PDA

View Full Version : Erasamus James or this guy ?

Ninjaman
04-15-2005, 10:47 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/de/demarcusware.html

Why is no one talking this guy up ? Maybe he could play linebacker too.

Tribal Warfare
04-15-2005, 10:49 PM
F*ck no. If KC's going to get an LB it should be Derrick Johnson

royr17
04-15-2005, 11:09 PM
why are you so hung up on Derrick Johnson ?

Tribal Warfare
04-15-2005, 11:26 PM
have you seen him play?

Tribal Warfare
04-15-2005, 11:27 PM
They guy plays like Jack Ham and Jack Lambert

royr17
04-15-2005, 11:46 PM
have you seen him play?

Yea and wasnt really impressed with him, he gets picked up on blocks too easily, too light, needs to put on some bulk, and there is 3 linebackers i really want in this draft Tweener DE/OLB DeMarcus Ware, OLB Daryl Blackstock, and OLB Kevin Burnett.

I think of the whole linebacker class Burnett would be the best and i'd be thrilled to see the chiefs draft him.

The guy be a sure 1st round pick if it wasnt for a knee injury suffered in college. The guy is a stud just like you think Johnson is.

Tribal Warfare
04-15-2005, 11:50 PM
Yea and wasnt really impressed with him, he gets picked up on blocks too easily, too light, needs to put on some bulk

Johnson is 242 lbs now check the combine record if you don't believe me.

royr17
04-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Johnson is 242 lbs now check the combine record if you don't believe me.

Im just goin to drop it at this, I wasnt really impressed with him and thats that, i think there is a linebacker in the draft just like him, named Kevin Burnett, can tackle, run the sidelines and can get into the backfield and get sacks, I think he'd be the better OLB then Johnson would be.

Tribal Warfare
04-16-2005, 12:11 AM
Im just goin to drop it at this, I wasnt really impressed with him and thats that, i think there is a linebacker in the draft just like him, named Kevin Burnett, can tackle, run the sidelines and can get into the backfield and get sacks, I think he'd be the better OLB then Johnson would be.

:rolleyes:

Joe Seahawk
04-16-2005, 12:19 AM
Boomer gives hs thoughts on the draft.. He always has an interesting take IMO.. Full transcript here.. http://seahawks.scout.com/2/370421.html

Wisconsin DE Erasmus James Rob Rang: The Seahawks.NET Chat
By Rob Rang/Seahawks.NET
Date: Apr 16, 2005

A week before the 2005 NFL Draft, Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com spent over two hours in the Seahawks.NET chat room. A longtime friend of Seahawks.NET, Rob provided great analysis and several interesting team tidbits to our community. Here is the transcript of the chat for all to read and enjoy!

(Editor’s Note: Rob sent us a brief post-chat note to clarify a couple things, so we wanted to preface the chat itself with that):

In hindsight of our chat, I wanted to make sure a couple of points were understood.

For one, the perception that Seattle will focus on a defensive tackle early. This isn’t necessarily true. Ruskell’s history shows that he places high value on impact defensive linemen. I’m not so sure he/the Hawks feel that there are many impact defensive tackles in this draft. They do believe Castillo will be one – and had him ranked as a possible 1st round pick before the Combine. Therefore, they will consider him, but not necessarily other DTs early.

Of course, defensive end is another matter.

Erasmus James could easily fall into their lap. I know they are intrigued by his ability. It remains to be seen if James’ durability concerns would cause them to ignore him and take someone else. This is absolutely a possibility.

While defensive line is clearly the target, cornerback makes the most sense after that. If they are to take a corner, expect one of those with legitimate return skills, not a taller, slower guy like Marlin Jackson, Corey Webster, etc.

I gave a list of five guys I believe Seattle will consider for the first round. Let me expand that to include ten guys I believe they’ll consider for the first two rounds.

Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
David Pollack, DE, Georgia
Adam “PacMan” Jones, CB, West Virginia
Justin Miller, CB, Clemson
Luis Castillo, DT, Northwestern
Kevin Burnett, OLB, Tennessee
Chris Spencer, C, Mississippi
Domonique Foxworth, CB, Maryland
Antonio Perkins, CB, Oklahoma
JJ Arrington, RB, California.

