a compliment to me of "nice dodge!" ROFL

I've never seen someone bust through a take like they were flipping through a laser field in a diamond heist while complimenting someone else on their "nice dodging."

Go ahead. Laugh it up Chiefs fan.

You got it!

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Absolutely amazing that a Donk fan has the cheek to disparage our D after the way we held them to 17 points while breaking off 45 in their azzez.

Mark M
04-13-2005, 11:19 AM

Good enough to hold Denver to 17 points and the Falcons (a team that ripped Denver a new asshole) to 10.

Granted, they pretty much sucked ass the rest of the year ...

MM
~~:sulk:

KCTitus
04-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Good enough to hold Denver to 17 points and the Falcons (a team that ripped Denver a new asshole) to 10.

Granted, they pretty much sucked ass the rest of the year ...

MM
~~:sulk:

And my theory on that is because KC's defense gets exponentially better when the offense hands it a 14pt lead. In many instances, the offense was about to go up 14 when the receivers fumbled the ball away inside the 5-10 yard line.

When the offense gets up 14, it changes the other teams approach and makes defense easier to play.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Absolutely amazing that a Donk fan has the cheek to disparage our D after the way we held them to 17 points while breaking off 45 in their azzez.

Your defense blows inbred goats and will finish ranked lower than ours will be this year...

Coach
04-13-2005, 11:24 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2401621&postcount=85

For those who missed it.

And another reason defenses are starting to believe that Jake Plummer lacks the toughness to be a good NFL QB.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/hellokitty.jpg

Bowser
04-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Your defense blows inbred goats and will finish ranked lower than ours will be this year...

I can't thank you enough for making predictions like this!

:D

dirk digler
04-13-2005, 11:25 AM

We already know who the better QB is and I think you would admit that Trent is alot better than Plummer.

Trent threw 27 TD's 17 Int and had a passer rating of 95.2

Plummer threw 27 TD's 20 Int and had a passer rating of 84.5

Of course I will admit anyone saying that the Chiefs D at this point is better than the Broncos D is wrong and that is all I will say about that.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 11:26 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Coach again.

Kclee
04-13-2005, 11:26 AM

Eh, I'm no moron but I'll take that bet. It's more of a risk/reward deal. Like putting $10 on the Saints to win the SB. If I lose, no biggie, not really expecting to win and I'm just out a six pack. But if I win..... the humiliation.... and oh how good the six pack will taste.

jspchief
04-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Difference being, TrINT had one 20 INT, while Plummet has made a career of it.

Besides, doesn't this go against your "rules of smack" where a fan isn't allowed to comment on another team if their team is sh*ttier in that area?

Here's a six pack bet for you, big talker. Green has a better year than Plummet. We can go on QB rating, INTs, or TDs. Or we can go a sixer on each.

InChiefsHell
04-13-2005, 11:27 AM
The best member of the Chiefs defense when we play the Broncos is Jake Plummer...

...otherwise, their D is better than ours...

Taco John
04-13-2005, 11:29 AM

Besides, doesn't this go against your "rules of smack" where a fan isn't allowed to comment on another team if their team is sh*ttier in that area?

Here's a six pack bet for you big talker. Green has a better year than Plummet. We can go on QB rating, INTs, or TDs. Or we can go a sixer on each.

That's one I might be willing to consider... Green is a mirage.

Mark M
04-13-2005, 11:30 AM

ROFL

Wow ... just ... wow.

I guess one bad year out of 4 in KC = mirage?

MM
~~:spock:

jspchief
04-13-2005, 11:30 AM
That's one I might be willing to consider... Green is a mirage.Put your money where your mouth is pussy. Otherwise shut the f*ck up.

Green may be a mirage, but it's clear that Plummer sucks.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 11:31 AM
We already know who the better QB is and I think you would admit that Trent is alot better than Plummer.

Of course I will admit anyone saying that the Chiefs D at this point is better than the Broncos D is wrong and that is all I will say about that.

Looking at those stats, someone would have to be huffing glue to say that Trent is "alot" better than Plummer.

RaiderH8r

Here's a six pack bet for you, big talker. Green has a better year than Plummet. We can go on QB rating, INTs, or TDs. Or we can go a sixer on each.
And one went to the playoffs last year and the other was home stroking his Dick 4meal.

dirk digler
ROFL

Wow ... just ... wow.

MM

And he still had a better year than Plummer.

Cochise
when a Chiefs fan bothers to laugh at a superior defense FOR ANY REASON, I'll assume it's because they are ready to take the training wheels off and maybe put their money where their mouth is.

This is all very amusing, trying to slap on me for not taking a bet when you did the very same thing to me.

Bowser

Nice! I would ask you to tee it up just a hair more, but that will do.

We start talking QB's, and I'll jump in with jsp on this bet......

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 11:32 AM

Year after year you keep saying that and year after year he makes you look silly.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Put your money where your mouth is pussy. Otherwise shut the f*ck up.

Green may be a mirage, but it's clear that Plummer sucks.

Actually, it's pretty clear they both suck:

Look at those INTs... That's piss poor for both guys.

Problem is, I'm the loudest critic of Plummer right now on the Mane... I might ruin my rep if I start betting on Plummer this early in the game.

jspchief
Looking at those stats, someone would have to be huffing glue to say that Trent is "alot" better than Plummer.
OK. Lets look at career QB rating. Or career TD to INT ratio. Plummet's only had one year in his entire career that's worthy of comparison to Green.

KCTitus
ROFL

Wow ... just ... wow.

MM

After the Holmes predictionS that were all wrong, nothing suprises me anymore.

Mark M
04-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Problem is, I'm the loudest critic of Plummer right now on the Mane... I might ruin my rep if I start betting on Plummer this early in the game.

Guess you were wrong about him being "nails" then, eh?

MM
~~:)

Bowser
And one went to the playoffs last year and the other was home stroking his Dick 4meal.

Here you go, H8r. Use it as your wallpaper.

Taco John
Year after year you keep saying that and year after year he makes you look silly.

How so? I don't remember Green ever doing anything to make anyone look silly... Did he win a playoff game and I missed it?

He and Plummer finished with near identical seasons this past year.

Taco John

How nice... You sharing your wallpaper from all last offseason. That's a sweet gesture...

Mark M
04-13-2005, 11:35 AM
How so? I don't remember Green ever doing anything to make anyone look silly... Did he win a playoff game and I missed it?

I really wish they'd fix the search feature ...

MM
~~ROFL

Taco John
Guess you were wrong about him being "nails" then, eh?

