PDA

View Full Version : Browncos fans getting a little twitchy?

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
04-13-2005, 02:28 PM
After reading a lot of that blather in the "Plummer Guarantees Playoffs"
thread I can't help but wonder if the writing on the wall is starting to become more visible to the donk fans?

While it's still uncertain if the Chiefs will aquire the talent still needed for those last few spots, it does seem that much progress has been made.

Does the prospect of a 2005 sweep favoring the Chiefs loom large in the collective subconscience of the Dungver faithful?

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 02:29 PM
After reading a lot of that blather in the "Plummer Guarantees Playoffs"
thread I can't help but wonder if the writing on the wall is starting to become more visible to the donk fans?

While it's still uncertain if the Chiefs will aquire the talent still needed for those last few spots, it does seem that much progress has been made.

Does the prospect of a 2005 sweep favoring the Chiefs loom large in the collective subconscience of the Dungver faithful?
In a word....no.

As for your CP sig....Jenna Jamison DOESN'T have fangs and she only sucks half as much as Carl Peterson....don't insult vampires.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 02:30 PM

You. Have. GOT! To. Be. Kidding. Me.

ROFL

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 02:31 PM

ROFL
I guess 10 starters qualifies as "last few spots" in Queefland.

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
04-13-2005, 02:31 PM
seems to me to be very telling.

BigChiefFan
04-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Why haven't the Broncos gone after more offensive help? Alexander is the only player I remember reading about.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 02:33 PM

ROFL

You're right. Kendrell Bell and Sammy Knight are no Gerrard Warren, Ebeneezer Ekuban, and Courtney Brown, to be sure. :shake:

Pants
04-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Why haven't the Broncos gone after more offensive help? Alexander is the only player I remember reading about.

They gut Plummer. What more do you need? He's their version of Scanlon. A one man SB caliber team.

tomahawk kid
04-13-2005, 02:34 PM

They don't need any help.

The Snake will lead the to the promosed land....just like last year.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 02:35 PM
They don't need any help.

The Snake will lead the to the promosed land....just like last year.
Remind me again how the Queefs fared in last year's playoffs?

CosmicPal
04-13-2005, 02:35 PM
You're right. Kendrell Bell and Sammy Knight are no Gerrard Warren, Ebeneezer Ekuban, and Courtney Brown, to be sure. :shake:

No kidding. If you think they were underachievers near sea-level, just wait until they get a whiff of that dry air a mile above sea-level. They'll pass out as soon as they come out of the tunnel.

tomahawk kid
04-13-2005, 02:36 PM

About the same as the Donkeys.

Both watched the SuperBowl from their living rooms.

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
04-13-2005, 02:38 PM
One game less than the violated Browncos.

I know that Colts victory must have hurt, but please understand...

...I loved every minute of it.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 02:39 PM

One of these days, maybe we'll have the title of "Teh Bestest Sixth Seed Evah in the World!".

For those who don't remember, here is a summarization of how the Broncos playoff game went for them. The Broncos are being played by the actor on the left.....

Mile High Mania
Writing on the wall? I don't think KC has done anything too terribly concerning for me or any other Broncos fan to start fearing a KC sweep.

Neither team is at that "dominating badass" level yet. I fully expect each to win the home portion of the series this season.

RaiderH8r
About the same as the Donkeys.

Both watched the SuperBowl from their living rooms.
Hmm...so you're fine not even getting a whiff of the playoffs then? Who needs the playoffs when you've got a 7-9 record to brag about?

Brock
04-13-2005, 02:40 PM

Why? To take some of the sting out of being completely de-pantsed at Indy?

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 02:40 PM
One of these days, maybe we'll have the title of "Teh Bestest Sixth Seed Evah in the World!".

For those who don't remember, here is a summarization of how the Broncos playoff game went for them. The Broncos are being played by the actor on the left.....
That pic just looks like a Queefs fan home life...Is that a double wide trailer and where's the Schlitz?

tomahawk kid
04-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Hmm...so you're fine not even getting a whiff of the playoffs then? Who needs the playoffs when you've got a 7-9 record to brag about?

