PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Value Chart

Stinger
04-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Phob et. all mods .... Here is the NFL Draft Value Chart you wanted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/valuechart.jpg

Bowser
04-13-2005, 09:57 AM
I would like to know how they come up with these numbers. Must be the same guys that figure out the QB rating.

JimNasium
04-13-2005, 10:00 AM
Phob et. all mods .... Here is the NFL Draft Value Chart you wanted.

Ya know, that kind of has a ring to it.....Phobette..... :hmmm:

Mr. Laz
04-13-2005, 10:01 AM
why is this a sticky?

KChiefs1
04-13-2005, 10:01 AM
damn...the first pick is worth a lot! :hmmm:

Stinger
04-13-2005, 10:02 AM
why is this a sticky?

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114098

Mr. Laz
04-13-2005, 10:05 AM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114098

cause airforcechiefs wanted it a sticky?

lazarus
~didn't know AFC had that kind of power :wayne: ~

AirForceChief
04-13-2005, 10:10 AM
cause airforcechiefs wanted it a sticky?

lazarus
~didn't know AFC had that kind of power :wayne: ~

Ah, c'mon...I was actually hoping the chart would have a prophylactic effect on all of the "let's trade ridiculous round pick X for round Y" conversation. Or the trade down to X spot for additional picks in 2nd and/or 3rd stuff. Plus, I didn't have the chart so I could make my own ridiculous inane suggestions!!

Amnorix
04-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Actually, that chart is handy for all kinds of draft specualtion. Sticky'ing it seems perfectly logical.

Mr. Laz
04-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Ah, c'mon...I was actually hoping the chart would have a prophylactic effect on all of the "let's trade ridiculous round pick X for round Y" conversation. Or the trade down to X spot for additional picks in 2nd and/or 3rd stuff. Plus, I didn't have the chart so I could make my own ridiculous inane suggestions!!
fine ... slap everyone in the face with reality :harumph:

why didn't you just say post a sticky saying "the chiefs will do nothing EVER again, get used to it!! "

and just be done with it :sulk:

Mr. Laz
04-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Actually, that chart is handy for all kinds of draft specualtion. Sticky'ing it seems perfectly logical.

when i want to hear your logic, i'll slap it outa of ya! %(/

Brock
04-13-2005, 10:26 AM
damn...the first pick is worth a lot! :hmmm:

Funny thing is, nobody wants it.

PastorMikH
04-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Thanks for stickying this! This will be handy over the next week.

BTW, is there anything Laz isn't complaining about lately?

Mr. Laz
04-13-2005, 10:46 AM
:rolleyes: so tell me preach man, what have i been complaining about lately?

i know it's convenient to play the "laz is complaining again" card.

so back it up ... lets see all this complaining that i'm doing

laz
~thinks the pastor is full of it~

Amnorix
04-13-2005, 11:03 AM
when i want to hear your logic, i'll slap it outa of ya! %(/

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Mr. Laz
04-13-2005, 11:07 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL
finally someone with a sense of humor...

laz
~like i really care about a sticky ... just playing around folks~

Phobia
04-13-2005, 11:09 AM
finally someone with a sense of humor...

PMike has a pretty good sense of humor as well. At least, .... he laughs at my stupid crap.

carlos3652
04-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Kansas City Chiefs - 2005 NFL DraftTracker
RD PK(OVR)
1 15(15) - 1050
2 14(46) - 440
3 35(99) - Comp Pick - Non Tradeable
4 15(116) - 62
5 11(147) - 32
5 14(150) - 31
5 26(162) - Carlos Hall
6 13(187) - 17
6 25(199) - 13
7 15(229) - 2
7 24(238) - 1

PastorMikH
04-13-2005, 11:29 AM

laz

It wouldn't be too hard with a search function. I have too much to do today to scroll and search the last weeks posts manualy.

You know Laz, I used to respect you for your football views. But nowadays, your posting really turns me off.

carlos3652
04-13-2005, 11:38 AM
How about trading our 5th's and 1 6th to move into the 109th overall. (1 of the first picks on day 2).

We would have 2 4th's and that 3rd comp pick, so then we can give the 2 for Surtain .

Trade down in the 1st to 25th, pick up a CB and get a 2nd to give to Miami.

Then we would have 25th overall and still have 46th overall.

Leaving us with

(1)25th
(2)46th
(2)57th - to Miami for Surtain
(3)99th
(4)109th
(4)116th
(6)187th
(7)229th
(7)238th

Mr. Laz
04-13-2005, 11:39 AM
But nowadays, your posting really turns me off.
anything specific or just the general brashness of my posts?

just curious

carlos3652
04-13-2005, 11:40 AM
25th will be trading with denver, do they need to move up for anything... or would they ever trade us a draft pick...

Phobia
04-13-2005, 11:41 AM
25th will be trading with denver, do they need to move up for anything... or would they ever trade us a draft pick...

All indications are that Denver wants out of the first round.

PastorMikH
04-13-2005, 11:56 AM
anything specific or just the general brashness of my posts?

just curious

First off, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder, indicated by post #14 here. Another is how you take things, put twists on them, then use them to argue your political views - the Pope/Suicide thread as a case in point. I'm not catholic and I really don't keep up with a lot they do, but I thought that was poor taste to imply that he commited suicide. And, trying to bait and then twists users posts in your arguements - something you attempted to do with me even on some of the posts regarding Terry Shavio.

You asked, I answered. I am through with this subject now. Blast away.

Mr. Laz
04-13-2005, 12:02 PM
First off, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder, indicated by post #14 here. Another is how you take things, put twists on them, then use them to argue your political views - the Pope/Suicide thread as a case in point. I'm not catholic and I really don't keep up with a lot they do, but I thought that was poor taste to imply that he commited suicide. And, trying to bait and then twists users posts in your arguements - something you attempted to do with me even on some of the posts regarding Terry Shavio.

You asked, I answered. I am through with this subject now. Blast away.
no blasting...

i asked, you answered

carlos3652
04-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Found another Candidate.... Green Bay @ 24th. they have 2 2rd picks... 51 and 59, they could move up 9 spots to 15th for their 59th overall.... they would still have a 2nd and a higher 1st... 15th and their 51st. and we would get 24th and 59th.

59th to Miami, keeping our 46th...

Anybody know what Green Bay is thinking....

ct
04-13-2005, 12:15 PM
It's about what I thought. I'm leaning towards KC moving down 5-10 spots in the 1st, and thought we could get a 3rd/2nd out of it, depending how far we go. Moving from 15 to 20 is worth a mid-3rd. Moving from 15-25 is worth a late 2nd.

If Rogers is off the board, this is what I would like to see happen.

Mr. Laz
04-13-2005, 12:17 PM
fyi our 2nd round pick gets us up to 7/8-ish range

carlos3652
04-13-2005, 01:01 PM
fyi our 2nd round pick gets us up to 7/8-ish range

7th if we add a 6th rounder...

PastorMikH
04-13-2005, 05:13 PM
PMike has a pretty good sense of humor as well. At least, .... he laughs at my stupid crap.

Well, I'm not really laughing at your jokes, I'm laughing at you.:)

JOhn
04-13-2005, 07:32 PM
laz

And this is a new theory? :hmmm:

JOhn
04-13-2005, 07:33 PM

With you or at you? :)

PastorMikH
04-13-2005, 08:18 PM
And this is a new theory? :hmmm:

Don't you have some dirty dishes waiting on you???

mcan
04-14-2005, 01:49 AM
I'd much rather have Derrick Johnson on the field with William Bartee the to have Patrick Surtain or Derrick Rogers starting and Fox or some scrub at linebacker. Ideally we get both.

Trade whomever Miami wants from the third round for Surtain.

Trade our second rounder up to pick #7 and grab Derrick Johnson. That is if a team is willing to trade down. We'd be getting a sure-fire probowl corner and about as near of a can't miss prospect at linebacker as there has been in years. These are two major areas of need, and they fit the value of the board perfectly. We should do our darndest to make this happen.

And that would just be day one! Then we could pick up a slew of WRs and DEs with our late picks, and if any of them catch on, WOO HOO!

beer bacon
04-14-2005, 02:40 AM
I'd much rather have Derrick Johnson on the field with William Bartee the to have Patrick Surtain or Derrick Rogers starting and Fox or some scrub at linebacker. Ideally we get both.

Trade whomever Miami wants from the third round for Surtain.

Trade our second rounder up to pick #7 and grab Derrick Johnson. That is if a team is willing to trade down. We'd be getting a sure-fire probowl corner and about as near of a can't miss prospect at linebacker as there has been in years. These are two major areas of need, and they fit the value of the board perfectly. We should do our darndest to make this happen.

And that would just be day one! Then we could pick up a slew of WRs and DEs with our late picks, and if any of them catch on, WOO HOO!

I am still hoping we can find a way to sign Foreman or Simmons in FA. They should both be cheap, and we really really need more depth at LB.

HemiEd
04-14-2005, 07:29 AM
Thanks for stickying this! This will be handy over the next week.

I certainly missed it... :p

Braincase
04-14-2005, 09:10 AM
What do you all say about Denver's scouting and drafting? On a scale of one to ten, if the Chiefs draft at say a 4, then the Broncos are a ?. I think've they've drafted better than we have, although may be slipping of late. If they're a better drafting team with alot of needs, then they'll get their picks. It may be financially advatageous to them as well, with more lower round picks to sign and then see the Chiefs maneuvering to sign a more expensive 1st round pick.

Shear speculation.

Mr. Laz
04-14-2005, 10:53 AM
I certainly missed it... :p
bastige

no cheap shots from the cheap seats!!

ROFL

Brock
04-14-2005, 11:23 AM
What do you all say about Denver's scouting and drafting? On a scale of one to ten, if the Chiefs draft at say a 4, then the Broncos are a ?. I think've they've drafted better than we have, although may be slipping of late. If they're a better drafting team with alot of needs, then they'll get their picks. It may be financially advatageous to them as well, with more lower round picks to sign and then see the Chiefs maneuvering to sign a more expensive 1st round pick.

Shear speculation.

They draft linebackers and safeties well. They draft receivers like shat. That sounds familiar for some reason.

penguinz
04-15-2005, 09:29 AM

laz
You seem to be complainign that people are saying you are complaining.

the Talking Can
04-15-2005, 12:42 PM
pure fantasy, but:

trade down to 20 and pick up Jackson (CB) or Pollack (DE)...the drop is worth 200 points which gets us a 3rd (#78), then use that 3rd to move to the top of the second and get another player like Roth (DE)/Blackstock (LB)/CB etc....

the move up in the 2nd isn't worth a 3rd, but you'd have to pay a premium to get someone to give up a top 4 pick in the 2nd (hence the fantasy aspect of the scenario)..

Mr. Laz
04-15-2005, 01:14 PM
pure fantasy, but:

trade down to 20 and pick up Jackson (CB) or Pollack (DE)...the drop is worth 200 points which gets us a 3rd (#78), then use that 3rd to move to the top of the second and get another player like Roth (DE)/Blackstock (LB)/CB etc....

the move up in the 2nd isn't worth a 3rd, but you'd have to pay a premium to get someone to give up a top 4 pick in the 2nd (hence the fantasy aspect of the scenario)..

so when we move down we get chart value, but when we move up we pay over chart value?

sounds like a carl plan to me :)

Brilliant!!! :thumb:

the Talking Can
04-15-2005, 01:19 PM
so when we move down we get chart value, but when we move up we pay over chart value?

sounds like a carl plan to me :)

Brilliant!!! :thumb:

well, why would someone give up the first pick in the 2nd? Just because of "chart value?"...I'm assuming they would need some inducement, hence the premium price....people move around in the first because of salaries and percieved value, not so much in the 2nd...

Mr. Laz
04-15-2005, 02:41 PM
well, why would someone give up the first pick in the 2nd? Just because of "chart value?"...I'm assuming they would need some inducement, hence the premium price....people move around in the first because of salaries and percieved value, not so much in the 2nd...
then why wouldn't we need a "inducement" to move down.

are trades going by the chart or not?

sound pretty crappy when we get chart value for moving down, but don't pay chart value for moving up.

the Talking Can
04-15-2005, 08:04 PM
then why wouldn't we need a "inducement" to move down.

are trades going by the chart or not?

you could read my post, where I explained the difference...or you could continue to bleed into your panties about my fantasy scenario....christ....

Mr. Laz
04-16-2005, 10:06 AM
you could read my post, where I explained the difference...or you could continue to bleed into your panties about my fantasy scenario....christ....

i read your stupid fantasy, and that was my point, it sucks

you have us getting screwed in trades and we supposed to be happy about it? it's a "fantasy" to get screwed?

you might try a fantasy that actually has us getting the better of the deal for once

Rain Man
04-18-2005, 10:38 AM
i read your stupid fantasy, and that was my point, it sucks

you have us getting screwed in trades and we supposed to be happy about it? it's a "fantasy" to get screwed?

Um....when you put it like that...

Ultra Peanut
04-18-2005, 08:19 PM
I value your sexy chart.

Calcountry
04-23-2005, 03:13 PM
I would like to know how they come up with these numbers. Must be the same guys that figure out the QB rating.Probably Danny Sheridan, of USA Today.

Coach
04-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Well, I'd say that for Derrick Johnson at the 15th was deftinaly a big value.