MM

Indeed. He was nails until November... Not sure what happened, but he wasn't able to sustain what he had going for him in Sept and Oct.

Donger
I see that TJ thinks that Green is a "mirage."

Didn't Green go to the Pro Bowl the year before last? If so, wouldn't any reasonable person say that that proves that he is not?

dirk digler
04-13-2005, 11:36 AM

He and Plummer finished with near identical seasons this past year.

Didn't you lose a bet about which QB would have a better year? I think so.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Indeed. He was nails until November... Not sure what happened, but he wasn't able to sustain what he had going for him in Sept and Oct.

HE'S JAKE PLUMMER!!!

That's what happened!

Taco John
04-13-2005, 11:38 AM

Didn't Green go to the Pro Bowl the year before last? If so, wouldn't any reasonable person say that that proves that he is not?

The year before last? Are you kidding me? What about last year? Don't you want to bank on some consistency here before you start saying someone is legitimate?

Green is a mirage... One that almost fooled me this past year until his true colors started showing again.

Green and Plummer had nearly identical seasons. That should tell you everything you need to know about Green.

Coach
04-13-2005, 11:39 AM
HE'S JAKE PLUMMER!!!

That's what happened!

Yup. See post 104. Or here.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2401664&postcount=104

Cochise
04-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Didn't you lose a bet about which QB would have a better year? I think so.

Well, there would need to be a way to quantify it. TD's? INT's? Rating?

Bowser
04-13-2005, 11:40 AM
The year before last? Are you kidding me? What about last year? Don't you want to bank on some consistency here before you start saying someone is legitimate?

Green is a mirage... One that almost fooled me this year until his true colors started showing again.

Green and Plummer had nearly identical seasons. That should tell you everything you need to know about Green.

Green WAS an alternate last year. Yeah yeah, flame away on being an alternate.

CHIEF4EVER

Don't bring logic into this. You will screw up a perfectly good Taco "fact" that resembles a steaming pile of horseshit.

RaiderH8r
I forget...who were the Chiefs playing that weekend? That's right, celebrating another successful offseason weren't you?

http://www.gimpcity.com/collection/red-neck.jpg

dirk digler

Green is a mirage... One that almost fooled me this past year until his true colors started showing again.

How so? I wonder how Plummer would do if the Broncos best Offensive Player was out half the season. And yet he still had a better season than Plummer.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Green WAS an alternate last year. Yeah yeah, flame away on being an alternate.

I will... But I'm not going to waste a bunch of time on it...

alternate

What kind of a ring does he get for that anyway?

dirk digler
Well, there would need to be a way to quantify it. TD's? INT's? Rating?

I think it was rating but I can't remember.

Taco John
How so? I wonder how Plummer would do if the Broncos best Offensive Player was out half the season. And yet he still had a better season than Plummer.

You mean like losing a hall of fame tight end and a bad-ass running back? Hmmm... I don't know. I wonder how Plummer would do in that instance... :rolleyes:

Bowser
04-13-2005, 11:43 AM
I forget...who were the Chiefs playing that weekend? That's right, celebrating another successful offseason weren't you?

Heh. Nice.

Nah, just sitting back and enjoying the Donks get rode like toilet seats.....

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 11:43 AM

Actually we were watching the Cheatin Donks get bent over and azz raped by the Colts for the second consecutive year.

jspchief
04-13-2005, 11:44 AM
So let me get this straight...

Chiefs fans can't talk sh*t about Denver's D, because the Chiefs D is worse. But Denver fans can talk sh*t about the Chiefs QB, even though their QB is worse?

Merriam-Webster has added a new entry for hypocrite. Congrats on the publicity, TJ.

dirk digler
04-13-2005, 11:45 AM
You mean like losing a hall of fame tight end and a bad-ass running back? Hmmm... I don't know. I wonder how Plummer would do in that instance... :rolleyes:

Damn my memory sucks.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 11:46 AM

Chiefs fans can't talk sh*t about Denver's D, because the Chiefs D is worse. But Denver fans can talk sh*t about the Chiefs QB, even though their QB is worse?

Merriam-Webster has added a new entry for hypocrite. Congrats on the publicity, TJ.

Well, you'd have a point if Plummer and Green's stats from last year weren't so nearly identical. But Green does have the edge for only throwing 17 interceptions...

Mark M
04-13-2005, 11:46 AM
The year before last? Are you kidding me? What about last year?
2001: 3783 yards, 17 TDs, 24 INTs, 71.1 rating
2002: 3690 yards, 26 TDs, 13 INTs, 92.6 rating
2003: 4039 yards, 24 TDs, 12 INTs, 92.6 rating
2004: 4591 yards, 27 TDs, 17 INTs, 95.2 rating

Seems to me that the only mirage was 2001. And he's put up those numbers with a RB that is a TD machine.

Don't you want to bank on some consistency here before you start saying someone is legitimate?
That's never stopped you before ...

MM

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 11:47 AM

I think TJ's position is that the QB issue is up for debate while there is absolutely, positively, iron clad, no f!ckin doubt in any sensible, intelligent mind in the world that the Chiefs D is terrible and is actually used as second team practice squad at local high schools.

Bowser
Well, you'd have a point if Plummer and Green's stats from last year weren't so nearly identical. But Green does have the edge for only throwing 17 interceptions...

I know Trent threw for nearly 4,600 yards. What did Jake throw for?

RaiderH8r
Damn my memory sucks.
Stop drinking the moon shine then. :p

Bowser
04-13-2005, 11:48 AM
I think TJ's position is that the QB issue is up for debate while there is absolutely, positively, iron clad, no f!ckin doubt in any sensible, intelligent mind in the world that the Chiefs D is terrible and is actually used as second team practice squad at local high schools.

Funny, I never thought that was an issue in this thread. TJ wanted to make it an issue, but it never really was.

The issue was your rockheaded QB opening his piehole.

Dartgod
04-13-2005, 11:49 AM
What did Jake throw for?
The opposing team's D-Backs.

bogie
04-13-2005, 11:49 AM

Dude you've made your point. Noone is debating that. Stick to the subject. I'm losing respect for your ability to debate.

Mark M
04-13-2005, 11:50 AM
I think TJ's position is that the QB issue is up for debate
Actually, the only ones who think there is anything to debate are those who rode the short bus to school.

while there is absolutely, positively, iron clad, no f!ckin doubt in any sensible, intelligent mind in the world that the Chiefs D is terrible and is actually used as second team practice squad at local high schools.
Actually, until the season starts, all one can say is that the Chiefs defense has been a second team practice squad at local JUNIOR high schools.

