PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Movies of All-Time

royr17
04-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Name your favorites. I've got quite a few so, here I go.

Independence Day
Bad Boys
Bad Boys II
Conan the Barbarian
Conan the Destroyer
True Lies
Top Gun
Terminater (all 3 movies)
Rain Man
Major League
Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible 2
Commando
Braveheart
A Man Without A Face

Jenson71
04-16-2005, 04:55 PM
1. The Godfather/The Godfather Part II
3. Raging Bull
4. Manhattan
5. Annie Hall
6. Once Upon a Time in America
7. On the Waterfront
8. Lawrence of Arabia
9. Goodfellas
10. Casablanca

Miles
04-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Jenson

Just a heads up if you havent already seen them, TCM is showing The Grand Illusion and Rules of the Game tonight. I think they will be the fully restored editions as well.

Jenson71
04-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Jenson

Just a heads up if you havent already seen them, TCM is showing The Grand Illusion and Rules of the Game tonight.

Renoir night. I'm getting confirmed so I'll miss Illusion, but I've seen that anyway. Rules of the Game I'll definitely tape, or watch it, depends how tired I am. Thanks though.

KCWolfman
04-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Just finished watching one of my all time favorites, The Treasure of Sierra Madre.

Fantastic film.

MGRS13
04-16-2005, 05:42 PM
The Warriors, say Anything...Hard to say....best I,ve seen this year though....The battle of Algiers and City of God. Both of those were great.

Baby Lee
04-16-2005, 06:22 PM
Rewatchability is a big factor in this list, skewing results away from movies I love, but don't want or need to see over and over.

Animal House
Apocalypse Now
As Good as it Gets
Better Off Dead
The Big Lebowski
Blues Brothers
The Godfather
Fight Club
Jerry McGuire
Kill BIll I & II
Monty Python's Holy Grail
Noises Off
Pulp Fiction
Raising Arizona
Say Anything
School of Rock
South Park - Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
Pink Floyd - The Wall

Ari Chi3fs
04-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Pulp Fiction
Stand By Me
Hard Day's Night
Star Wars - A New Hope
Indiana Jones & The Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Tron
Back to the Future I
Reservoir Dogs
Citizen Kane
Blues Brothers
Fishing With Gandhi
Billy Madison
Monty Python's Holy Grail

SCTrojan
04-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Godfather I & II
The Natural
Kill Bill I & II
Racing with the Moon
Field of Dreams
The Sting
Indiana Jones series
Better off Dead
Last of the Mohicans

CoMoChief
04-16-2005, 06:54 PM

Independence Day
Bad Boys
Bad Boys II
Conan the Barbarian
Conan the Destroyer
True Lies
Top Gun
Rain Man
Major League
Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible 2
Commando
Braveheart
A Man Without A Face

Are you serious? Besides Braveheart all of those movies are terrible. And Major League, Bob Ueker is the man.

CoMoChief
04-16-2005, 06:57 PM
Mine are Pulp Fiction, Big Lebowski, Braveheart, Gladiator, Major League and 2, Hoosiers, Rounders, Blue Chips, and last but not least, Tango and Cash!!!

CoMoChief
04-16-2005, 06:58 PM
Royr17 must be a huge Arnold and Will Smith and Tom Cruise fan.

dilligaf
04-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Theres Something About Mary
Braveheart
Animal House

Over-Head
04-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Two way tie

"Mr. Lucky"
Starring: Cary Grant, Laraine Day (1943)

"Casablanca"
staring Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Paul Henreid, Claude Rains, Conrad Veidt, Peter Lorre (Also 1943)

Woodrow Call
04-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Lonesome Dove
Training Day
World Traveler
A River Runs Through It
Pulp Fiction
Apocalypse Now
The Hurricane
Platoon
Glory
Open Range
We Were Soldiers
Days of Thunder
Fight Club
Tombstone
Dancer Texas Pop 81
Bull Durham
Black Hawk Down
Legends of the Fall

SNR
04-16-2005, 07:25 PM
I think this is the 2,157th time this question has been asked on the Planet.

|Zach|
04-16-2005, 07:28 PM
Whats the matter? I thought Roy's post was on pitch. You shouldn't have had a problem with it. :)

tk13
04-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Good movie. Ending is a bit flat though.

milkman
04-16-2005, 07:38 PM
Tombstone
It's a Wonderful Life
Green Mile

Over-Head
04-16-2005, 07:38 PM
I went to see Sahara last weekend. Great movie, but they butchered Cusslers book at the end.

