PDA

View Full Version : What's your strange habit?

Fried Meat Ball!
04-16-2005, 01:52 AM
Everybody's got one...

I count stairs... not sure why. Found out a couple of years ago my dad does the same thing. It doesn't matter if I've counted the stairs 100 times before, I still count 'em. As a plus, that habit has come in handy when the power's gone out and I had to go down/up stairs when it's pitch black.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-16-2005, 02:13 AM
Come on you people... I know you've got 'em.

BigMeatballDave
04-16-2005, 02:13 AM
Sounds like OCD. Got Paxel?

BigMeatballDave
04-16-2005, 02:15 AM
I did alot of weird shit like that while I was growing up. I used to have to flush urinals 3 times...

Fried Meat Ball!
04-16-2005, 02:17 AM
Sounds like OCD. Got Paxel?
Seriously, I'd say everybody has a few things that could be called OCD. But it certainly isn't disabling... just kind of a funny trait.

luv
04-16-2005, 02:18 AM
I count stairs... not sure why. Found out a couple of years ago my dad does the same thing. It doesn't matter if I've counted the stairs 100 times before, I still count 'em. As a plus, that habit has come in handy when the power's gone out and I had to go down/up stairs when it's pitch black.

I tend to do that too, although I haven't since I've lived here. Odd.

I used to do the same thing with telephone poles while driving (or riding) down the street. Count them as I went by. I always close the closet door before I go to bed. Damn, hard to think of something interesting on the spot. Probably so habitual, I don't realize I'm doing it.

Rausch
04-16-2005, 02:22 AM
I did alot of weird shit like that while I was growing up. I used to have to flush urinals 3 times...

I'm like Eddie Murphy, for some reason if it's a public restroom I have to flush the urinal as soon as the waterworks start. Not after I'm done, while I'm going...

Fried Meat Ball!
04-16-2005, 02:26 AM
I'm like Eddie Murphy, for some reason if it's a public restroom I have to flush the urinal as soon as the waterworks start. Not after I'm done, while I'm going...
I do that too.

BigMeatballDave
04-16-2005, 02:27 AM
I'm like Eddie Murphy, for some reason if it's a public restroom I have to flush the urinal as soon as the waterworks start. Not after I'm done, while I'm going...I do the same shit...
ROFL

LTownChief
04-16-2005, 02:32 AM
whenever I do anything...it has to be in increments of 4. I don't know why, but I would drive myself crazy if I don't do somthine 4 times. I think I have OCD in a way

keg in kc
04-16-2005, 02:33 AM
My strange habit tonight is half-watching a Japanese film (with subtitles). I don't know what it's about, there's a lot of talking (that I don't understand, because the TV is behind me) and it has geishas. I keep turning around hoping for some T&A. But with my luck it'll be a samurai unsheathing his 'sword'.

luv
04-16-2005, 02:34 AM
My strange habit tonight is half-watching a Japanese film (with subtitles). I don't know what it's about, there's a lot of talking (that I don't understand, because the TV is behind me) and it has geishas. I keep turning around hoping for some T&A. But with my luck it'll be a samurai unsheathing his 'sword'.

Sounds more like Murphy's Law than a strange habit to me.

LTownChief
04-16-2005, 02:35 AM
I have so set my alarm clock 4 times every night....I clean my clothes 4 times before I wear them again...I quaddrupple (sp?) beers....its weird

luv
04-16-2005, 02:37 AM
I have so set my alarm clock 4 times every night....I clean my clothes 4 times before I wear them again...I quaddrupple (sp?) beers....its weird

Wash your clothes 4 times before wearing them again? You must have some awesome detergent or some faded and worn out clothes.

luv
04-16-2005, 02:38 AM
quaddrupple (sp?)

quadruple :)

LTownChief
04-16-2005, 02:39 AM
Wash your clothes 4 times before wearing them again? You must have some awesome detergent or some faded and worn out clothes.

I know it will drive me crazy if I don't....it has to be OCD

tk13
04-16-2005, 02:42 AM
whenever I do anything...it has to be in increments of 4. I don't know why, but I would drive myself crazy if I don't do somthine 4 times. I think I have OCD in a way
Must... avoid... raw... hands... joke... :)

I don't know, mine would probably be that if I'm grabbing a newspaper, I always grab the 2nd one out of the stack. People always flip through the top one... I don't think I'd go insane if I didn't do it or anything, it's just something I do.

luv
04-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Must... avoid... raw... hands... joke... :)

ROFL

I don't know, mine would probably be that if I'm grabbing a newspaper, I always grab the 2nd one out of the stack. People always flip through the top one... I don't think I'd go insane if I didn't do it or anything, it's just something I do.

