PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Calendar Mod

Phobia
04-14-2005, 11:00 PM
We need somebody with plenty of free time and a desire to improve an underrated/utilized feature of this BB.

The Calendar can be an assett if we populate it properly.

Apply within.

go bowe
04-14-2005, 11:03 PM
populate it properly? :shrug:

sounds like a breeding program or something...

Phobia
04-14-2005, 11:05 PM
This is kinda like being at an auction, go bo. You make some kind of gesture in this thread and you volunteered.

alanm
04-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Give the job to Go Chiefs. He's got plenty of time. :thumb: :)

go bowe
04-14-2005, 11:07 PM
well, tell me more about what it is, and i might make a gesture then...

but until then, i'm sitting real still... :p :p :p

Phobia
04-14-2005, 11:09 PM
I'd like to see the calendar with pertinent Chiefs data.

The NFL Schedule just came out. At the very least, we should have the Chiefs games on it, but the rest of the NFL could go there, too. That way we could check the schedule without leaving the site.

Other NFL critical dates would help, too - training camp, cutdown dates, trade deadline - etc.

I did it for years, but it takes some time. I'm looking for somebody to own it and take some pride in it.

DenverChief
04-14-2005, 11:10 PM
well, tell me more about what it is, and i might make a gesture then...

but until then, i'm sitting real still... :p :p :p ROFL

tk13
04-14-2005, 11:12 PM
I've got photography experience, just get the girls together and we'll churn it out in a couple weeks.

Oh wait, not that kind of calendar...

go bowe
04-14-2005, 11:14 PM

The NFL Schedule just came out. At the very least, we should have the Chiefs games on it, but the rest of the NFL could go there, too. That way we could check the schedule without leaving the site.

Other NFL critical dates would help, too - training camp, cutdown dates, trade deadline - etc.

I did it for years, but it takes some time. I'm looking for somebody to own it and take some pride in it.i'm still sitting still, but i'd like to talk it about it some more when i am a little more sober...

let me come back to this thread tommorrow... :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

Dick Bull
I could do it half heartedly and with no innovation.

alanm
I've got photography experience, just get the girls together and we'll churn it out in a couple weeks.

Oh wait, not that kind of calendar...
Chiefs cheerleaders need not apply. ROFL

go bowe
04-14-2005, 11:16 PM

Oh wait, not that kind of calendar...heck, it sounds like a good idea to me...

Dick Bull
04-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Chiefs cheerleaders need not apply. ROFL

Hey I know my dogs get a big kick when they see their pics.

Either that or they really like their alpo.

Douche Baggins
04-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Well, no one else is volunteering, so I guess I will. I'm a pretty organized guy so I think I could do a good job.

Dick Bull
04-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Well, no one else is volunteering, so I guess I will. I'm a pretty organized guy so I think I could do a good job.

I say take a poll.

badgirl
04-14-2005, 11:28 PM
I'll do it, I have all kinds of time on my hands at work, and access to the computer, all weekend and plenty of time at home too. :thumb:

Damn it stop laughing Phobia.

I am serious and I know you laughed when you read this. :p

Phobia
04-14-2005, 11:29 PM

I think you'd be great at it. Feel free to start any threads you wish in order to promote awareness of the calendar without counting against your limit. Have fun.

Thanks.

Phobia
04-14-2005, 11:30 PM
I'll do it, I have all kinds of time on my hands at work, and access to the computer, all weekend and plenty of time at home too. :thumb:

Damn it stop laughing Phobia.

I am serious and I know you laughed when you read this. :p

If gochiefs gets fired, I'll keep you in mind. I think your calendar entries would be a hoot.

Douche Baggins
04-14-2005, 11:31 PM
I think you'd be great at it. Feel free to start any threads you wish in order to promote awareness of the calendar without counting against your limit. Have fun.

Thanks.

Cool.

badgirl
04-14-2005, 11:35 PM
If gochiefs gets fired, I'll keep you in mind. I think your calendar entries would be a hoot.
PBJ PBJ, I hope GoChiefs loses his job :p

tk13
04-14-2005, 11:35 PM
Good deal. It should be a hoot when "Opening day - Episode III", appears on the ChiefsPlanet calendar. :)

Simplex3
04-14-2005, 11:38 PM

Thanks.
Oh, hell. Now we're going to have a calendar that only has "Live at home" all over it... :rolleyes:

GoatCheese, er, gochiefs, if you need any help PM me, I've done tons of php work and can probably point you to several (hundred) open source calendars that you can liberate (steal) code from.

|Zach|
04-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Sounds like a great deal.

Douche Baggins
04-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Oh, hell. Now we're going to have a calendar that only has "Live at home" all over it... :rolleyes:

GoatCheese, er, gochiefs, if you need any help PM me, I've done tons of php work and can probably point you to several (hundred) open source calendars that you can liberate (steal) code from.

I don't believe it's that complicated. All I can do is add events and recurring events.

badgirl
04-14-2005, 11:46 PM
I don't believe it's that complicated. All I can do is add events and recurring events.
stop trying to sound smart, I may get the job if you get fired so go ahead and do it on your own, :fire:

Douche Baggins
04-14-2005, 11:47 PM
Good deal. It should be a hoot when "Opening day - Episode III", appears on the ChiefsPlanet calendar. :)

:D

Douche Baggins
04-14-2005, 11:49 PM
Is there some issue here? I can't add events for 2005+:

luv
04-15-2005, 01:31 AM
Okay, let me get this straight. . .

You want someone who can gather information, organize it, and present it in a creative fashion???

And you gave this job to a guy? Was it just the first come, first serve basis? Also, will I be able to see anything on it since I have him on ignore?

So full of questions. . .

|Zach|
04-15-2005, 01:39 AM

You want someone who can gather information, organize it, and present it in a creative fashion???

And you gave this job to a guy? Was it just the first come, first serve basis? Also, will I be able to see anything on it since I have him on ignore?

I think the design of it is pretty much set by the parameters of the BB. And yes, you will be able to see it.

Douche Baggins
04-15-2005, 03:55 AM

The calender isn't that involved. I just post a bunch of events when they happen...NFL stuff, mostly. It's not really creative at all. And I certainly have experience at gathering information and organizing it.

As for "seeing anything," it's all in the calendar up there. It doesn't matter if you have me on ignore, you can still see The GoChiefsPlanet Calendar. :D

tk13
04-15-2005, 04:12 AM
Of course, if she has you on ignore she won't be able to read any of that... :)

the Talking Can
04-15-2005, 04:40 AM
I never knew we had a calender.

Rain Man
04-15-2005, 08:07 AM
I never knew we had a calender.

Jeez, where have you been hiding? We've had the Gregorian for about 400 years now.

Saulbadguy
04-15-2005, 08:09 AM
Gochiefs...May 19th. You know what to do.

go bowe
04-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Good deal. It should be a hoot when "Opening day - Episode III", appears on the ChiefsPlanet calendar. :)ROFL ROFL ROFL

el borracho
04-15-2005, 11:02 AM
I don't believe it's that complicated, or difficult... (if you will). All I can do is add events and recurring, or reocurring... (if I may), events.
These are different times.

PastorMikH
04-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Also, will I be able to see anything on it since I have him on ignore?

I guess if you want to stay up to date, we could start quoting all of his posts so you can see them then.

:)

go bowe
04-15-2005, 11:38 AM
I guess if you want to stay up to date, we could start quoting all of his posts so you can see them then.

:)oh, pullleeeeeeese...

once is enough to read the goat cheese drivel...

i mean, how many star wars references can one person absorb without going padawan?

go bowe
04-15-2005, 11:40 AM
oh my gosh, i just reread phobia's post...

i didn't have any idea that go chiefs, of all people, could repopulate anything...

i mean, wouldn't that require some skills that the poor boy is lacking? :p :p :p

JOhn
04-15-2005, 12:34 PM
oh my gosh, i just reread phobia's post...

i didn't have any idea that go chiefs, of all people, could repopulate anything...

i mean, wouldn't that require some skills that the poor boy is lacking? :p :p :p
ROFL :clap: :thumb:

luv
04-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Of course, if she has you on ignore she won't be able to read any of that... :)

Any of what?

Skip Towne
04-15-2005, 06:27 PM
The calender isn't that involved. I just post a bunch of events when they happen...NFL stuff, mostly. It's not really creative at all. And I certainly have experience at gathering information and organizing it.

As for "seeing anything," it's all in the calendar up there. It doesn't matter if you have me on ignore, you can still see The GoChiefsPlanet Calendar. :D
I couldn't see this post since I have you on ignore.

Vegas_Dave
04-15-2005, 06:54 PM
I'll do it. If nothing more for the "moderator" title... oooo, I get shivers...

I could be the Vegas_Dave, Calender Moderator... if its not posted here, then it isnt really happening. Muwhahahahahahaha!

Douche Baggins
04-15-2005, 08:05 PM
I'll do it. If nothing more for the "moderator" title... oooo, I get shivers...

I could be the Vegas_Dave, Calender Moderator... if its not posted here, then it isnt really happening. Muwhahahahahahaha!

Too late, bitch! I'm going to ban you, now!

badgirl
04-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Too late, bitch! I'm going to ban you, now!
Abuse of power!!! :cuss: J/K

Phob, ban gochiefs again so I can take over. :p

chiefs4me
04-16-2005, 04:08 PM

hhmmmmmmm...... you have had the job a day and already renamed it gochiefs planet calendar? :deevee:

Tell me...does this job come with mod powers?:cuss:

Valiant
04-16-2005, 04:48 PM

I did it for years, but it takes some time. I'm looking for somebody to own it and take some pride in it.

Can the said person add personal stuff also.. say... 'its make gochiefs cry day..' or 'post a picture of naked girl in your avatar day...'

Vegas_Dave
04-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Abuse of power!!! :cuss: J/K

Phob, ban gochiefs again so I can take over. :p

Thats OK... we all know that at least every April15th, since 2001 thru 2004, is gochiefs day...

heheheheheROFL