SNR
04-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Whats the matter? I thought Roy's post was on pitch. You shouldn't have had a problem with it. :)Inter-thread humor.

Gotta love it. Rep.

SNR
04-16-2005, 07:52 PM
I went to see Sahara last weekend. Great movie, but they butchered Cusslers book at the end.That's what I've heard. I'm a huge Cussler fan as well, and even though I've heard that about the movie, I still want to see it on the big screen.

NJ Chief Fan
04-16-2005, 07:54 PM
scarface

Skip Towne
04-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Crocodile Dundee, Jaws, Cookoos Nest

Chiefnj
04-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Off the top of my head: Jaws (#1), Platoon, The Deer Hunter, Braveheart, The Godfather, There's Something About Mary, Animal House, Casablanca, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Caddyshack, ET, Boyz in the Hood.

chiefs4me
04-16-2005, 08:28 PM
There are just to many movies out there for me to pick one.......but if I have to be stranded on an island with only one movie, I will take The Burbs.....:)

|Zach|
04-16-2005, 08:30 PM
There are just to many movies out there for me to pick one.......but if I have to be stranded on an island with only one movie, I will take The Burbs.....:)
Of all the movies you pick the Burbs...

ROFL

http://goldenscore.free.fr/images/burbs.jpg

Nzoner
04-16-2005, 09:24 PM
Se7en
Arsenic & Old Lace
The Godfather The Complete Epic 1902-1958
Manhunter
Requiem For A Dream
Pink Floyd The Wall
Goodfellas
Public Enemy
Fail-Safe
Scarface

SNR
04-16-2005, 09:31 PM
There are just to many movies out there for me to pick one.......but if I have to be stranded on an island with only one movie, I will take The Burbs.....:)You have yet to meet my brother........ THE DOCTOR

Rausch
04-16-2005, 09:39 PM
In no particular order:

The Prophecy
Things to Do In Denver When You're Dead
The United States of Leland
Vanilla Sky
When We Were Kings
Prince of Darkness
S.F.W.
Angel Heart
Strange Days
The Professional
Fight Club

jspchief
04-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Saving Private Ryan
Blackhawk Down
Conan the Barbarian
Excalibur
Swingers
Star Wars
Tommy Boy

Nzoner
04-16-2005, 09:45 PM

Nice.

"I am Godzilla,you are Japan."

Amnorix
04-16-2005, 09:49 PM

Independence Day
Bad Boys
Bad Boys II
Conan the Barbarian
Conan the Destroyer
True Lies
Top Gun
Rain Man
Major League
Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible 2
Commando
Braveheart
A Man Without A Face

Listen -- to each his own and you can love whatever movies you want, etc., but honestly -- alot of those movies range between mediocre and just flat terrible.

I can't quite wrap my brains around either Conan being on anybody's favorite list. If you love Arnie, there are 20 better choices. If you love Fantasy movies, as bad as nearly all of them are, there are still many better choices.

Amnorix
04-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Saving Private Ryan
Blackhawk Down
Conan the Barbarian
Excalibur
Swingers
Star Wars
Tommy Boy

Well, damn, there's Conan again. Maybe it's just me. :shrug:

Rausch
04-16-2005, 09:52 PM
Nice.

"I am Godzilla,you are Japan."

Andy Garcia is an amazing actor as well. He's played a convincing Cuban musician, Mexican drug lord, and God knows how many Italian mobsters and was convincing in every role. To be honest the flick was perfectly cast, great acting all around.

Christopher Walken is the perfect Evil-****head-badguy...

jspchief
04-16-2005, 09:57 PM
Well, damn, there's Conan again. Maybe it's just me. :shrug:I hated the second one, but I love the first. It may be the movie I've watched more than any other movie.

If you're not big on the genre, then it obviously offers little or nothing. To me, in terms of fantasy swordplay type movies, it just hits a homerun.

royr17
04-16-2005, 09:59 PM
There are just way too many that I like for me to name.

royr17
04-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Oh yea the Lethal Weapon movies are pretty good too all four of them, Boomerang in a good movie as is Beverlly Hills Cops and Coming to America.

Like I said just way too many that i like for me to name.

