PDA

View Full Version : TO's days in Philly are numbered?

Edubs
04-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Updating ongoing reports, Stephen A. Smith, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens made it clear he wants to remain with the Eagles and catch touchdown passes from QB Donovan McNabb. However, he also made it clear he wants a new contract and to be a top-10 paid player in the game. Owens feels the Eagles used leverage against him a year ago when he signed a long-term deal because they knew he wanted to leave the Baltimore Ravens to join them. And now, after a very solid season, he is going to use his leverage to his advantage. While he is saying it is not about him being "greedy" or "selfish," he said he is a top player in the game and his "current contract doesn't justify that." He went on to note that his signing of the contract and being under contract does not factor into anything because the Eagles, for any reason they want, can cut him at any time not to pay him. Owens said he cannot let it just go. Eagles coach Andy Reid went to Owens saying that when he signed the contract, he promised he would not cause any problems. Owens said he had to let him know this is not a problem; it is a misunderstanding because it is all about business. It would appear Owens' days in Philadelphia are numbered.

TO is such an ass.

ChiefsCountry
04-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Updating ongoing reports, Stephen A. Smith, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens made it clear he wants to remain with the Eagles and catch touchdown passes from QB Donovan McNabb. However, he also made it clear he wants a new contract and to be a top-10 paid player in the game. Owens feels the Eagles used leverage against him a year ago when he signed a long-term deal because they knew he wanted to leave the Baltimore Ravens to join them. And now, after a very solid season, he is going to use his leverage to his advantage. While he is saying it is not about him being "greedy" or "selfish," he said he is a top player in the game and his "current contract doesn't justify that." He went on to note that his signing of the contract and being under contract does not factor into anything because the Eagles, for any reason they want, can cut him at any time not to pay him. Owens said he cannot let it just go. Eagles coach Andy Reid went to Owens saying that when he signed the contract, he promised he would not cause any problems. Owens said he had to let him know this is not a problem; it is a misunderstanding because it is all about business. It would appear Owens' days in Philadelphia are numbered.

TO is such an ass.

Trade his ass to Arizona or Cincinnati. Let him suffer.

HolmeZz
04-14-2005, 11:58 AM
I think he was on the verge of becoming a fan favorite, with how he gutted it out in the Super Bowl and everything. This is a big step back.

Brock
04-14-2005, 11:59 AM
He did sign the contract. OTOH, he is the best receiver in the game. Hands down.

Hydrae
04-14-2005, 12:02 PM
He did sign the contract. OTOH, he is the best receiver in the game. Hands down.

He is no better now than he was a year ago when he signed that contract. That was when he should have worried about this. Too late now.

I have never used the term but I think it fits....asshat.

el borracho
04-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Nice attitude. Philasmellphia is definitely the place for TO. I wonder if he and Iverson are friends yet.

jspchief
04-14-2005, 12:05 PM
The Eagles should trade him to the Ravens...

Gravedigger
04-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Yeah trade him to the ravens where he didnt want to be in the first place. I'm sure ray lewis will have a good time breaking him in

Brock
04-14-2005, 12:15 PM
Ray should probably just worry about the long road downhill he has in front of him.

Mark M
04-14-2005, 12:20 PM
While he is saying it is not about him being "greedy" or "selfish," he said he is a top player in the game and his "current contract doesn't justify that."

While he is the best WR in the game, it sure as hell does sound like he's being "greedy" and "selfish" to me.

MM
~~:shake:

Edubs
04-14-2005, 12:31 PM
He thinks he is the only reason they made it to the SuperBowl. Trying to redo his contract a year after he signed the damn thing is pretty f-ing low.

morphius
04-14-2005, 12:31 PM
I think someone needs to tell him that it was his choice to go to a team that is known to be pretty cheap with their players.

Edubs
04-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Hopefully he leaves Philly. The Chiefs will only have to face 1 of the top 2 receivers in the league if he does. Carl better get on the damn ball. TO once and Randy Moss twice this year. Ummmm Bartee will get smoked!!

Dave Lane
04-14-2005, 12:36 PM
The guy was injured half the season did I miss something? He was better than Freddie Mitchell in the SB woohoo well I only had one catch less than Mitchell. Have them add some incentive clauses if you think you are all that.

Dave

Dave Lane
04-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Hopefully he leaves Philly. The Chiefs will only have to face 1 of the top 2 receivers in the league if he does. Carl better get on the damn ball. TO once and Randy Moss twice this year. Ummmm Bartee will get smoked!!

Smoked ain't the word. Nuclear fusion in a Chiefs uni with #24 on it is more like it.

Dave

Demonpenz
04-14-2005, 12:39 PM
drew bennet scored 4 td's on the chiefs. I don't know if there is enough time in a game to score 5 or 6

CanadianChief
04-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Trade his ass to Arizona or Cincinnati. Let him suffer.

Could you imagine Owens and C. Johnson as a wideout duo? Sweeeett!

CosmicPal
04-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Ummmm Bartee will get smoked!!

I doubt Bartee makes the team this year.

ChiefsOne
04-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Sure glad that whiney ass bitch is not a Chief or I would really be pissed! TO signed the contract, he needs to honor it, period.

ChiefsOne
04-14-2005, 01:27 PM
Big step back, after he talked his $h!t before the big game and then lived up to it, I almost liked him. Now he's back to being TO.