--Rob

Hawkstorian:: You're showing Erasumus James falling to the Seahawks at #23. Tell us a little about why you think that is and what kind of player he might be.
RobRang:: James is going to drop. He has some real medical question marks. Everyone knows about the hip, but there is other stuff teams are worried about too. If he falls to Seattle, I think they have to consider him. This team needs a dominant pass rusher and when he is healthy (big when/if) he is the draft's top pass rusher

jammerhawk:: Right off the bat, Rob - who are they looking at now?
RobRang:: Rather than go guy by guy, let me tell you the five guys I think Seattle is looking at for #23.
RobRang:: David Pollack, Adam "PacMan" Jones, Erasmus James, Justin Miller, and...Luis Castillo.
RobRang:: Obviously, Pollack, Jones, and James would be shocking falls. I explained why I think James could fall. I would be very surprised if he isn't available in the mid to late teens, so he could conceivably make it to #23.
RobRang:: Pollack is a player I love. We have him projected as going to Detroit at #10. But the simple fact is, he lacks size/speed numbers and could fall. If he did, Seattle would strongly consider him.
RobRang:: back to why PacMan might drop…The kid is 5'9. Terrific athlete, but he only fits certain schemes. He makes a lot of sense for Seattle should he really fall. The more likely two of course to actually be there are Miller and Castillo.
FlyingGreg:: I really like Justin Miller.
RobRang:: The team clearly wants to focus on DL with this pick, but Miller makes a lot of sense. Not a true shutdown corner, but is a cocky son of a gun who makes plays. You'll need that opposite Trufant. He is also is a terrific return man, something else Seattle needs. Whether in Round one or later, Seattle will find themselves a return man in this draft.

RobRang:: The thing is - and this is something I want to make sure gets on the record (will get to DBs). This draft is goofy. Of the three teams I've talked extensively too in the last couple of days, their boards are ranking guys so differently. I've never seen a draft where teams are ranking guys so opposite of one another. Some teams are ranking a guy as a possible 1st rounder, others don't think he belongs on the first DAY.
RobRang:: It's crazy. So ranking sleepers is a little different than in years past. There will be some shocking picks of players that everyone calls "reaches" or "susprise falls," etc. Just all over the place.
ArosNET:: Someone is going to get a steal
jammerhawk:: Is that because the draft is deep with respectable but not outstanding players?
RobRang:: "respectable but not outstanding" I'm going to steal that one.

dfarrar777:: How likely do you think it is that SF or Miami will trade down? And is there any chance that Shaun Alexander is part of the latter equation...or another draft day trade?
RobRang:: Both would trade down if given a decent deal. There might be something in the works between Miami and Tampa Bay as we speak. One of the reasons I've been a little slow responding at times is answering my phone for this one...
RobRang:: Alexander - very unlikely. They'd like to trade him and I'm telling you right now, if someone offered them a 2nd round pick, he'd be gone. But no one is offering a thing because of the salary space he'll take up. Too many other RB options out there.

RobRang:: Surprised no questions as to who is going #1
RobRang:: It's going to be Alex Smith.
dfarrar777:: I don't know if there really IS a "#1" this year.

jammerhawk:: Could we trade up to snag Pollack?
RobRang:: Would be surprised to see Seattle trade up for Pollack.

dfarrar777:: Derrick Johnson opinion, if you have time.
RobRang:: I like Derrick Johnson, but think he could slip a bit too. Ultra productive. Reminds me a little of Derrick Brooks in his speed and instincts. Not real physical and misses more tackles than you'd think.

dfarrar777:: And who's YOUR favorite college player entering the draft this year, regardless of position?
RobRang:: Pollack. Without a doubt.
dfarrar777:: Hard to argue with that one.
jammerhawk:: I really like what he'd bring to the team and would spend a few of the ten picks for him
RobRang:: Kid flat plays his butt off. I wish I could put on the game film I have of him for everyone to watch. When you see him make big play after big play in crucial situations l ike he does, I just don't see how you can't love his game.
dfarrar777:: He's got a ridiculous motor.
jammerhawk:: So why all the “he's got short arms and isn't tall enough” stuff?
RobRang:: Because he's got short arms and isn't tall enough.
RobRang:: He doesn't match what the classic DE is supposed to have.
jammerhawk:: but he produces
RobRang:: Exactly.

keg in kc
04-16-2005, 12:22 AM
Woah, I haven't read anything from Boomer in a while. Thanks Joe, I'd forgotten all about him. Is he all premium now?

the Talking Can
04-16-2005, 12:26 AM
RobRang:: He doesn't match what the classic DE is supposed to have.
jammerhawk:: but he produces
RobRang:: Exactly.

and that's why the Chiefs won't draft him...he ain't sexy enough...[puke]...

please let it be him or Rogers....

Joe Seahawk
04-16-2005, 12:27 AM
Woah, I haven't read anything from Boomer in a while. Thanks Joe, I'd forgotten all about him. Is he all premium now?

