PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone ripping Siavii ? Good player !

Ninjaman
04-17-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't believe Siavii was a reach at all. His teammate went a few picks just ahead of him.

Stop attacking Siavii. He could be big this season .

He showed some moments of being a great player.

He's a load for opposing teams. He got nicked up a little and didn't see the field.

JimNasium
04-17-2005, 06:25 PM
This should be fun to watch.

Phobia
04-17-2005, 06:27 PM
I don't believe Siavii was a reach at all. His teammate went a few picks just ahead of him.

There's a good reason.

I'm on the wait and see jury with Siavii, but I can understand the disappointment. I don't think he's proven a thing yet.

From what I understand, he's a mental case, too.

Count Alex's Wins
04-17-2005, 06:30 PM

Where did you get this?

Phobia
04-17-2005, 06:35 PM
Where did you get this?

Don't remember for certain. It was a recent report that stated the Chiefs have him under psychiatric care. If the search function worked....

htismaqe
04-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Where did you get this?

He has some violence-related legal problems, I believe.

JimNasium
04-17-2005, 06:41 PM
If you say that about him again I'm gonna kick your ass.

Count Alex's Wins
04-17-2005, 06:41 PM

Wasn't that all a bunch of crap from some woman before the draft?

HemiEd
04-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Heck, the guy went through a bunch just to find a place to eat and sleep when he got here. I truly think once he has a chance to get acclimated he will be a force. :thumb:

BigVE
04-17-2005, 06:45 PM

He's a load for opposing teams. He got nicked up a little and didn't see the field.

I felt the same way LAST year about Wilkerson. I thought for sure that another year and a Gunther would do wonders for this kid....nope. I still have hope that Wilkerson AND Siavii will "grow into" our defense and live up to the hype. Remember the story on Wilkerson? Supposedly if he had stayed in school another year he was "potentially" a top 10-15 pick. Still waiting. I think Siavii will be a starter some day.

htismaqe
04-17-2005, 06:46 PM
If you say that about him again I'm gonna kick your ass.

ROFL

dtrain
04-17-2005, 06:49 PM

At least it wasn't trying to jump thru a Taco Bell drive thru window! Something he can use on the field.

Logical
04-17-2005, 06:57 PM

You are merely fantasizing, he was a project when we drafted him and Vermiel himself said it would likely be three years before he paid dividends.

NaptownChief
04-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Are we talking about Eddie Siavii or Junior Sims?

cdcox
04-17-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm confused. Is it really possible that a whole hour-and-a-half has passed without someone making a quit f'n doubting joke or has it just been done so much that it isn't funny any more?

htismaqe
04-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Are we talking about Eddie Siavii or Junior Sims?

Eddie Freeman was the one guy I really thought would be something. He was absolutely monster in college...

GMitch
04-17-2005, 08:27 PM
I'm confused. Is it really possible that a whole hour-and-a-half has passed without someone making a quit f'n doubting joke or has it just been done so much that it isn't funny any more?

Yes.

Big Chief Homer
04-17-2005, 08:34 PM
Stop pickin' on Junior :deevee: :deevee:

Come on he was not worthy of where we drafted him.He would have been there in round 3 or 4 if they really wanted him.Im not even sure Kris wilson was worthy of the 2nd rounder we spent on him.DV has said as mentioned before he was a raw project.

How can you tell hes a good player?he barely played at all last year and I think he played like what 16 games in college.

Total project,lets just hope he stays healthy before you start crying he was a good pick up.

Rausch
04-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Jr wasn't just raw, he'd hardly played any football. He's got to not only adapt to the NFL level of competition but learn the game while doing it.

DV's probably right, it will take years. Some guys play all 4 years of college and still don't adapt their first or second year in the NFL...

go bowe
04-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Jr wasn't just raw, he'd hardly played any football. He's got to not only adapt to the NFL level of competition but learn the game while doing it.

DV's probably right, it will take years. Some guys play all 4 years of college and still don't adapt their first or second year in the NFL...it might be years before he reaches his potential, if he ever does (and i'm hoping that he does)...

but he's already in the playing rotation at dt...

i expect big things from the little guy...

i really do...

one good thing about playing d-line for gunther, it's almost all go forward and no read and react bullshit (which takes longer for a dt to learn, i would think)...

that should work in junior's favor...

TRR
04-17-2005, 09:15 PM
I really think KC's plan was to trade out of the first round, and draft Igor Olshansky with that pick. When SD nabbed him right before us, KC hit the panic button, and took the next best DT on the board.

Eddie Freeman looks dominating in NFL Europe. He is just so big, I can't imagine why we couldn't have found a spot for him.

alanm
04-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Eddie Freeman was the one guy I really thought would be something. He was absolutely monster in college...
I don't know what the hell happened with Freeman. I really thought he played better the times he was in the game as compared to Sims. I think he got in Vermeils doghouse and was never able to get out. I watched him last night in a NFLE game. He was playing for the Rhein Fire IIRC. He was tearing it up. Guess the Panthers thought he needed playing time and to maybe send a message that this is his last shot with them. Freemans got talent to play in the NFL. And if he wanted to be he'd probably develope into a John Browning type player. Nothing flashy but solid. He's gotta be a lazy ass and a malcontent or something. I really don't know much about Junior and any off field issues related to him. But when Gunther stuck him in games last fall I thought he played damn well. He had a few highlight tackles for losses in the 2nd Denver game and a few plays against Oakland the 2nd time around as well. Didn't he screw up his hammy or something like that early in the season? I thought he needed to be on the field more and get more PT. The guy is strong and can bury centers with his strength. And he's quick for a guy his size. I think he ends up starting this fall. :thumb:

Rain Man
04-17-2005, 10:10 PM

Keep f'n doubting has been overdone, but Quit f'n doubting is an entirely new and fresh angle.

LiL stumppy
04-17-2005, 10:15 PM
There's a good reason.

I'm on the wait and see jury with Siavii, but I can understand the disappointment. I don't think he's proven a thing yet.

You can tell that by looking at him.

Brock
04-17-2005, 10:22 PM

Hell, he probably will. It just won't be for KC.

:bracing for this year's f*ckup:

NJ Chief Fan
04-17-2005, 10:43 PM
I really think KC's plan was to trade out of the first round, and draft Igor Olshansky with that pick. When SD nabbed him right before us, KC hit the panic button, and took the next best DT on the board.

kcs plan was to block the raiders from drafting a rb and take any live body that has played football at least once in their lives

keg in kc
04-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Eddie Freeman was the one guy I really thought would be something. He was absolutely monster in college...That was the only draft I've liked (the day of) since I started following the team. Which demonstrates to a tee why what anybody thinks on draft day is irrelevant: for most draft services that year Sims was a consenus top DT and Freeman was expected to go in the first but so far they've both been busts.

At the end of the day, the names don't matter, the colleges don't matter, the pedigree doesn't matter, the projections don't matter, all that matters is the end result.

David.
04-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Ninja, you have to understand that there are certain extremely shortsighted people on CP. I mean.....extremely.

SNR
04-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Are we talking about Eddie Siavii or Junior Sims?No, not Eddie Siavii. It's ERIC Siavii.

or is that Junior Downing?

:p

Sorry the Road Grader got put to the garage, Nap

jcroft
04-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Perhaps it's fair to say that we haven't given Junior enough time to make a good assessement yet, but to call him a "good player" is, quite frankly, absurd.

craneref
04-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Siavii has not had enough time to be ocnsidered either. I may be a homer, but my gut feeling is this kid could turn into something really special for the CHIEFS if he keeps his head right, I think Sims is an AWESOME talent, however, but seems to me that he plays with no passion, I could be wrong, but, wish we could find a way to light his fire. GO CHIEFS

htismaqe
04-18-2005, 06:19 AM
Siavii has not had enough time to be ocnsidered either. I may be a homer, but my gut feeling is this kid could turn into something really special for the CHIEFS if he keeps his head right, I think Sims is an AWESOME talent, however, but seems to me that he plays with no passion, I could be wrong, but, wish we could find a way to light his fire. GO CHIEFS

I think there's a good chance you'll see fire and passion from Sims this year.

It's his contract year.

Bob Dole
04-18-2005, 06:29 AM
This Siavii discussion brings up <b>exactly</b> why Rich Scanlon should not be piddling around in NFLE, and should instead be back here mentoring our young defenders. Junior Siavii needs Rich Scanlon's guidance as much or more than anyone!

ck_IN
04-18-2005, 09:26 AM
Of course Freeman looked good in games when compared to Sims. He was being compared to <b>Sims</b> who is fast becoming DV's Tre Jenkins.

Siavii was clearly a reach where we drafted him. Just another of DV's magical mystery draft picks. But Siavii is a little different. He has the potential to be something. In the few games I saw him in last year he was already head and shoulders better then Sims. Give him some time and swallow the spot we picked him in. He just amy develop into another Dan Saliemua (sp?).

Kyle401
04-18-2005, 09:39 AM
Siavii is going to be 27 this year. He had better develop fast or he will be carrying a bust lable into retirement.

HC_Chief
04-18-2005, 09:42 AM
His teammate went a few picks just ahead of him.

?
Olshansky was drafted just before him so that makes Siavii a good player? :spock:

Siavii was a reach. He typifies our second round picks over the past decade or so: shit.

whoman69
04-18-2005, 09:45 AM
To me it seems we have a hell of alot of projects on the defensive side of the ball and they are not panning out. We need to start drafting people with talent that are ready to play. Some of our project we have been waiting 4 years for now.