Only time will tell if the players KC has picked up in FA and the draft change that.

MM
~~:shrug:

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 11:50 AM
Funny, I never thought that was an issue in this thread. TJ wanted to make it an issue, but it never really was.

The issue was your rockheaded QB opening his piehole.
I like my rockheaded QB opening his piehole. It makes for interesting thread topic. :thumb:

dirk digler
04-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Stop drinking the moon shine then. :p

Thanks I will try that. :thumb:

BTW TJ IIRC you said that Portis was replacable and that Quentin Griffin was the next Barry Sanders.

We lost a RB that posted 26 TD's the year before so I think there is a huge difference IMO.

Bowser
I like my rockheaded QB opening his piehole. It makes for interesting thread topic. :thumb:

Heh. You'll get no arguement from me!

StcChief
Plummer open mouth...insert foot.

Cut it out put on the locker room wall for later.

dirk digler
04-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Man I can't wait for football season. Hurry up already.

InChiefsHell
04-13-2005, 11:53 AM
I know Trent threw for nearly 4,600 yards. What did Jake throw for?

4089...his first 4000 yard season in his entire career...

...and Taco wants consistency...

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
1997 Arizona Cardinals 10 9 296 157 53.0 2203 7.44 70 15 15 52/291 28 7 73.1
1998 Arizona Cardinals 16 16 547 324 59.2 3737 6.83 57 17 20 49/280 48 6 75.0
1999 Arizona Cardinals 12 11 381 201 52.8 2111 5.54 63 9 24 27/152 21 4 50.8
2000 Arizona Cardinals 14 14 475 270 56.8 2946 6.20 70 13 21 22/151 35 10 66.0
2001 Arizona Cardinals 16 16 525 304 57.9 3653 6.96 68 18 14 29/204 52 11 79.6
2002 Arizona Cardinals 16 16 530 284 53.6 2972 5.61 80 18 20 36/248 29 3 65.7
2003 Denver Broncos 11 11 302 189 62.6 2182 7.23 60 15 7 14/73 26 5 91.2
2004 Denver Broncos 16 16 521 303 58.2 4089 7.85 85 27 20 15/90 55 9 84.5
TOTAL 111 109 3577 2032 56.8 23893 6.68 85 132 141 244/1489 29

Hell, the dude has only had 1 season in 8 that he had a 90+ rating...

...yup. Green is a mirage. He reeeallly sucks... :rolleyes:

jspchief
04-13-2005, 11:54 AM

TJ's position is based in too much time with a bong to his lips.

2004 QB rating:
Trent Green 95.2
Jake Plummer 84.5

Career QB Rating:
Green 87.9
Plummer 73.1

I could go on with TD:INT ratios etc. Trent Green has been better in every aspect of the passing game over the course of the two player's careers, by large margins in many areas. What's to debate?

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Actually, the only ones who think there is anything to debate are those who rode the short bus to school.

Actually, until the season starts, all one can say is that the Chiefs defense has been a second team practice squad at local JUNIOR high schools.

Only time will tell if the players KC has picked up in FA and the draft change that.

MM
Tell me you wouldn't add 3 picks to TrINT's total if it meant you could go to the playoffs......

3 picks for a shot at the show....

Donger
04-13-2005, 11:55 AM

IIRC, since 2001, Green has been very consistent. I think his rating has been around 90 every year since then.

Would you agree that that fact makes him consistently good and, therefore, not a mirage? Or, are you basing your mirage comment on some different criteria? If so, what?

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 11:57 AM
4089...his first 4000 yard season in his entire career...

...and Taco wants consistency...

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
1997 Arizona Cardinals 10 9 296 157 53.0 2203 7.44 70 15 15 52/291 28 7 73.1
1998 Arizona Cardinals 16 16 547 324 59.2 3737 6.83 57 17 20 49/280 48 6 75.0
1999 Arizona Cardinals 12 11 381 201 52.8 2111 5.54 63 9 24 27/152 21 4 50.8
2000 Arizona Cardinals 14 14 475 270 56.8 2946 6.20 70 13 21 22/151 35 10 66.0
2001 Arizona Cardinals 16 16 525 304 57.9 3653 6.96 68 18 14 29/204 52 11 79.6
2002 Arizona Cardinals 16 16 530 284 53.6 2972 5.61 80 18 20 36/248 29 3 65.7
2003 Denver Broncos 11 11 302 189 62.6 2182 7.23 60 15 7 14/73 26 5 91.2
2004 Denver Broncos 16 16 521 303 58.2 4089 7.85 85 27 20 15/90 55 9 84.5
TOTAL 111 109 3577 2032 56.8 23893 6.68 85 132 141 244/1489 29

Hell, the dude has only had 1 season in 8 that he had a 90+ rating...

...yup. Green is a mirage. He reeeallly sucks... :rolleyes:
Tell me playing in Arizona isn't like football purgatory...It's just years off your career.

InChiefsHell
04-13-2005, 11:57 AM
IIRC, since 2001, Green has been very consistent. I think his rating has been around 90 every year since then.

Would you agree that that fact makes him consistently good and, therefore, not a mirage? Or, are you basing your mirage comment on some different criteria? If so, what?

Nah, he's just being a Donk homer and a wanker...I can accept that...

dirk digler
04-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Tell me playing in Arizona isn't like football purgatory...It's just years off your career.

True but it still counts.

InChiefsHell
04-13-2005, 12:01 PM

Well, I guess you can use that as an excuse, but his rating has not been consistent at all in the 2 years at Dungver. I still have yet to see why this guy gives Dungver fans such a boner. I mean, after Griese I guess I understand, but damn...he just finds ways to lose games. Can't say that about Trent. Usually, our defense manages that...

Iowanian
04-13-2005, 12:01 PM
I hope after a crushing sack on the first series, Jared Allen squats and farts through Plummer's facemask as he gasps for air.

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 12:04 PM
Plummet may end up being the instrument responsible for getting Billy Burntee his first INT of his NFL career.

Iowanian
04-13-2005, 12:06 PM
If Denver Only had an Upgrade at QB they'd have a better chance at the playoffs...

Cochise
04-13-2005, 12:06 PM
What I think is funny, is that Green - who as actually performed at a high level most of the time since being a starter, is considered a mirage and Plummer - who has been inconsistent at best - is supposed to be some kind of proven commodity.

