PDA

View Full Version : Schedules out....record predictions?

ChiefsOne
04-13-2005, 02:20 PM
As every year I am believing 16-0, but probably more like 10-6.

chiefsfolife
04-13-2005, 02:24 PM
honestly...i think we'll go 15-1...its to hard to go undefeated

Pants
04-13-2005, 02:25 PM
I think 11-5 is pretty realistic and would be just super.

Bob Dole
04-13-2005, 02:30 PM
2-14.

The season is over.

CosmicPal
04-13-2005, 02:30 PM
2-14.

The season is over.

It hasn't even started.

ChiefsOne
04-13-2005, 02:32 PM
badbobby
2-14.

The season is over.

Such the optimist or is that the realist in you!?

ChiefsCountry
04-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Odd year - 13-3. :banghead:

Bob Dole
04-13-2005, 02:35 PM
It hasn't even started.

Sure it has. Aren't you reading the original schedule discussion thead?

The NFL is out to get us. We'll be lucky to win 2.

carlos3652
04-13-2005, 02:37 PM
we start the season 2-2 and go 10-6 getting the #6 playoff spot.

CosmicPal
04-13-2005, 02:39 PM

Well, if everything that is opposite is true, and the opposite of tuna salad would be chicken salad- then according to you- the Chiefs will be 14-2

Bob Dole
04-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Well, if everything that is opposite is true, and the opposite of tuna salad would be chicken salad- then according to you- the Chiefs will be 14-2

Now you've done it.

1-15 and the first pick in the 2006 draft.

Hope you're happy now.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 02:51 PM

This is very true. I'll go 11-5. 12-4 if we get some good breaks.

Woodrow Call
04-13-2005, 02:52 PM
It all hinges on getting Surtain and if Warfield misses any games. Until I know that I really can't say.

The worst games seem to be the first 4. If the Chiefs can come out of that stretch 2-2, 3-1, or 4-0 they could go on to big things.

With the current Chiefs roster I would say 7-9 again.
With Surtain, a OLB, and a good 1st Rd selection I say 12-4.

whoman69
04-13-2005, 03:04 PM
N.Y. Jets W
@Oakland W
@Denver L
Philadelphia L
Week 5 BYE
Washington W
@Miami W
@San Diego L
Oakland W
@Buffalo L
@Houston W
New England L
Denver W
@Dallas W
@N.Y. Giants W
San Diego W
Cincinnati W

That's 11-5. All bets are off if we don't get CB help.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-13-2005, 03:15 PM

ROFL

Ok Titus.

Spott
04-13-2005, 03:17 PM
8-8

ChiefsCountry
04-13-2005, 03:18 PM
N.Y. Jets W
@Oakland W
@Denver L
Philadelphia W
Week 5 BYE
Washington W
@Miami L
@San Diego W
Oakland W
@Buffalo L
@Houston W
New England W
Denver W
@Dallas W
@N.Y. Giants W
San Diego W
Cincinnati W

Its simple we never seem to win in Denver or Florida. And at Buffalo always gives us fits. We win out at Arrowhead and roll into the playoffs.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-13-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm going to say 8-8, even with Surtain.

Our defense won't be "fixed" until after next offseason. It's going to take more than one offseason to help this defense, and it's too bad that when we finally do get the defense better, our offense will be back down to earth, unfortunately.

kc rush
04-13-2005, 03:19 PM
I'll be optomistic and say 12-4, but it could just as easily be 9-7. I marked @ Oakland and @ San Diego as wins, but those are probably up for grabs. You never know with Denver.

N.Y. Jets W
@Oakland W
@Denver L
Philadelphia L
Washington W
@Miami W
@San Diego W
Oakland W
@Buffalo L
@Houston W
New England L
Denver W
@Dallas W
@N.Y. Giants W
San Diego W
Cincinnati W

ck_IN
04-13-2005, 03:43 PM
I'd guess 10-6.

It's an odd year, Gun has had a full year to put his concepts in place and to their credit CP and DV have gotten some FA talent. I fully expect another magical mystery draft from DV so I'll count nothing helpwise from that. But it's a fairly soft schedule so 10-6 should be doable. As will a 1st round boot from the playoffs when we finally face a good team.

Now hopefully that doesn't give DV enough of a reason to stay another year!

MGRS13
04-13-2005, 05:19 PM
7-and 9 if we win one we should lose. 6 and 10 if we lose one we should win.

Calcountry
04-13-2005, 06:16 PM
I think 11-5 is pretty realistic and would be just super.No, Super would be 14-5. ;)

Logical
04-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Without Surtain and no significant upgrade at OLB 7-9

N.Y. Jets L
@Oakland L
@Denver L
Philadelphia L
Washington L
@Miami W
@San Diego L
Oakland W
@Buffalo L
@Houston W
New England L
Denver W
@Dallas L
@N.Y. Giants W
San Diego W
Cincinnati W

With Surtain and some sort of upgrade at OLB I see 12-4 as possible

N.Y. Jets W
@Oakland W
@Denver L
Philadelphia W
Washington W
@Miami W
@San Diego L
Oakland W
@Buffalo L
@Houston W
New England L
Denver W
@Dallas W
@N.Y. Giants W
San Diego W
Cincinnati W

Cannibal
04-13-2005, 06:58 PM

It may be an odd year, but what usually happens is that we do well, 13-3 (odd year), then (even year) expectations rise, as does schedule difficulty and then we fall on our face and have a mediocre, to losing record. Then (odd year) the schedule becomes easy again, and we get some breaks and go 13-3 again.

The difference this year, is that we sucked balls last year (as usual in an even year), but we did not get the easy schedule that normally comes with having a sh!tty year. We received one of the most difficult schedules in the league.

Unless we get at least one stud CB and stud LB, (and possibly another servicible CB), we are going to have a sub par season for an odd year IMO.

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Here's my take. Heh....notice I stayed away from 13-3. :p

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2005, 07:18 PM

With Surtain and some sort of upgrade at OLB I see 12-4 as possible

N.Y. Jets W
@Oakland W
@Denver L
Philadelphia W
Washington W
@Miami W
@San Diego L
Oakland W
@Buffalo L
@Houston W
New England L
Denver W
@Dallas W
@N.Y. Giants W
San Diego W
Cincinnati W

HOLY CRAP! Are you sure you are feelin' okay, Jim.... :hmmm:

Pants
04-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Here's my take. Heh....notice I stayed away from 13-3. :p

ROFL

OMFG the Denver socres are funny. Rep.

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2005, 07:25 PM
ROFL

OMFG the Denver socres are funny. Rep.

Hey, a guy can dream can't he....would that be the PERFECT season, short of an undefeated season...or what? Close regular season losses to both NE and Philly, avenged in the post season--after the defense really "gells."

Ahhhhhh, the preseason....heh. :thumb:

Bwana
04-13-2005, 07:26 PM
It depends if we have a CB. To early to thow out a guess for me.

Pants
04-13-2005, 07:35 PM
Hey, a guy can dream can't he....would that be the PERFECT season, short of an undefeated season...or what? Close regular season losses to both NE and Philly, avenged in the post season--after the defense really "gells."

Ahhhhhh, the preseason....heh. :thumb:

Dude, I almost spit out my Cherry Coke when I saw 56-3. When I saw 63-0 - I would have if I had some in mouth. I'm still loling at 63-0.

JOhn
04-13-2005, 07:36 PM
It depends if we have a CB. To early to thow out a guess for me.

Chicken :p

11-5 with a Good CB

9-7 without

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Dude, I almost spit out my Cherry Coke when I saw 56-3. When I saw 63-0 - I would have if I had some in mouth. I'm still loling at 63-0.

I know it's dreamin', but can you imagine the state of the OrangeMane and TJ if that were to happen....it's worth thinkin' about just for the laughs.

ROFL

Ultra Peanut
04-13-2005, 08:15 PM
0-16

big nasty kcnut
04-13-2005, 08:17 PM
12-4 and afc west champ.

chiefs4me
04-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Nothing wrong with 13-3......that's my pick also.:harumph:

Claynus
04-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Here is the OFFICIAL GoChiefs prognostication:

N.Y. Jets W
@Oakland L
@Denver L
Philadelphia L
Washington W
@Miami W
@San Diego L
Oakland W
@Buffalo W
@Houston W
New England L
Denver W
@Dallas W
@N.Y. Giants W
San Diego W
Cincinnati W

6-5 before we reel off five straight and charge into the playoffs!

