PDA

View Full Version : Songs and Memories/Visions

Rain Man
04-13-2005, 07:06 PM
While we're on this music kick, are there certain songs that bring to mind specific images or memories for you?

Here are a few of mine:

I love rock & roll (Joan Jett) - Driving my 1970 Mustang convertible down a dirt road outside my hometown, the music cranked up on a cool summer night, the temperature dipping each time I hit the bottom of a hill. Those were the days.

Everybody Hurts (REM) - Unfortunately, that song was the background of a 9/11 tribute on the Internet that somebody here linked, and as the song started, the screen showed that famous picture of the poor guy who had just jumped off the top of the World Trade Center. That photo was so powerfully traumatic that it pops into my head whenever I hear that song.

Bat Out of Hell (Meat Loaf) - Sitting in the Sirloin Stockade in high school with my pals, waiting to go to work. I bought the album as a half-burned 8-track from a coworker whose van had caught on fire, and he needed money.

Country Roads (John Denver) - My wife singing along. For some unknown reason, this is "our song" and neither of us knows why.

Welcome Back, Kotter (who the heck knows?) - For some reason, this song takes me back immediately to the living room of my parents' house when I was about 13.

Anyone else have music-induced flashbacks?

Nzoner
04-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Snortin' Whiskey & Drinkin' Cocaine-easily one my greatest dumbass moves.I was at the concert with a bunch of high school buddies and when Pat Travers started playing the song I took a capful of Jack Daniels on a dare and snorted it.I was filled in the next day on how the rest of the night went.

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida-everytime I hear it I think of my late uncle playing it for me when I was in the 3rd grade and telling me it meant In The Garden Of Eden and the story he'd heard that went with it.

Every Breath You Take-my fiance and I had just split up when that song hit the airwaves.She was the love of my life(and I focked it up)and was I hurting.If you recall that song went to #1 and there was NO escaping it,the damn thing was playing everywhere I went.

Songbird-the Fleetwood Mac song that the wife and I chose for our dollar dance with the bride and groom.I was enjoying dancing with the ladies and collecting the bills and then my drunk uncle stepped forward from the ladies line gave his bill to me and we gave the guests quite a dance routine.

stumppy
04-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Stranglehold (Nugent) When I was racing I would crank it up and get wound up tighter than a two dollar watch before I hopped in the stock car.

Bad Company They were playing an outdoor concert and there was one of the hottest women I've ever seen, wearing a Budweiser bikini, dancing right in front of me. That was about 15 years ago and I still remember like it was yesterday.

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2005, 10:06 PM
....Welcome Back, Kotter (who the heck knows?) - For some reason, this song takes me back immediately to the living room of my parents' house when I was about 13.

I hope you are keepin' up with your royalty payments or an RIAA lawyer will soon be visiting you.... :hmmm:

Nzoner
04-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Bad Company They were playing an outdoor concert and there was one of the hottest women I've ever seen, wearing a Budweiser bikini, dancing right in front of me. That was about 15 years ago and I still remember like it was yesterday.

The question was about songs,not the last time you beat it. :D

Rain Man
04-13-2005, 10:11 PM
I hope you are keepin' up with your royalty payments or an RIAA lawyer will soon be visiting you.... :hmmm:

Yeah, it's not like I hear this on the radio or anything. But if there's some TV retrospective and they play that theme song, I'm right there on the floor of my parents' living room, 13 years old.

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Yeah, it's not like I hear this on the radio or anything. But if there's some TV retrospective and they play that theme song, I'm right there on the floor of my parents' living room, 13 years old.

You must be around 41 or 42 too, then.... :hmmm:

Rain Man
04-13-2005, 10:22 PM
You must be around 41 or 42 too, then.... :hmmm:

Two score and two years ago, my mother brought forth on this continent a new Rain Man, conceived in a Chevy and dedicated to the proposition that all men are not his equal.

stumppy
04-13-2005, 10:47 PM
The question was about songs,not the last time you beat it. :D

Did you know that if you rub your eyes real hard for a few minutes then squint real hard and look a little cross eyed you can make about any woman look like she's wearing a Budweiser bikini ?

badgirl
04-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Went to a jackle and ZZ Top Concert about 8 years ago, we got on the floor and was right up front, everyone was so crammed packed I was sweating so bad my cloths were wet, I got up to the front only one guy was standing in front of me and I was dancing with no other choice but to be right up against him, after a few minutes he asked me if I wanted to go party with them after the concert, of course I said no,I had come with a date (an excuse, I'm not that stupid) but I did have a date, so it wasnt really a lie, I don't know if he realized the only reason I was practically humping him wasn't that I wanted to that bad, but that I had no other choice.
ZZ Top was a great show, they sang all their classics, had women with great bodies dancing behind a screen. Really a good show. :thumb:

htismaqe
04-14-2005, 05:00 AM
I have music-induced flashbacks, driving-induced flashbacks, eating-induced flashbacks...