Rausch
04-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Oh yea the Lethal Weapon movies are pretty good too all four of them, Boomerang in a good movie as is Beverlly Hills Cops and Coming to America.

Like I said just way too many that i like for me to name.

Forgot the Eddie Murphy flicks...Great comedian.

Nzoner
04-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Andy Garcia is an amazing actor as well. He's played a convincing Cuban musician, Mexican drug lord, and God knows how many Italian mobsters and was convincing in every role. To be honest the flick was perfectly cast, great acting all around.

Absolutely agree and as for walken,easily one of my fav roles by him.

Miles
04-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Angel Heart

I have a copy of that lying around here but havent gotten around to watching it yet. Sounds pretty damn interesting and Mickey Rourke can be damn good at times.

Rausch
04-16-2005, 10:05 PM
Absolutely agree and as for walken,easily one of my fav roles by him.

The fact that I let someone borrow that movie and they "lost" it is really pissing me off right now...

Rausch
04-16-2005, 10:07 PM
I have a copy of that lying around here but havent gotten around to watching it yet. Sounds pretty damn interesting and Mickey Rourke can be damn good at times.

Probably the best he's ever been (but I have yet to see Sin City.) Harley Davidson and the Malboro Man was pretty good as well (on the Gaz scale.)

|Zach|
04-16-2005, 10:09 PM
I agree, I also think the guy that played the bag guy in Gladiator (I dont know his name) made an amazing bad guy.

Miles
04-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Some off the top of my head.

Unforgiven
Das Boot
Good the Bad and the Ugly
Shawshank Redemption
The Third Man
Rules of the Game
Maltese Falcon
Chinatown
Miller's Crossing
Big Lebowski
Blade Runner
Last of the Mohicans
Wild Strawberries
Mulholland Drive
Die Hard

Amnorix
04-16-2005, 10:10 PM
I hated the second one, but I love the first. It may be the movie I've watched more than any other movie.

If you're not big on the genre, then it obviously offers little or nothing. To me, in terms of fantasy swordplay type movies, it just hits a homerun.

Love fantasy, although the books are generally much better than the movies. But . . . Lord of the Rings doesn't make your list but Conan does?

Princess Bridge isn't too bad in terms of swordplay, although it's obviously fantasy/comedy.

royr17
04-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Forgot the Eddie Murphy flicks...Great comedian.

Yep but still love alot of his movies, Boomerang was funny and so was Comin to America.

|Zach|
04-16-2005, 10:12 PM
Yep but still love alot of his movies, Boomerang
Oh no.

royr17
04-16-2005, 10:13 PM
I hated the second one, but I love the first. It may be the movie I've watched more than any other movie.

Yea I loved the first one and the 2nd was alright, I would rather watch the first then the 2nd though.

One of Arnold worst movie ever is Hurclees in New York.

Miles
04-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Oh no.

Yeah i didnt like that one at all. IMO is was the start of his downfall into not being funny anymore.

royr17
04-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Oh no.

Hey, I saw that movie again today and still love it. Halle Barry is one hot fox in that movie, too bad she cant be my woman. :banghead:

|Zach|
04-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah i didnt like that one at all. IMO is was the start of his downfall into not being funny anymore.
True, Coming To America is great though...underated IMO.

Sexual Choclate!!

Miles
04-16-2005, 10:17 PM
True, Coming To America is great though...underated IMO.

Sexual Choclate!!

Yeah most of his stuff in the 80's was classic. I love Comming to America and especially trading spaces.

jspchief
04-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Love fantasy, although the books are generally much better than the movies. But . . . Lord of the Rings doesn't make your list but Conan does?

Princess Bridge isn't too bad in terms of swordplay, although it's obviously fantasy/comedy.I considered LoTR but didn't list them. I love the movies (have all 3 extended sets), but there is something that leaves me wanting. For one thing, there is very little individual fighting, The massive battles are awesome, but they don't focus on the individuals enough, and when they do it's often corny (like most of the shots of Gimli and Legolas in battle).

The first Conan has a very hard edge to it that I really like. That's why I don't care for the second one. They softened it up to make it PG-13 and it lost something. There are very few fantasy movies that are rated R. Conan and Excalibur are two that are better for it IMO. I need the brutality.