PastorMikH
04-13-2005, 08:37 PM
From the looks of the schedule, and the thought that we aren't going to make anymore key player aquisitions, we have a really good chance of 1-3 to 0-4 again to start off the season. 8-8 isn't out of the picture either.

We really need a CB and another LB. Get those, and I think we will be good enough to see the playoffs.

bkkcoh
04-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Nothing wrong with 13-3......that's my pick also.:harumph:

Where are the nuthooks, anyone who predicts a 13 - 3 record should be hung up.....

12 - 4 or 14 - 2, never, never, ever say 13 - 3 .... :banghead:

ChiefsCountry
04-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Why does everybody think we will lose to Philadelphia? We always kick the shit out NFC teams that come into Arrowhead.

Claynus
04-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Why does everybody think we will lose to Philadelphia? We always kick the shit out NFC teams that come into Arrowhead.

Yeah, like remember when we beat the Eagles in 2001? Oh wait...we didn't. Or the Giants that year? Oh...wait.

Oh, remember last year? When we beat Carolina? Oh...we didn't.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-13-2005, 09:03 PM

Offense.....check

Defense.....

PastorMikH
04-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Why does everybody think we will lose to Philadelphia? We always kick the out NFC teams that come into Arrowhead.

Maybe because they were good enough to play in the Super Bowl last year.

Personally, with the team we are able to put on the field right now, I'm not sure we can beat the Jets, and they will probably be the easiest of the first 4 games.

Claynus
04-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Maybe because the were good enough to play in the Super Bowl last year.

Personally, with the team we are able to put on the field right now, I'm not sure we can beat the Jets, and they will probably be the easiest of the first 4 games.

I think it will be a real shoot out. Neither team's D is going to be good unless our new players all gel that early. I'll put my money on Priest Holmes and Trent Green outdueling Pennington and Martin.

PastorMikH
04-13-2005, 09:29 PM
I think it will be a real shoot out. Neither team's D is going to be good unless our new players all gel that early. I'll put my money on Priest Holmes and Trent Green outdueling Pennington and Martin.

There are a lot of questions that need to be answered. Will Fuji be able to play? The situation is sounding better with Warfield, but what if he ends up getting the 4 game suspension. If we go into that game with Bell, Mitchell, Caver, and Fox, it will be a long day. If that is the case, Trent and Priest may have to put up 7 points every possesion and get a coin toss in their favor to boot.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-13-2005, 09:32 PM
There are a lot of questions that need to be answered. Will Fuji be able to play? The situation is sounding better with Warfield, but what if he ends up getting the 4 game suspension. If we go into that game with Bell, Mitchell, Caver, and Fox, it will be a long day. If that is the case, Trent and Priest may have to put up 7 points every possesion and get a coin toss in their favor to boot.

Yep.

I don't see why people think if we get Surtain and an OLB, and draft pretty well that our D will be, all the sudden, a non-issue. The majority of this defense is still made up of the pieces of crap that have been on it the last 4 years.

It won't look good until next year. Hopefully the offense still has some gas in the tank.

plbrdude
04-13-2005, 09:54 PM
if the defence can rank near the top ten 12-4
if we're in the bottom half it'll be sub .500 again :banghead:

PastorMikH
04-13-2005, 09:56 PM
if the defense can rank near the top ten 12-4
if we're in the bottom half it'll be sub .500 again :banghead:

If the D can rank near the top 10, we'll sweep the season and win the Superbowl (Provided injuries don't hurt the O). Right now I'd be happy if they can climb above 30.:banghead:

stevieray
04-13-2005, 09:58 PM
It won't look good until next year.

See ya then!

PastorMikH
04-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Yep.

I don't see why people think if we get Surtain and an OLB, and draft pretty well that our D will be, all the sudden, a non-issue. The majority of this defense is still made up of the pieces of crap that have been on it the last 4 years.

It won't look good until next year. Hopefully the offense still has some gas in the tank.