Hell, I have BREATHING-induced flashbacks. :D

Rausch
04-14-2005, 05:31 AM
I don't have the space to name them all.

Comfortably Numb reminds me of a fever dream I had (104 fever, blood should have boiled the nurse said.)

Love Song by Tesla reminds me of the first peach and fuzzy I landed.

I still remember "The Shortest Straw" by Metallica was plaing in the gym when Desert Storm started. 50 Muscle freaks glued to a TV. It was surreal.

Rausch
04-14-2005, 05:33 AM
I have music-induced flashbacks, driving-induced flashbacks, eating-induced flashbacks...

I've noticed that with smell.

I've often wondered if I dated the last three gals due to the fact they've used the same shampoo.

CanadianChief
04-14-2005, 06:03 AM
The song "stroke it" gives me flashbacks of 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, 45 min, and 1 hour ago.

Ultra Peanut
04-14-2005, 06:06 AM
"The Way," by Fastball. Every time I hear this song it throws me back to a vacation in the summer of 1998. I vividly picture myself sitting in the back of a van (I rather loved riding in that thing, actually... it was huge, and had a TV in it) with my two best friends and my parents, making our way through southeast Missouri on the way home.

That's probably the strongest, since I literally feel like I'm in that van whenever I hear it, though I'm sure there are others I can't think of in my current sleep-deprived state.

siberian khatru
04-14-2005, 06:13 AM
"Question," The Moody Blues -- reminds me of preschool, when it was my favorite song.

"Hurting Each Other," The Carpenters -- reminds me of the first time I heard it, traveling in the car with my mother, and being embarrassed because I figured Mom was thinking about me always beating up on my little sister. Lame, I know, but I was only about 6 at the time.

"Ventura Highway," America -- I just always think of summer when I hear this song: Driving down the road with the windows down and the wind blowing through my hair. Particularly evokes the summer of 1985, probably the best time of my life.

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 07:17 AM

Yup, same here. Way too many to enumerate. :banghead:

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 07:18 AM
The song "stroke it" gives me flashbacks of 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, 45 min, and 1 hour ago.

Prolific in the arena of self-stimulation, eh?

CanadianChief
04-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Prolific in the arena of self-stimulation, eh?

I was petting my dog.

Mark M
04-14-2005, 08:51 AM
"Magic Man" by Heart ... the song to which I lost my virginity when I was 14.

"Hells Bells" by AC/DC ... sitting in a firends basement during the summer, getting high for the first time. For some reason, on the first minute of the song brings back that memory ...

"Take a Look at Me Now" by Phil Collins ... my first love, Stacy D____ in high school. She really was the only one who knew me at all.

"These are the Days" by 10,000 Maniacs ... my last year in college, during the slideshow at Spring Formal, that song was played. Every time I hear it I'm reminded of all the crazy, stupid, and highly illegal stuff I did while still living in the fraternity house.

MM
~~:)

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 08:57 AM

A 14 yr old virgin.....and, heh, "Magic Man"?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Mark M
04-14-2005, 09:04 AM
A 14 yr old virgin.....and, heh, "Magic Man"?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Dude ... that night totally ****ing ruled. November 2, 1985.

Of course, it was a triple play of Hear on the old 106.5 KXXR, but the last two songs really didn't come into play (pun acknowledged, not intended).

MM
~~:hump:

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 09:16 AM
I associate music with just about everything...at least I use to, in the BK era (before kids.)

Just a few off the top of my head:

1. "Temple of Syrnix" RUSH, partying with my friends after closing the local Hardees. Wow, that and "Whole Lotta Love" Led Zepplin are cool to listen to on a good stereo....while 'under the influence.'

2. "Waiting for a Girl Like You" Foreigner....my first puppy love break up. I puke whenever I hear that song now.