Not too sure Keg.. I think he's part of Scout.com.. He does some free stuff for Seahawks .net too. I've always enjoyed his takes, he's proven to be pretty damn accurate as well..

htismaqe
04-16-2005, 04:32 AM
I'd rather have DeMarcus Ware than Erasmus James.

James has colossal bust written all over him.

Digital Takawira
04-16-2005, 05:32 AM
I'd rather have DeMarcus Ware than Erasmus James.

James has colossal bust written all over him.

:clap:

exactly.

ware would be nice, but if johnson or rogers are there we have to jump at the chance.

Ebolapox
04-16-2005, 09:03 AM
erasemyass james, B*TCH

-EB-

whoman69
04-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Well you know DV is going to fall in love with him because he's a tweener. IMO we have drafted enough tweeners for two decades in the last 4 years.

Frankie
04-16-2005, 10:31 AM
I'd take Ware at 15 over Johnson in a trade up, any day.

Spicy McHaggis
04-16-2005, 10:51 AM

I'm not trying to be a jackass or anything but I thought you said you didn't watch college ball. If thats true then how do you know DJ isn't that great and that Burnett is a stud. And on the James side of this topic, I don't want him. No more drafting potential over production. Pollack or even trading down and taking Roth would be a much better pick if we go DE.

Ebolapox
04-16-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm not trying to be a jackass or anything but I thought you said you didn't watch college ball. If thats true then how do you know DJ isn't that great and that Burnett is a stud. And on the James side of this topic, I don't want him. No more drafting potential over production. Pollack or even trading down and taking Roth would be a much better pick if we go DE.

OMG, TEH VOICE OF REASON!!! BAN HIM, WE CAN'T HAVE ANYTHING OTHER THAN BLIND HOMERISM ON THIS BOARD!!!

-eb-

Digital Takawira
04-16-2005, 07:45 PM
I'd take Ware at 15 over Johnson in a trade up, any day.

you derelict.

thank god you're not the gm. :shake:

ChiefsCountry
04-16-2005, 09:18 PM

Remember he thinks Scanlon is the answer. ROFL

Frankie
04-17-2005, 08:09 AM
you derelict.

thank god you're not the gm. :shake:

What? You are against winning multiple SuperBowls? :shrug:

htismaqe
04-17-2005, 08:10 AM
What? You are against winning multiple SuperBowls? :shrug:

Demarcus Ware is going to win multiple Super Bowls all by himself?

I don't think so. He's no Mike Peterson.

LiL stumppy
04-17-2005, 09:04 AM
why are you so hung up on Derrick Johnson ?

he tackles people

yoswif
04-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Considering his lack of physical toughness and inability to get off a fullback or tightend's block, Johnson might be better off losing a few pounds and playing safety in the NFL. Like Boulware for the Seahawks. Seems pretty risky using the 15th pick for a drag down tackler when the Chiefs are a notorious bad tackling team.

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2005, 10:40 AM
Considering his lack of physical toughness and inability to get off a fullback or tightend's block, Johnson might be better off losing a few pounds and playing safety in the NFL. Like Boulware for the Seahawks. Seems pretty risky using the 15th pick for a drag down tackler when the Chiefs are a notorious bad tackling team.

DJ is going to be real stud, and is often called "The most NFL ready player in years."He's going to be great, believe me their saying this because of his 225-230 pound frame in college now the guy is 242lbs so that won't be a problem. If he's in range I'd tradeup before SD grabs him

htismaqe
04-17-2005, 10:49 AM

OMG dude, you just incurred the wrath of Voyag..err, Tribal Warfare...haven't you heard?

Derrick Johnson is Jack Hammbert...

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2005, 11:02 AM
OMG dude, you just incurred the wrath of Voyag..err, Tribal Warfare...haven't you heard?

Derrick Johnson is Jack Hammbert...

just watch, you'll see

yoswif
04-17-2005, 11:06 AM
is often called "The most NFL ready player in years.

I see a lot of "drag down tackler" and "not physical at the point of attack" analysis on the pre draft shows. Boom or bust type, sounds like.

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2005, 11:14 AM
I see a lot of "drag down tackler" and "not physical at the point of attack" analysis on the pre draft shows. Boom or bust type, sounds like.

this kid is defintely a boom

htismaqe
04-17-2005, 01:08 PM
just watch, you'll see

I'm sure we will.

Just like Ashley Lelie, right?

ChiefsCountry
04-17-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm with Tribal Warfare on this one. DJ is going to be a stud.

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm sure we will.

Just like Ashley Lelie, right?