InChiefsHell
04-13-2005, 12:08 PM
What I think is funny, is that Green - who as actually performed at a high level most of the time since being a starter, is considered a mirage and Plummer - who has been inconsistent at best - is supposed to be some kind of proven commodity.

It is puzzling indeed...maybe it's the air up there...
:hmmm:

Mark M
04-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Tell me you wouldn't add 3 picks to TrINT's total if it meant you could go to the playoffs......

3 picks for a shot at the show....

Hell, throw in a trip to the Super Bowl and I'd add 20 picks to his total.

The fact is, I honestly believe that Green has a better chance of leading KC to the Super Bowl long, long before Plummer does the same for Denver.

If it wasn't for KC's defense sucking so much ass ...

MM
~~:cuss:

Taco John
04-13-2005, 01:24 PM
TJ's position is based in too much time with a bong to his lips.

2004 QB rating:
Trent Green 95.2
Jake Plummer 84.5

Career QB Rating:
Green 87.9
Plummer 73.1

I could go on with TD:INT ratios etc. Trent Green has been better in every aspect of the passing game over the course of the two player's careers, by large margins in many areas. What's to debate?

None of that changes the fact that TrINT Green and Jake Plummer had nearly identical seasons last year... Your spinning is amusing, but it doesn't change simple facts... :(

Taco John
04-13-2005, 01:26 PM

I guess you want it both ways... Plummer sucked last year, and Green had a near identical season. So either Plummer is almost as good as Green... Or Green is almost as bad as Plummer. Which is it?

Taco John
04-13-2005, 01:27 PM

Where do you get this idea? Who is arguing that Plummer is a proven commodity? Point them out. Let's laugh at them.

Mark M
04-13-2005, 01:28 PM
None of that changes the fact that TrINT Green and Jake Plummer had nearly identical seasons last year... Your spinning is amusing, but it doesn't change simple facts... :(

So last year is the only one that matters?

MM

Taco John
04-13-2005, 01:29 PM
So last year is the only one that matters?

MM

No. This year is. But since this year hasn't been played yet, last year will have to make do.

What have you done for me lately?

Donger
04-13-2005, 01:33 PM
I guess you want it both ways... Plummer sucked last year, and Green had a near identical season. So either Plummer is almost as good as Green... Or Green is almost as bad as Plummer. Which is it?

Has Plummer put up consistently high (90+) comparable ratings as Green has? I honestly don't know.

But, I did notice you dodged my question. Anyone that argues that a QB with consistent ratings of 90+ year after year is "a mirage" is, IMO, simply not being reasonable.

Mark M
04-13-2005, 01:34 PM
No. This year is. But since this year hasn't been played yet, last year will have to make do.

What have you done for me lately?Well, that's understandable.

So on what, exactly, do you base your assertion that Green is just a "mirage?" After all, you brought up his year of a million INTs, but those should not be included since 2004 is all that matters, right?

MM
~~:hmmm:

Donger
04-13-2005, 01:34 PM

Oh, and I'm not trying to "have" anything. You stated that Green is a mirage, and I'm trying to ascertain what criteria you use to reach that conclusion.

Simple stuff.

dirk digler
04-13-2005, 01:35 PM

What have you done for me lately?

Your a sheep.

jspchief
04-13-2005, 01:35 PM

I'll pretend for a moment that the argument was "who was better last year" even though you added (spun) the "last year only" qualifier.

Green was 10 points higher on QB rating. 10 points is pretty significant. You think it was close. I don't see it that way. KC doesn't have rumblings over who their QB is right now.

I don't blame you for wanting to single out one year to determine whether Plummet is good or Green is bad. It certainly helps your argument to cherry-pick.

Maybe you'd like to compare the performance of the two QBs against common opponents last year. You'll get owned there too.

dirk digler
04-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Maybe you'd like to compare the performance of the two QBs against common opponents last year. You'll get owned there too.

Go for it I would love to see it.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 01:39 PM
You want to talk about qualifiers... Who GAF about QB rating? QB ratings are for losers to argue about. Brian Griese is capable of a high qb rating. It doesn't mean anything.

The cold hard fact is that TrINT Green and Jake Plummer had nearly identical seasons last year.

Comparing the previous year's performance is hardly cherry picking. It stands to reason if Plummer is so unbelievably terrible, and Green is so unbelievably awesome, the stats would bear that out.

Two words: They dont.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Oh, and I'm not trying to "have" anything. You stated that Green is a mirage, and I'm trying to ascertain what criteria you use to reach that conclusion.

Simple stuff.

Well, the simple fact that you are all riding his jock like you're in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade despite the fact that he had a near identical year to a quarterback that you criticize as being one of the worst in the league. I think that counts as a mirage.

You'd have something if Trent had maybe three less INTs...

jspchief
04-13-2005, 01:42 PM
You want to talk about qualifiers... Who GAF about QB rating? QB ratings are for losers to argue about. Brian Griese is capable of a high qb rating. It doesn't mean anything.

The cold hard fact is that TrINT Green and Jake Plummer had nearly identical seasons last year.

Comparing the previous year's performance is hardly cherry picking. It stands to reason if Plummer is so unbelievably terrible, and Green is so unbelievably awesome, the stats would bear that out.

What percentage of Denver fans would you guess are happy with Plummer?

Taco John
04-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Well, that's understandable.

So on what, exactly, do you base your assertion that Green is just a "mirage?" After all, you brought up his year of a million INTs, but those should not be included since 2004 is all that matters, right?

MM

Actually, you're having an acid flashback... I didn't bring up Green's 2001 season even once in this thread. I *did* bring up his season last year, when he an Plummer nearly had identical seasons.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 01:45 PM
What percentage of Denver fans would you guess are happy with Plummer?

Don't know. Don't care. I couldn't imagine a worst angle for spin, and yet there you are fishing it up...

Mark M
04-13-2005, 01:45 PM

Actually, picking one season IS cherry picking.

When you talk about great, mediocre, terrible players, do you only consider one year?

If so, Elway is the biggest choke job QB in history. I can prove it by looking at his Super Bowl performance agains the Redskins.

If so, then Priest is the greatest RB in NFL history. I can prove it by looking at the 26 TDs he scored in one season.

Sorry, TJ, but once again you're wrong.

MM
~~:shake:

jspchief
04-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Don't know. Don't care. I couldn't imagine a worst angle for spin, and yet there you are fishing it up...

If Plummer and Green are so comparable, why are so many Denver fans ready to run Plummer out of town?