I always do that at the store, never grab the one whatever that is in the front.

Baby Lee
04-16-2005, 05:22 AM
I have a tendency to whistle while riding an elevator. Don't know why, guess it must be some latent apprehension, because I've noticed myself making the same whistle in other stressful situations. I honestly don't consciously feel the apprehension, though.

RedDread
04-16-2005, 06:30 AM
I swerve for any boxes on the side of the road, though I think that's less of a habit and more of a post traumatic stress disorder thing.

As for weird stuff, I don't like having any clothing on my back when I take a crap. This is especially true when I wear a suit, the jacket MUST come off before I sit down on the toilet.

Phobia
04-16-2005, 07:05 AM
I swerve for any boxes on the side of the road, though I think that's less of a habit and more of a post traumatic stress disorder thing.

Yeah, I do the same thing for cats.

I have a habit of highlighting a block of words with my mouse while I'm reading - for no reason at all. The habit is so bad, it made using a cordless mouse financially debilitating due to the batteries I was going through. No joke. I went back to corded very quickly.

Baby Lee
04-16-2005, 07:08 AM
As for weird stuff, I don't like having any clothing on my back when I take a crap. This is especially true when I wear a suit, the jacket MUST come off before I sit down on the toilet.
Costanza!!!

ExtremeChief
04-16-2005, 07:19 AM
I wash my legs

Fried Meat Ball!
04-16-2005, 07:24 AM
Yeah, I do the same thing for cats.

I have a habit of highlighting a block of words with my mouse while I'm reading - for no reason at all. The habit is so bad, it made using a cordless mouse financially debilitating due to the batteries I was going through. No joke. I went back to corded very quickly.
I do that too... I was highlighting it AS I read it. Had to make a conscious decision to let go of the mouse.

seclark
04-16-2005, 07:36 AM
when climbing towers at work, the first thing i do when i get to the top is spit out my chew and put in a fresh one. it's harmless enough, although the rest of my crew at the bottom of the tower isn't real crazy about it.

sec

Coach
04-16-2005, 07:42 AM
when climbing towers at work, the first thing i do when i get to the top is spit out my chew and put in a fresh one. it's harmless enough, although the rest of my crew at the bottom of the tower isn't real crazy about it.

sec

Haha. Skoal or Copenhagen?

wilas101
04-16-2005, 07:46 AM
I have to wash my hands as soon as I wake up in the morning. Even if I head straight to the shower my hands get washed first.

My wife thinks I'm crazy but I contend its a good idea because I don't know if I scratched my ass or my balls while I was sleeping.

Better safe than sorry I say.

Baby Lee
04-16-2005, 07:48 AM

sec
I love dipping, and I love heights, but the thought of dipping a fresh chaw on top of a tower has me dizzy and a little nauseous.

jspchief
04-16-2005, 07:48 AM
I never set alarm clocks at coventional times. For instance, If I want to get up at 6am, I'll set the clock for something like 5:57 or 6:02

Coach
04-16-2005, 07:50 AM
I love dipping, and I love heights, but the thought of dipping a fresh chaw on top of a tower has me dizzy and a little nauseous.

Heh, yeah, same here. I only do it when I am on ground level.

What kind you perfer?

Baby Lee
04-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Heh, yeah, same here. I only do it when I am on ground level.

What kind you perfer?
Skoal almost exclusively, unless someone has some Hawken. Might be ghey, but I'm kind of digging that Skoal Berry stuff of late.

morphius
04-16-2005, 07:59 AM
I never set alarm clocks at coventional times. For instance, If I want to get up at 6am, I'll set the clock for something like 5:57 or 6:02
I do that, 6:32, 6:43... Never ending in a 5 or a 0, even do it when I set the clock for my wife.

Phobia
04-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Thankfully I snuffed that strange habit. I paid for a whole lot of copenhagen advertisements over the years.

Coach
04-16-2005, 08:01 AM
Thankfully I snuffed that strange habit. I paid for a whole lot of copenhagen advertisements over the years.

Heh. Copenhagen really sucks though. I can't stand that stuff.

I guess I perfer Skoal as well.

Rain Man
04-16-2005, 08:32 AM

I want to see this post three more times before I'll believe you.

Rain Man
04-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Hmm. Weird habits...weird habits...

I have a lot of trouble leaving a light on when I leave a room. When I leave our break room at work, I have to fight the urge to turn the light off, even though I know that someone else will probably be in in ten minutes.

I have to touch the stove before I leave the house to make sure that it's off, but I only have to do that if it was used during the previous 24 hours or so.

Other than that stuff, I think I present an image of normalcy to those who don't know me.