Another one in that genre that almost made my list is Troy. When I saw it it the theater, I was pleased but not blown away. Now I've watched it on DVD and it has really grown on me. The battle between Hector and Achilles is just outstanding.

|Zach|
04-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah most of his stuff in the 80's was classic. I love Comming to America and especially trading spaces.
Oh man, I love that movie...

Rausch
04-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Oh man, I love that movie...

"I wash my hands BEFORE I touch my penis..."

Rausch
04-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Love fantasy, although the books are generally much better than the movies. But . . . Lord of the Rings doesn't make your list but Conan does?.

I was never into the books and have to say the trilogy (movies) didn't impress me.

Acting was pretty good, CGI and special effects were amazing, but the ending ruined it for me.

keg in kc
04-16-2005, 10:36 PM
I could make a list that goes on forever. Lately I've been trying to catch up on older films I haven't seen. Russ mentioned Sierre Madre, that was pretty good. I finally caught The Good, the Bad and the Ugly a few weeks ago, but for some reason I had trouble getting into it. The pacing wasn't right for me. Can't think of anything new I've caught lately.

carlos3652
04-16-2005, 10:40 PM
I cant believe only one person mentioned Swingers... best movie ever...

Swingers
Animal House
Goonies
Top Gun
Fight Club
Rounders
Scarface
Go
Dazed and Confused
Nueve Reinas (Argentina Film)
Debbie Does Dallas (2000 and the Revenge)

Miles
04-16-2005, 10:44 PM
I was never into the books and have to say the trilogy (movies) didn't impress me.

Acting was pretty good, CGI and special effects were amazing, but the ending ruined it for me.

Yeah thats petty much how i saw them. I though the first two were enjoyable enough for the same reasons you gave, but the third one ruined it for me. To many things got irritating, not to mention it wouldnt f*cking end.

Count Alex's Wins
04-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Snoops Diary of a Pimp
Briana Loves Jenna
Jenna Loves Rocco
Bad Wives
Tera Patrick Aka!
Devon Stripped
Where the Boys Arent
Tera Patrick Exposed #2
Seymore Butts
Fade to Black
Fade 2 Black
My Plaything Silvia Saint
Culo Caliente!

Jenson71
04-16-2005, 11:36 PM
I don't think there's a finer director than Fellini. His films are just so much fun. I really can't get enough of him. La Strada or La Dolce Vita are my favorites of his. I watched I Vitelloni yesterday, and I loved that too. The more I see of this guy, the more I like, and the first Fellini I ever saw (La Dolce Vita), I was hooked.

Darkwolfe
04-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Snoops Diary of a Pimp
Briana Loves Jenna
Jenna Loves Rocco
Bad Wives
Tera Patrick Aka!
Devon Stripped
Where the Boys Arent
Tera Patrick Exposed #2
Seymore Butts
Fade to Black
Fade 2 Black
My Plaything Silvia Saint
Culo Caliente!

I'm neither surprised nor impressed. :shake:

Count Alex's Wins
04-16-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm neither surprised nor impressed. :shake:

It's a joke, fool. Here's my real top 10 list:

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
The Shawshank Redemption
Back to the Future
Predator
Terminator 2
Braveheart
Rudy
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Lord of the Rings (I refuse to single out one :harumph: )

Darkwolfe
04-16-2005, 11:42 PM
True Grit
Rooster Cogburn
Midway
Independence Day
The Road Movies (Hope and Crosby, comedy just hasn't been that good since they left us)
The Lord of the Rings (All 3 Extended)
Highlander (Director's cut)
X-Men 1 & 2
MIB

Geez.. I could keep going since I tend to watch a mix of things, but that's enough. :p

Darkwolfe
04-16-2005, 11:43 PM
It's a joke, fool. Here's my real top 10 list:

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
The Shawshank Redemption
Back to the Future
Predator
Terminator 2
Braveheart
Rudy
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Lord of the Rings (I refuse to single out one :harumph: )

If it's a joke that's all very well and good, but don't call me fool. You don't know me well enough to make that judgement.

Count Alex's Wins
04-16-2005, 11:43 PM
True Grit
Rooster Cogburn
Midway
Independence Day
The Road Movies (Hope and Crosby, comedy just hasn't been that good since they left us)
The Lord of the Rings (All 3 Extended)
Highlander (Director's cut)
X-Men 1 & 2
MIB

Geez.. I could keep going since I tend to watch a mix of things, but that's enough. :p

For a second I thought you had Men in Black 2 on there...I was about to kill you.

Darkwolfe
04-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Nah, MIB 2 was funny, but not that funny.

Count Alex's Wins
04-16-2005, 11:45 PM
If it's a joke that's all very well and good, but don't call me fool. You don't know me well enough to make that judgement.

ROFL

Top 10 is so stupid anyway, I have a bunch of other movies I adore:

The Searchers
Man With No Name Trilogy
Gladiator
Jurassic Park
Highlander
The Hudsucker Proxy

Miles
I don't think there's a finer director than Fellini. His films are just so much fun. I really can't get enough of him. La Strada or La Dolce Vita are my favorites of his. I watched I Vitelloni yesterday, and I loved that too. The more I see of this guy, the more I like, and the first Fellini I ever saw (La Dolce Vita), I was hooked.

Damn i reallly need to check those out then. I have only seen 8 1/2 so far. I have La Dolce Vita siting around but havent gotten around to it since its fairly long.

Count Alex's Wins
Nah, MIB 2 was funny, but not that funny.

It was funny, but not even close to the original.

Jenson71
04-16-2005, 11:58 PM
Damn i reallly need to check those out then. I have only seen 8 1/2 so far. I have La Dolce Vita siting around but havent gotten around to it since its fairly long.

Yes, please do so. I saw Persona in my time off too. It definitely needs a second rewatching, but I was really into the whole thing and really liked it. I'll be watching this again, soon. :thumb:

How about that nail in the palm? I bout threw up.

Amnorix
04-17-2005, 12:22 AM

I might recommend applying some skin thickener if you want to last around here. Just sayin'...

penchief
04-17-2005, 12:25 AM
In no particular order:

The Prophecy
The United States of Leland
Vanilla Sky
When We Were Kings
Prince of Darkness
S.F.W.
Angel Heart
Strange Days
The Professional
Fight Club

Angel Heart is an excellent movie. One of the more overlooked movies, in my opinion. Mickey Rourke is awesome in that movie. By the way, you have good taste.

Off the top of my head (I always remember several of my favorites after posting on threads like this), I'd have to say:

Apocolypse Now
The Godfather
(I like Coppola's work)
It's a Wonderful Life
Animal House
The Deerhunter
One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
Angel Heart
Chinatown
Platoon
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The Conversation

KCWolfman
04-17-2005, 09:14 AM
I realize I am probably a country rube, and I really like Fellini, but my favorite director of all time by far is John Huston. His simple pans and great breaks and holds always enthrall me. I can't think of a single film of his that was not at least very good and usually great.

Key Largo
The Asphalt Jungle
The African Queen
The Red Badge of Courage
Beat the Devil
The Man Who Would be King
The Night of the Iguana
The Misfits
The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean
Prizzi's Honor
Phobia
The Misfits

Even his films that were poorly written came out as good entertainment
The Barbarian and the Geisha
Under the Volcano
We Were Strangers
Casino Royale

Idahojim
04-17-2005, 10:14 AM
To me, the finest film ever made was Charlie Chaplin's "Modern Times." If you haven't see it, you've missed something special.

After that I go with John Ford's "The Quiet Man" with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara.

Then it's "The African Queen," Hitchcock's "North by Northwest" and back to John Ford and John Wayne again in "The Searchers."

Hate to say it, but for the current crop of films, they just don't measure up. It's like comparing anyone in rock today with the Beatles. It's hard to measure up to early genius and creativity.

DeepPurple
04-17-2005, 10:25 AM
I've been reading this board for a couple of years since it's one of the few football boards that allows so many off topics and the Chiefs are one of the teams besides my Ravens that I like, especially since I hate the Raiders. I'll be turning 55 in July and have noticed the generation gap starting to widen but I'm still young at heart and this board is a good place to learn what's going on. I usually don't post but movies are my favorite passion besides football. Here's my list:

The Wizard of Oz
Gone with the Wind
The Best Years of our Lives
Citizen Kane
High Noon
The Caine Mutiny
12 Angry Men
Rebel Without a Cause
Vertigo
Rear Window
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Psycho
Dr. Strangelove
On the Beach
Splendor in the Grass
In Cold Blood
Bonnie & Clyde
Mash
Deliverance
Bullitt
Dirty Harry
Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid
The French Connection
Easy Rider
The Graduate
The Wild Bunch
The Godfather I & II
American Graffitti
Exorcist
Chinatown
Jaws
Heaven Can Wait
One Flew over the Cuckcoo's Nest
Network
Dog Day Afternoon
Taxi Driver
Alien
Caddyshack
Aliens
Apocalypse Now
Being There
Animal House
Urban Cowboy
Airplane
Blood Simple
Body Double
Raising Arizona
Hoosiers
The Silence of the Lambs
Shawshank Redemption
Fargo
Forest Gump
Seven
Saving Private Ryan
O Brother Where Art Thou
Gladiator
American Beauty
Collateral
Bourne (both)
Sideways

SNR
04-17-2005, 10:31 AM
I am proud to say I have not seen a single LOTR movie, nor read any of the books.

I am individual. I am special. I am worth.

Jenson71
04-17-2005, 11:05 AM
I realize I am probably a country rube, and I really like Fellini, but my favorite director of all time by far is John Huston.

Love his movies, especially his first, The Maltese Falcon. Also worth mentioning is his fantastic Noah Cross in Chinatown.

To me, the finest film ever made was Charlie Chaplin's "Modern Times." If you haven't see it, you've missed something special.
After that I go with John Ford's "The Quiet Man" with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara.
Then it's "The African Queen," Hitchcock's "North by Northwest" and back to John Ford and John Wayne again in "The Searchers."

This is good, very different. I've always considered City Lights to be one of the greatest ever made, and certainly his best.

The Quiet Man, I honestly did not care for it too much, although, obviously, the use of color is very impressive.

Love those last three.

Count Alex's Wins
04-17-2005, 04:15 PM
I am proud to say I have not seen a single LOTR movie, nor read any of the books.

I am individual. I am special. I am worth.

You are missing out.

Count Alex's Wins
04-17-2005, 04:31 PM
I noticed we only had one Lawrence of Arabia mention in this thread. I'm not a huge fan of the film but I LOVE the soundtrack.

CosmicPal
04-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Movies That Make CosmicPal Laugh Without A Care In The World

1. Sideways - intelligent, raw, and absolutely hilarious.

2. Animal House - The college movie all college movies model themselves after.

3. Shaun of the Dead - British humor at it's best.

4. This is Spinal Tap - The best rockumentary film ever made.

5. Office Space - The characters make this one of the funniest films ever.

6. There's Something About Mary - The best of the dumbing down genre

7. Caddyshack - Crude, rude, fun.

8. Better off Dead - One of the funniest films about the difficulties of being a teenager.

9. Fast Times at Ridgemont High - The absolute funniest film regarding high school.

10. Dazed and Confused - The absolute funniest film regarding the LAST day of high school.

11. Old School - The Animal House for the century.

12. Best in Show - My favorite of the mockumentaries

13. A Mighty Wind - A great mocumentary on folk music.

14. Weird Science- Hilarious 80's film about two kids who build their own super model.

15. Airplane! - Quite possibly the funniest movie of all time- full of some of the rudest and best one-liners.

Favorite Movies That Make CosmicPal Sit Back And Let The Drama Unfold

1. Jaws - Quite possibly the scariest movie of all-time.

2. Apocalypse Now - Brutal, psychotic thriller in Vietnam.

3. Forrest Gump - Funny, heartbreaking, and simply classic.

4. Shawshank Redemption - A lock for one of the greatest movies of all-time.

5. It's A Wonderful Life - Yea, it's a cheesy holiday film, but you ain't human if haven't cried at the end.

6. Braveheart - The best film about giving-it-all for everything that means something to you.

7. Fargo - Often hilarious, but seriously a great thriller in the Northern Midwest.

8. Saving Private Ryan - The first 20 mins of this film are quite possibly the greatest and most disheartening 20 mins you'll see on film.

9. Platoon - One of the best films on Vietnam.

10. Full Metal Jacket - Also, one of the best films on life in war, period.

11. Almost Famous - A great film about the life of Cameron Crowe as a teenager wanting to be a writer.

12. Mystic River - Superb acting and a great story- too long at times, but still a great movie.

13. Blood Simple - One of the most overlooked movies from the 80's drama.

14. American Beauty - The greatest film about a man and his mid-life crisis.

15. Big Fish - Quirky and entertaining. Excellent performances by Albert Finney and Ewan McGregor steal this show.