PDA

View Full Version : "Cade Mutiny" in Chicago

25or6to4
12-20-2000, 12:54 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/news/506001.asp

This is one of the most jacked up stories I've ever heard in the NFL. Members of the Chicago Bears, according to a report, will NOT play if McNown starts at QB Sunday against Detroit. What a mess.

John M.

[This message has been edited by j molina (edited 12-20-2000).]

Dr. Red
12-20-2000, 12:58 PM
Passer rating worst as a starter since 1998?? Wow! That's history in the making. Really speaks well of Bears QBs.

Lightning Rod
12-20-2000, 01:11 PM
Yeah, but has he ever won a playoff game?

Thinkin' this kid may be prime trade bate for Grbac...<BR>

Fat Homer
12-20-2000, 01:15 PM
I read on Yahoo sports that he was not going to play and Matthews would get the start...and to think I was hoping we would have drafted McNown a couple of years ago...hope this doesn't ruin his career, i still think he will be a good one...

I just read the article...is McNown the next Leaf?

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 12-20-2000).]

12-20-2000, 02:32 PM
In a way it's kind of sad. Cade McNown may very well be a 1st round bust, but it's most assuredly because of the biggest Bears 1st round bust of the last decade - Curtis Enis...(aside from Salaam of course)...

The Bears have no running game and thus will never have a truly capable passer...

------------------
Parker
[b]ChiefsPlanet Administrator</B>

Chief Nathan
12-20-2000, 02:41 PM
I would not mind throwing a couple 3rd or 4th rounders their way for him.

BigChiefsFan
12-20-2000, 02:50 PM
I talked with my best friend in Chicago, and his take was that Cade has the skills, but is too busy dating Playboy bunnies (can you blame the guy? Heather Kozar is so hot I would'nt think about football either) and being a star that he forgot that he has to play.

Much like Cryin Leaf—all of the skills, none of the desire or brains. Just another spoiled brat who thinks he can half-a$$ it and still get by. It's not UCLA anymore, pal. The Bears don't give out complimentary handicapped parking passes.

MM
~~Does not want another locker room cancer on the Chiefs' roster...perhaps the all idiot team?

------------------
One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.
--George W. Bush

Chief Nathan
12-20-2000, 02:53 PM
When he finds a new scene he will be humbled a bunch and most likely adjust his ways since how he will no longer be the "franchise" guy.

BigAl
12-20-2000, 03:24 PM
The article said Mathews would be a free agent. Wasn't he the last player cut by the Chiefs a couple years ago, picked up by Jax, played his first week there and won. If this is the same guy, maybe he's the Chiefs replacement for Moon.