3. "The Stroke" Billy Squier, "Back In Black" AC/DC, anything by Van Halen (pre-Sammy)....ear-bleeding decibel levels while cruisin' the "Strip" in my hometown as a HS Sr.

4. "Erotic City" Prince: went as the "date" of a friend (Yolanda) to a Prince concert; I was the only white dude on the floor of the arena....this was pre-Purple Rain fame.

5. "Let's Get Physical" (I know it's cheesy....): my deflowering in the back seat of my girlfriend's parents' car.

6. "I Wanna Be Sedated," Ramones: My first slam-dance.....with my best friend/best man (from my wedding) and we both took girls home that night. Mine turned out to be a psycho who stalked me for two years (I know it's hard to believe.)

7. "What I Like About You!" Romantics, "Let's Dance" David Bowie and "Love Shack" B52s: just about every dance night/clubbin' night out in college...'83-86.

8. "London Calling" Clash and "Burning Down the House" Talking Heads: the pre-party warm-up at the dorm/duplex in college.

9. "Let It Whip," "You Dropped the Bomb on me," and "Burn Rubber on me" The Gap Band....on the way to concerts during college including Rick James, Parliament, and Funkadelic in KC.

10. Anything Rolling Stones/The Who/YES from college....study music.

11. "Riding the Storm out" REO....Summer Jam, during a downpour.....early 1980s; it's a blurr.

12. "Start Me Up, "It's Only Rock and Roll," and "Some Girls" from the 1982 "Farewell" tour of the Stones....great songs during the concert. My first "second hand" high....

And that's just 82-86.....the tip of the proverbial "ice berg." :thumb:

big nasty kcnut
04-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Everything count depeche mode Remind me of high school in spokane washington listening to stuff most people don't listen to.

Amarillo by Morning George Strait remind me of my grandpa funeral and how he was a real cowboy.

Dopeman NWA Hanging out with my brother and his friend Ernest Harris when i was in junior high and they were in high school i thought i was so cool.

CosmicPal
04-14-2005, 09:59 AM
I associate music with just about everything...at least I use to, in the BK era (before kids.)

Just a few off the top of my head:

1. "Temple of Syrnix" RUSH, partying with my friends after closing the local Hardees. Wow, that and "Whole Lotta Love" Led Zepplin are cool to listen to on a good stereo....while 'under the influence.'

2. "Waiting for a Girl Like You" Foreigner....my first puppy love break up. I puke whenever I hear that song now.

3. "The Stroke" Billy Squier, "Back In Black" AC/DC, anything by Van Halen (pre-Sammy)....ear-bleeding decibel levels while cruisin' the "Strip" in my hometown as a HS Sr.

4. "Erotic City" Prince: went as the "date" of a friend (Yolanda) to a Prince concert; I was the only white dude on the floor of the arena....this was pre-Purple Rain fame.

5. "Let's Get Physical" (I know it's cheesy....): my deflowering in the back seat of my girlfriend's parents' car.

6. "I Wanna Be Sedated," Ramones: My first slam-dance.....with my best friend/best man (from my wedding) and we both took girls home that night. Mine turned out to be a psycho who stalked me for two years (I know it's hard to believe.)

7. "What I Like About You!" Romantics, "Let's Dance" David Bowie and "Love Shack" B52s: just about every dance night/clubbin' night out in college...'83-86.

8. "London Calling" Clash and "Burning Down the House" Talking Heads: the pre-party warm-up at the dorm/duplex in college.

9. "Let It Whip," "You Dropped the Bomb on me," and "Burn Rubber on me" The Gap Band....on the way to concerts during college including Rick James, Parliament, and Funkadelic in KC.

10. Anything Rolling Stones/The Who/YES from college....study music.

11. "Riding the Storm out" REO....Summer Jam, during a downpour.....early 1980s; it's a blurr.

12. "Start Me Up, "It's Only Rock and Roll," and "Some Girls" from the 1982 "Farewell" tour of the Stones....great songs during the concert. My first "second hand" high....

And that's just 82-86.....the tip of the proverbial "ice berg." :thumb:

Geezit krist! How do you manage to get by a day of music listening without a song conjuring up some distant memory?

CosmicPal
04-14-2005, 10:04 AM

Kewl song to lose your virginity to.

"Take a Look at Me Now" by Phil Collins ... my first love, Stacy D____ in high school. She really was the only one who knew me at all.

I don't think that's the correct name of the song, but I could be wrong. It's funny you bring it up, 'cause it too sparked memories of my teen sweetheart. We planned on marrying after college, but I ended up marrying Mary Jane instead.

CosmicPal
04-14-2005, 10:06 AM
12. "Start Me Up"

Every time I hear this song anymore, it reminds me of Arrowhead stadium.

Demonpenz
04-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Whenever i hear slip away (not the crappy redone version with uncle cracker) i think about summer after high school on an ozark trip.

Amnorix
04-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Two score and two years ago, my mother brought forth on this continent a new Rain Man, conceived in a Chevy and dedicated to the proposition that all men are not his equal.

That's true. Your combination of baldness and zits is hard to equal indeed...

:p

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Geezit krist! How do you manage to get by a day of music listening without a song conjuring up some distant memory?

I don't if the song is from the 80's, or early 90s.... :)

Nzoner
04-14-2005, 03:36 PM

If you were at the one at Arrowhead,Foreigner was there also and you're right that was a hella downpour.

|Zach|
04-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Great thread idea.

MOhillbilly
04-14-2005, 03:46 PM
Listening to the intro of MTBBs last album(theme to ACWO)

we had som B.Y. wrastleing and it was my intro song about ten seconds later im looking at a guy on the floor w/ a grapefruit shoved under his head thinkin to my self "self wtf are we gonna do w/ the body?"
ahhh a gallon of JD will do it to ya.

I love rock and roll- first grade riding home on the bus and it would come on rock 99 and the whole bus would sing along.

truely bitchin!

Anything on the Redheaded stranger LP.
makes me think of winter afternoons in the basement puting my model train together.

Cro-Mags-hardtimes....5$ fifths and cases of cooks a room full of skinheads and punk chix middle of summer doing crazy stupid shit. never backin down and never givin in.
good times!

maple leaf rag- reminds me of my old man. it was his favorite rag to play on the babygrand. Turns me all mushy inside just to think about it.

Baby Lee
04-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer - the first song I remember staying up to listen to on the 'top nine at nine' on my new clock radio. This was back when I was 11, there was no TV or stereo in the house, and I was in bed by 9 sharp.

Nazareth - Hair of the Dog - me and my buddy Steve 'dogging out' his brand new V-8 Cutlass the week before the start of sophomore year.

AC-DC - any of the songs of Back in Black - riding to school with my buddy Ralph in his cold ass Jeep.

George Michael - Father Figure - Somehow I twice, on two different occasions, ended up slow dancing at a school function with a girl, different girls, that was way more into me than I her.

Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me - Tawnya, the girl I WAS into was a Def Leppard FREAK, and when I worked my way around to get some QT with her, I somehow ended up driving her parent's new car, I mean less than 1K miles on it. PSSoM was playing when she thought it'd be a hoot to crank the emergency brake as I was gingerly turning a corner, leading to a NPPI [near poopy pants incident]. Fun girl.

ENDelt260
04-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Snortin' Whiskey & Drinkin' Cocaine-easily one my greatest dumbass moves.I was at the concert with a bunch of high school buddies and when Pat Travers started playing the song I took a capful of Jack Daniels on a dare and snorted it.I was filled in the next day on how the rest of the night went.

Did it burn?

Thanks for mentioning this. I bet this weekend I can talk my neighbor into snorting some whiskey. Heh... I can't wait.

ENDelt260
04-14-2005, 04:21 PM
We planned on marrying after college, but I ended up marrying Mary Jane instead.

Good call.

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 04:24 PM
If you were at the one at Arrowhead,Foreigner was there also and you're right that was a hella downpour.

I was there; I've never seen a crowd so pumped to be in the middle of a storm...I liked REO before that; after that, no matter how much people insulted Kevin, Gary, and the gang...they RULED. :thumb:

Ridin' the Storm out.....

philfree
04-14-2005, 04:26 PM
'Stairway To Heaven'

My first day of HS I climbed into the Javelin with my big bros buddies an took off for school listening to Stairway To Heaven and of course before we got there we had burned two fatties. Needless to say I didn't have a great educational experience those four years. Looking back I often cry out for "Overs!" but there aren't any. I gradiated.........

PhilFree:arrow:

CosmicPal
04-14-2005, 04:32 PM
1. "Temple of Syrnix" RUSH, partying with my friends after closing the local Hardees.