I'll be satisfied when the Chiefs win a SuperBowl. To me, not making the playoffs is equivalent to losing in the first or second round.

There's no difference.

If making the playoffs is so phenomenal, then the Chiefs should be considered the team of the nineties.

Your arguement is pathetic.

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
04-13-2005, 02:48 PM
That pic just looks like a Queefs fan home life...Is that a double wide trailer and where's the Schlitz?
I believe the Schlitz is in Plummer's pants when he rolls into the RCA Dome.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 02:49 PM

ROFL

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 02:51 PM
I'll be satisfied when the Chiefs win a SuperBowl. To me, not making the playoffs is equivalent to losing in the first or second round.

There's no difference.

If making the playoffs is so phenomenal, then the Chiefs should be considered the team of the nineties.

Your arguement is pathetic.
How many teams that have not made the playoffs won a SB? That's why making the playoffs is IMPORTANT...not phenominal. Phenominal is winning back to back Super Bowls....Have the Chiefs even won TWO Super Bowls? :hmmm: The point is that going to the playoffs gives you a shot. Better to have a shot then to have your thumb up your ass with a 7-9 record wishing you had eked out wins against Houston and New Orleans.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 02:52 PM
No, that's schmutz...and I think I got some stuck in your sister's hair.

tomahawk kid
04-13-2005, 02:52 PM
How many teams that have not made the playoffs won a SB? That's why making the playoffs is IMPORTANT...not phenominal. Phenominal is winning back to back Super Bowls....Have the Chiefs even won TWO Super Bowls? :hmmm: The point is that going to the playoffs gives you a shot. Better to have a shot then to have your thumb up your ass with a 7-9 record wishing you had eked out wins against Houston and New Orleans.

But if you LOSE in the playoffs, its the same as not making the playoffs.

Your a f#cking loser either way. Same - Same.

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 02:55 PM
What offensively did Denver need to bring in? They should be fine with Bell... I've stopped questioning their ability to plug in any guy at RB. Recievers... should be fine, although they need a #3 to step up. TE - I'm not as sold on Putz as everyone else, but they signed the TE coach from SD, so maybe he can give Putz some of what he gave Gates last year.

The line should be fine... Plummer will piss me off with INTs, but he should be fine.

Question has been and continues to be defensive pressure... can the Cleveland spares step up? Who knows. Is Pryce really healthy? I dunno.

Can Herndon play healthy and be the starter opposite Bailey they think he can be? Dunno.

The LBs rock, no worries there.

KC still has secondary issues... have they done enough to patch the defense from 2004? I dunno. Is Priest healthy and if not, can LJ be that every down player that he showed he could be last year?

Is Morton still swiping money from Carl?

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
04-13-2005, 02:57 PM
How many teams that have not made the playoffs won a SB? That's why making the playoffs is IMPORTANT...not phenominal. Phenominal is winning back to back Super Bowls ....Have the Chiefs even won TWO Super Bowls? :hmmm: The point is that going to the playoffs gives you a shot. Better to have a shot then to have your thumb up your ass with a 7-9 record wishing you had eked out wins against Houston and New Orleans.
I'm hoping that the words in bold are karmaic.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 02:58 PM
But if you LOSE in the playoffs, its the same as not making the playoffs.

Your a f#cking loser either way. Same - Same.
Is that the tune you were singing after week 17? Because I'm pretty sure you would have liked to have had a reason to watch NFL football the next week.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Is Morton still swiping money from Carl?

Only until June 1. ;)

morphius
04-13-2005, 03:01 PM
When it comes to the last 2 Donkey playoff showings, I think I would rather be at home. It would be one thing if you were at least competitive there, but in both the Donx proved they didn't belong.

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
04-13-2005, 03:02 PM
No, that's schmutz...and I think I got some stuck in your sister's hair.
This is weak sauce

But then I guess that's to be expected when it comes from a Browncos fan.

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 03:03 PM
I think 2005 is going to be a fun season... damn tough, but fun.

None of the AFCW teams (as they appear today) are winning a damn Super Bowl in 2005. It will be interesting to see how the draft, future FA pickups and injuries play their role through the season.

I'm glad the schedule is out ... it feels like football season again.

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 03:04 PM
When it comes to the last 2 Donkey playoff showings, I think I would rather be at home. It would be one thing if you were at least competitive there, but in both the Donx proved they didn't belong.

Sure, and if roles were reversed ... we'd each be signing different tunes.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 03:05 PM
I think 2005 is going to be a fun season... damn tough, but fun.

None of the AFCW teams (as they appear today) are winning a damn Super Bowl in 2005. It will be interesting to see how the draft, future FA pickups and injuries play their role through the season.

I'm glad the schedule is out ... it feels like football season again.

Just makes me wish the games were THIS weekend, not five months from now........

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 03:05 PM
And you were home for the last one. And 1 and done after heading in with the vaunted 13-3 record. How's that pill to swallow?

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2005, 03:06 PM
I wonder how much offensive talent the chefs will be able to draft in the first few rounds of the upcoming draft. You know King Carl ain't wasting no picks on defense...

Bowser
04-13-2005, 03:07 PM
And you were home for the last one. And 1 and done after heading in with the vaunted 13-3 record. How's that pill to swallow?

Honestly, it's tough. Just as tough as if our defense would forget to touch a downed Marvin Harrison.

jspchief
04-13-2005, 03:08 PM
I wonder how much offensive talent the chefs will be able to draft in the first few rounds of the upcoming draft. You know King Carl ain't wasting no picks on defense...

What an educated comment....:rolleyes:

The short bus stopped for gas, one of their retards escaped, and now he's hiding at Chiefs planet.

Your teachers at the Mange School of Special Children will be worried Tombstone.

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 03:08 PM
KC needs to find that elite receiver at some point... wonder what the draft will have for them. Denver also needs to consider drafting another top guy, as Rod doesn't have too much time left and it takes time to become a starter.

Lelie should be fine... but, I'm not sold he'll ever be a #1. I hope the two rookies from last year step it up this season. I think Watts could be huge...

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Honestly, it's tough. Just as tough as if our defense would forget to touch a downed Marvin Harrison.
Yeah, it would have been nice to have Lynch bust his f!cking skull in two, but those are the breaks.

jspchief
04-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Yeah, it would have been nice to have Lynch bust his f!cking skull in two, but those are the breaks. He must not have had the right angle to spear him.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 03:11 PM
KC needs to find that elite receiver at some point... wonder what the draft will have for them. Denver also needs to consider drafting another top guy, as Rod doesn't have too much time left and it takes time to become a starter.

Lelie should be fine... but, I'm not sold he'll ever be a #1. I hope the two rookies from last year step it up this season. I think Watts could be huge...

Easy now! TJ sees you talking that way about LeeLee, and he'll revoke your Mange privileges.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 03:12 PM
He must not have had the right angle to spear him.
Lynch gets 15 yds for farting while upwind of an official. Boo f!cking hoo. The NFL is pussified. Receivers are crybaby bitches. Easy Ed took licks that would have gotten people tossed and suspended by today's standards. Ed got up and played tough, what's the excuse for the rest of these overpaid prima donnas?

Bowser
04-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Lynch gets 15 yds for farting while upwind of an official. Boo f!cking hoo. The NFL is pussified. Receivers are crybaby bitches. Easy Ed took licks that would have gotten people tossed and suspended by today's standards. Ed got up and played tough, what's the excuse for the rest of these overpaid prima donnas?

I will agree that Ed was a tough sumbitch, but seriously, that dude was king of the drama queens. He'd cry like a newborn looking for a tit every time a defender was within 10 yards of him.......

Calcountry
04-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Remind me again how the Queefs fared in last year's playoffs?You really need to be mindfull of the living force my young padowan, last year is in the past.

