PDA

View Full Version : Green Day American Idiot Tour

DaKCMan AP
04-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Opened last night in Miami and played tonight in Orlando. Muy excelente! Very good. They played music from the album as well as some of their older stuff. The opening act, My Chemical Romance, wasn't that great. However, Green Day's set lasted roughly 1hr 45mins to 2hrs. Packed house, energized fanbase and a rockin show that I wont forget anytime soon!

alanm
04-16-2005, 11:39 PM
I wish they were coming to Denver.

dilligaf
04-17-2005, 01:37 AM
Are they coming to Boise? I would love to see them.

DaKCMan AP
04-17-2005, 05:37 AM
for tour dates go to http://www.greenday.com/greenday.html and click on "Tour"

Bob Dole
04-17-2005, 06:11 AM
Kind of interesting that Green Day gets responses but:

Trey Anastasio, The Wallflowers, Jack Johnson, Tommy Castro, Mavis Staples, Ozomatli, Switchfoot, Gavin DeGraw, Nickel Creek, W.C. Clark, Ingram Hill, Popa Chubby, Bowling for Soup, Carey Bell, Seether, American Hi-Fi, Yo Gotti, Michael Tolcher, Egypt Central, Nelly, The Killers, Los Lonely Boys, Guitar Shorty, Jonny Lang, Jerry Lee Lewis, Collective Soul, John Mooney, Tesla, K.C. & the Sunshine Band, Crossfade, Al Kapone, North Mississippi Allstars, Spin Doctors, Alvin Youngblood Hart's Muscle Theory, Hubert Sumlin & Willie Big Eyes Smith, Little Feat, Ricky Warwick, Nigel Mooney, Todd Snider, Particle, Pinetop Perkins & Willie Big Eyes Smith, Robert Belfour, Will Graves, Breaking Point, Sarah McLachlan, The Black Crowes, The Roots, Billy Idol, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Bobby 'Blue' Bland, Elvis Costello, War, James Cotton Blues Band, Lisa Marie Presley, Chevelle, Medeski Martin & Wood, Robert Jr. Lockwood, Ike Turner & The Kings of Rhythm, Bloodthirsty Lovers, E.G. Kight, Ben Kweller, Kenny Brown, Relient K, and Billy Lee Riley don't...

alanm
04-17-2005, 07:02 AM

Trey Anastasio, The Wallflowers, Jack Johnson, Tommy Castro, Mavis Staples, Ozomatli, Switchfoot, Gavin DeGraw, Nickel Creek, W.C. Clark, Ingram Hill, Popa Chubby, Bowling for Soup, Carey Bell, Seether, American Hi-Fi, Yo Gotti, Michael Tolcher, Egypt Central, Nelly, The Killers, Los Lonely Boys, Guitar Shorty, Jonny Lang, Jerry Lee Lewis, Collective Soul, John Mooney, Tesla, K.C. & the Sunshine Band, Crossfade, Al Kapone, North Mississippi Allstars, Spin Doctors, Alvin Youngblood Hart's Muscle Theory, Hubert Sumlin & Willie Big Eyes Smith, Little Feat, Ricky Warwick, Nigel Mooney, Todd Snider, Particle, Pinetop Perkins & Willie Big Eyes Smith, Robert Belfour, Will Graves, Breaking Point, Sarah McLachlan, The Black Crowes, The Roots, Billy Idol, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Bobby 'Blue' Bland, Elvis Costello, War, James Cotton Blues Band, Lisa Marie Presley, Chevelle, Medeski Martin & Wood, Robert Jr. Lockwood, Ike Turner & The Kings of Rhythm, Bloodthirsty Lovers, E.G. Kight, Ben Kweller, Kenny Brown, Relient K, and Billy Lee Riley don't...
Well, none of these guys have recently won a Grammy for best Album of the Year. :)

KCWolfman
04-17-2005, 07:55 AM

Actually, I have seen several noted above and commented on this board

Wallflowers were horrible opening for Mellencamp a few years ago
DeGraw I have seen 3 times, was good in the smaller forums but only average at the City Market
Johnny Lang was one of the best shows I had seen in my entire life when it comes to strictly talent applied
North Mississippi All Stars I will be seeing for the first time in June
Elvis Costello is good even when you are freezing your butt off in an early winter in September
Ike Turner was creepy because of his Tina lookalike that performed halfway through his show
I will be seeing Robert Randolph in June as well
Ben Kweller I would love to see live sometime.