Skip Towne
04-16-2005, 08:50 AM
Hmm. Weird habits...weird habits...

I have a lot of trouble leaving a light on when I leave a room. When I leave our break room at work, I have to fight the urge to turn the light off, even though I know that someone else will probably be in in ten minutes.

I have to touch the stove before I leave the house to make sure that it's off, but I only have to do that if it was used during the previous 24 hours or so.

Other than that stuff, I think I present an image of normalcy to those who don't know me.
If you're normal, we're all in trouble.

cdcox
04-16-2005, 10:02 AM
I recycle characters while typing on the computer.

Suppose I want to edit:

"John Elway has a whore's face" to read "John Elway has a horse's face" Rather than deleting the word "whore's" and tying in "horse's" I'll perserve the perfectly good characters h, o, r, e, ' and s and just delete the w and inset the extra s. Never retype a letter if you can find a good one to reuse that you've already typed.

Phobia
04-16-2005, 10:23 AM
I recycle characters while typing on the computer.

Suppose I want to edit:

"John Elway has a whore's face" to read "John Elway has a horse's face" Rather than deleting the word "whore's" and tying in "horse's" I'll perserve the perfectly good characters h, o, r, e, ' and s and just delete the w and inset the extra s. Never retype a letter if you can find a good one to reuse that you've already typed.

I only do that when changing usernames. But, I can't top seedy cocks, so I'll leave it alone.

Frankie
04-16-2005, 10:35 AM
I only keep checks that I've written for bills. Checks for grocery and such I throw away when they come from the bank. Therefore, I find myself going out of my way to write the more important checks on checks with round or otherwise unique numbers.

Uncle_Ted
04-16-2005, 11:09 AM

That's funny ... for me it's 5. If I tap on my desk with a pen I have to do it in groups of 5.

I used to flush urinals while doing my duty, but i stopped that after I got splashed a few times by some over-eager urinals.

Another is the dishwasher ... when I load it everything has to be stacked "spacially efficient" -- the tallest cups go on the deepest rack, the shorter ones on the shallow one, plates all have to be lined up, etc.

badgirl
04-16-2005, 11:16 AM
There is nothing strange about me, not even a habit :p

Uncle_Ted
04-16-2005, 11:17 AM

I had/have the same problem ... my batteries would last about 10 days. I still think something might have been wrong with the mouse though. Either way, I called Logitech to complain and they sent me out a whole new set up for free last week. I'm waiting to see how long the batteries last this time.

I should have bought a rechargeable in the first place.

Baby Lee
04-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Another is the dishwasher ... when I load it everything has to be stacked "spacially efficient" -- the tallest cups go on the deepest rack, the shorter ones on the shallow one, plates all have to be lined up, etc.
That reminds me of another quirk I'd recently noticed about myself. When I eat business lunches on the road by myself, I am very anal about the eating space. Move the condiments over the corner, have my stack of napkins xx inches from my non-fork-wielding hand, stack the dishes/glasses I have finished neatly at the corner of the table, etc. Part of me worries it's OCD, but I've rationalized. I; 1) hate to come across as a messy eater, 2) hate to come across as a difficult customer, 3) like to read the newspaer while I eat [kind of a break from whatever legal wrangling has me travelling this time]. So I just set things up to be as quiet, neat, and unobtrusive as possible.

badgirl
04-16-2005, 11:24 AM
That reminds me of another quirk I'd recently noticed about myself. When I eat business lunches on the road by myself, I am very anal about the eating space. Move the condiments over the corner, have my stack of napkins xx inches from my non-fork-wielding hand, stack the dishes/glasses I have finished neatly at the corner of the table, etc. Part of me worries it's OCD, but I've rationalized. I; 1) hate to come across as a messy eater, 2) hate to come across as a difficult customer, 3) like to read the newspaer while I eat [kind of a break from whatever legal wrangling has me travelling this time]. So I just set things up to be as quiet, neat, and unobtrusive as possible.
speaking of eating habits, my son had a strange one, he used to eat each thing on his plate individually, like all his pot, then all his corn, the something else, he would eat each thing till it was gone then start on another, I haven't noticed if he still does it or not, but he was still doing it 2 years ago when he was still living at home

Baby Lee
04-16-2005, 11:36 AM
speaking of eating habits, my son had a strange one, he used to eat each thing on his plate individually, like all his pot, then all his corn, the something else, he would eat each thing till it was gone then start on another, I haven't noticed if he still does it or not, but he was still doing it 2 years ago when he was still living at home
Oh, when I was little, I ate everything one at a time, and NOTHING COULD TOUCH. Started with the stuff that's demonstrably gross touching [spinach and pudding, apple sauce and beef gravy, etc. . . Oh! And pork'n'beans and cottage cheese, which my dad put together ON PURPOSE!!! Bleechh!!!] and expanded from there. As an 'adult' I'm back under control, but I still don't like gross combos coming into contact with each other. I just am not pedantic about it.