Be mindful of WHERE YOU'RE AT BITCH!

shaneo69
04-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Is that the tune you were singing after week 17? Because I'm pretty sure you would have liked to have had a reason to watch NFL football the next week.

I had a very good reason to follow NFL football after week 17. Watching Denver get their ass handed to them at Indy was one of those Mastercard Priceless moments. And to think that Denver lost how many spots in the draft order for the privilege of getting spanked made it that much more special.

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2005, 03:16 PM
What an educated comment....:rolleyes:

The short bus stopped for gas, one of their retards escaped, and now he's hiding at Chiefs planet.

Your teachers at the Mange School of Special Children will be worried Tombstone.

Me like pwaying here. lotsof futbal nawlidge here. :thumb:

Calcountry
04-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Hmm...so you're fine not even getting a whiff of the playoffs then? Who needs the playoffs when you've got a 7-9 record to brag about?It must be even more embarrasing to have that 7-9 team completely bitch slap you when you needed a win to secure your posture in the playoffs.

Calcountry
04-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Who let the trolls out?

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 03:20 PM
I will agree that Ed was a tough sumbitch, but seriously, that dude was king of the drama queens. He'd cry like a newborn looking for a tit every time a defender was within 10 yards of him.......

Yeah, but that SOB rarely dropped a pass... never feared going over the middle ... and rarely dropped the ball after getting crushed by a DB.

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2005, 03:21 PM
It must be even more embarrasing to have that 7-9 team completely bitch slap you when you needed a win to secure your posture in the playoffs.

Its even worse getting bitch slapped at home in the playoffs, with home field advantage. But, that is kinda the norm in KC.

Calcountry
04-13-2005, 03:21 PM

Lelie should be fine... but, I'm not sold he'll ever be a #1. I hope the two rookies from last year step it up this season. I think Watts could be huge...Yeah, and at some point, Denver needs that elite QB to replace Elway too.

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Yeah, and at some point, Denver needs that elite QB to replace Elway too.

Try harder...

You don't need an "elite" QB to win a SB... Indy hasn't won one yet. Marino, Kelly, Tarkenton, Fouts... many others never did.

I was making the point about KC needing that top receiver, b/c if they let Morton go... who's stepping up? Eddie showed more consistency last year than he ever had, but will he do it again? Plus, he's 31 ... 32 right?

Calcountry
04-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Try harder...

You don't need an "elite" QB to win a SB... Indy hasn't won one yet. Marino, Kelly, Tarkenton, Fouts... many others never did.

I was making the point about KC needing that top receiver, b/c if they let Morton go... who's stepping up? Eddie showed more consistency last year than he ever had, but will he do it again? Plus, he's 31 ... 32 right?Bo will make a big comeback. :p

I see your point, but we have a skinflint for an owner dude.

Bosko
04-13-2005, 03:29 PM

You guys act like we traded D-lines with the Browns. The basic differences from our 2004 D are Trevor Pryce, Ian Gold, Courtney Brown, Gerrard Warren, Ebenezer Ekuban, & Michael Myers instead of Kenoy Kennedy, Reggie Heyward, and Kelly Herndon. Which would you rather have--the present six, or the departed three? How about this, would you rather have the 4th ranked Denver defense or the 31st ranked Kansas City defense to try and improve upon?

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Bo will make a big comeback. :p

I see your point, but we have a skinflint for an owner dude.

Ha! The one offense in the AFCW that truly scares me ... the Raiders. if Jordan is the every down back that most think he can be, they'll have an offense that can give any defense fits.

Most of their games might total 70 points and they'll struggle to win 8 games, but damn... they will likely be an explosive bunch, similar to the Vikings' years for Moss. Funny how that happens.... overload offense at the risk of your defense.

The Raiders could create lots of issues in the AFCW... I see them as 3rd or 4th overall, depending on how the KC and Denver defenses step up.

I'm not sold on ANY one team in the AFCW at this point to win the division... I do think that the Raiders are the least likely to win it, but it will be close.