This wouldn't be the local Hardees around 103rd and Metcalf in Overland Park, would it?

CosmicPal
04-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Good call.

Uhhhh, thank you.

But, if you had any idea how wealthy this girl's family was- you'd probably think twice about that call.

ENDelt260
04-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Uhhhh, thank you.

But, if you had any idea how wealthy this girl's family was- you'd probably think twice about that call.
I bet they don't generate as much money as Marijuana does every year. :D

CosmicPal
04-14-2005, 04:50 PM
I bet they don't generate as much money as Marijuana does every year. :D

You right there, man. I did make the right decision.

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 05:00 PM
This wouldn't be the local Hardees around 103rd and Metcalf in Overland Park, would it?

No, it was the one in Leavenworth on Hwy 7. I got to know a couple of the gals who worked there from our "road trips" to KC; a "Melissa" and a "Sandy" if I remember correctly, but that was it.

Whenever we had the "munchies" we'd go through their drive-through for free food; then they'd visit us on ocassion too.

CosmicPal
04-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Take the Long Way Home - Supertramp

I remember reading an article years ago about this kid in Connecticutt who was the same age as I was then. His parents were murdered and it was heartbreaking to read about his account. But, the thing that stuck me was how he indicated in his interview how the one thing he remembered about his mother was how thoughtful she was and that one night when the song, Take the Long Way Home, came on the radio she drove around the block knowing he loved the song. My mom used to do the same thing for me. I always thought that was so sweet of my mom to do that for me, and I simply felt a connection with this poor guy. So, every time I ever heard, Take the Long Way Home- I thought of him and the pain he must feel hearing the song today.

Nzoner
04-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Did it burn?

Thanks for mentioning this. I bet this weekend I can talk my neighbor into snorting some whiskey. Heh... I can't wait.

That was 25 years ago,I'm doing good to remember 25 days ago.You know those nights you talk about in Rolla where your buddies fill in the blanks......

Seriously,I'd been drinkin' Jack straight most of the night and the snort up the nose was last call.One of my buddies told me I was standing in the chair when I snorted it and immediately fell backwards into the aisle behind us.I can tell ya this,I awoke the next morning to see a Foghat Live In Texas shirt beside my bed(the concert was in KC)and I don't remember buying it but was told some dude in the parking lot was peddling them for $10 and I just had to have one.

My greatest regret of the night was missing the headliner Foghat.

If you get your neighbor to do this let me know how it went.

Chiefnj
04-14-2005, 09:07 PM
You right there, man. I did make the right decision.

Sounds like a Harry Chapin song...

And here, she's acting happy,
Inside her handsome home.
And me, I'm flying in my taxi,
Taking tips, and getting stoned,
I go flying so high, when I'm stoned.

KCWolfman
04-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Kewl song to lose your virginity to.

I don't think that's the correct name of the song, but I could be wrong. It's funny you bring it up, 'cause it too sparked memories of my teen sweetheart. We planned on marrying after college, but I ended up marrying Mary Jane instead.
Separate Lives.

Jenson71
04-14-2005, 09:20 PM
5th grade. Friday nights at the roller skating rink. The smell of slushies and popcorn. The Moonwalk. Lindsay Cameron. KC and JoJo's "All My Life".

KCWolfman
04-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Whew someone else with a Supertramp?
I stayed in the rock genre to kinda relate to the rest of the thread.

Queen - Sleeping on the Sidewalk - Back when I knew I would one day be a rock star.

Supertramp - Casual Conversations - Wow, when I left my first wife, Roger Hodson and crew described my situation perfectly.

Springsteen - Thunder Road - The first time is never forgotten, that tune just brings back my ballet dancer from Louisville and how we were going to run away together.

|Zach|
04-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Back when I knew I would one day be a rock star.

How did that pan out?

KCWolfman
04-14-2005, 09:28 PM
How did that pan out?
Just wait for the next episode of Where Are They Now? on VH-1, Mister.

BTW - I saw The Cooler and you were right, phenomenal.

|Zach|
04-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Phil Collins - Take Me Home
Being a little guy and playing outside or being by the pool. This is one of the main songs that really takes me back.

Bonnie Raitt and Annie Lennox Albums
This reminds me of when I was young, not a baby but not quite old enough to do anything independently. My mom used to play these all the time. She loved them.