ExtremeChief
04-16-2005, 11:37 AM
The only real quirky thing I do is this: When ever I run over a buried cat with my lawnmower, I always drive around them in a circle three times.

badgirl
04-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Oh, when I was little, I ate everything one at a time, and NOTHING COULD TOUCH

EXACTLY, he done the same thing, I'd forgot about that part, I had to put small portions on his plate to leave space that they wouldn't touch, when he was really little he'd through a fit if his food touched, at 13 he still was eating them one at a time I noticed, but I had quit really paying much attention by then. Strange you had that habit too, I thought he was really being wierd :)

Biohazard
04-16-2005, 11:44 AM
One of the newest of my habits: logging on to the planet about every 30 min, Im a ChiefsPlanet Junkie

badgirl
04-16-2005, 11:45 AM
One of the newest of my habits: logging on to the planet about every 30 min, Im a ChiefsPlanet Junkie
I know what you mean, I have over 3000 posts in 7 months :thumb:

Biohazard
04-16-2005, 11:50 AM
The only real quirky thing I do is this: When ever I run over a buried cat with my lawnmower, I always drive around them in a circle three times.
Thats bull I know extremechief and its four times dont let him lie, he's tryin to make himself look better! :BS:

Phobia
04-16-2005, 11:51 AM

You talking about cats buried up to their neck and giving free flattops?

badgirl
04-16-2005, 11:53 AM
uh oh, don't let Chiefs4me hear you say that. :rolleyes:

but it did make me smile. ROFL

I had not read Endelts thread about the cats when I posted this, just got off of it, sick, sick.
I take my smile back :(

Frankie
04-16-2005, 12:03 PM
There is nothing strange about me, not even a habit :p

That post in itself is pretty strange. ;)

badgirl
04-16-2005, 12:12 PM
That post in itself is pretty strange. ;)
well in that case I guess i do have a strange habits, its posting strange stuff :p

cheeeefs
04-16-2005, 12:25 PM
interesting thread

I do the highlight text thing but have never had a problem with cordless mouse batteries :shrug:

I do the flushing the urinal thing

I can not, can not leave food on a plate. Even if I know I shouldn't finish it because it'll make me sick I have to eat it. I think its from being in a family of 5 living off one income of a South Dakota teacher, not that food was scarce or anything but if you had it you ate it and fast. I guess I also eat incredibly fast too. When I went to basic training most people complained about how fast they had to eat, but I had to actually slow down. Everyone at the table had to get up as soon as the first person was done, and for the first week people hated me for eating so fast and would avoid sitting at my table or directly behind my table. I was ignorant to the entire thing for a while but once I figured it out I just slowed down so they could finish their meals. And I also do the eat one thing at a time thing, but not for any other reason than switching from one thing to the other slows me down.

I'm obsessive about any type of game, I just can't put them down until they have been completely explored/defeated. I can do the same boring game for over 40 hours straight if that's what it takes. I should have never gotten into MMORPG's because they ate me alive. same thing with poker, I've played for over 60 hours before. The most extreme example of the time/boredom factor is when I was deployed I played almost 1000 games of spider solitaire without quitting, over the span of I'm over 24 hours. I can stare at a wall for 8 hours without getting bored.

I love going on long drives, I did 32 hours without stopping except for gas, and the only thing I did was math in my head (I'm no mathematician) but I love to count seconds between mile markers to convert speed, and use that and exactly how many miles are left to my destination to determine when is the exact time I will arrive. I've gone on so many road trips and paid such close attention to speed/time/stops that I've become very accurate at guessing when I'm going to show up. My range of deviation for every 12 hours on the road over my last 6 road trips has been 14.5 minutes. One time on a trip that mapquested at aprox 14 hours I called the person I was visiting when I left and predicted I would show up at 4:07 PM, which was 12 hours 13 minutes and 25 seconds from the time of prediction and I hit it dead on, I was impressed with myself.

that's about it.

Baby Lee
04-16-2005, 12:37 PM
I love going on long drives, I did 32 hours without stopping except for gas
All on the . . . driveway. . . yeah. . . on the driveway.