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Ha! The one offense in the AFCW that truly scares me ... the Raiders. if Jordan is the every down back that most think he can be, they'll have an offense that can give any defense fits.

Most of their games might total 70 points and they'll struggle to win 8 games, but damn... they will likely be an explosive bunch, similar to the Vikings' years for Moss. Funny how that happens.... overload offense at the risk of your defense.

The Raiders could create lots of issues in the AFCW... I see them as 3rd or 4th overall, depending on how the KC and Denver defenses step up.

I'm not sold on ANY one team in the AFCW at this point to win the division... I do think that the Raiders are the least likely to win it, but it will be close.

Sandy Eggo is the clear favorite right now. The reason we aren't talking about them is well, because, we aren't used to talking about them.

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 03:32 PM
You guys act like we traded D-lines with the Browns. The basic differences from our 2004 D are Trevor Pryce, Ian Gold, Courtney Brown, Gerrard Warren, Ebenezer Ekuban, & Michael Myers instead of Kenoy Kennedy, Reggie Heyward, and Kelly Herndon. Which would you rather have--the present six, or the departed three? How about this, would you rather have the 4th ranked Denver defense or the 31st ranked Kansas City defense to try and improve upon?

The thing that folks overlook is that only Brown and Warren figure to be starters... the others are depth/rotational guys.

I didn't like the loss of Kenoy,but I think Nick can step up.

I honestly don't know what position I'd like to see selected at #25.... CB scares me b/c Shanahan just can't pick a damn CB from the draft to save his life. I certainly don't want that Fabian kid... too small and he's from the Big 12 with no major skins on the wall.

Taco John
04-13-2005, 03:34 PM

Personally, I like Fergy better, especially if Lynch is going to be on the other side.

morphius
Sure, and if roles were reversed ... we'd each be signing different tunes.
Actually, I don't think so anymore. Back in the mid 90's I might have out the, "At least we made it", but not anymore. I felt the same way about the Raiders SB, its one thing to make it to the game and have it be a game, it is something else to just embarrass yourself in the game. If the Chiefs can't make it competitive, I don't want them there.

CHIEF4EVER
The thing that folks overlook is that only Brown and Warren figure to be starters... the others are depth/rotational guys.

I honestly don't know what position I'd like to see selected at #25.... CB scares me b/c Shanahan just can't pick a damn CB from the draft to save his life. I certainly don't want that Fabian kid... too small and he's from the Big 12 with no major skins on the wall.

Maybe he'll get a Safety and convert him........:pROFL

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Sandy Eggo is the clear favorite right now. The reason we aren't talking about them is well, because, we aren't used to talking about them.

They are the clear favorite simply based on 2004. It was 1995 when they were last over .500 in a season and this is Marty. I don't expect them to falter greatly, but they snuck up on teams last year... things went really well for them.

I'll need to see more before I'm sold on them... they didn't really lose anyone, so they have that going for them, but this is the NFL... teams go back and forth in wins/losses all the damn time.

Bowser
Try harder...

I was making the point about KC needing that top receiver, b/c if they let Morton go... who's stepping up? Eddie showed more consistency last year than he ever had, but will he do it again? Plus, he's 31 ... 32 right?

Receiver is a bit of a question. We were flirting with Kevin Johnson, but have heard zip about him since he's left town. Minus Morton, who is all but gone, here is who we have -

Eddie Kennison
Marc Boerigter
Samie Parker
Dante Hall
Richard Smith
Chris Horn

Lot of unproven talent there. I have high hopes for Boerigter this year. This is his make or break season. Parker could be an outstanding #3 guy, Dante should get no more tan 15 or so snaps on offense, R. Smith has the one thing you can't coach - speed. Chris Horn is a reliable utility guy, and decent special teamer.

Here's our backs/tight ends -

Priest Holmes
Larry Johnson
Tony Richardson
Robert Holcombe
Tony Gonzalez
Kris Wilson
Jason Dunn

All in all, a bunch of weapons to get the ball to. We just need a guy to step up and be #2 across from Kennison, with maybe taking over that #1 spot. Is he on the roster already? Not sure. Boerigter and Parker MIGHT have it in them, we shall see.