BigChiefFan
04-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Taco, how wise can it be to defend Plummer? Anybody who follows football knows he's average at best. Take away the bootleg and he chokes under pressure. Comparing Plummer to Green isn't that far off in terms of last year's production, but comparing their careers shows Plummer really is a marginal player. he can be a role-player, but he'll never be able to carry the team.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Actually, picking one season IS cherry picking.

When you talk about great, mediocre, terrible players, do you only consider one year?

If so, Elway is the biggest choke job QB in history. I can prove it by looking at his Super Bowl performance agains the Redskins.

If so, then Priest is the greatest RB in NFL history. I can prove it by looking at the 26 TDs he scored in one season.

Sorry, TJ, but once again you're wrong.

MM

You'd have a point if I was simply picking one season... But I'm not... I'm picking LAST season. IE. The most recent model for performance.

How can I possibly be wrong to judge Green on the season he just had vs. the season Plummer just had?

I'm wrong based on all the intricate spin y'all are trying to lay out? Uhhhh... Ok. You're not changing the facts one iota about the kind of season the Green had last year in comparison to the kind of season Plummer had. But by all means, break out the stuff from when Plummer was playing for the Cardinals if it'll make the spin for Green any more favorable...

Taco John
04-13-2005, 01:50 PM
If Plummer and Green are so comparable, why are so many Denver fans ready to run Plummer out of town?

I think it's because we're smarter than you guys.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Taco, how wise can it be to defend Plummer? Anybody who follows football knows he's average at best. Take away the bootleg and he chokes under pressure. Comparing Plummer to Green isn't that far off in terms of last year's production, but comparing their careers shows Plummer really is a marginal player. he can be a role-player, but he'll never be able to carry the team.

I agree... Just like looking at his career stats shows Green really is a marginal player. he can be a role-player, but he'll never be able to carry the team.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Arguing about who's better, Plummer or Green, is like arguing which Pinto you want to take a trip across the country in...

jspchief
04-13-2005, 01:56 PM
I agree... Just like looking at his career stats shows Green really is a marginal player. he can be a role-player, but he'll never be able to carry the team.
Green's career QB rating probably puts him in the top five of current active QBs...pretty marginal.

Donger
04-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Well, the simple fact that you are all riding his jock like you're in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade despite the fact that he had a near identical year to a quarterback that you criticize as being one of the worst in the league. I think that counts as a mirage.

You'd have something if Trent had maybe three less INTs...

Ermm, I've not said a word about Plummer's ability.

So, are you going to quantify how you reached the conclusion that Green is a mirage or not?

BigChiefFan
04-13-2005, 01:58 PM
I agree... Just like looking at his career stats shows Green really is a marginal player. he can be a role-player, but he'll never be able to carry the team.How can you say Green doesn't carry the team? Have you seen our defense? You might throw out the name Holmes, but his injuries over the past few years shows, that the wheel still turns without him playing. Green is a leader by example. Plummer on the other hand showed what he was made of when he couldn't even take the criticism from his own fans.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Green's career QB rating probably puts him in the top five of current active QBs...pretty marginal.

Again with the QB rating... You're hopeless. Save it for someone who actually thinks QB ratings mean something. I've had Brian Griese as a quarterback. 100+ QB ratings mean absolute dick.

Mark M
04-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Actually, you're having an acid flashback... I didn't bring up Green's 2001 season even once in this thread. I *did* bring up his season last year, when he an Plummer nearly had identical seasons.
You are correct. My bad. :redface:
You'd have a point if I was simply picking one season... But I'm not... I'm picking LAST season. IE. The most recent model for performance.And by all accounts, Green was better. Better TD/INT ratio, more yards, more YPA and YPC, higher rating. He was higher in all categories except defensive support.How can I possibly be wrong to judge Green on the season he just had vs. the season Plummer just had?Because it's not a valid statistical compariosn based on an incomplete sample size. Basing your entire judgement of a player on one year leads to a false judgement. I'm wrong based on all the intricate spin y'all are trying to lay out? Uhhhh... Ok. You're not changing the facts one iota about the kind of season the Green had last year in comparison to the kind of season Plummer had.Actually, you're the one changing the facts. I've proven time and again the Green is a much better player than Plummer. You insist, however, on focusing on one year.
But by all means, break out the stuff from when Plummer was playing for the Cardinals if it'll make the spin for Green any more favorable...Then let's just look at the last two years and tell me who the better QB is.

BTW, you still have yet to define why, exactly, you see Green as a "mirage."

You say that Green is not much better than Plummer.
You say that you are the most vocal critic of Plummer.
If you are critical of Plummer, one could only believe that you don't think he's that good.
If Plummer is not that good, and Green isn't much better, where exactly is the "mirage" of which you type?

MM

Taco John
04-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Ermm, I've not said a word about Plummer's ability.

So, are you going to quantify how you reached the conclusion that Green is a mirage or not?

Already did.

Donger
04-13-2005, 02:01 PM

I not cherry-picking anything.

You are the one who mentioned consistency. I pointed out that Green has consistently had a 90+ rating. That's consistently good, FYI, and IMO proves that he's not "a mirage."

Do you agree or disagree?

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Well, I guess you can use that as an excuse, but his rating has not been consistent at all in the 2 years at Dungver. I still have yet to see why this guy gives Dungver fans such a boner. I mean, after Griese I guess I understand, but damn...he just finds ways to lose games. Can't say that about Trent. Usually, our defense manages that...
I think coming to Denver is like a Lazarus rising from the dead...AZ being death for a football career. At least before Denny Green rolled into town, I expect he'll change their program. But I digress.

Jake's been in Denver 2 years with 2 playoff appearances to show for it. The picks certainly are distressing but Jake's also got playmaker ability to bust one down the field. I really missed that with Griese. Jake can also move...Griese had concrete blocks for feet, I really missed that. I can actually live with some of the picks, that 20 doesn't reflect the tip drill bullshit drops that Hape, Putz, and Q had that landed in opposition hands. Although, the left handed throw out of his own end zone to Monty Beisel should count as 2. But you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the....oh shit, got that stuck in my head again, although I'd ROCK Tooty. I digress...again. I'm still up on the Snake for the mobility, playmaker ability, and he's liked in the locker room, not a flava clown. I also don't think that there's anybody better we could plug in there right now. So there's that to consider too.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 02:02 PM
If Plummer is not that good, and Green isn't much better, where exactly is the "mirage" of which you type?