Wopner!!!!

morphius
04-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Oh, when I was little, I ate everything one at a time, and NOTHING COULD TOUCH. Started with the stuff that's demonstrably gross touching [spinach and pudding, apple sauce and beef gravy, etc. . . Oh! And pork'n'beans and cottage cheese, which my dad put together ON PURPOSE!!! Bleechh!!!] and expanded from there. As an 'adult' I'm back under control, but I still don't like gross combos coming into contact with each other. I just am not pedantic about it.
I used to be exactly the same way, nothing could touch and ate one thing until it was done and moved onto the next.

I'm nowhere near as bad as I used to be, though I still don't like my foods to intermingle and occassionly still will eat one thing until it is gone before starting the next, sometime i have to make a conscious effort to try and take a bite of something else.

cheeeefs
04-16-2005, 12:46 PM
All on the . . . driveway. . . yeah. . . on the driveway.

Wopner!!!!

what movie is that? I'm afraid I don't get the reference.

Baby Lee
04-16-2005, 12:49 PM
what movie is that? I'm afraid I don't get the reference.
Rain Man.

cheeeefs
04-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Rain Man.

Damn, I should have known that one. Shame on me.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Dad used to let me drive slow on the driveway.

ExtremeChief
04-16-2005, 01:39 PM

yep... they really don't act like they appreciate it though.

ExtremeChief
04-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Thats bull I know extremechief and its four times dont let him lie, he's tryin to make himself look better! :BS:

ponycar???? You drive a pinto or something??

ROFL

4th and Long
04-16-2005, 01:53 PM
speaking of eating habits, my son had a strange one, he used to eat each thing on his plate individually, like all his pot
His pot? :eek:

Did you inform him that pot was for smoking and should only be consumed if baked into brownies?

:p

Biohazard
04-16-2005, 03:55 PM
ponycar???? You drive a pinto or something??

ROFLNope, but I thought I would ask you about the one you have sitting on blocks in your yard, there at the trailerpark
:loser:

badgirl
04-16-2005, 03:55 PM
His pot? :eek:

Did you inform him that pot was for smoking and should only be consumed if baked into brownies?

:p
oh I meant potatoes :)

badgirl
04-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Nope, but I thought I would ask you about the one you have sitting on blocks in your yard, there at the trailerpark
:loser:
ROFL rep

chiefs4me
04-16-2005, 04:18 PM

:rolleyes:.....................:harumph:

SNR
04-16-2005, 04:42 PM
I have perfect pitch. It's useful for a lot of things, but say I'm listening to the choir in church, and one of the sopranos is flat with the rest of them, and the baritones are all singing different notes, it will drive me crazy. Most people just say "eww" and continue listening, but not only to I get chills up my spine, cringe, and so forth, but I also make weird expressions with my face. Once our choir sang a "new age" piece where they all sing a random note and waver back and forth for about 10 seconds. The effect in the audience is a surreal mood. For me, my ear was trying to hear each note and it was unable to, since everyone was changing. Someone next to me said I was twitching and tweaking out.

Also, I like to keep my stapler inside my 3-hole puncher on my desk. If someone uses my stapler and puts it back outside the 3-hole puncher, I immediately move it back inside. Someone finally noticed I do that all the time the other day, so they kept moved it back outside.

Mr. Kotter
04-16-2005, 04:53 PM
I often post on the Planet in Super Hero underwear...and nothing else.

4th and Long
04-16-2005, 04:55 PM
I often post on the Planet in Super Hero underwear...and nothing else.
Arent you a little old to still be wearing underoos? :p

SCTrojan
04-16-2005, 05:01 PM
When I am first taking rice out of the rice pot, I'll make the sign of the cross on top.

And in more of a superstition than a habit, I won't gamble at a blackjack table if a blonde woman is dealing.

4th and Long
04-16-2005, 05:02 PM
When I am first taking rice out of the rice pot, I'll make the sign of the cross on top.
Afraid God will smite thee for not paying homage to your rice?
And in more of a superstition than a habit, I won't gamble at a blackjack table if a blonde woman is dealing.
This I gotta hear. Explain that one.

SCTrojan
04-16-2005, 05:08 PM
Afraid God will smite thee for not paying homage to your rice?

This I gotta hear. Explain that one.

Not afraid of smiting, just something my parents did when I was a kid, so I did it and now my kids do it. I'm sure it orginated from my grandparents, who were very religious.

The blonde woman thing - nothing exotic, it just seems like it would be bad luck to gamble when a blonde is dealing. Now that I think of it, I've never even dated a blonde. :hmmm:

4th and Long
04-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Not afraid of smiting, just something my parents did when I was a kid, so I did it and now my kids do it. I'm sure it orginated from my grandparents, who were very religious.
Weird. I mean, I can understand it but still ... weird.
The blonde woman thing - nothing exotic, it just seems like it would be bad luck to gamble when a blonde is dealing. Now that I think of it, I've never even dated a blonde. :hmmm:
That one I still don't get. I could understand if you refused to gamble at a table when the dealer had large breasts or some other distracting quality but, blond hair?