Green Day is alright, but 32 year old punk rockers still angry at the world just doesn't seem legit to me. It is nice they caught the commerical crowd and make some real change.

BTW - One band I would love to see again and I have never seen discussed is Virginia Coalition. They were a blast in the Beaumont

the Talking Can
04-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Green Day = GAP punk

I saw the Pixies on Austin City Limits last night...unreal, their music still sounds new...and I want to have phone sec with Kim Deal for 1000 years, her voice....

Bob Dole
04-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Well, none of these guys have recently won a Grammy for best Album of the Year. :)

Maybe not, but you can see them all in one place in less than 2 weeks.

morphius
04-17-2005, 09:28 AM
I seem to remember Tesla being talked about on this BB at least a few times.

jAZ
04-17-2005, 09:30 AM
My wife and I were talking about past/present/future one-hit-wonder bands...

I had to admit, that even thought I had and loved Green Day's 1st mainstream album (and had pirated copies of their two prior albums)... I had to admit that I was shocked to see them still making meaningful, wildly-popular albums today.

I thought they had 1-hit-wonder written all over them.

I was wrong.

Bob Dole
04-17-2005, 09:46 AM
I seem to remember Tesla being talked about on this BB at least a few times.

Bob Dole's point (apparently lost) was that not a single person replied to the Memphis in May/Beale St. Music Festival topic.

NewChief
04-17-2005, 09:49 AM

Memphis in May lineup, right?

DaKCMan AP
04-17-2005, 09:53 AM

The Wallflowers, Jack Johnson, Ozomatli, Switchfoot, Bowling for Soup, Seether, American Hi-Fi, The Killers, Los Lonely Boys, Collective Soul, Chevelle and Relient K aren't bad.

Especially Collective Soul, one of my all-time favorites and a band that has been moving higher and higher on my list are The Killers. Jack Johnson's new album is pretty good too, picked that up a couple of weeks ago.

alanm
04-17-2005, 09:57 AM
Bob Dole's point (apparently lost) was that not a single person replied to the Memphis in May/Beale St. Music Festival topic.
Well, you didn't mention that until now. Sounds like a good show.

Bob Dole
04-17-2005, 09:57 AM
Memphis in May lineup, right?

Ding ding ding.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114306

Jenson71
04-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Oh yeah, well Bob Dylan's coming to Cedar Rapids on July 9th.

PBJ

FloridaChief
04-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Well, you didn't mention that until now. Sounds like a good show.

It would be nice if that asshole would post a thread about it. Apparently some people don't know how to generate publicity. Too bad...

morphius
04-17-2005, 11:11 AM
Maybe because it is in Memphis, and you didn't list all the bands playing in the thread? Of course what do I know, nobody replies to my threads.

NewChief
04-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Ding ding ding.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114306

Yeah, I checked the lineup just last week. Looks like they've got some excellent bands playing. Very eclectic lineup as well. I'd love to go, but it ain't gonna happen.

OrlandoChief
04-17-2005, 11:16 AM
I was at the Green Day show last night too. It was pretty good. They played almost all the songs I wanted to hear. I was a little suprised by the number of kids that were there though. I noticed a lot of 10-14 year olds, or maybe I am just getting old...

Bowser
04-17-2005, 12:31 PM
They have Newfound Glory opening in KC for them.

DaKCMan AP
04-17-2005, 01:27 PM
They have Newfound Glory opening in KC for them.

That will be a great show!