PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Minneapolis for the weekend for a wedding

Chief Henry
04-14-2005, 12:09 PM
The wedding is on Friday night, so we'll have all day Saturday to get out and see stuff. The wife wants to go to the Mall of America. We've never been there. Give me some hints on stores or things inside
the mall.....thanks.

Thanks

ptlyon
04-14-2005, 12:10 PM
NASCAR Expirence - must do! 3rd floor.

4th is all bars. Hooters!

jspchief
04-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Eh...it's a big mall. All said and done, it's no different than any other mall. Worth checking out I suppose, but don't expect too much.

Brock
04-14-2005, 12:12 PM
I hope you get something out of the deal.

el borracho
04-14-2005, 12:14 PM
The mall is huge. It has at least one roller coaster inside, maybe more. But it is still a mall, dude. I doubt you will be very impressed.

If I were you I would see if I had time to check out any of the museums, local breweries and or city. When I was there (in 2000) there were Snoopy statues all over St. Paul. There is also some famous cathedral whose name I can't remember.

And if you have more time there are like eleventy billion lakes to kayak.

Duck Dog
04-14-2005, 12:17 PM
There are tons of stuff to do in the mall. Although, I drink too much everytime I'm there.

If you have kids, there is an inside amusement park, Snoopy's play land. (or somthing like that)

Park on the north side. They have a huge furniture store in that parking lot. And by huge, I mean gigantic.

They have a great zoo too, just south of there a bit in Shakopee.

mlyonsd
04-14-2005, 12:18 PM
I was at a class pretty close to the Mall of America last year so I decided to go there one night and see it for myself.

I'm going on record saying you can walk around the entire mall, and I'm talking about all floors in 35 minutes. Other then that, if you're stuck there find a bar on the 4th floor and wait for your wife there.

gblowfish
04-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Here ya go, dude:
http://www.mallofamerica.com/

One of my favorite newspaper headlines I ever saw was in the airport in Minneapolis. The St. Paul Pioneer was reporting on a gun battle that broke out between gang members in the amusement park. Headline in bold read:

"Four Die In Camp Snoopy."

My twisted sense of humor thought that was a great headline.

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 12:38 PM
IMO, it's way over-rated; it's just a big mall....that's it. Yeah, there's a lot of stuff there, but other than Camp Snoopy it's really just a big mall. And I hate malls, personally.

Glowfish's link should take care of you though...

CanadianChief
04-14-2005, 01:22 PM
If you check out the sports bars you've seen all you need to.

ptlyon
04-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Here ya go, dude:
http://www.mallofamerica.com/
"Four Die In Camp Snoopy."

I would have cut that one out and saved it. Don't run across funny S like that much anymore.

JimNasium
04-14-2005, 01:52 PM
See if they have a Hooter's, sit down and start drinking heavily.

ptlyon
04-14-2005, 01:53 PM
See if they have a Hooter's, sit down and start drinking heavily.

They do

JimNasium
04-14-2005, 01:55 PM
They do
That would be my course of action then. :)

beavis
04-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Eh...it's a big mall. All said and done, it's no different than any other mall. Worth checking out I suppose, but don't expect too much.
That's what I thought of it. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was pretty disappointed in the deal.

Nzoner
04-14-2005, 03:25 PM
America's Original Sports Bar(part of Jillian's)on the 4th floor is decent as in the evening you pay one cover and can go from theme bar to theme bar.Here's some info.

Jillian's America Live offers seven unique bars and restaurants that appeal to a wide variety of tastes. Located on the fourth level of Mall of America in Bloomington Minnesota, this multi-venue concept allows guests a chance to enjoy food, dancing, sports, bowling, simulation games, dueling piano's, live entertainment and stand-up comedy, all without leaving the building.

Chief Henry
04-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Sorry I did not respond to you guys. I've been
super busy finishing up 2004 IRA stuff :)

You guys gave me some good info and I appreciate that very much. I'm going to print all of your responses off and let my wife read them. :)
I'm sure she'll get a buzz out of some of those,
specially the "hooters" ones .......

Take care and I'll see you guys on Monday.

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Sorry I did not respond to you guys. I've been
super busy finishing up 2004 IRA stuff :)

You guys gave me some good info and I appreciate that very much. I'm going to print all of your responses off and let my wife read them. :)
I'm sure she'll get a buzz out of some of those,
specially the "hooters" ones .......

Take care and I'll see you guys on Monday.

Have a great time. :thumb:

badgirl
04-14-2005, 05:27 PM
The wedding is on Friday night, so we'll have all day Saturday to get out and see stuff. The wife wants to go to the Mall of America. We've never been there. Give me some hints on stores or things inside
the mall.....thanks.

Thanks
Well I don't know about the mall thing, but I hope you have a fun and safe trip. :thumb:

Kyle401
04-15-2005, 08:32 AM
I was there last summer and one of the original munchkins from The Wizard of Oz movie was there signing pictures. Overall the place is pretty much as others have said (just a big mall), but if you live in Minnesota I guess you have to have somewhere to go in the winter when it's -20 outside.

On a side note, the Cabela's headquarters has a pretty good wildlife display. It's not near as cool as Bass Pro in Springfield, but worth a stop if you are driving up and want a break. It's located right off of I-35 in Owatonna.

Cochise
04-15-2005, 08:39 AM
I was pretty underwhelmed by the mall. It's a big mall and all, but after an hour or so you kind of have seen everything.