PDA

View Full Version : Food and drink obsessions, addictions and such

BIG_DADDY
04-18-2005, 10:13 AM
What foods must you have? What foods must you try to have weekly?

I must have sushi & steak weekly but my biggest obsession has to be taco's. We have some great taqueria's out here I find myself usually getting taco 2 to 3 times a week. Vodka is my biggest weekness from a drinking standpoint. So what are yours.

NewChief
04-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Pretty bad addiction to dark chocolate.

Drinkwise: Vodka (ketel one) in the summer. Whiskey (Maker's, Bulleit, Laphroig) in the winter.

eazyb81
04-18-2005, 10:16 AM
I don't drink coffee, but I have to have a pop (usually cola) at least once during the day. I usually drink one in the morning instead of coffee to help me wake up for the day.

Simplex3
04-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Chocolate. I would kill people for chocolate. Of course it doesn't fit in with the new diet. It's really the only food I miss having lots and lots of.

As for things I still eat, Chinese is my biggest jones. Stir fry, General Tso's, orange chicken, empress chicken, crab rangoon (not in the diet), it's all good. I've always preferred steamed rice over fried, though.

I forgot the drink. Single malt scotch. I love it. I do it rarely, but I do love it.

NewChief
04-18-2005, 10:20 AM
Chocolate. I would kill people for chocolate. Of course it doesn't fit in with the new diet. It's really the only food I miss having lots and lots of.

As for things I still eat, Chinese is my biggest jones. Stir fry, General Tso's, orange chicken, empress chicken, crab rangoon (not in the diet), it's all good. I've always preferred steamed rice over fried, though.

I forgot the drink. Single malt scotch. I love it. I do it rarely, but I do love it.

Which diet are you on? There's a good chance that you can still eat extremely dark chocolate. There's a ton of new research coming out about the health benefits of dark chocolate.
http://my.webmd.com/content/article/73/81921.htm
http://www.clevelandclinic.org/heartcenter/pub/guide/prevention/nutrition/chocolate.htm
http://www.uspharmacist.com/index.asp?show=article&page=8_1210.htm

BIG_DADDY
04-18-2005, 10:22 AM

Single malt scotch rules. I also only do that occasionally. Kettle One is my biggest sin.

Rain Man
04-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Chocolate and soda. It's bad.

|Zach|
04-18-2005, 10:26 AM
I tend to take in a lot of dairy type stuff. I stay away from alot of choclates and junk food like chips and cookies.

But I drink a ton of milk and tend to like cheese a lot.

Katipan
04-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Diet Coke

And I can't keep white chocolate in the house, or I eat it.

Simplex3
04-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Which diet are you on? There's a good chance that you can still eat extremely dark chocolate. There's a ton of new research coming out about the health benefits of dark chocolate.
http://my.webmd.com/content/article/73/81921.htm
http://www.clevelandclinic.org/heartcenter/pub/guide/prevention/nutrition/chocolate.htm
http://www.uspharmacist.com/index.asp?show=article&page=8_1210.htm
KICK ASS! You're my hero! It's like a miracle drug. Lowers blood pressure (I do run high), antioxidants, the whole 9. I'll be off to the grocery store a little later tonight. Of course I'll have to buy a bag of the little bars, I know it still won't be low sugar...

:)

NewChief
04-18-2005, 10:30 AM
KICK ASS! You're my hero! It's like a miracle drug. Lowers blood pressure (I do run high), antioxidants, the whole 9. I'll be off to the grocery store a little later tonight. Of course I'll have to buy a bag of the little bars, I know it still won't be low sugar...

:)

You're welcome. It's got to be the seriously dark stuff. No Nestle's milk chocolate. I think the Hershey's Dark Chocolate counts. There are also some little football size dark chocolates that I think count. My wife and I go for the seriously dark stuff that you get at health food stores. It's like 75% pure cocoa. Eating it gives you a pretty good buzz, too.

Rain Man
04-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Diet Coke

And I can't keep white chocolate in the house, or I eat it.

Have you ever had the Lindt White Chocolate and Coconut bar? I swear, that is the best food I've ever had. It's otherworldly good.

Hog Rider
04-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Wine. Mostly reds, some whites. We keep about 12 cases on hand, with about 5 of those cellared in a wine cooler for long term.

Beef>steak>t-bone>filet mignon.

We get half a beef every year from a local farmer friend.

Rain Man
04-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Back when my dad ran an A&W, I had those frosty cold mugs a lot. Root beer somehow tastes better when it's in a frosted mug.

Douche Baggins
04-18-2005, 10:34 AM
I don't really have any addictions per se, but I am obsessed about what foods I eat together.

If I'm having a chicken fried steak at some restaurant, I have to have mashed potatoes and fried okra with it. I'll order corn as well if it's on the menu.

With steak it's rice and bernaise and spinach.

Never eat pickles or mustard on burgers.

Nzoner
04-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Homemade Chips & Salsa,we have a couple of Mexican restaurants here that make the best I've ever had and we eat at each place at least once a week.Most times I'll order ala carte just to be able to have more room for the chips and salsa.

Drink wise I can't say I have anything I'd consider an obsession.

eazyb81
04-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Wine. Mostly reds, some whites. We keep about 12 cases on hand, with about 5 of those cellared in a wine cooler for long term.

Beef>steak>t-bone>filet mignon.

We get half a beef every year from a local farmer friend.

I'm with you on the quality beef. I would much rather have a nice steak then some chocolate or chips.

htismaqe
04-18-2005, 10:42 AM
I have to have steak at least once a week.

And Mexican food.

And BBQ.

|Zach|
04-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Back when my dad ran an A&W, I had those frosty cold mugs a lot. Root beer somehow tastes better when it's in a frosted mug.
Everything is better when it comes in a frosted mug.

Even bad news.

munkey
04-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Eggs, Eggs & Eggs....sunnyside up w/maple link sausage or bacon :p

I could eat that every morning...

Beef Jerkey and beer....Have to give up beer/liquor for a while... :(

Apparently it's having an effect with my cholestrol/HP meds...owell.

Phobia
04-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Yes. I have a food and drink addiction. I like food and I like drinks.

CosmicPal
04-18-2005, 10:50 AM
I must have popcorn when watching a movie.

I must have saki with my sushi.

I must have wine with my spaghetti.

I must have a lot of beers when grilling.

I must have coffee in the morning.

That's about it for me....

BIG_DADDY
04-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Eggs, Eggs & Eggs....sunnyside up w/maple link sausage or bacon :p

I could eat that every morning...

Beef Jerkey and beer....Have to give up beer/liquor for a while... :(

Apparently it's having an effect with my cholestrol/HP meds...owell.

The place I am moving too has chickens and I can have all the eggs I want for free. My egg intake will probably go up. I am looking forward to getting my fish off the docks as well. I have to learn how to make the blacked sauce for blackened ahi tuna sashimi.

Mark M
04-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Cereal damn near every night ... either Golden Grahams or Crispix.

Coffee Mon. - Fri. ... for some reason, I don't drink it on the weekends.

And on Sundays, Pizza Rolls and Vanilla Coke for lunch.

MM
~~:)

munkey
04-18-2005, 10:56 AM
I must have a lot of beers when grilling.

Just thinking of that.... :sulk:

SCTrojan
04-18-2005, 11:00 AM
I love Ribeye steaks. Would eat them every other day if I could. And I eat most any main course with rice.

Sonic Blasts, apple pie and cheesecake are my dessert addictions.

munkey
04-18-2005, 11:00 AM
My egg intake will probably go up.

That reminds me....

I heard there was another study conducted that indicated that eggs didn't have the cholestrol effect previously reported....

Need to look that up and ask the doc...

I went through a period (3 months) of consuming about 18 egg whites a day (morning/scrambled) and needless to say I can't stand them that way anymore.

|Zach|
04-18-2005, 11:01 AM
I go out to eat with a good friend of mine alot and we always get the spinach and artichoke dip whereever we go. I loe the stuff. But only eat it with that person.

Mr. Kotter
04-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Pizza, beer....buffalo wings, White Russians....Red Lobster Shrimp Pasta, Seven & Sevens...BBQ, Boulevard Beers

Better than some of the alternatives, I guess.

siberian khatru
Peanut butter, at least a teaspoon almost every day.

From spring to fall, I BBQ almost every weekend. Gotta have my BBQ in the warm-weather months. In fact, yesterday was my first official BBQ of 2005. Made beer-can chicken.

I'd like to eat steak more, if I could afford it. It's about once a month now. I love a good steak with a good wine.

Baby Lee
Steak is more of a staple than an obsession. But I hate to go more than a few days without it.

There's this 'extreme' drink bottled by the Snapple Co. called 'shredded lemon' that is a mix of lemon juice, skim milk, guarana, and ginseng that kind of reminds me of lemon italian ice, and I DIG IT!! Very tasty.

Saulbadguy
04-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Ice Cream. Its not an addiction persay, but I can never turn it down. I don't keep it in the house, because I eat it too fast.

Bwana
04-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Chocolate: When the Jones comes, watch out!

Nzoner
04-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Thought of a few more things I don't think I could live without although I don't have them weekly.

Pork Tenderloin Sandwich with everything
BBQ from a place called Keith's
Dill pickles
Toasted Almond Fudge Ice Cream
Crunchy Peanut Butter
Frozen Peanut M & M's

Calcountry
04-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Back when my dad ran an A&W, I had those frosty cold mugs a lot. Root beer somehow tastes better when it's in a frosted mug.No, it was draft root beer. Draft kicks bottled any day of the week.

Jenson71
04-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Mint chocolate ice cream.

badgirl
04-18-2005, 11:21 AM
I don't have any kind of food that I like better than any other, If it wasn't for having to have food, I wouldn't care if I ever ate, far as drink goes I like having tea at all times, I don't care for soda, I don't drink water unless its bottled, some people love food and have favorite dishes, I don't its something you have to do to survive.

NewChief
04-18-2005, 11:23 AM
The place I am moving too has chickens and I can have all the eggs I want for free. My egg intake will probably go up. I am looking forward to getting my fish off the docks as well. I have to learn how to make the blacked sauce for blackened ahi tuna sashimi.

Blackened Fish:

2 tbs paprika
The rest of the spice measurements are in teaspoons. It's up to you to decide how much/little of each you want.
salt
cayenne
onion powder
garlic powder
dried basil
lemon pepper

Heat skillet on high for 5 minutes.
Melt stick of butter.
Dip each side of fish in butter, then in rub.
Slap down on hot skillet.
2 minutes on each side (maybe slightly more for a thick piece of fish, like ahi).

Serve.
Beware. It will smoke up your kitchen, and the smoke will choke your ass up, due to the cayenne.

BIG_DADDY
04-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Pizza, beer....buffalo wings, White Russians....Red Lobster Shrimp Pasta, Seven & Sevens...BBQ, Boulevard Beers

Better than some of the alternatives, I guess.

Finally someone says pizza. I have a bunch of old military buddies who used to always tell me the only thing they would get really pissed about not being able to eat when they were doing a tour was pizza. I found that amusing. I was also surprised we didn't see it earlier here.

Calcountry
04-18-2005, 11:26 AM
That reminds me....

I heard there was another study conducted that indicated that eggs didn't have the cholestrol effect previously reported....

Need to look that up and ask the doc...

I went through a period (3 months) of consuming about 18 egg whites a day (morning/scrambled) and needless to say I can't stand them that way anymore.This probably has more to do with what they are cooked in than the eggs themselves.

My Dad's favorite, bacon grease. :shake:

BIG_DADDY
04-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Blackened Fish:

2 tbs paprika
The rest of the spice measurements are in teaspoons. It's up to you to decide how much/little of each you want.
salt
cayenne
onion powder
garlic powder
dried basil
lemon pepper

Heat skillet on high for 5 minutes.
Melt stick of butter.
Dip each side of fish in butter, then in rub.
Slap down on hot skillet.
2 minutes on each side (maybe slightly more for a thick piece of fish, like ahi).

Serve.
Beware. It will smoke up your kitchen, and the smoke will choke your ass up, due to the cayenne.

I know thisis going to sound funny but it was just a sauce, the meat was raw. Blackened Ahi Tuna Sashimi (Raw) I have yet to see another place with it either. I have asked many sushi chefs and have searched the internet. So far I have come up empty handed.

cdcox
04-18-2005, 11:27 AM
1. Coffee - I drink it every day and have no desire to stop
2. Scotch (distant second) - drink it 5-6 days a week, but could give it up.

I love good food but no specific types I have to have on a periodic basis.

ENDelt260
04-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Beer.

And, uh... what's that stuff? We used to eat it all the time back in the day? Oh yeah, pussy!

munkey
04-18-2005, 11:29 AM
This probably has more to do with what they are cooked in than the eggs themselves.

Agree'd....

My favorite as well when camping... :p

BIG_DADDY
04-18-2005, 11:29 AM

Pork fat rules, I am trying to stay away from that though.

BTW we got the house on the coast. They may put in a motocross track right in my front yard too. You will have to come out once we get settled in. Taz didn't kill any of their animals and they loved him so we got the place. Move in June 1st.

Calcountry
04-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Coffee is not only a commodity traded on the the Chicago Board of Trade, but cosumed about as fast as it is traded here at my shop.

If my pot has boiled down by 1:00, I make an afternoon pot. I have to keep the edge lol.

I also have a bottle of Bookers secretly tucked here at the shop, for medicinal purposes of course.

NewChief
04-18-2005, 11:30 AM
I know thisis going to sound funny but it was just a sauce, the meat was raw. Blackened Ahi Tuna Sashimi (Raw) I have yet to see another place with it either. I have asked many sushi chefs and have searched the internet. So far I have come up empty handed.

Ahh, gotcha. Weird that they'd call it "blackened". I wonder if they just seared the outside quickly in the sauce?

Yeah, that blackened rub I posted isn't asian at all, more greek/caribbean. Very good, though.

Calcountry
04-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Pork fat rules, I am trying to stay away from that though.

BTW we got the house on the coast. They may put in a motocross track right in my front yard too. You will have to come out once we get settled in. Taz didn't kill any of their animals and they loved him so we got the place. Move in June 1st.Looking forward to it dude. Congratulations! :thumb:

Rausch
04-18-2005, 11:35 AM
3 days a week I have 3 eggrolls for lunch. I could probably have Chinese 7 days a week and never tire of it.

And I really wish there was an NA beer that doesn't taste like total $#it...

NewChief
04-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Ahh, gotcha. Weird that they'd call it "blackened". I wonder if they just seared the outside quickly in the sauce?

Yeah, that blackened rub I posted isn't asian at all, more greek/caribbean. Very good, though.

Here's some other possibilities. Still doesn't sound exactly like what you're talking about, though:

http://www.ppsrx.com/ppsrx/hn/Recipe/Blackened_Ahi.htm
http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/recipedetail.php?Alias=RE_WP3084

ENDelt260
04-18-2005, 11:37 AM

Kaliber.

badgirl
04-18-2005, 11:43 AM
3 days a week I have 3 eggrolls for lunch. I could probably have Chinese 7 days a week and never tire of it.

Oh yea I do like Chinese food. :thumb:

chiefs4me
04-18-2005, 11:43 AM
My coca cola.....I don't even have to eat if I have my cold cola..and it has to be cold with no ice and the real coke product...drink it all day long everyday.

badgirl
04-18-2005, 11:45 AM
My coca cola.....I don't even have to eat if I have my cold cola..and it has to be cold with no ice and the real coke product...drink it all day long everyday.
I did that for a long time, couldn't drink nothing but Coke, but now its tea and I don't drink soda of any kind anymore.

Nzoner
04-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Kaliber.

Yep and one called Buckler as well.

ENDelt260
04-18-2005, 11:46 AM
Yep and one called Buckler as well.
Buckler's pretty good, too. I think Kaliber's better. Been awhile since I've had either.

Gotta be careful getting that shit at bars, though. More often than not it's gonna be skunk. NA beer just doesn't move.

chiefs4me
04-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Homemade Chips & Salsa,we have a couple of Mexican restaurants here that make the best I've ever had and we eat at each place at least once a week.Most times I'll order ala carte just to be able to have more room for the chips and salsa.

Drink wise I can't say I have anything I'd consider an obsession.

I don't suppose your talking about Barbosa's are you? I love the place and crave it......when friends and family come down to visit they always bring me takeout....

ChiefsOne
04-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Chocolate and diet coke, daily.

Douche Baggins
04-18-2005, 11:50 AM
My one true addiction is ice. I have to have ice in everything I drink, except milk and hot drinks.

Son of Logical
04-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Well, mashed potatos is the best thing ever created. I can literaly eat them with anything. So, mashed potatos at least once a week, and baked potatos mixed in during the week too. I am a true Irishman ROFL
I also really love a good steak, but seeing that they are not that great for you I have tried to cut down on eating them as much. Sushi I eat at least twice a month. I also dig mexican, but can live without it.
So it goes...
1.) Mashed Potatos (weekly)
2.) Steak (twice a month)
3.) Sushi (twice a month)
4.) Mexican (whatever, but at least once a month)

When it comes to drinking. I am Patron Silver man. I don't drink that much though to high of a tolerance. So, drinking gets expensive. When I do drink I buy a bottle of Patron show up at a party, and ussually kill the bottle that night. Before anyone asks. "No, tequila does not make me an angry drunk." Everyone always asks me that. I don't get the connection between the two.

bgguitarman
04-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Captain Morgan and Coke

ChiefsOne
04-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Oh yeah, I am addicted to Peter Pan's Honey Peanut Butter. I have two table spoons with Ritz whole wheat crackers everynight a 2:00-3:00 am.

Nzoner
04-18-2005, 12:08 PM
I don't suppose your talking about Barbosa's are you? I love the place and crave it......when friends and family come down to visit they always bring me takeout....

I despise Barbosa's

BIG_DADDY
04-18-2005, 12:12 PM

Yea I will have to give your blackened recipe a try.

BIG_DADDY
04-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Here's some other possibilities. Still doesn't sound exactly like what you're talking about, though:

http://www.ppsrx.com/ppsrx/hn/Recipe/Blackened_Ahi.htm
http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/recipedetail.php?Alias=RE_WP3084

Very cool, thanks!!! :thumb:

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Double Cheeseburgers, tacos and eggs. I could live off of these three. :rolleyes:

Bowser
04-18-2005, 12:53 PM
If it is considered "junk" or "fast" food, then I am unfortunately addicted to it. Pisses me off, too. I used to be a health nut and gym rat, just not so much anymore. Guess I'm not pissed enough to change just yet.

:sulk:

dave0320
04-18-2005, 01:21 PM
Ketel One Vodka rocks and smoked pulled pork. :thumb:

FloridaChief
04-18-2005, 01:38 PM
A good godamned cheeseburger. I've gotta have a good goddamned cheeseburger at least every six weeks or so or I lose my mind. Not some McD's thing, either. And I'm not making it myself. I wanna go out and buy it.

A great burger is hard to find these days.

Steak once a week. Pizza about once every ten days or so. Mexican and Chinese on a semi-regular basis. Oh, and oddly enough, I MUST have grilled zuchini at least once a month or so or I get insane cravings for it.

Liquid-like: At least a glass of milk per day. Crown & Diet Coke. Daily, pretty much..

Baby Lee
04-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Oh, and oddly enough, I MUST have grilled zuchini at least once a month or so or I get insane cravings for it.
Best thing about spring is tomato and fresh mozarella salad.
Second best is zuccini and yellow squash planks doused in olive oil, and seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano, sage, and mint and tossed on the grill [in an aluminum foil boat] to be sauteed until soft, then burnt until crisp on the edges.

BIG_DADDY
04-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Best thing about spring is tomato and fresh mozarella salad.
Second best is zuccini and yellow squash planks doused in olive oil, and seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano, sage, and mint and tossed on the grill [in an aluminum foil boat] to be sauteed until soft, then burnt until crisp on the edges.

Those both sound good, gotta try that 2nd one.

FloridaChief
04-18-2005, 02:16 PM

Oh yes! At last--someone knows what I mean. Great post, BL...

I think I'm due a 'ccini fix very soon...

|Zach|
04-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Oh yes! At last--someone knows what I mean. Great post, BL...

I think I'm due a 'ccini fix very soon...
Whats goin on these days?

I have not seen you around as much. You didn't get one of those "lives" did you?

Baby Lee
04-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Those both sound good, gotta try that 2nd one.
The fresh mozz salad is easy, except I get the dressing from a friend who manages a Panera Bread Co.
fresh mozz, fresh tomato wedges, vidalia onions slivered, fresh basil chopped and Panera's dressing [like italian, but not nearly as sweet, with more more cracked pepper and oil].

The Zuke and Squash is my own experimentation over the years. Once you've got the spices down, the key is the aluminum foil boat. fold up the sides so the olive oil stays in, sauteeing for a while. Then when everything is sizzling, take a fork and pop the foil, so the oil drips out, feeds the flames and crisps the thinner pieces and edges.

FloridaChief
04-18-2005, 02:26 PM
I have not seen you around as much. You didn't get one of those "lives" did you?

Hardly.

I haven't been posting much lately, but I still do lurk quite a bit. I dunno if it's the topics of late or what, I just haven't felt very...inspired. I'm sure that will change as we get to the draft and second half of free agency.

Hey, I was checking out your website the other night, first time in a while. I must say I am more and more impressed with your blogs and stuff. I always find your writing style (and substance) leaves me wanting to read more. Keep up the good work, man...

chiefs4me
04-18-2005, 02:26 PM
A good godamned cheeseburger. I've gotta have a good goddamned cheeseburger at least every six weeks or so or I lose my mind. Not some McD's thing, either. And I'm not making it myself. I wanna go out and buy it.

Steak once a week. Pizza about once every ten days or so. Mexican and Chinese on a semi-regular basis. Oh, and oddly enough, I MUST have grilled zuchini at least once a month or so or I get insane cravings for it.

Liquid-like: At least a glass of milk per day. Crown & Diet Coke. Daily, pretty much..

It's probably not your kind of place but our Applebee's serves a wonderful cheesburger on rolls. They also have your grilled veggies.

chiefs4me
04-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Hardly.

I haven't been posting much lately, but I still do lurk quite a bit. I dunno if it's the topics of late or what, I just haven't felt very...inspired. I'm sure that will change as we get to the draft and second half of free agency.

Hey, I was checking out your website the other night, first time in a while. I must say I am more and more impressed with your blogs and stuff. I always find your writing style (and substance) leaves me wanting to read more. Keep up the good work, man...

Go ahead and tell us......you got a life didn't ya..;)

|Zach|
04-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Hardly.

That happens, a little break from the planet is a good thing sometimes. I am prob due for one soon. ROFL

Thanks man I appreciate it, its wacky because I didn't start it to be anything like it is today. There were actually 5k+ unique visitors last month it is nuts. Its fun to do, has improved my writing skills and has made me some money.

|Zach|
04-18-2005, 02:30 PM
I hear they are going for cheap these days on E-Bay

Nzoner
04-18-2005, 02:33 PM

I had one of the best burgers ever a few weeks ago at Phil's house,I told him he needs to forget the remodeling etc.and think about going public with his burgers.

FloridaChief
04-18-2005, 02:36 PM
It's probably not your kind of place but our Applebee's serves a wonderful cheesburger on rolls. They also have your grilled veggies.

I got a Chili's right down the street that does my zucchini/squash pretty good--quite a bit like the recipe BL posted, but w/o the foil boat, I'm sure.

Their burgers are nothing special, tho. You just can't get one the way I want it these days. I'm talkin' about a drug store burger like I used to get when I was a kid. Damn, it's been 30 years since I had one of those and I still occasionally wake up in the middle of the night craving one.

:shake:

FloridaChief
04-18-2005, 02:38 PM

I didn't and there's nothing to tell, really...

FloridaChief
04-18-2005, 02:42 PM
That happens, a little break from the planet is a good thing sometimes. I am prob due for one soon. ROFL

Thanks man I appreciate it, its wacky because I didn't start it to be anything like it is today. There were actually 5k+ unique visitors last month it is nuts. Its fun to do, has improved my writing skills and has made me some money.

So true. Everyone needs a break from the 'Planet, eventually...

I'm glad that zachishere.com is a money-making venture 'cause while I was reading, I was also thinking, "Hope this doesn't cost Zach too much cash to maintain."...

Obviously, I have no clue on these things.

chiefs4me
04-18-2005, 02:47 PM
I got a Chili's right down the street that does my zucchini/squash pretty good--quite a bit like the recipe BL posted, but w/o the foil boat, I'm sure.

Their burgers are nothing special, tho. You just can't get one the way I want it these days. I'm talkin' about a drug store burger like I used to get when I was a kid. Damn, it's been 30 years since I had one of those and I still occasionally wake up in the middle of the night craving one.

:shake:

Now you are telling our age...I used to get the same kind of cheesburger you are talking about at the drugstore in Savannah Mo. They also made your drink right in front of you at the soda fountain, the old fashioned way. Now I get the same kind of cheesburger at Bennett Springs in Mo, at a place called Hillbilly Burgers...and they have morel mushrooms. PBJ

chiefs4me
04-18-2005, 02:49 PM
I hear they are going for cheap these days on E-Bay

Hey Zachroo......I don't need another one, mine is just fine.;)

Calcountry
04-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Whats goin on these days?

I have not seen you around as much. You didn't get one of those "lives" did you?He's been hanging out in the word association thread. :p

Calcountry
04-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Did I say, Pistachio's, very addictive.

|Zach|
Obviously, I have no clue on these things.
You have missed out on a whole lot of ass from fine young ladies by not being "hep to blogs"

ROFL

|Zach|
He's been hanging out in the word association thread. :p
It sucks you in...

FloridaChief
04-18-2005, 02:56 PM
He's been hanging out in the word association thread. :p

Not so much lately. We've been on at opposite times recently, I think. You need to school some of these fools in how to work a proper association. It's not the same w/o ya...

FloridaChief
04-18-2005, 03:00 PM
You have missed out on a whole lot of ass from fine young ladies by not being "hep to blogs"

ROFL

*That's* been a long-time failing of mine, for one reason or the other.

"Quality over quantity", I keep telling myself..."Quality over quantity"....

Calcountry
04-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Not so much lately. We've been on at opposite times recently, I think. You need to school some of these fools in how to work a proper association. It's not the same w/o ya...I have 4 levels that I work from:

One is synonym
Two is antonym
Three is Rorshack(the ink blot dude)
4rth is phonetic association

Three is the most fun and is completely random.