In the minds of people like you who have never seen a real quarterback in red and yellow and believe this one to be something he's not.

You think Plummer is terrible. You think Green is great. Green had a near identical year to Plummer last year. Now stay with me, because if you squint your eyes just right at this point, you can see that it's just a sand bar...

CoMoChief
04-13-2005, 02:07 PM
27TD's and 20INT's successful?!?! Thats like a couple years ago when someone decided to put Marc Bulger in the Pro Bowl over Hasselbeck when Bulger had 22TDs and 22INTs. How the hell does that happen by the way?

Mark M
04-13-2005, 02:08 PM
In the minds of people like you who have never seen a real quarterback in red and yellow and believe this one to be something he's not.
First of all, per your rules, nothing prior to 2004 counts, so discussing former QBs has no bearing on this discussion. Or did you already forget that.

Secondly, I never said he was great. Better than Plummer, worse than Manning.

You think Plummer is terrible.
Yes, and many facts prove that to be true, so it's not just some random opinion I formed.
You think Green is great.
Nope. Never said that. Good, solid, consistent, but not great.

Green had a near identical year to Plummer last year.
Again, you're simply looking at INT numbers and ignoring everything else, so your comparison is invalid.

Now stay with me, because if you squint your eyes just right at this point, you can see that it's just a sand bar...
Wow ... here I am, actually trying to have a discussion with you in a peaceful, respectful manner, and you resort to being a dick.

Not sure why I'm surprised ...

MM

CoMoChief
04-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Green isnt great, hes good, WAAAAAAAY more consistent than Plummer will ever be in his career. Granted he can scramble, but that may be the ONLY thing he has on Green.

By the way yes Plummer IS terrible.

CoMoChief
04-13-2005, 02:12 PM
You guys better be looking for another QB in the draft. You guys are gonna suck on defense this year with Clevelands players infecting your scheme. Courtney Brown is garbage, kinda like the way Ryan Sims is.

jspchief
04-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Again with the QB rating... You're hopeless. Save it for someone who actually thinks QB ratings mean something. I've had Brian Griese as a quarterback. 100+ QB ratings mean absolute dick.

Oh. You just want to go by the criteria that helps your argument. Brian griese outplayed Plummer last year by the way.

Dartgod
04-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Haha!!

Originally posted by some tard on the Orange Mane
“Absolutely not. QB Rating is ONE THING that I'm going off... There are plenty of others, but some of them are intangible. QB Rating is something that we can put a finger on and use as a reference.”

“Great. Explain to me then how with Putz and Droughns, Jake went from an almost 120 QB rating in November, to an apporximate 60 point drop off in December... The answer sure has nothing to do with Clinton Portis or Shannon Sharpe.”

“I'd be interested in entertaining an argument from someone who can make the case that Jake is *indeed* a strong closer that could be backed up with statistical trends. But his 78.8 quarterback rating in the fourth quarter when the Broncos are within 7 is going to be a serious roadblock of its own for that case....”

“Jake has a tendancy to start strong and finish weak. His drop-off in December all the way through Indy was significant. A 61.5 quarterback rating in the month of December can't easily be blamed on the WR's who helped Jake to a 119.6 rating in November. Especially when we can all clearly see the kinds of mistakes that he was making to bring that rating so low.”

“Any ideas on why Jake went from 119.6 QB rating through November down to 61.5 in December? That's quite a plummet. Any ideas why Jake's QB rating in every big game we've ever played in December or January is a lot closer to that 61.5 than that 119.6? These are the type questions that have me doubtful of Jake, and questioning him as a roadblock to Superbowl success. His stats don't exactly show a guy who is a strong closer.”

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=21928&highlight=rating

“The issue, plain and simple, is that our quarterback, who led the league in interceptions last year, is the current career leader in interceptions... And to boot, he completely collapsed on himself last year in December, dropping from a 120 qb rating to a 60 in the span of a month. And if he repeats this performance, we will enter 2006 with no clear cut quarterback.”

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=562276&highlight=rating#post562276

So QB rating don't mean a thing to you, huh?

Taco John
04-13-2005, 02:27 PM
First of all, per your rules, nothing prior to 2004 counts, so discussing former QBs has no bearing on this discussion. Or did you already forget that.

Actually, that's not what I said, but even still, I don't see how this helps your argument whatsoever. I think we're getting to the point where you are just talking because you like to hear yourself talk.

Again, you're simply looking at INT numbers and ignoring everything else, so your comparison is invalid.

How do you figure? I'm definitely not simply looking at INT numbers and ignoring everything else. These two guys had nearly identical seasons in terms of performance. The best performance rating I know of is touchdowns. You? You have a better performance rating than how often your guy scored? Give it up!

Wow ... here I am, actually trying to have a discussion with you in a peaceful, respectful manner, and you resort to being a dick.

Not sure why I'm surprised ...

Quit being such a sensitive little Titus... You're seriously going to play the sensitive and offended poster over this:

Now stay with me, because if you squint your eyes just right at this point, you can see that it's just a sand bar...

Gee willickers mister! I'm gosh darned sorry that you can't hack a little banter. I'll sure as heck-by be more respectful next time, I swear!

dirk digler
04-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Oh. You just want to go by the criteria that helps your argument. Brian griese outplayed Plummer last year by the way.

Brian played better against us than Plummer did last year. What does that say about Plummer vs the horrible Chiefs D.

Griese

22 34 296 2 0 - W

Plummer
18 29 230 2 2 - W
23 41 292 1 2 - Destroyed

Mark M
04-13-2005, 02:28 PM
Haha!!

Damn ...

http://www.w3bdevil.com/forums/Owned-BadHair.jpg

MM
~~ROFL

Taco John
04-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Haha!!

In terms of measuring a quarterback against another quarterback, they're worthless... In terms of measuring a quarterback against himself, they have meaning, because the quarterback himself is the control.

mlyonsd
04-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Jake must be planning on falling off his couch this season or something. That's the best way I know he could assure the Donks of a playoff spot.

Dartgod
04-13-2005, 02:31 PM
In terms of measuring a quarterback against another quarterback, they're worthless... In terms of measuring a quarterback against himself, they have meaning.
Look out, Auntie Em, it's a TWISTER!!!

http://rst.gsfc.nasa.gov/Sect14/tornado.jpg

jspchief
04-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Haha!!

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 02:33 PM

ROFL

dirk digler
04-13-2005, 02:34 PM

ROFL

TJ busted.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 02:34 PM

Take it how you will. I maintain that comparing Joe Montana's QB rating against Elway's QB rating, against Dan Marino's QB rating is a poor way to determine which was the better quarterback...