Actually, a CB like Surtain with Warfield on the other side, combined with Knight and either Wesley or Woods with the fire that the Knight signing and having to fight each other for a starting spot would produce a solid backfield. If Fuji is ready to go and either we sign another decent LB (The pickins are really getting slim) or either Maz or Barber are able to play (longshots I know), the LB corps would do. That would leave the 2 weakest spots at DE with Hicks and DT with Sims.

Put that D on the Field and we have a shot at a top 10 D. But right now we can't put that D on the field.

But yes, I think Surtain and another LB could help a lot.

Claynus
04-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Actually, a CB like Surtain with Warfield on the other side, combined with Knight and either Wesley or Woods with the fire that the Knight signing and having to fight each other for a starting spot would produce a solid backfield. If Fuji is ready to go and either we sign another decent LB (The pickins are really getting slim) or either Maz or Barber are able to play (longshots I know), the LB corps would do. That would leave the 2 weakest spots at DE with Hicks and DT with Sims.

Put that D on the Field and we have a shot at a top 10 D. But right now we can't put that D on the field.

But yes, I think Surtain and another LB could help a lot.

I agree with that completely. Our D could be even better if Siavii can give us something at DT and Carlos Hall at DE.

PastorMikH
04-13-2005, 10:06 PM
I agree with that completely. Our D could be even better if Siavii can give us something at DT and Carlos Hall at DE.

Oh great. gochiefs agrees with me. Somebody hit me in the head and put me out of my misery.

:)

The problem with Hall at DE is that, he won't be replacing DV's towell boy (Hicks). If he is in, that means our best DE (Allen) is on the bench.

Claynus
04-13-2005, 10:08 PM
If hell freezes over and we actually do land Surtain, it will be interesting to see how Warfield plays. Teams will be throwing at him alot more.

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Oh great. gochiefs agrees with me. Somebody hit me in the head and put me out of my misery.

You better hope you don't laspe into a "vegatative" state for some reason now.....cause we'll be pulling the plug.

royr17
04-13-2005, 10:09 PM
wE WILL GO 14-2

N.Y. Jets W
@Oakland W
@Denver W
Philadelphia L
Washington W
@Miami W
@San Diego W
Oakland W
@Buffalo W
@Houston W
New England L
Denver W
@Dallas W
@N.Y. Giants W
San Diego W
Cincinnati W

Claynus
04-13-2005, 10:09 PM
The problem with Hall at DE is that, he won't be replacing DV's towell boy (Hicks). If he is in, that means our best DE (Allen) is on the bench.

Hicks didn't play every down last year. I'm expecting Hall to rotate in alot in passing situations.

He's better than Gary Stills or Vonnie Holliday...

PastorMikH
04-13-2005, 10:10 PM
You better hope you don't laspe into a "vegatative" state for some reason now.....cause we'll be pulling the plug.

If I fall into a vegatative state, and am dependant upon you to take care of me, I hope someone does pull the plug for me.

PastorMikH
04-13-2005, 10:12 PM
He's better than Gary Stills or Vonnie Holliday...

The irony of that is, one just got released and the other is burried at the bottom of the depth chart - and the only reason he is here is his special teams play.

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2005, 10:13 PM
If I fall into a vegatative state, and am dependant upon you to take care of me, I hope someone does pull the plug for me.

HEY.... :harumph:

sd4chiefs
04-13-2005, 10:40 PM
I think they will start out at 1-4. They will then turns things around and be at 8-6 when they meet the Chargers on Christmas Eve. If they win their last two games they will make the playoffs. They will then lose on a last second field goal and I will spend Christmas lying in bed curled up in a fetal position wondering when the curse will end. :deevee:

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I think they will start out at 1-4. They will then turns things around and be at 8-6 when they meet the Chargers on Christmas Eve. If they win their last two games they will make the playoffs. They will then lose on a last second field goal and I will spend Christmas lying in bed curled up in a fetal position wondering when the curse will end. :deevee:

That's damn near a bannable offense if anyone reports you to a mod.... :shake:

:banghead:

Ari Chi3fs
04-13-2005, 11:00 PM
'talkin bout... crazy cool medallions.'

Gravedigger
04-13-2005, 11:20 PM
12-4

chiefsfolife
04-14-2005, 12:37 AM

I agree especially ones that are supposed to have elusive QB