Ari Chi3fs
04-16-2005, 05:16 PM
If I am preparing to work on something creative, I will go to the bathroom and run ice cold water over my head. I learned it from Beethoven. It is an amazing rush.

4th and Long
04-16-2005, 05:17 PM
I learned it from Beethoven.
You're much older than I imagined.

David.
04-16-2005, 05:24 PM

ehh, didn't realize I did that til I read it while it was highlighted.

chiefs4me
04-16-2005, 05:29 PM

Never dated a blonde...well honey you just haven't lived.;)

SCTrojan
04-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Weird. I mean, I can understand it but still ... weird.

That one I still don't get. I could understand if you refused to gamble at a table when the dealer had large breasts or some other distracting quality but, blond hair?

I know they are both strange habits. No explanation, just the way I am. On the plus side, they gave me something to post on this thread.

SCTrojan
04-16-2005, 05:34 PM

You're not the first to say that. If I'm ever single again, I shall have to remedy that situation.

4th and Long
04-16-2005, 05:34 PM
I know they are both strange habits. No explanation, just the way I am. On the plus side, they gave me something to post on this thread.
3 cheers for upping your post count. :clap:

Glad I could help. :D

4th and Long
04-16-2005, 05:35 PM
I double dog dare you to explain that in detail. :D

SCTrojan
04-16-2005, 05:45 PM
I double dog dare you to explain that in detail. :D

I'm sure it's a huge subconscious thing, but I think it's probably some crazy statistical anomaly.

Bob Dole
04-16-2005, 05:54 PM
Bob Dole sniffs his food like Hawkeye Pierce...

4th and Long
04-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Please tell us Bob Dole does not make other people sniff Bob Dole's food to confirm Bob Dole's suspicions about what Bob Dole thinks Bob Dole's food smells like.

cheeeefs
04-16-2005, 07:17 PM
ehh, didn't realize I did that til I read it while it was highlighted.

I only do it because white letters on the blue background generally seem to be easier on my eyes, and I have no idea why that is... it just is.

chiefs4me
04-16-2005, 07:36 PM

ROFL........

milkman
04-16-2005, 07:40 PM
For me, everything has it's place.
Like clothes in my closet.
After I've worn them, and they've been washed, theyt must be hung in exactly the same place, next to exactly the same clothes they were before.

Also, when I eat at fast food restaurants, I have to unfold the napkins I use, and refold them the exact opposite way they were.

And unlike some/most, I love mixing my foods, but I have to get them completely mixed, and my breads/biscuits/buns have to be buttered/jellied before I will take my first bite of food.

badgirl
04-16-2005, 07:42 PM
After I've worn them, and they've been washed, theyt must be hung in exactly the same place, next to exactly the same clothes they were before.

Also, when I eat at fast food restaurants, I have to unfold the napkins I use, and refold them the exact opposite way they were.

And unlike some/most, I love mixing my foods, but I have to get them completely mixed, and my breads/biscuits/buns have to be buttered/jellied before I will take my first bite of food.
sounds more like you have a mental problem called OCD :hmmm:

BigMeatballDave
04-16-2005, 07:44 PM
whenever I do anything...it has to be in increments of 4. I don't know why, but I would drive myself crazy if I don't do somthine 4 times. I think I have OCD in a wayIt was 3s and 5s for me...

milkman
04-16-2005, 07:47 PM
sounds more like you have a mental problem called OCD :hmmm:

Nah, I'm just ****ed up! ROFL

SNR
04-16-2005, 08:14 PM

And unlike some/most, I love mixing my foods, but I have to get them completely mixed, and my breads/biscuits/buns have to be buttered/jellied before I will take my first bite of food.That's another thing. Table setting. It must always be like this: Plate in middle (obviously) with fork and napkin to the right. The napkin must be folded and slightly tucked under the plate with the fork resting on top of the napkin. At the top of the setting on the right side goes the cup. Then on the left side is the knife and spoon. If the setting is different (even in a fine restaurant) I must set it to my way.

tommykat
04-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Not me...........RODL..........you all would say different. :pROFL

milkman
04-16-2005, 08:25 PM
That's another thing. Table setting. It must always be like this: Plate in middle (obviously) with fork and napkin to the right. The napkin must be folded and slightly tucked under the plate with the fork resting on top of the napkin. At the top of the setting on the right side goes the cup. Then on the left side is the knife and spoon. If the setting is different (even in a fine restaurant) I must set it to my way.

Everything has to be on the right, except the napkin, which goes to the left, but can't be touching the plate.

SNR
04-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Not me...........RODL..........you all would say different. :pROFLRolling.... on..... desk? laughing

milkman
04-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Rolling.... on..... desk? laughing

Rolling on derriere laughing. :)

I'm sure I spelled^that wrong.

Phobia
04-16-2005, 09:40 PM
I had not read Endelts thread about the cats when I posted this, just got off of it, sick, sick.
I take my smile back :(

Believe it or not, I hadn't ever seen that thread either.

keg in kc
04-16-2005, 09:43 PM
I have about 25,000 posts on a bulletin board.

|Zach|
04-16-2005, 09:43 PM
I do the random text scrolling like Phil. No rhyme or reason to it.

|Zach|
04-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Whenever I am drinking with friends at Ebbet's Field I eat little packs of crackers every now and then.

Wile_E_Coyote
04-16-2005, 10:04 PM
I don't trust people whose eyes don't match, so I always wear safety glasses when I pick my nose

Fried Meat Ball!
04-17-2005, 07:58 AM
I also have a VERY specific routine for getting ready for work when I get up...

I get up, brush my teeth, get in the shower, wash my body, wash my hair, get out, dry, comb my hair, put in my contacts, put on deoderant, socks, pants, shirt, shoes. It MUST be this routine. It has happened before where I forgot to brush my teeth first, and I got out of the shower to do it, then got back in and picked up my routine.

4th and Long
04-17-2005, 09:35 AM
socks, pants, shirt, shoes. It MUST be this routine.
Dude! For the love of God! Put on some freakin' underwear first!

Fried Meat Ball!
04-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Dude! For the love of God! Put on some freakin' underwear first!
DOH! :banghead:
Underwear before brushing the hair...

Dry, THEN underwear. SO, sorry.

Baby Lee
04-17-2005, 01:29 PM
DOH! :banghead:
Underwear before brushing the hair...

Dry, THEN underwear. SO, sorry.
When does the thigh-high hosiery come in?

Mr. Laz
04-17-2005, 03:22 PM
i eat food cold all the time ... just about anything i like hot, i like cold

why waste time heating it up :)

not that strange i guess.... but many people freak with i eat cold lasagna,french fries or such.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-17-2005, 03:27 PM

not that strange i guess.... but many people freak with i eat cold lasagna,french fries or such.
The cold lasagne is fine, but cold fries? That's kinda weird.

Mr. Laz
04-17-2005, 03:36 PM
The cold lasagne is fine, but cold fries? That's kinda weird.
yea... but it's not just that, it's pretty much any food

cold mashed potatoes,cold steak,hotdogs,hamburgers,corn,beans

:shrug:

you know those cans of cheap Ravoli you can buy ... just open the can and grab a fork. Canned Chili etc is the same.

about the only thing i don't like cold is gravy :Lin:

Baby Lee
04-17-2005, 03:57 PM

:homer: - D'oh! Isn't there anything faster than a microwave?

Fried Meat Ball!
04-18-2005, 07:03 AM
Bump for the regular work crew.

Edubs
04-18-2005, 09:22 AM
masturbation....helps clear my thoughts.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
04-18-2005, 09:38 AM
Whenever I get a Coke or any drink at a drive through or convience store, any cup with the plastic lids that have the buttons on top to press and identify what flavor of drink you have; I HAVE TO push in every one of those buttons every time! And if you are with me and have gotten a drink as well I have to push yours in also! Not sure what the deal is but I can't go without pushing those in.

Another one I have is when I grope my wife I have to feel each breast seperately and then both together; drives her friggin nuts, but if I just feel one and not the other or skip both at the same time I get this unbelievabe feeling on angst and anguish! I need alot of help! LOL

morphius
04-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Whenever I get a Coke or any drink at a drive through or convience store, any cup with the plastic lids that have the buttons on top to press and identify what flavor of drink you have; I HAVE TO push in every one of those buttons every time! And if you are with me and have gotten a drink as well I have to push yours in also! Not sure what the deal is but I can't go without pushing those in.

Another one I have is when I grope my wife I have to feel each breast seperately and then both together; drives her friggin nuts, but if I just feel one and not the other or skip both at the same time I get this unbelievabe feeling on angst and anguish! I need alot of help! LOL
I have a feeling we could really f' you up with a big sheet of bubble wrap. Especially if we pop a couple first.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Boy THAT's weird... I'm the same way with your wife.

Count Zarth
04-18-2005, 12:26 PM
I also have a VERY specific routine for getting ready for work when I get up...

I get up, brush my teeth, get in the shower, wash my body, wash my hair, get out, dry, comb my hair, put in my contacts, put on deoderant, socks, pants, shirt, shoes. It MUST be this routine. It has happened before where I forgot to brush my teeth first, and I got out of the shower to do it, then got back in and picked up my routine.

I always brush my teeth AFTER showering.

First thing I do is take a piss.

bgguitarman
04-18-2005, 12:27 PM
I write things out with my pointer finger on my right hand...usually while driving...For example if I see a sign, I have to write out the words on the sign...The only reason I know I do this is because people notice it while riding with me..so now I'll catch myself doing it.

I have issues.

tyton75
04-18-2005, 01:27 PM
I count steps and have to press the buttons down on fast food cups too

-if you put a sheet of bubble wrap in front of me.. they will all be popped!

Baby Lee
04-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Do you use that 'chicka-chicka-chicka' move to get out of arguments, like Sandler did in Spanglish?

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
04-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Boy THAT's weird... I'm the same way with your wife.

I think I picked up the habit after spending all that time with your Mom. Of course she had the same problem when it came to licking my balls. :thumb:

Fried Meat Ball!
04-18-2005, 08:20 PM
I think I picked up the habit after spending all that time with your Mom. Of course she had the same problem when it came to licking my balls. :thumb:
ROFL

Spott
04-18-2005, 08:35 PM
I tend to eat a lot of mayonnaise. Sometimes I will just eat it straight out of the jar. I also love to dip fries in it and I put a ton of that shit on any sandwich I eat.

I'm not sure if this is strange, but I prefer to dip my burger in ketchup and mayo instead of putting it directly on the burger itself.

Skip Towne
04-18-2005, 08:55 PM

Yeah, she likes the way I do it better.

angel
04-18-2005, 10:21 PM
When I set my alarm, it has to have a 7 in it... usually in the single digit's place. For instance, currently it's set for 6:27. If I had to wake up at 7, it would be set for either 6:57 or 7:07.
I won't let the TV or radio volume level sit at 13. If I casually turn the volume up or down, and it lands on 13, I have to go out of my way to make it 14 or 12.
I also can't stop reading a book before, after or during chapter 13. If I have to go soon, and I'm nearing ch 13, I stop where I am. If I'm nearing the end of ch 13, I have to not only finish it, but read part of ch 14.

Fried Meat Ball!
05-30-2005, 02:44 PM
My wife pointed out that I line shit up when I'm driving... particularly I like to slollom the passing dashes in the road with bug spots on the windshield. I hadn't ever thought of that as strange. :shake:

Rausch
05-30-2005, 02:51 PM

There's one of mine. I can't eat cold meat. Sandwich meat, fine, but not regular meat (hamburger, chicken, turkey, etc.)

If it's meat it has to be fresh or warmed up.

gblowfish
05-30-2005, 03:00 PM
On Chiefs Sundays I have my morning coffee out of my lucky Chiefs coffee mug. I've had it ever since I first started drinking coffee in High School, and I only use it on Chiefs Sundays, There was one morning I didn't use it, and that was the day Derrick Thomas had 7 sacks on Dave Kreig, and we lost on the last play of the game.

I use it every time now. And sometimes it helps (beating the Raiders on Christmas) sometimes it doesn't (losing to Indy in playoffs).

But I've used the exact same coffee cup since around 1976. How bout that?

Bob Dole
05-30-2005, 03:16 PM
Bob Dole sniffs his food.

4th and Long
05-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Bob Dole sniffs his food.
How Hawkeye Pierce-esque of you.

Uncle_Ted
05-30-2005, 03:35 PM

LOL

I do this too, but only the button that applies to my drink.

Prince22
05-30-2005, 03:52 PM
I drink until I pass out. kind of OCD right........ right?

Bob Dole
05-30-2005, 03:52 PM
How Hawkeye Pierce-esque of you.

Bob Dole's ex-MIL said the same thing.

Is your name Patricia?

Count Zarth
05-30-2005, 04:12 PM
My wristwatch is set 7 minutes early. I'm never late!

Rausch
05-30-2005, 04:15 PM
I drink until I pass out. kind of OCD right........ right?

That's got a nice ring to it, and much easier to spell than alcoholic...

Bob Dole
05-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Almost forgot.

Bob Dole steals women's underwear and wears it on his head.

Rausch
05-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Almost forgot.

You have no idea how depressed I was when I found out Kelly LeBrock wasn't compatable with Mac's... :(

ENDelt260
05-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Almost forgot.

I've done that.

Thankfully, later that evening when I had to talk to a police officer I remembered I had panties on my head and pulled them off as he approached.

ChiefFripp
05-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Sometimes when I get excited I cross my eyes and rub my hands together. It really freaks my friends out.