PDA

View Full Version : Draft Projections As Seen By My Hangover

CosmicPal
04-16-2005, 09:53 AM
What I wouldn't mind seeing happen next weekend:

(Assuming KC/Miami pull off a trade for Surtain for this year's 4th and next year's 2nd)

With the 15th pick: Trade to Dallas for their 1st and 3rd round picks.

If still available- David Pollack - DE - Georgia (3-Time All-American) OR Demarcus Ware DE/LB - Troy State (Powerful and quick- finished collegiate career with 29 1/2 sacks)

2nd round: Bryant McFadden - DB - Florida State (Agressive to the ball and rarely gives up scoring plays)

3rd round (From Dallas): Courtney Roby - WR - Indiana (Set virtually every receiving record in the school despite playing with four different QB's)

3rd round (From Philly): Bill Swancutt - DE - Oregon State (Pac 10's co-Defensive player of the year: Holds school record with 37 career sacks).

Draft #2

(Assuming KC and Miami do NOT settle on the Surtain trade)

1. Thomas Davis - S/OLB - Georgia (He's a missile to the ball- strong, fast, and will not miss a tackle)

2. Bryant McFadden - DB - Florida State (Agressive to the ball and rarely gives up scoring plays)

3. Vincent Jackson - WR - Northern Colorado (4.46 speed with a strong showing in the combines helped elevate his status.

So, what do you think?

Bowser
04-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Sounds good, but is Dallas really going to want to trade up with two first round picks?

CosmicPal
04-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Sounds good, but is Dallas really going to want to trade up with two first round picks?

Ahhh, shoot- that's right. I blatantly overlooked they have the #11 pick as well. Well, then maybe Jacksonville or St. Louis.

Tribal Warfare
04-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Derrick Johnson is a must

eazyb81
04-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Please tell me why we need ANOTHER DE, especially in the 1st round? We have a 4 man rotation right now, and like em or not that is the rotation. We are set at DE, what we need is an OLB or a CB (two CBs if we don't get Surtain).

Do you guys think Shawn Merriman can play OLB in a 4-3? He may fall to us if Dallas goes with DeMarcus Ware.

htismaqe
04-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Derrick Johnson is a must

You've lost it.

You're now entering Voyager territory.

Mr. Kotter
04-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Derrick Johnson is a bust

A little soon for such cynicism, wouldn't you say.... :hmmm:

CosmicPal
04-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Please tell me why we need ANOTHER DE, especially in the 1st round?

Simple: Eric Hicks was an undrafted free agent. Pollack is a 3-time All-American and Swancutt himself has had 37 career sacks. You need to put pressure on the QB- not just once or twice a game, but like ALL GAME LONG. Hicks rookie season is over and he will never be that same type of player- it's time to bring someone in to challenge him. Carlos Hall may be that player, but it is not likely.

Demarcus Ware won't be a DE- he'll be a rushing OLB. The guy had a stunning combine. But, here's one thing that everyone seems to forget about Ware: Ware came from Troy State where he was the absolute best player on that defense. Ware was constantly double-teamed and triple-teamed, but the guy still managed to not only make plays, but be THE impact player on defense. He will not be a "tweener" in NFL. He will make that transition nicely. You guys can dream all you want about Derrick Johnson, but he won't fall to us at 15- but there is a good chance Ware will be there, and he'll be just as good, if not better.