I thought he would be better, but as a point of order I wanted to trade down and get John Henderson instead of Sims

Frankie
04-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Demarcus Ware is going to win multiple Super Bowls all by himself?

I don't think so. He's no Mike Peterson.
No, my post was to point out what would happen IF I WERE THE GM.

Frankie
04-17-2005, 05:50 PM
I see a lot of "drag down tackler" and "not physical at the point of attack" analysis on the pre draft shows. ..
That's why I'm not real excited about getting him either.

Frankie
04-17-2005, 05:51 PM
this kid is defintely a boom
How do you know for sure? :shrug:

htismaqe
04-17-2005, 05:59 PM
How do you know for sure? :shrug:

Because he's Tribal Warfare, prestidigitator and professional talent scout. He says Derrick Johnson is as good as Jack Hamm and Jack Lambert combined.

tk13
04-17-2005, 06:20 PM
I think most of you people are just trying to bash on Tribal Warfare as opposed to actually talking about Derrick Johnson... I've seen a lot of DJ bashing the last few days. I don't know, I watched him play every single time I could find them on TV this year, I think the guy is going to be a stud. He flies around the field, he's around the ball, he can cover and pick balls off, and he can fly around the edge and get to the QB and knock the ball loose. I would agree, his biggest problem is he'll miss a tackle or two, but I think this "not physical" stuff is a little overrated. Ray Lewis himself can be blocked effectively, we all saw that, that doesn't mean Ray Lewis is not a great LB... I think DJ is the absolute safest bet if you want somebody who can come in and contribute to the defense next year, which is when we're actually trying to win a Super Bowl here. Enough of this hybrid crap and converting safeties and DE's and all this other junk to linebackers. We have a hole at weakside linebacker, and here is a guy who may have been the best LB in college football for the last two years, and he naturally slides right into that role, fewer adjustments, no position changes.... we can just take a talented player with great speed and instincts and turn him loose. I think that clearly would be the most sensible move.

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Because he's Tribal Warfare, prestidigitator and professional talent scout. He says Derrick Johnson is as good as Jack Hamm and Jack Lambert combined.

I've called Morton would go down hill after a solid season, I called Green would be a good QB when everyone was calling him TrINT.

I'm calling that DJ will be a stud mark my words

htismaqe
04-17-2005, 07:06 PM
I think most of you people are just trying to bash on Tribal Warfare as opposed to actually talking about Derrick Johnson...

Yep.

That's what happens when you make absolutely assinine comments like comparing Derrick Johnson to a combination of Jack Hamm and Jack Lambert before he's ever played a down of NFL football.

Me personally, I think Johnson will be a superb player and I'd love to have him. But I'm not willing to give up the farm to move up and get him.

htismaqe
04-17-2005, 07:08 PM
I've called Morton would go down hill after a solid season, I called Green would be a good QB when everyone was calling him TrINT.

I'm calling that DJ will be a stud mark my words

Don't worry, your words have been marked.

And seriously, you didn't JUST say that Derrick Johnson would be good. ALL OF US have made predictions similar to the ones you made about Morton and Green.

You compared Johnson to a combination of two of the greatest linebacker to EVER play the game.

ChiefsCountry
04-17-2005, 07:12 PM
The 3 times Carl has moved up or given our first round pick up for a proven player has worked in our favor. Montana in 93, Gonzo in 97, Green in 01. Sims didnt work out in 02 but everyother time has worked. I say move up and get DJ, trading our fist and second should move us up in range to get him. Thats not morgaging the farm.

htismaqe
04-17-2005, 07:15 PM
The 3 times Carl has moved up or given our first round pick up for a proven player has worked in our favor. Montana in 93, Gonzo in 97, Green in 01. Sims didnt work out in 02 but everyother time has worked. I say move up and get DJ, trading our fist and second should move us up in range to get him. Thats not morgaging the farm.

I'm sorry but I can't just let you post this. You can't just throw out Sims like it didn't happen.

Sparhawk
04-17-2005, 08:23 PM
I agree with Rufusmage. I have to say while I don't always agree with him, he always brings up valid points! Further I'd say that if I were the FO I would not trade up beyond a few spots to get DJ, because more than likely Thomas Davis should be there at the #15 spot. He's a punishing, consistent tackler and since he's also played safety & LB in college will likely grasp the coverage schemes more quickly than DJ. DJ also has troubles making straight on tackles and with standing Fullbacks up at the point of attack...A not uncommon issue we've seen numerous times in the past. Davis does not have that problem. He drives opponents backwards. I say get Davis instead. Potentially (and keep in mind I hate that word!) Davis could be as good or better for the Chiefs as Johnson only at a lower price.