However, using their QB ratings, you can generally plot their progress and measure them individually against themselves. I don't find this to be spin whatsoever. Some will disagree... That's fine with me if you do. I'll maintain my position on it though.

It sure doesn't change the fact that Plummer and Green had near identical years last year.

Mark M
04-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Actually, that's not what I said, but even still, I don't see how this helps your argument whatsoever. I think we're getting to the point where you are just talking because you like to hear yourself talk.
Actually, you posted this:

You'd have a point if I was simply picking one season... But I'm not... I'm picking LAST season. IE. The most recent model for performance.
Thus, the "most recent model of performance" should apply to the discussion, should it not? And, if so, I fail to see how any former Chiefs QBs fit into the discussion.

How do you figure? I'm definitely not simply looking at INT numbers and ignoring everything else. These two guys had nearly identical seasons in terms of performance. The best performance rating I know of is touchdowns. You? You have a better performance rating than how often your guy scored? Give it up!
The best, IMHO, way to rate QBs is to look at their entire set of numbers. Sure, TDs and INTs are the easy ones, but completion percentage is also a huge measuring stick, as is YPC (to separate the dink-and-dunkers from true passers).

Quit being such a sensitive little Titus... You're seriously going to play the sensitive and offended poster over this:
Oh, I'm not going home crying or anything. Just had to point out that, as usual, you cannot get in any discussion with someone without throwing out an insult. It speaks volumes about your character.

MM

Donger
04-13-2005, 02:36 PM
In terms of measuring a quarterback against another quarterback, they're worthless... In terms of measuring a quarterback against himself, they have meaning, because the quarterback himself is the control.

How did you reach the conclusion that Green is mirage, again?

Taco John
04-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Oh, I'm not going home crying or anything. Just had to point out that, as usual, you cannot get in any discussion with someone without throwing out an insult. It speaks volumes about your character.

What are you talking about... Which part of this statement did you take personal insult to:

How in the world do you get "throwing out an insult" out of that? You just start losing an argument so you go for the character attack or something? Why in the world are you crying over that?

I don't throw anything back at anybody that they don't throw at me, so I don't know why you're even complaining. But for some reason I've got you inventing personal insults that never happened.

Seriously... What part of this triggered your "I'm offended and need to speak up about it" bone?

Dartgod
04-13-2005, 02:43 PM
I don't find this to be spin whatsoever. Some will disagree... That's fine with me if you do. I'll maintain my position on it though.
Yeah, whatever, Chubby Checker.

Come on baby let's do the twist...

Oh, BTW. Thanks for all the positive rep I'm getting from busting you.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Plummer guarantees a playoff spot, he's 2/2 w/Denver. Gotta say I agree. What do the Chiefs playoff prospects look like? Grim, again.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Yeah, whatever, Chubby Checker.

Come on baby let's do the twist...

Oh, BTW. Thanks for all the positive rep I'm getting from busting you.

That's fine. I don't feel busted, but congrats on all that rep.

I absolutely will give you guys that Green has been more consistent than Plummer. But the fact that he and Plummer finished with near identical seasons last year tells you all you need to know about the quality of that consistency. The guy is much closer to Plummer than he is to Manning to be sure (apparetnly only a mere 3 INTs away). Which is my entire (and by the way, unrefutable) point.

Iowanian
04-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Guarantee?

jake Plummer can't Guarantee that he can get up off the sofa without wearing an emergency Alert Neclace.

I look forward to seeing Plummer's ass bootleg into the path of a KC DE or OLB with speed and enough brains to Maintain the edge. I'll love to see Him catch one of those "Clemons to McNair" shots.

CHIEF4EVER
Plummer guarantees a playoff spot, he's 2/2 w/Denver. Gotta say I agree. What do the Chiefs playoff prospects look like? Grim, again.

I'd say our chances are pretty good....intact offense easily capable of hanging 30 on anyone coupled with an improved D.

Mark M
What are you talking about... Which part of this statement did you take personal insult to:
I'm not sure if you're being obtuse, or just retarded.

You just start losing an argument so you go for the character attack or something?
"Losing" and argument? :spock: Last I checked, no one was keeping score.

I don't throw anything back at anybody that they don't throw at me, so I don't know why you're even complaining.
Once again, you're lucky the search feature ain't working.

They really, really need to fix that.

MM
~~:cuss:

easymobee
04-13-2005, 02:57 PM
The Chiefs were 7-9 last year.

Not a response to any one post on this thread, just something to chew on between all of the Chest thumping going on.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure if you're being obtuse, or just retarded.

No. I'm serious. Which part of that was the personal insult that you took such great offense to? I want to make sure that I don't commit the same error again. Which part of that statement did you find personally offensive?

You're going to question my character, so I want to find out which part of this you found personally offensive:

Iowanian
04-13-2005, 02:58 PM
7-9 last year...........and still beat Denver by 40+

Taco John
04-13-2005, 02:59 PM
The Chiefs were 7-9 last year.

Not a response to any one post on this thread, just something to chew on between all of the Chest thumping going on.

Hey. That record surely had nothing to do with the disappointing play of Green during the first half of the season. It's 100% on the defense... ;)

Taco John
04-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Guarantee?

jake Plummer can't Guarantee that he can get up off the sofa without wearing an emergency Alert Neclace.

I look forward to seeing Plummer's ass bootleg into the path of a KC DE or OLB with speed and enough brains to Maintain the edge. I'll love to see Him catch one of those "Clemons to McNair" shots.

I'd like to see a reindeer with a rocket up it's ass fly over the moon... I think you and I are going to be disappointed in getting our wishes for fantasmical things to materialize.

easymobee
04-13-2005, 03:02 PM
7-9 last year...........and still beat Denver by 40+ Actually 28.

If Denver wold have lost the game at Arrowhead by 1000pts then things would have been the same.

Denver 10-6

KC 7-9

CHIEF4EVER
Hey. That record surely had nothing to do with the disappointing play of Green during the first half of the season. It's 100% on the defense... ;)

Actually, we had the lead in 14 of our 16 games last year going into the 4th quarter.

Mark M
No. I'm serious. Which part of that was the personal insult that you took such great offense to? I want to make sure that I don't commit the same error again. Which part of that statement did you find personally offensive?
Check your PM's ... don't wanna get what is an otherwise great thread sent to the Romper Room.

:thumb: :D

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Kc vs. Denver thread.

