PDA

View Full Version : Personal Seat Licenses? Chiefs

Logical
04-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Would you pay for a Personal Seat License to help build a new stadium if it was the only way to keep the Chiefs?

Phobia
04-14-2005, 05:03 PM
No.

Logical
04-14-2005, 05:05 PM
No.Since you are around can you turn this into a poll simple yes no variety. I forgot to check the poll option and blew it.

Saulbadguy
04-14-2005, 05:07 PM
Depends on the cost. $500 one time fee, i'd do it.

Mr. Kotter
04-14-2005, 05:07 PM
No.

Phobia
04-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Since you are around can you turn this into a poll simple yes no variety. I forgot to check the poll option and blew it.

No, sorry. Can't convert it to my knowledge.

StcChief
04-14-2005, 05:09 PM
It isn't even close to $500.

A friend of mine had St.L Cardinals $9K for two field seats at new stadium.

Saulbadguy
04-14-2005, 05:12 PM

They vary city by city. I heard a PSL in Philly was 5k per seat. I would not pay that. I would pay $500. Maybe $1,000.

Phobia
04-14-2005, 05:12 PM

Yeah - the cheapest PSL's at the Texans stadium was $2500 a seat and that got you between the 20's on the 2nd level.

I didn't pay them a damn thing and got dead center of the endzone on the 2nd level.

Pants
04-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Can someone briefly explain what that is?

Bowser
04-14-2005, 05:20 PM

It pretty much means you buy the right to buy the same tickets year after year.

Pants
04-14-2005, 05:21 PM

Holy shit.

Logical
04-14-2005, 05:23 PM

Pretty much, but in reality you cannot even buy season tickets for one year without paying the PSL in most cities that have the requirement.

Bowser
04-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Holy shit.

Pretty much.

Phobia
04-14-2005, 05:24 PM

As a fundraising project for new stadiums or improvements, teams sometimes charge significant amounts of money for the right to purchase season tickets to a seat. Then you get the rights to that seat for as long as you're willing to buy a season ticket and you also get your name engraved into a brick that is then used to build a wall or some other bullshit around the venue.

IMO it sucks, but if people wanna pay it - more power to them.

It would be like me demanding that you pay me $500 to post on ChiefsPlanet. Would you do that?

Bowser
04-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Pretty much, but in reality you cannot even buy season tickets for one year without paying the PSL in most cities that have the requirement.

Whoa. I was under the impression that you got to hold on to the seats that you purchase after agreeing to the PSL. Are you telling me that there could be a chance you don't get seats, even if the PSL is paid for?

Bowser
04-14-2005, 05:28 PM
It would be like me demanding that you pay me $500 to post on ChiefsPlanet. Would you do that?

ENDelt would, and probablly pick up a few tabs. This place is his heroin.

gblowfish
04-14-2005, 05:46 PM
For it? I LOVE the idea! Simply LOVE IT! Honestly, you guys on the CP give me a major CEO woody when you talk like this. I can't wait to unveil the PSL thing as part of our newly minted five year plan to get a Super Bowl in a brand new KC stadium. Oh, and to try to maybe get the Chiefs into the game too, if I have time to think about that. Save your money, bitches. You'll need it!

Sincerely,
Carl D. Peterson
President
General Manager
CEO
Poop Does Not Stink
Poohbah

Logical
04-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Whoa. I was under the impression that you got to hold on to the seats that you purchase after agreeing to the PSL. Are you telling me that there could be a chance you don't get seats, even if the PSL is paid for?

No, I am only saying that even if you only want to buy one years worth of season tickets there is no exemption from the PSL in those cities.

Logical
04-14-2005, 05:51 PM
For it? I LOVE the idea! Simply LOVE IT! Honestly, you guys on the CP give me a major CEO woody when you talk like this. I can't wait to unveil the PSL thing as part of our newly minted five year plan to get a Super Bowl in a brand new KC stadium. Oh, and to try to maybe get the Chiefs into the game too, if I have time to think about that. Save your money, bitches. You'll need it!

Sincerely,
Carl D. Peterson
President
General Manager
CEO
Poop Does Not Stink
PoohbahROFLROFLROFL

Uncle_Ted
04-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Don't they have some variation of this at Kansas Speedway? I'm not sure how that works though ... anyone?

tommykat
04-14-2005, 08:59 PM

:hmmm: Can to IF you know the right people and TK does.:p

StcChief
04-14-2005, 11:01 PM
As a fundraising project for new stadiums or improvements, teams sometimes charge significant amounts of money for the right to purchase season tickets to a seat. Then you get the rights to that seat for as long as you're willing to buy a season ticket and you also get your name engraved into a brick that is then used to build a wall or some other bullshit around the venue.

IMO it sucks, but if people wanna pay it - more power to them.

Bricks are being sold for outside the new Busch stadium now. PSL owner or not.

BigRedChief
04-14-2005, 11:05 PM
PSL's are so 90's. City/State's are not paying for new stadiums. The owners are. The city/state's kick in for the infrastruture only. We will not pass a 500 million stadium tax. Not gonna happen.

alanm
04-14-2005, 11:10 PM
It's called extortion on the Corporate level. :cuss: