PDA

View Full Version : Tablerock Lake?

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 01:45 PM
My wife and I are looking for a place to buy on a lake. I have liked Tablerock since we spent a week at Shell Knob about 20 years ago. It would end up being our retirement home in about ten years. Anyone have any feelings about Tablerock, or any ideas? We are going to go down in June to check it out. Thanks for any help on this!

penguinz
04-18-2005, 01:48 PM
You should try to buy a house on Wizard Island!

ChiefsCountry
04-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Screw Table Rock, buy a house at the Lake of the Ozarks. And boat too!

redbrian
04-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Tablerock is nice but getting developed.

Look to buy something on an upper arm if you want clean flat water, look at the lower end if you want to be close to the action and don't mind the crowds and the waves.

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Screw Table Rock, buy a house at the Lake of the Ozarks.

Why? Do you have one for sale or do you just like it better there?

Brock
04-18-2005, 01:53 PM
I'll bet you can get a magnificent view of the condos.

ChiefsCountry
04-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Why? Do you have one for sale or do you just like it better there?

I am from there. Just trying to help the area out.

MOhillbilly
04-18-2005, 01:55 PM
tablerock is tits.

please stay there and never discover the good lake. nothing personal.

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Tablerock is nice but getting developed.

Look to buy something on an upper arm if you want clean flat water, look at the lower end if you want to be close to the action and don't mind the crowds and the waves.

This helps, thanks! Getting away from the action is the goal, so we will look on the upper arm. Business must be good, we have contacted realestate agents and none have gotten back to us.

Iowanian
I have an uncle that lives on Table Rock near Blue eye...........My folks have a small cabin on Bull shoals.

I'd take Bull Shoals any day, but I prefer the quiet at the lake.

never mind.........Bull Shoals sucks. no one would want to go to that dump of a turd filled lake.

Spicy McHaggis
I like Table Rock considerably better than the Ozarks, especially if you're looking at a retirement aspect. . Not as dirty, more wake control, quieter. You also avoid the college party crowd. My great aunt and uncle retired down there and love it. My family has a smaller summer house that we share with my cousins and I always have a great time down there. Relaxing to say the least.

Stinger
04-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Screw Table Rock, buy a house at the Lake of the Ozarks. And boat too!

As a person who has a family place at Lake of the Ozarks (LotO) but lives near Table Rock my adivce is this.

If you want to have a more relaxed time while you are on the lake go to Table Rock. Water is smoother not as crowded on the weekend durring the summer months.

If you want things to do on the lake i.e. places to eat and bars on the lake. ( Backwater Jack's :thumb: )Go to LotO.

My biggest complaint at the LotO is that the lake is so narrow and there are no boat restictions so you have Ocean cabin cruisers on a narrow lake that make wake 3-6 ft. high on the weekends. Over holidays expect the wake to be 4-7 ft due to the traffic. (And no that is not an exagertation on the wake size.)

As for Table Rock my only real complaint is that there is only a minamal places on the lake to eat maybe 2-4 on the enitire lake.

Both places have there own beauty and their plus and down size. I will say this right now Osage Beach is experiencing a tremendous growth in population and commercial growth right now.

Edubs
04-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Tablerock is one of the nicer/cleaner lakes in MO. Always have a good time when we hit up Tablerock. The In-laws have a place at Council Grove. It's about the size of my bath tub.

MOhillbilly
04-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Tablerock is one of the nicer/cleaner lakes in MO. Always have a good time when we hit up Tablerock. The In-laws have a place at Council Grove. It's about the size of my bath tub.

James river empties into tablerock. enjoy the poop.

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 02:23 PM
James river empties into tablerock. enjoy the poop.

Now that information is like a turd in the punch bowl. :Lin:

MOhillbilly
04-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Now that information is like a turd in the punch bowl. :Lin:

did i say poop? i meant gold!

redbrian
04-18-2005, 02:30 PM
did i say poop? i meant gold!

All lakes and streams in southern Missouri are affected to one extent or another by waste, the limestone structure in the area transfers like you wouldn't belive.

There is a lake on the south side of Springfiled (more of an overgrown pond), which sits at the base of some cliffs, they did a dye test on the houses above (septic systems), the transfer to the pond was done in min. as opposed to hours as it should have taken.

CoMoChief
04-18-2005, 02:34 PM
That lake is beautiful. Very clear and blue. Its a rocky bottom lake instead of a mud bottom lake like most lakes in this area of the country. Not only that but its more secluded and doesnt have as many power boats and commercialized industries like the Ozarks have. Im only 21 yrs old, but my dad used to have a place down there and whenever I get enough money or whatever, and if Im gonna get a lake house, its defenitley going on TRLake.

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 02:36 PM
I have an uncle that lives on Table Rock near Blue eye...........My folks have a small cabin on Bull shoals.

I'd take Bull Shoals any day, but I prefer the quiet at the lake.

never mind.........Bull Shoals sucks. no one would want to go to that dump of a turd filled lake.

I just looked up Bull Shoals, very interesting. Thanks! :)

morphius
04-18-2005, 02:39 PM
What about Stockton? Its still mostly undeveloped.

MOhillbilly
04-18-2005, 02:48 PM

shut the fcku up!!!!

MOhillbilly
04-18-2005, 02:49 PM
There is a lake on the south side of Springfiled (more of an overgrown pond),

SW sewage treatment plant?

morphius
04-18-2005, 02:52 PM
shut the fcku up!!!!
Is that where you are?

Iowanian
04-18-2005, 02:53 PM
we used to fish at stoc.......when I was a kid.

Keep out of Bull Shoals.......I lied. It has nothing to offer. Its a commoner's hovel of a lake.

I recall someone from here was a fishing guide at Bull Shoals.........It would be pretty damn nice of them to take me out for a free day, because I'm just so damn nice on the planet all the time.

morphius
04-18-2005, 02:54 PM

Keep out of Bull Shoals.......I lied. It has nothing to offer. Its a commoner's hovel of a lake.

I recall someone from here was a fishing guide at Bull Shoals.........It would be pretty damn nice of them to take me out for a free day, because I'm just so damn nice on the planet all the time.
We may need this for the archives, this is as close to sucking up as we might ever see from you, LOL

Iowanian
04-18-2005, 03:01 PM
I can't remember who in the hell it was........

As difficult as Bull Shoals can be to fish successfully, if getting teased for Sucking up gets me a cheap lesson on that lake........Let it rip. Remember that I am wearing Internet Kevlar and manning the planet's .50 cal

morphius
04-18-2005, 03:09 PM
I can't remember who in the hell it was........

As difficult as Bull Shoals can be to fish successfully, if getting teased for Sucking up gets me a cheap lesson on that lake........Let it rip. Remember that I am wearing Internet Kevlar and manning the planet's .50 cal
LOL! Nothing wrong with it at all. Just got a giggle from it.

How was Stockton btw? My father owns some land down there, we are pushing for them to build a house.

MOhillbilly
04-18-2005, 03:10 PM

hasnt been fish in stockton since the seventies and the moss is a good 3ft thick.
and thar be monsters. GARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

morphius
04-18-2005, 03:21 PM
hasnt been fish in stockton since the seventies and the moss is a good 3ft thick.
and thar be monsters. GARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO!

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 03:27 PM

I was just on the phone with a real estate agent from Stockton. They have restrictions that are even more stringent than Tablerock, no houses on the water. Property is sure reasonable within five miles though. :p

morphius
04-18-2005, 03:30 PM
I was just on the phone with a real estate agent from Stockton. They have restrictions that are even more stringent than Tablerock, no houses on the water. Property is sure reasonable within five miles though. :p
My Dad has some tier two lake property, land is on top of a hill with some trees on the down slope of the hill, then the lake. He has another plot of land down there that is well off the lake.

redbrian
04-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Hell all there is at Stockton is a bunch of cheese and wine heads sailing their boats...........oh yea and there are these big huge fish with teeth, that fight like a mofo.

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 03:41 PM
My Dad has some tier two lake property, land is on top of a hill with some trees on the down slope of the hill, then the lake. He has another plot of land down there that is well off the lake.

Sounds very nice. Is any of it for sale?

Hell all there is at Stockton is a bunch of cheese and wine heads sailing their boats...........oh yea and there are these big huge fish with teeth, that fight like a mofo.

Nothing wrong with wine and cheese, very partial to them myself but boats need motors! :p

MOhillbilly
04-18-2005, 03:42 PM

ya there called sharks.
the freshwaterkind that eat children.

morphius
04-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Sounds very nice. Is any of it for sale?