Better Than Ezra - God Save The Queen Of New Orleans
Middle school. Hanging out with new people...going to the movies all that good stuff. I relate this song to going to Blue Springs's Football games. Its where everybody was...

The Urge - Jump Right In
Soph. year in high school. It was a really fun summer. This song reminds me of going to a lot of pool parties and just having a blast. Things were a lot less complicated then. Me and my buddies were hanging out with a great group of girls all summer and it made for some great times...

|Zach|
04-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Just wait for the next episode of Where Are They Now? on VH-1, Mister.

Mr. Mister? What? :)

BTW - I saw The Cooler and you were right, phenomenal.
I am glad you liked it; I thought you would. The whole thing was great from beg. to end. I need to sit down and watch it again.

I just loved it the first time the bar tender goes to get cream for him and its not out. I also love Ron Livingston has the young business exec. That guy has amazing range.

btw, I tried to make some hollendaise the other night. Maybe it'll turn out right next time. ROFL

The trials and tribulations of a young chef.

KCWolfman
04-14-2005, 09:35 PM
Mr. Mister? What? :)

I am glad you liked it; I thought you would. The whole thing was great from beg. to end. I need to sit down and watch it again.

I just love it the first time the bar tender goes to get cream for him and its not out. I also love Ron Livingston has the young business exec. That guy has amazing range.
The whole lion analogy throughout the film for several characters was great.

Paul Sorvino really stretched his range with the role, but pulled it off amazingly well.

Was the replacement one of the Backstreet Boys? He looked familiar.

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 09:37 PM

Nazareth - Hair of the Dog - me and my buddy Steve 'dogging out' his brand new V-8 Cutlass the week before the start of sophomore year.

AC-DC - any of the songs of Back in Black - riding to school with my buddy Ralph in his cold ass Jeep.

Great tune by Nazareth.....definitely a "drive fast" tune.

I think I wore out at least 2 or 3 copies of Back In Black album/tape.

Inspector
04-14-2005, 09:37 PM
The Beatles on Ed Sullivan.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon.

Both bring back specific fond memories of times long ago.....

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Phil Collins - Take Me Home
Being a little guy and playing outside or being by the pool. This is one of the main songs that really takes me back.

Bonnie Raitt and Annie Lennox Albums
This reminds me of when I was young, not a baby but not quite old enough to do anything independently. My mom used to play these all the time. She loved them.

Better Than Ezra - God Save The Queen Of New Orleans
Middle school. Hanging out with new people...going to the movies all that good stuff. I relate this song to going to Blue Springs's Football games. Its where everybody was...

The Urge - Jump Right In
Soph. year in high school. It was a really fun summer. This song reminds me of going to a lot of pool parties and just having a blast. Things were a lot less complicated then. Me and my buddies were hanging out with a great group of girls all summer and it made for some great times...

Were you a pool boy in chiefs4me's neighborhood as a kid??? :hmmm:

|Zach|
04-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Was the replacement one of the Backstreet Boys? He looked familiar.
I thought so too, but I couldn't place him. He was such a prick; I wanted to hurt him.

|Zach|
04-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Were you a pool boy in chiefs4me's neighborhood as a kid??? :hmmm:
Don't believe so...

ROFL

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Anyone remember this paradoy and the original song?

Clinton Impeachment....is my memory.

http://www.aotf.net/combo5.html

ENDelt260
04-14-2005, 10:24 PM
If you get your neighbor to do this let me know how it went.

Will do.

ENDelt260
04-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Things were a lot less complicated then.

Whoa, I missed this. You're in college, dude. Things aren't supposed to be complicated now. Here... I'll give you a basic guide to college...

1. Go to class (occassionally)
2. Pass all your tests
3. Get shitty
4. Get laid
5. Rinse and repeat

Follow those easy steps, and you'll fondly look back on your college as the best 6 or 7 years of your life. (Or, 3.5 for me... just couldn't seem to drink and drug the smart out of me.)

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 10:34 PM
...just couldn't seem to drink and drug the smart out of me.)

When you get your own company or become a CEO, could you rescue me from teaching.....and South Dakota?

I'd make one helluva a PR, HR, or "Security" management dude.....whatdaya think? :p

ENDelt260
04-14-2005, 10:37 PM
When you get your own company or become a CEO

Heh... uh, I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Heh... uh, I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

How about a hostile take-over of Rainman's gig??? :hmmm: