PDA

View Full Version : Radio show on the draft tonight...

Coogs
04-18-2005, 11:50 AM
from kcchiefs.com...

CHIEFS & THE DRAFT: TONIGHT ON KCMO-AM
Apr 18, 2005, 8:39:01 AM

What to know what the Chiefs are thinking as they approach this weekend’s NFL draft?

You can hear in detail on a special edition of the Chiefs radio network pre-draft show tonight at 8 PM on KCMO-AM. Bob Gretz will serve as host.

Guests for the one-hour program will be team president Carl Peterson, head coach Dick Vermeil and director of college scouting Chuck Cook. The program is scheduled for an hour.

Coogs
04-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Don't know if any of the other Chiefs network stations are carrying this program. I have things to do tonight, and will not be able to listen in. If someone happens to catch this show, could you please update anything note worthy if you could? Thanks!

Looks like they have a link to listen in over on the left hand column...

http://www.710kcmo.com/

htismaqe
04-18-2005, 12:08 PM
I can't get 710 after sundown... :(

Coogs
04-18-2005, 12:10 PM
I can't get 710 after sundown... :(

Maybe some of the other Chiefs network stations will have the show on. :shrug:

keg in kc
04-18-2005, 06:00 PM
I can't get 710 after sundown... You can listen live online, but it requires registration.

ct
04-18-2005, 06:11 PM
this website :Lin:

Mr. Laz
04-18-2005, 07:03 PM
trying to listen online, but i'll i get is some rightwing extremists retard spewing his limbaugh-esque bullpucky

:shrug:

Mr. Laz
04-18-2005, 07:07 PM
there we go ... now for some Gretz bullpucky :p

the Talking Can
04-18-2005, 07:08 PM
any notes would be appreciated...I'm supposed to be writing a huge, overdue, paper right now....

tk13
04-18-2005, 07:12 PM
trying to listen online, but i'll i get is some rightwing extremists retard spewing his limbaugh-esque bullpucky

:shrug:
That was just Carl. He was explaining his new "No defense left behind" strategy.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2005, 07:22 PM
from carl:

no deal with surtain yet ... still in negotiations

and still have to "convince miami what the appropriate value is for surtain is"

surtain will have to sign with miami first and then trade so the trade will have to happen BEFORE the draft saturday.

it's not possible to do deal during the draft.

emphasis is still on defense regardless of surtain situation

any defensive position a consideration in draft

need defensive in players that can help RIGHT AWAY

prefers not to trade up

willing to trade down and has already had discussions with teams about it this week.

wants not only a starter but an impact starter with the 1st round pick.

1996 draft ... what was key?

answer: gunther,luck,plan

end carl segment ... vermeil up next

tk13
04-18-2005, 07:25 PM
prefers not to trade up

willing to trade down and has already had discussions with teams about it this week.

Then trade up for Derrick Johnson.. :)

The Bad Guy
04-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Vermeil: "We'd like to come out of the draft with a big tight end"...

This is like a bad dream listening to this shit.

Why spend a #2 on Kris Wilson if you want a big TE. Why re-sign Jason Dunn if you want another TE? Dunn is the biggest TE in the league.

I love that our scouting department is wasting their time looking at tight ends.

VonneMarie
04-18-2005, 07:30 PM
from carl:

surtain will have to sign with miami first and then trade so the trade will have to happen BEFORE the draft saturday.

Damn. We have 5 1/2 days and counting.

I don't see it happening. :banghead:

Alphaman
04-18-2005, 07:32 PM

Why spend a #2 on Kris Wilson if you want a big TE. Why re-sign Jason Dunn if you want another TE? Dunn is the biggest TE in the league.

I love that our scouting department is wasting their time looking at tight ends.

If they take a big TE in the 6th or 7th round to stick on the practice squad and take over Dunn's role in the near future.

The Bad Guy
04-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Surtain doesn't have to sign shit with Miami. He's under contract. Does Carl really expect that the Dolphins will eat the SB for a new contract for Surtain?

He can't be this ****ing stupid.

If the 2nd isn't appropriate value for a young Pro Bowl CB then I give up already. I give up trying to understand football.

He trades a 3/5 for a backup guard, but it's inappropriate to send a 2 to the Dolphins?

I can't believe we have to deal with 5 more years of this shit.

the Talking Can
04-18-2005, 07:33 PM
from carl:

emphasis is still on defense regardless of surtain situation

any defensive position a consideration in draft

need defensive in players that can help RIGHT AWAY

prefers not to trade up

1996 draft ... what was key?

answer: gunther,luck,plan

end carl segment ... vermeil up next

thanks, if they really want an impact player then they shouldn't trade down...we can get one at #15..but you know CP thinks he'd be cool if he could pick up an extra pick...god, if we pass on Rogers or Pollack...

the Talking Can
04-18-2005, 07:34 PM

did he really say that?

The Bad Guy
If they take a big TE in the 6th or 7th round to stick on the practice squad and take over Dunn's role in the near future.

Dunn has a 5 year deal, he's not going to be replaced any time soon.

How many friggen tight ends do we need?

We have 3 on our roster right now.

Spicy McHaggis
Dammit Dick I swear if you mention how tough the schedule is again I will staple your balls to the bumper of a 79' chevy and push it off a cliff.

The Bad Guy
did he really say that?

Yes, he included a big TE in the list of things he'd like to get out of the draft.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2005, 07:35 PM
Dick Stuff ROFL

how's draft process going? smoother than it ever has before ... carl is more active

high % of choices with go defense

problem getting the 1st pick in camp is a consideration ... initially consider them only has backup material.

wanted a started caliber corner BEFORE draft ... if not with have to do it the draft.

alot of time the coaches are blamed for not playing young guys, but it's up to the players to fight their way into the lineup.

when draft is over what do you want to see? blue chip corner, safety,linebacker, big tightend, couple wide receivers

43 guys are working in the offseason camps ... only 5 guys from starting offense.

priest holmes has put on 8lbs weight ... he's up to 220

gonzo feels good after surgery

boerigter is make good progress but might now be ready for camp

barber is ahead of schedule

will look to evaluate Maz in training camp

confident Shields will play... suppose to get word this week.

Roaf said he's wants to play 3 more years

says he gonna be more carefull this year because of the way he over judged last years team.

crying about how tought the schedule is next year already..."it's a bitch ... pardon my french"

wants a training camp that isn't interrupted by alot of extra stuff.

vermeil stuff over ... college scouting up next

ct
04-18-2005, 07:36 PM

Oh please God tell me this guy is joking?!?

The Bad Guy
04-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Dammit Dick I swear if you mention how tough the schedule is again I will staple your balls to the bumper of a 79' chevy and push it off a cliff.

I'm sick of Vermeil crying over things he can't control. It's like the friggen guy would rather play the Cleveland Browns than play tough teams.

If you are a coach at any level, you relish playing the top teams. You don't whine and bitch about it and treat it like a crutch when you finish 7-9.

The Bad Guy
04-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Chuck Cook up now. He might be the only person in America that fails as much as Carl Peterson but still has a job.

Alphaman
04-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Dunn has a 5 year deal, he's not going to be replaced any time soon.

How many friggen tight ends do we need?

We have 3 on our roster right now.

At this stage of the game it's not a question of his contract, but how many more years he will play.

Shields has 2 years left on his contract will likely only play one. Roaf has a contract through 2009, but he won't play that out.

the Talking Can
04-18-2005, 07:41 PM
wow...that's great news re Roaf, I figured he'd be done after this year..even at say 85% he's a top 10 LT in the league...

Next year we'll have to look hard at the OL (RT and G) and maybe QB..then another CB and DT (unless Sims wakes up)...and DE too unless we get a good one this year...

tk13
04-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Chuck Cook up now. He might be the only person in America that fails as much as Carl Peterson but still has a job.
I don't know, I haven't heard a lot from him but he seems to be pretty smart when he actually gets to talk, I get the feeling that he kinda gets pushed aside by Carl/DV/Gunther/Saunders come draft day though...

keg in kc
04-18-2005, 07:42 PM
I don't get our fascination with safety. Peterson and Vermeil both emphasized it.

Anyway, Peterson's segment was pretty useless, but I thought Vermeil had a lot to say, particularly on the injury recovery status of guys.

the Talking Can
04-18-2005, 07:43 PM
I don't get our fascination with safety. Peterson and Vermeil both emphasized it.

Anyway, Peterson's segment was pretty useless, but I thought Vermeil had a lot to say, particularly on the injury recovery status of guys.

could you read between the lines at all on Barber? did he sound like Barber would actually contribute this year?

Mr. Laz
04-18-2005, 07:43 PM
chuck cook:
this is a HUGE,HUGE,HUGE draft for this organization

need defense

overall quality of the draft? cornerback and the wide receivers are the strong position, everywhere else is weak.

is a top 15 draft :shrug:

3 cream of the crop RB's and 2 QB's

should have some offense players first to push the defensive players down.

thinks we should get a top 5 defensive pick at 15th

antrel Rolle should be the 1st defensive player off the board

derrick Johnson ... i can foresee him going around 10th area ... he's got too much ability and too much stuff.

Tweeners - alot of college DE/LB hybrids nowadays

break... more chuck to come

Spicy McHaggis
04-18-2005, 07:46 PM
I don't know, I haven't heard a lot from him but he seems to be pretty smart when he actually gets to talk, I get the feeling that he kinda gets pushed aside by Carl/DV/Gunther/Saunders come draft day though...

(Inside the Chiefs War Room)
Chuck: I can't believe Johnson fell to us! I really think we should take him immediately.

Carl: FULLBACKS!!! GIVE ME FULLBACKS!!! AND A 5th ROUND SAFETY!!

Big Chief Homer
04-18-2005, 07:48 PM
[priest holmes has put on 8lbs weight ... he's up to 220

Damn Those Nachos and BEEEEEERRRRRR :cuss: :banghead: :p

jcroft
04-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Chuck Cook just said they definitely thought Davis was a Saftey, not a LB. Sorry, rufus. :(

CoMoChief
04-18-2005, 07:49 PM

Yeah no shit. I think Dick Vermiel is absolutely crazy. We have 3 TE's that are better than a lot of teams starting TE. If we draft a TE I'm gonna crap on Dick's face. (literally)

BigChiefFan
04-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Yeah no shit. I think Dick Vermiel is absolutely crazy. We have 3 TE's that are better than a lot of teams starting TE. If we draft a TE I'm gonna crap on Dick's face. (literally)
I pray Vermeil is blowing smoke. We don't need a TE.

the Talking Can
04-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Chuck Cook just said they definitely thought Davis was a Saftey, not a LB. Sorry, rufus. :(

ouch....I like the guy as a OLB, but if we draft a safety over Rogers or Pollack I'll be pissed....

Big Chief Homer
04-18-2005, 07:52 PM
(Inside the Chiefs War Room)
Chuck: I can't believe Johnson fell to us! I really think we should take him immediately.

Carl: FULLBACKS!!! GIVE ME FULLBACKS!!! AND A 5th ROUND SAFETY!!
ROFL :clap:

keg in kc
04-18-2005, 07:53 PM
could you read between the lines at all on Barber? did he sound like Barber would actually contribute this year?He didn't really say. I did kind of feel the inference that he might, though. He said Boerigter would be back maybe by the start of training camp, and then went on to say Barber was ahead of schedule, just a bit behind Boe. So that reads to me like Barber being ready during the year.

Spicy McHaggis
04-18-2005, 07:54 PM
They love Pollack, not a bad thing at all.

BigChiefFan
04-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Sounds like Surtain is in the bag. Cook has slipped twice now saying without our second rounder, then corrected himself.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2005, 07:55 PM
chuck cook

what happens if a WR falls ... mike williams

the town will crumble :shrug: ... there's some really solid WR in the draft

doing scenarios with and without patrick surtain deal

carl makes that decision(about surtain)

safety- thomas davis: stevie davis can see how good he is... he blows people up... a Tasmanian devil ... Cheifs are looking at DAVIS AS A SAFETY!!! ... not an OLB.

pacman jones ... brings explosion, speed and attitude... has some kevin ross in him. he's just a player that finds some way to win. a ball hawk. very smart. knows had to play ball in air.

carlos rogers ... continues to get better. can really run, really smooth. was hurt some ... so people didn't see. gonna come in a push starters in the next level.

demarcus ware... arguabley can be the best pass rusher in the draft. just a baby ... still has tons of growth.

erasmus james ... not much experience... great potiential, power rusher ... injury issues... solid player will impact.

marcus spear ... 300lbs now, strong,smart,base DE and can even play the 3.

shawne merriman ... a freak, 272lbs ... junior... all the upside. unlimited potiential. sees as defensive end.

david pollack... smallish, arm length not great... energy guy, special "cat" ... produces every year... luv him. has everything except physical size.

with 2nd round pick they can get 2 guys they really like in first 2 rounds.

end chuck cook

the Talking Can
04-18-2005, 07:56 PM
They love Pollack, not a bad thing at all.

:clap:

he's soooooooooo not a typical Chiefs pick...a guy who has produced consistently at the highest level in college....man, I think he'd help us immediately and spell the end, finally, for Hicks while giving us a nice pair of DE's...

CoMoChief
04-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Seriously though does anyone know why Dick Vermiel wants to draft a TE?!?!? I would really like to know because I really dont have a clue why he would say something like that.

the Talking Can
04-18-2005, 07:59 PM
holy crap..according to warpiant, Nick Athan is going to be on the show tonight.. ROFL

sweet

EDIT

my bad, he's on t.v:

"Warpaint Illustrated Publisher Nick Athan aka ChiefsInsider will be a live guest on 38 Sports Spot tonight at 7:00 CST in Kansas City to talk NFL Draft with local KSHB TV-41 Anchor Jack Harry."

jcroft
04-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Sounds like Surtain is in the bag. Cook has slipped twice now saying without our second rounder, then corrected himself.

I thought the same thing. The bad news is this means they expect to have to give up a second round pick to get him. I can live with that, but it'd sure be nice to get him for less!

milkman
04-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Seriously though does anyone know why Dick Vermiel wants to draft a TE?!?!? I would really like to know because I really dont have a clue why he would say something like that.

Maybe he's senile and forgot that we have THREE Effing tight ends already!

Or maybe his wife told him she likes tight ends, and Dick is trying to make her happy.

keg in kc
04-18-2005, 08:04 PM
"Warpaint Illustrated Publisher Nick Athan aka ChiefsInsider will be a live guest on 38 Sports Spot tonight at 7:00 CST in Kansas City to talk NFL Draft with local KSHB TV-41 Anchor Jack Harry."Replays at 1:30 am, so make sure to set your TiVO.

I captured the Gretz show tonight, so I'll listen again later and see what else I can squeeze out of it. I sort of zoned out through the Chuck Cook segment.

the Talking Can
04-18-2005, 08:05 PM

in the end we have to pay it, Surtain is key, without him we're forked...but it does hurt a little, maybe we'll pick up a 5th or something out of it...

keg in kc
04-18-2005, 08:06 PM
in the end we have to pay it, Surtain is key, without him we're forked...but it does hurt a little, maybe we'll pick up a 5th or something out of it...Yeah, and there really is no reason to panic and do the deal early. This had 'day before the draft' written all over it from the beginning. It makes too much sense for both teams.

Judge Smails
04-18-2005, 08:08 PM

I think this is getting blown out of proportion a little bit. He ran down a list of things he would like to have. Also on that list was a WR, OL, RB, S, CB, etc. Pretty much one of everything.

keg in kc
04-18-2005, 08:11 PM
I think this is getting blown out of proportion a little bit. He ran down a list of things he would like to have. Also on that list was a WR, OL, RB, S, CB, etc. Pretty much one of everything.Yeah. I didn't even notice him saying it when I was listening live. Little overreaction I think.

jcroft
04-18-2005, 08:13 PM

Jason Dunn is basically done. We have two receiving tight ends after this year -- Wilson and Gonzo. It makes good sense for us to get another blocking TE in the fold. Certainly not HIGH in the draft, but I think it'd be prudent to get one at some point...

Mr. Laz
04-18-2005, 08:17 PM
I think this is getting blown out of proportion a little bit. He ran down a list of things he would like to have. Also on that list was a WR, OL, RB, S, CB, etc. Pretty much one of everything.
i dont recall him saying RB

tomahawk kid
04-18-2005, 08:20 PM

I caught that as well.

the Talking Can
04-18-2005, 08:35 PM
take this for what it is worth coming from Nick Athen, but apparently he spoke about this on the tv show tonight (I'm quoting him directly from warpaint):

"The Blockbuster deal could land the Chiefs with more picks on Day one of the draft. I Can't verify anything at this point. Working on it though..."

this is the one time in his retarded existance I hope he is right...if we could move a vet, any vet besides Gonzo, for a first day pick that would be awesome....

Bowser
04-18-2005, 08:39 PM
take this for what it is worth coming from Nick Athen, but apparently he spoke about this on the tv show tonight (I'm quoting him directly from warpaint):

"The Blockbuster deal could land the Chiefs with more picks on Day one of the draft. I Can't verify anything at this point. Working on it though..."

this is the one time in his retarded existance I hope he is right...if we could move a vet, any vet besides Gonzo, for a first day pick that would be awesome....

I think the first thing Athan learned to write in jounalism school was "I can't verify anything at this point. Working on it though". He knew how often he would use it, so he had to perfect it.

Who would we trade if not Gonzo? Priest? Brian Waters?

Judge Smails
04-18-2005, 08:41 PM
i dont recall him saying RB

I'm almost positive he said RB because its what caught my attention before any of the other positions.

Manila-Chief
04-18-2005, 08:44 PM
I think the first thing Athan learned to write in jounalism school was "I can't verify anything at this point. Working on it though". He knew how often he would use it, so he had to perfect it.

Who would we trade if not Gonzo? Priest? Brian Waters?

They could trade down for another 2nd. or a 3rd. round pick...

IMHO ... If they get Surtain that will be a good move.

Judge Smails
04-18-2005, 08:44 PM

I think actually he just woke up one day and decided he was a writer. Kinda like an epiphany or something.

Manila-Chief
04-18-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm almost positive he said RB because its what caught my attention before any of the other positions.

I missed most of what Kingless had to say because my puter was not responding ... but, yes I heard DV say that as well. I'm sure I had a sour look on my face when I heard TE and RB....

But, DV may have thrown out those positions to disguise what he is really going after. Not wise to tell the other 31 clubs exactly what you are after!!!!

At least I hope that is the case. Seems to me that RB & TE are our 2 strongest positions... for now!!!! We need a QB before we need one of those.

crossbow
04-18-2005, 08:51 PM

That's not going to be a problem. They can reach for a linebacker and convert him to safety. Then they will feel like they had a successful draft.

sparkky
04-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Any other year I would say LJ but with the depth of rbs in the draft combined with the available FAs and trade bait types not this year. Priest is too old and makes too much $$$ to have alot of trade value.
That doesn't leave much besides Gonzo of any value.

crossbow
04-18-2005, 09:04 PM
I missed most of what Kingless had to say because my puter was not responding ... but, yes I heard DV say that as well. I'm sure I had a sour look on my face when I heard TE and RB....

But, DV may have thrown out those positions to disguise what he is really going after. Not wise to tell the other 31 clubs exactly what you are after!!!!

At least I hope that is the case. Seems to me that RB & TE are our 2 strongest positions... for now!!!! We need a QB before we need one of those.

They need to find another hidden gem to take Blaylock's spot. He should have gone in the 3rd with the talent he has. I hope that is what they have in mind. Tight End? Maybe get one neer end of day two. Just looking for a big road grader type that they can use to run block with. As far as linebackers go well they have Scanlin so I don't see a pressing need there :banghead:

crossbow
04-18-2005, 09:06 PM
Any other year I would say LJ but with the depth of rbs in the draft combined with the available FAs and trade bait types not this year. Priest is too old and makes too much $$$ to have alot of trade value.
That doesn't leave much besides Gonzo of any value.

They probably have a lot of interest in Bartee but are holding out for at least a 2nd round pick to seal the deal.

beer bacon
04-18-2005, 09:32 PM
I just got back and read this entire thread. I didn't get to listen to the show. Can someone explain why they think we have Surtain the bag. I know it involves Chuck Cook and not having a 2nd round pick. Was he talking about who would be good to draft in what round and said something about not having a second rounder? I am confused.

the Talking Can
04-18-2005, 09:33 PM
and said something about not having a second rounder?

twice....according to reports on this thread....

The Bad Guy
04-18-2005, 09:34 PM

My god, they are putting this guy on TV now?

How can someone build a career by posting bullshit lies?

It pisses me off to no end that this guy has that job and I'm still looking for my break to get something substancial in this field.

Nick Athan can never verify anything.

beer bacon
04-18-2005, 09:36 PM

It pisses me off to no end that this guy has that job and I'm still looking for my break to get something substancial in this field.

The trick is to cut corners by not hiring an editor.

milkman
04-18-2005, 09:38 PM

It seems that if you make up some wildass rumors, and you get lucky with a couple hits, you can make a career out of it.

Remember Fred Edelstein.

He was even worse, and he got a job for a while on ESPN.

The Bad Guy
04-18-2005, 09:41 PM
It seems that if you make up some wildass rumors, and you get lucky with a couple hits, you can make a career out of it.

Remember Fred Edelstein.

He was even worse, and he got a job for a while on ESPN.

That's the thing - he's never gotten anything right.

I worked with him for a short time, and in that time, he made up 2 rumors as fact and almost ruined the credibility that the site I wrote for had.

If you guys want a laugh, go over to the Coalition's website. They talk about Athan like his words are gospel.

Woodrow Call
04-18-2005, 09:49 PM
If you guys want a laugh, go over to the Coalition's website. They talk about Athan like his words are gospel.

I think that has changed since Athan has started his plan to eliminate all other boards and make his board the "one stop shop" for the Chiefs on the internet.

During the offseason I lurk over at chiefscoalition and most of them are not fans at all and the others have opened their eyes.

Athan's own message board is the biggest bunch of brainwashed people I have ever seen.

KChiefs1
04-18-2005, 09:49 PM
I've heard there is a scenario where the Chiefs might trade down(AGAIN????) :banghead:

Chiefs will trade 15/46 picks for

Eagles 31/35/63 picks

This will allow the Chiefs to trade the 63rd pick to Miami for Surtain. They get the extra value of the 35th pick while they believe they can still get the players they feel can help them this year. :clap:

I'm not sure who the Chiefs would be looking at for the 31st & 35th picks(Blackstock or Marlin Jackson maybe), but if it allows them to acquire Surtain then I'm all for it I guess. :thumb:

Has anyone else heard these rumors? :hmmm:

beer bacon
04-18-2005, 09:52 PM
I've heard there is a scenario where the Chiefs might trade down(AGAIN????) :banghead:

Eagles 31/35/63 picks

This will allow the Chiefs to trade the 63rd pick to Miami for Surtain. They get the extra value of the 35th pick while they believe they can still get the players they feel can help them this year. :clap:

I'm not sure who the Chiefs would be looking at for the 31st & 35th picks, but if it allows them to acquire Surtain then I'm all for it I guess. :thumb:

Well as a matter of fact I have. You could even say I made them up.

Insincerely
Nick Athens

Woodrow Call
04-18-2005, 09:53 PM

Eagles 31/35/63 picks

I'm not sure who the Chiefs would be looking at for the 31st & 35th picks, but if it allows them to acquire Surtain then I'm all for it I guess. :thumb:

It is a great draft to trade down in IMO. It would put the Chiefs in a postion to get some very talented defensive help without reaching at 15.

If Rogers, Rolle, DJ, and Davis are gone I hope they do something like you are talking about.

milkman
04-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Well as a matter of fact I have. You could even say I made them up.

Insincerely
Nick Athens

You didn't make them up.
You stole the idea from me.

You Bastard! :cuss:

CosmicPal
04-18-2005, 09:57 PM

Eagles 31/35/63 picks

The Chiefs value total 1490 pts

The three Eagles picks value total 1426 pts.

Is that worth it to you?

Judge Smails
04-18-2005, 10:02 PM
I think that has changed since Athan has started his plan to eliminate all other boards and make his board the "one stop shop" for the Chiefs on the internet.

During the offseason I lurk over at chiefscoalition and most of them are not fans at all and the others have opened their eyes.

Athan's own message board is the biggest bunch of brainwashed people I have ever seen.

I kick around there also (Coalition) and you're right. Athan is a douche who capitalized on the need for daily news during FA visits. It's like a bunch of 12 year olds at WPI.

KChiefs1
04-18-2005, 10:04 PM
If the Chiefs did this trade there is a possibility of ending up with...

Darryl Blackstock
Marlin Jackson
Patrick Surtain

in exchange for their 1st & 2nd round picks.

Is that worth it to you? :hmmm:

Woodrow Call
04-18-2005, 10:08 PM

Darryl Blackstock
Marlin Jackson
Patrick Surtain

I think Jackson and Webster could be better than any of the higher rated CBs out there. Getting possibly 3 new defensive starters/contributors would be huge.

CosmicPal
04-18-2005, 10:12 PM

Darryl Blackstock
Marlin Jackson
Patrick Surtain

Yes! Yes! Yes! I like all three of them.

the Talking Can
04-18-2005, 10:14 PM

Is that worth it to you?

essentially, we'd be moving up 11 spaces in the 2nd and acquiring another 2nd to trade for Surtain in return for dropping 16 spots in the first round.....

I don't know...I'd hate to pass on Pollack and I don't trust our drafting ability enough to get two impact players there, but the reward could be great..... :hmmm:

milkman
04-18-2005, 10:16 PM

Darryl Blackstock
Marlin Jackson
Patrick Surtain

This is an idea I was pimping a month ago.

keg in kc
04-18-2005, 10:20 PM
If I were the Eagles I wouldn't make that trade. I don't think the level at talent at 15 is going to be that much better than what they'll find at 31/35. The more I look at this draft, the more I'm convinced it's not very top-heavy. I think there's a lot of second-round calibre talent this year, more than usual, but because of a dearth of legitimate first round talent, some of them will go early. I think we'll see several players taken from the mid- to -late first that would be seconds any other year.

beer bacon
04-18-2005, 10:25 PM
No thanks on Blackstock. We need a LB, like Burnett, who can actually play the run and pass in addition to being a good pass rusher.

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2005, 10:58 PM
This information about what KC's "Brain Trust" believes isn't bolding well with me

chiefscafan
04-18-2005, 11:10 PM
nope guys knowing how greedy Saban is he'll want the eagles 2nd round pick the early one.

I'm starting not to like this guy he isn't realistic.

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Chuck Cook just said they definitely thought Davis was a Saftey, not a LB.

WTF! :banghead::cuss:

alanm
04-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Jason Dunn is basically done. We have two receiving tight ends after this year -- Wilson and Gonzo. It makes good sense for us to get another blocking TE in the fold. Certainly not HIGH in the draft, but I think it'd be prudent to get one at some point...
We've got another blocking TE on the roster. Aaron Golliday out of Nebraska. He's over in NFLE at the moment IIRC. Pretty good receiver too but he's not the fastest guy in the world.

Gravedigger
04-19-2005, 12:41 AM
No! We need defense and WR's that doesnt include TE's. If we don't get surtain I will literally be ripping the chiefs until I see an improvement in our defense. Now if we let Surtain slip by, which better not happen, then we have to rely on the ole Law.

Anyong Bluth
04-19-2005, 05:26 AM
Saban's hands are tied too. CP is being smart in this situation b/c they won't be able to sign their FA and not cut some other guys to ensure Surtain stays - which he could do just to spite us - or learn his lesson. When faced with dropping salary Surtain may quickly be cut come June 1 b/c they can't work the numbers without losing guys they really want

htismaqe
04-19-2005, 07:36 AM
Well, I wish I hadn't read this whole thread.

I not only wasted 15 minutes, but now I'm depressed.

Coogs
04-19-2005, 07:40 AM
Well, I wish I hadn't read this whole thread.

I not only wasted 15 minutes, but now I'm depressed.

Over at kcchiefs.com they have both CP and DV's interviews in hardcopy.

ct
04-19-2005, 07:43 AM

Is that worth it to you?

Absolutely, considering the premise of this scenario is to move the 63rd pick for a Pro Bowl CB! Give me THAT value!!

htismaqe
04-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Over at kcchiefs.com they have both CP and DV's interviews in hardcopy.

Nah, I'd rather beat myself in the face with a shoe.

Coogs
04-19-2005, 08:57 AM
:LOL:

milkman
04-19-2005, 05:27 PM

If that picture in your avatar were you, I'd say you already had.

KCJake
04-19-2005, 08:25 PM
ROFL :clap:

htismaqe
04-20-2005, 05:27 AM

That's Warpaint, yo!