One thing is for sure - if we can get a burner on the outside, and keep him on the field consistantly, we will be even tougher to prepare for than we already are.

Tombstone RJ
TJ, what the hell is up with the OM... that server is fried.

Calcountry
Its even worse getting bitch slapped at home in the playoffs, with home field advantage. But, that is kinda the norm in KC.Our Defense got Bitchlapped a little harder than Indy's. Yeah it sucked, but at least we beat Indy last year and completely beat the fug out of the Atlanta Vicks, what did you guys do with them?

Fug it, you made the playoffs we didn't. I can't make an omelett without any eggs bitch, but why don't you go back to your orange toilette and blow some queefs out of your pussy before you come into our house and talk shit about the CHIEFS!!!

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Personally, I like Fergy better, especially if Lynch is going to be on the other side.

I'm a Razorback guy... so, I like the Atwater - Kennedy connection.

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2005, 03:37 PM
They are the clear favorite simply based on 2004. It was 1995 when they were last over .500 in a season and this is Marty. I don't expect them to falter greatly, but they snuck up on teams last year... things went really well for them.

I'll need to see more before I'm sold on them... they didn't really lose anyone, so they have that going for them, but this is the NFL... teams go back and forth in wins/losses all the damn time.

There's no doubt in my mind SD is the best team in the division right now. Marty is a great regular season coach, its the post season he s*cks at. Right now, the chargers are the team to beat.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 03:37 PM

And is it just me, or did teams just not seem to gameplan for Antonio Gates last year? It almost looked like everybody was treating him like a fluke, and that there was no way he was going to do that to OUR team, whomever that team was.

Calcountry
04-13-2005, 03:38 PM

I'm not sold on ANY one team in the AFCW at this point to win the division... I do think that the Raiders are the least likely to win it, but it will be close.Nice take.

:thumb:

BigChiefFan
04-13-2005, 03:39 PM
And is it just me, or did teams just not seem to gameplan for Antonio Gates last year? It almost looked like everybody was treating him like a fluke, and that there was no way he was going to do that to OUR team, whomever that team was.
Gates is still holding out. :thumb:

Mile High Mania
Actually, I don't think so anymore. Back in the mid 90's I might have out the, "At least we made it", but not anymore. I felt the same way about the Raiders SB, its one thing to make it to the game and have it be a game, it is something else to just embarrass yourself in the game. If the Chiefs can't make it competitive, I don't want them there.

It's so easy to say that now ... especially after going through what you've gone through as a KC fan. Fast forward to January 2006... KC gets to the playoffs, 10 win team... loses by 21 to NE in R1. No other AFCW teams advanced.

We're going to go apeshit and many of you will use the "well we were in the playoffs dammit" line. Trust me.

It sucks when the team you love teases you, builds your confidence and leaves you naked and beaten down at the playoff alter when they fail miserably...

Tombstone RJ
Our Defense got Bitchlapped a little harder than Indy's. Yeah it sucked, but at least we beat Indy last year and completely beat the fug out of the Atlanta Vicks, what did you guys do with them?

Fug it, you made the playoffs we didn't. I can't make an omelett without any eggs bitch, but why don't you go back to your orange toilette and blow some queefs out of your pussy before you come into our house and talk shit about the CHIEFS!!!

No thanks. I like it here. Its morons like you that keep it interesting.

Calcountry
Sandy Eggo is the clear favorite right now. The reason we aren't talking about them is well, because, we aren't used to talking about them.Quarterback controversy will undo them. I guarantee Marty will find a way to fug it up.

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm a Razorback guy... so, I like the Atwater - Kennedy connection.

Now the Broncos just need Matt Jones.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 03:41 PM

Horseshit you do! Don't even think about drafting him. He can go to some NFC team if he doesn't make it to KC.......

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Quarterback controversy will undo them. I guarantee Marty will find a way to fug it up.

Trudat. Nobody can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory quite like Marge Schott can.

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Quarterback controversy will undo them. I guarantee Marty will find a way to fug it up.

Actually, I think they did the smart thing keeping Brees. Now they get to see if he truly has it, or if he was a one year wonder. They have depth, they are young, and they have great talent and a good GM.

HemiEd
04-13-2005, 03:43 PM
TJ, what the hell is up with the OM... that server is fried.

So this is why we are graced with all of the "Award Winning" Mangers today? I seem to remember a recent post from your leader that the Mange was close to the same caliber as CP. Ha Ha Ha ROFL

Oh by the way, if the Broncos were to try and get to lifetime .500 with the Chiefs, they would need to sweep for five consecutive years. Maybe Elway will come out of retirement for you. ROFL

Calcountry
04-13-2005, 03:46 PM
No thanks. I like it here. Its morons like you that keep it interesting.Glad I could be of service. :clap: The feeling is mutual.

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 03:47 PM
There's no doubt in my mind SD is the best team in the division right now. Marty is a great regular season coach, its the post season he s*cks at. Right now, the chargers are the team to beat.

True... they're the team to beat b/c they're the defending divisional champs and everyone is going to slot them as "finishing first in the AFCW". I'm just not sold on them to repeat.

Dallas / @Denver / Giants / @ Pats / Steelers / @ Oak / @ Philly / KC / @ Jets

Those are the first 9 games before the bye.

Dallas and Giants are the only two I look at and say "BAM - easy wins".
I think most AFCW teams will split the home/home this year.

I don't see SD beating the Broncos in Denver, the Pats, Steelers, Philly or Jets in NY.

That's potentially 5 or 6 losses from the first 9 games and I don't think I'm reaching for losses here...

They finish up with Bills / @ Skins / Raiders / Dolphins / @ Indy / @ KC / Denver...

Easier finish, but I don't see wins @ INdy or KC...

Now we're talking about potentially 7 losses - @ Denver, @Pats, Steelers, @ Philly, @ Jets, @ Indy, @ KC

I think they're going to have a damn tough time with that road schedule.

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 03:48 PM

Only if he's one of their R3 comp picks... I don't want "projects" with the first 2 picks. I like Jones, but not that much.

Calcountry
04-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Actually, I think they did the smart thing keeping Brees. Now they get to see if he truly has it, or if he was a one year wonder. They have depth, they are young, and they have great talent and a good GM.Yeah, but will the guys in the trenches respond to Marty yanking Brees for Rivers? Better yet, Marty, with all his smarts, will announce to the media and the world, that it was all his idea to trade Manning to the Giants and still get Rivers and as such, say that the starting job is Rivers' to start the season.

There is nothing with respect to the QB position that I would put past Marty.

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2005, 03:51 PM
True... they're the team to beat b/c they're the defending divisional champs and everyone is going to slot them as "finishing first in the AFCW". I'm just not sold on them to repeat.

Dallas / @Denver / Giants / @ Pats / Steelers / @ Oak / @ Philly / KC / @ Jets

Those are the first 9 games before the bye.

Dallas and Giants are the only two I look at and say "BAM - easy wins".
I think most AFCW teams will split the home/home this year.

I don't see SD beating the Broncos in Denver, the Pats, Steelers, Philly or Jets in NY.

That's potentially 5 or 6 losses from the first 9 games and I don't think I'm reaching for losses here...

They finish up with Bills / @ Skins / Raiders / Dolphins / @ Indy / @ KC / Denver...

Easier finish, but I don't see wins @ INdy or KC...

Now we're talking about potentially 7 losses - @ Denver, @Pats, Steelers, @ Philly, @ Jets, @ Indy, @ KC

I think they're going to have a damn tough time with that road schedule.

True, that is a tough schedule...

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Only if he's one of their R3 comp picks... I don't want "projects" with the first 2 picks. I like Jones, but not that much.

Jones won't last past round 2, bank on it.

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Jones won't last past round 2, bank on it.

I have no doubts about that ... again, that's why I don't want to hear his name called in R1 or R2 when Denver is up. I hate saying that, but there are other holes to fill with greater priority.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 03:55 PM
I have no doubts about that ... again, that's why I don't want to hear his name called in R1 or R2 when Denver is up. I hate saying that, but there are other holes to fill with greater priority.

You sound like a Chiefs fan. Heh.

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2005, 03:55 PM

I seriously doubt the Broncos will take him at #25, but if they did, I'd be ok with it.

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 03:57 PM
You sound like a Chiefs fan. Heh.

:cuss: Burn in hell...

Bowser
04-13-2005, 03:57 PM
:cuss: Burn in hell...

:D

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I seriously doubt the Broncos will take him at #25, but if they did, I'd be ok with it.

I think he's getting WAAAAYYYY too much hype right now, I'm sure some clubs are "smoke screening" with the likes of him and a few others. I bet he goes early/middle R2.

Where does Tampa pick in R2 ... Gruden has loved him since the Senior Bowl.

Dave Lane
04-13-2005, 04:04 PM

Slightly better than Denver. 0-0 is still a 1/2 game lead on 0-1

Dave

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 04:15 PM

Dave

So, is Jim Sorgi a better QB than Green?

Jim Sorgi
17 29 58.6 175 6.0 2 0
QB rating: 99.1

Trent Green
369 556 66.4 4591 8.3 27 17
QB rating: 95.2

stevieray
04-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah, but that SOB rarely dropped a pass... never feared going over the middle ... and rarely dropped the ball after getting crushed by a DB.

And won Oscars for pretending to be interfered with. He sure could pretend to fall down with the best of them.

Bowser
04-13-2005, 05:10 PM
So, is Jim Sorgi a better QB than Green?

Jim Sorgi
17 29 58.6 175 6.0 2 0
QB rating: 99.1

Trent Green
369 556 66.4 4591 8.3 27 17
QB rating: 95.2

Don't hurt yourself stretching that far.....

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 05:10 PM
And won Oscars for pretending to be interfered with. He sure could pretend to fall down with the best of them.

Yeah, but lots of players "act" for the ref... you still can't deny he was a tough player that gave it all and played clean. He's a guy every team would love to have as their own.

stevieray
04-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah, but lots of players "act" for the ref... and played clean. .

ROFL Other players don't validate his actions.

Ed had a Phd at faking.

RaiderH8r
04-13-2005, 05:15 PM

Dave
Actually, 10-7 is better than 7-9.

HemiEd
04-13-2005, 05:45 PM

True and 50 is better than 40. :)

CHIEF4EVER
04-13-2005, 06:13 PM

In other late breaking news, man has successfully landed on the moon. Film at 11.

KCWolfman
04-13-2005, 06:23 PM
You got a "shot" only because Indy wanted to play you in the playoffs. They rolled over and played dead in week 17 so they could play the weakest team. You were the ugly girl invited to the prom so everyone could laugh at you. Now you stand in your stained dress, fake pearls, and pantyhose with runs in it trying to convince yourself it was all worth the humiliation.

KCWolfman
04-13-2005, 06:24 PM
9 and 7 with a mulligan, you mean of course.

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 06:41 PM
You got a "shot" only because Indy wanted to play you in the playoffs. They rolled over and played dead in week 17 so they could play the weakest team. You were the ugly girl invited to the prom so everyone could laugh at you. Now you stand in your stained dress, fake pearls, and pantyhose with runs in it trying to convince yourself it was all worth the humiliation.

True, but KC was our fat sister with a limp and a hairy lip sitting at home wishing she could go.

KCWolfman
04-13-2005, 07:37 PM
True, but KC was our fat sister with a limp and a hairy lip sitting at home wishing she could go.
A case of who is uglier is not that important to me. Ugly is as ugly does

JOhn
04-13-2005, 07:40 PM

And which is more embarrassing? :hmmm:

Mile High Mania
04-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Ugly is ugly... let's not focus on last year...

We're all 0-0.