PDA

View Full Version : I got my Star Wars Episode III Tickets!

DaneMcCloud
04-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Call me a geek, but I got tickets for the 12:00pm (noon) showing at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood on May 19th. The 12 midnight show was sold out already. I hope this movie is the one we've waited for...

penguinz
04-16-2005, 09:52 PM
Dork

Rausch
04-16-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm relying on this one to salvage the prequels...

beer bacon
04-16-2005, 09:56 PM
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD.

That said, I hope this one makes up for the last two, and congrats on the tickets.

4th and Long
04-16-2005, 09:58 PM
gochiefs will be oh so envious of you. Then again, he may be a tad pissed that you got tickets before he did and come over to your house and cut off your head with his light sabre.

RINGLEADER
04-16-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm relying on this one to salvage the prequels...

Me too. Hopefully it will be good enough that we can pretend Episodes One and Two didn't exist.

In hindsight it does look like Lucas tried to stretch out a single movie into three...But I also don't have high hopes for his dialogue...The kids made me watch Clone Wars last night and all of the stuff with 3PO in the droid factory is just wretched...as are the love scenes...and the sequence with the fat cook...and the scenes in the Jedi library...and the Dooku-Yoda fight...and all of Anakin's "cranky" scenes...Other than that it was still pretty average...

Rausch
04-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Me too. Hopefully it will be good enough that we can pretend Episodes One and Two didn't exist.

In hindsight it does look like Lucas tried to stretch out a single movie into three...But I also don't have high hopes for his dialogue...The kids made me watch Clone Wars last night and all of the stuff with 3PO in the droid factory is just wretched...as are the love scenes...and the sequence with the fat cook...and the scenes in the Jedi library...and the Dooku-Yoda fight...and all of Anakin's "cranky" scenes...Other than that it was still pretty average...

As far as entertainment value, Yoda going spaz and all Jedi in 2 was pretty good. I laughed my azz off.

But I look at it a little different being a history buff and knowing it's mostly a commentary on WWII (centered on Nazi Germany and Hitler.)

KC Jones
04-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Congratulations!

I remember feeling really excited about getting tickets to see the Rolling Stones and some other great bands back in the day. Clearly, the world is a different place if people get amped up about "scoring" tickets to see a movie.

For the record - yeah, I'm an asshole :evil:

royr17
04-16-2005, 10:20 PM
I regret to inform you, message let out by the Texas Police Department, that gochiefs has been sentenced to death for cuttin DaneMcCloud's head off with a light saber cause he got tickets to the new Star Wars hit.

SBK
04-16-2005, 10:23 PM
My geek meter is pegged so hard it's gonna break....

Count Alex's Losses
04-16-2005, 10:53 PM
I don't care that anyone got tickets before me. But I am going to go check my theatre's site now to see if I can get mine yet...

Count Alex's Losses
04-16-2005, 10:54 PM
But I look at it a little different being a history buff and knowing it's mostly a commentary on WWII (centered on Nazi Germany and Hitler.)

Um, that's certainly not the saga's MAIN goal. It's a by-product.

the Talking Can
04-16-2005, 10:58 PM
yea!...part three in the trilogy "Worst ****ing movies ever made"