PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock -vs- Fortune

Dr. Red
12-21-2000, 09:22 AM
I've been kinda waiting for this to come up this week, but it hasn't. I live in mid-MO and catch little bursts of 810WHB. A coupla times the conversation has worked around the edges of some drama between Jason Whitlock and other media types, including at least Don Fortune. I haven't been able to keep the signal long enought to find out what all the fuss is about, but I have heard the "R" word raised a coupla times.

Anyone got the skinny?

Dr. Red
12-21-2000, 10:52 AM
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

One Arrowhead Dave
12-21-2000, 11:22 AM
Wel apperantyl... what happened was a lot of confusion and rumors made out of he-said she said...

Jason said that Don fortuen is this always trying to be morally right guy... talking about touchdown dances and everything that makes the public thinks that Don is a honest and moral guy.

Well the reason Jason brought that up was because Don has gotten a $25k lawsuit against him for fraud for seeling his house. Appearantly the people buying the house viewed it before they bought it... and it was fine... but when they moved in they found that there was animal urine spots all over the house on the white carpet... Don had pulled the 'ol hide the stains with throw down rugs bit.

Jason brought it to light and it got twisted into a racist type thing. Jason Cleared it up on radio saying it was nothing racist, but instead hypocritical of Don and his ways.

Dave Lane
12-21-2000, 11:25 AM
I never did like Fortune. He invited me over to his house one time and threw me out for pissing on the carpet. What a jerk.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Dr. Red
12-21-2000, 11:29 AM
Thanks. Per usual, the tone of the commentary made it out to be some kind of Hiroshima for the KC sports world.