PDA

View Full Version : TIAA-CREF Retirement account

DenverChief
04-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Anyone have one of these accounts? What kind of retirement account do you have? I also have a PERA (Public Employees Retirement Account) that I just started contributing to. I just got my TIAA-CREF quarterly statement the other day and my CREF stock and inflation linked bonds dropped by 87 cents total :banghead: the good news is that the Real Estate investment went up by 13 cents :) Although this is the first quarterly statement I have got that has lost value :mad:

cdcox
04-17-2005, 06:39 PM
TIAA-CREF has one of the best reputations in the equities industry. Their costs are relatively low, their investments are conservative, yet perform well and they offer enough diversity of products to allow you to control the direction of your retirement funds.

DenverChief
04-17-2005, 06:44 PM
TIAA-CREF has one of the best reputations in the equities industry. Their costs are relatively low, their investments are conservative, yet perform well and they offer enough diversity of products to allow you to control the direction of your retirement funds.

Awesome...yeah I divided up my investment 51% Equities, 10% Fixed income, 10% Real Estate, 29% Guaranteed

rocks
04-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Denver, if you are conservative that sounds like a good mix for you. As for Tiaa-Cref, if it is your only option then use it. Otherwise look elsewhere, they can't hold a candle to non annuity based investment companies. Just FYI.

DenverChief
04-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Denver, if you are conservative that sounds like a good mix for you. As for Tiaa-Cref, if it is your only option then use it. Otherwise look elsewhere, they can't hold a candle to non annuity based investment companies. Just FYI.

It was something I was "forced" to contribute to while working for the college...I am no long contributing al though I have thought about putting more money in ($5-10 a month) just to see where it goes...I contribute to PERA now

Bob Dole
04-17-2005, 08:26 PM
For Bob Dole's "standard" retirement plan, he pays a fixed percentage monthly, then after retirement will draw the average of the three highest annual salaries for however long Bob Dole manages to live...

(This all assumes the State of Texas remains solvent.)