MM

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Guarantee?

Jake CAN guarantee that, he's already done it twice. As for your D....see the sig.

Iowanian
04-13-2005, 03:04 PM
I'd like to see a reindeer with a rocket up it's ass fly over the moon... I think you and I are going to be disappointed in getting our wishes for fantasmical things to materialize.

its not like a Said Bartee was going to get an INT too!

I think you bruised my neck meat.

GOSH! You're making me looklikeaniiiiiiiiiiiidiooooot!

Taco John
04-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Check your PM's ... don't wanna get what is an otherwise great thread sent to the Romper Room.

:thumb: :D

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Kc vs. Denver thread.

MM

I'd prefer that if you are going to question my character in public, you either retract or explain yourself in public... Romper room be damned.

I think it was weak of you to even go there...

easymobee
04-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Actually, we had the lead in 14 of our 16 games last year going into the 4th quarter.

7 of those leads went Kaput.

I think Trent Green got sacked by more 3 man rushes in the last minute of games last year than any other QB in NFL history. Surprising considering the O-Line there is great (seriously).

Then there were the INT's in crucial situations (NO, HOU).

I disallow the last game of KC's season, since it was just an exhibition for Dickie V to set a few records ....

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 03:09 PM
7 of those leads went Kaput.

I think Trent Green got sacked by more 3 man rushes in the last minute of games last year than any other QB in NFL history. Surprising considering the O-Line there is great (seriously).

Then there were the INT's in crucial situations (NO, HOU).

I think the point I was trying to make to Teej is that it had EVERYTHING to do with the D. Our secondary ranked 31 out of 32. nuff said.

Mark M
04-13-2005, 03:13 PM
I'd prefer that if you are going to question my character in public, you either retract or explain yourself in public... Romper room be damned.

I think it was weak of you to even go there...

Well, in that case, here is the message I sent.

As most folks who have read my posts for even five minutes can notice, I'm not one to take offense to much, if anything.

Truth is, I wasn't even "offended" at what you posted. I was disapointed. I thought we were having a great, smart and entertaining exchange.

Then you posted this:
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Now stay with me, because if you squint your eyes just right at this point, you can see that it's just a sand bar... <HR SIZE=1>The "now stay with me" is the issue. As you sometimes do, you threw out an insult toward someone with whom you disagree. Of course, there's a good chance I just didn't get your point. Perhaps you could explain what that point was.

You're an amazingly smart guy, TJ, but you do have a tendency to rip on people just because they disagree with you. Which is a shame, because many times your takes are fresh and to the point.

Of course, you also have a tendency to make bullshit predictions, but that's another discussion.

MM
~~:D

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 03:14 PM
I think the point I was trying to make to Teej is that it had EVERYTHING to do with the D. Our secondary ranked 31 out of 32. nuff said.
But 1 year ago all I heard from the queefy faithful was that Goonther was the father, the son, and the holy smokes of D coordinators. And that because G-Rob was gone yous guys were finally going to field a D that didn't stink up the joint. The whole world tried to tell you that a new DC wouldn't fix what ailed your crappy D and the Queefnation replied with a resounding "F#ck you it won't". Here we are, 1 year and a blown postseason later, what do you think of last year's strategy? And why do you think this year's is any better?

Playoffs baby...playoffs.

beer bacon
04-13-2005, 03:15 PM

95 QB rating is marginal* stupid. So is being one of the five or less QBs to EVER have a 90+ QB rating for three years in a row.

*By marginal I mean one of the best ratings in the league and that TJ is being irrational because Green plays for the Chiefs.

HemiEd
04-13-2005, 03:15 PM

TJ, you obviously ignored my first response to this. Could you explain how you came to this conclusion.
Other than the Browns Regects, Denver signed Gold and Burns, correct?
Is not Burns a 13 year over the hill linebacker that is mainly a special teams player?
Ian Gold, Ok. The other signings are training camp filler and NFLE players.
You think that is better than the Chiefs signing of two Pro Bowlers and a respectable Defensive End? You are either really ignorant or blind homer. ROFL

Mark M
04-13-2005, 03:16 PM
But 1 year ago all I heard from the queefy faithful was that Goonther was the father, the son, and the holy smokes of D coordinators. And that because G-Rob was gone yous guys were finally going to field a D that didn't stink up the joint. The whole world tried to tell you that a new DC wouldn't fix what ailed your crappy D and the Queefnation replied with a resounding "F#ck you it won't". Actually, not everyone thought that. I, unfortunately, was one of them.

Damn was I wrong. :banghead:
Here we are, 1 year and a blown postseason later, what do you think of last year's strategy?One word: stup****ingid
And why do you think this year's is any better?
Sammy Knight, Kendrell Bell, Hall, potentially Surtain or Law, and about 9 - 10 draft picks.

MM
~~:arrow:

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 03:18 PM
But 1 year ago all I heard from the queefy faithful was that Goonther was the father, the son, and the holy smokes of D coordinators. And that because G-Rob was gone yous guys were finally going to field a D that didn't stink up the joint. The whole world tried to tell you that a new DC wouldn't fix what ailed your crappy D and the Queefnation replied with a resounding "F#ck you it won't". Here we are, 1 year and a blown postseason later, what do you think of last year's strategy? And why do you think this year's is any better?

Playoffs baby...playoffs.

I believe Gunther is one of the BEST D Coordinators in the league. What's the saying? You can have the best jockey in the world but won't win the Derby on a Jackass? I firmly believe we will have a MUCH improved D this year and it will be not only because of Gun but also better personnel.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Well, in that case, here is the message I sent.

As most folks who have read my posts for even five minutes can notice, I'm not one to take offense to much, if anything.

Truth is, I wasn't even "offended" at what you posted. I was disapointed. I thought we were having a great, smart and entertaining exchange.

Then you posted this:
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Now stay with me, because if you squint your eyes just right at this point, you can see that it's just a sand bar... <HR SIZE=1>The "now stay with me" is the issue. As you sometimes do, you threw out an insult toward someone with whom you disagree. Of course, there's a good chance I just didn't get your point. Perhaps you could explain what that point was.

You're an amazingly smart guy, TJ, but you do have a tendency to rip on people just because they disagree with you. Which is a shame, because many times your takes are fresh and to the point.

Of course, you also have a tendency to make bullshit predictions, but that's another discussion.

MM
~~:D
http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/12596/200.jpg

This might help get the sand out of your vagina. Seriously, you have a case of the Dick 4meal crybaby syndrome.