Nothing wrong with wine and cheese, very partial to them myself but boats need motors! :p
I think one of his neighbors might have some up for sale, I can shoot him and email if you like.

HemiEd
04-08-2011, 03:18 PM
I think one of his neighbors might have some up for sale, I can shoot him and email if you like.

Well it happened, our offer was accepted on a place at Tablerock. We should close in a few days. Hard to believe, I will be paying some taxes in Missouri, maybe the roads will improve.

KevB
04-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Well it happened, our offer was accepted on a place at Tablerock. We should close in a few days. Hard to believe, I will be paying some taxes in Missouri, maybe the roads will improve.

Are you really updating a thread from 6 years ago? That's impressive. Oh, and congrats on the new place.

HemiEd
04-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Are you really updating a thread from 6 years ago? That's impressive. Oh, and congrats on the new place.

Thanks! Six years is short compared to how long we have wanted a place there. :D

MOhillbilly
04-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Have fun with it dude.

HemiEd
04-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Have fun with it dude.

Thanks Mo, it is going to be mostly work for a while. So far, it has been nothing but added stress, but that will change hopefully.

cdcox
04-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Congrats. I'm very envious. Are you going to live there full time?

seaofred
04-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood.

HemiEd
04-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Congrats. I'm very envious. Are you going to live there full time?

Thanks cdcox, we thought maybe the property values were at their bottom, or close to it, and the timing was right.
We plan on retiring there full time in a few years. The temperature is much more appealing there, and I don't want to be in Illinois 15 minutes after I retire. :D

CrazyPhuD
04-08-2011, 03:50 PM

Congrats I used to go there every summer as a kid and I still have a great uncle who has a place on the lake. I loved that lake.

philfree
04-08-2011, 04:09 PM

You have alot of friends on Chiefs Planet. I think think you're gonna need a bigger boat.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8gciFoEbOA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PhilFree:arrow:

vailpass
04-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Congrats Ed and give you joy of it.

HemiEd
05-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Congrats Ed and give you joy of it.

Three years now and we move in full time the first of July after retiring the 27th of June!

The house is now 2,700 sq. ft and we started with 1,200. 5 beds and 3 baths. Should be plenty of room for the two of us after being married for 43 years!

We just got internet here today and I am still deciding on whether I like that or not. My AT&T phone has never worked here and I liked it.

You all keep working hard and pay them taxes please. :D

LoneWolf
05-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Three years now and we move in full time the first of July after retiring the 27th of June!

The house is now 2,700 sq. ft and we started with 1,200. 5 beds and 3 baths. Should be plenty of room for the two of us after being married for 43 years!

We just got internet here today and I am still deciding on whether I like that or not. My AT&T phone has never worked here and I liked it.

Congrats. I'm jealous. My goal is to have enough money to move to Hawaii when I retire. Hopefully in about 18 years I can start a thread here bragging about my new house in Maui.

Dayze
05-27-2014, 03:42 PM
I've concluded that I'll never be able to retire. and "If" i'm able to, I'll probably die at my desk at 5PM on my last day at work.

Iowanian
05-27-2014, 03:44 PM
Never did get my fishin' lesson on shoals..............and will be there end of June.

JASONSAUTO
05-27-2014, 03:46 PM

congrats man. that's fucking awesome

Mr_Tomahawk
05-27-2014, 03:51 PM
The wife and I are also looking at TRock for retirement.

But that is 20 years from now when it becomes the Ozarks.

HemiEd
05-27-2014, 03:52 PM
Congrats. I'm jealous. My goal is to have enough money to move to Hawaii when I retire. Hopefully in about 18 years I can start a thread here bragging about my new house in Maui.

good luck on that! Hang with your dream and it will happen. This one is 30 years old and I have been talking about it on here for 10 of that! If you want it, you can make it happen.

I haven't posted on here much as two homes is bitch for an old DIYer. We have made 16 of what I call "Jed Clampett Loads" with our Dodge truck and trailer. One final Moving company load to go.

I've concluded that I'll never be able to retire. and "If" i'm able to, I'll probably die at my desk at 5PM on my last day at work.See first paragraph of my post above. You will control it.

Never did get my fishin' lesson on shoals..............and will be there end of June.Let me know how that comes out. I am going to want to check out all of the lakes someday.

HemiEd
05-27-2014, 04:02 PM
congrats man. that's ****ing awesome
Thanks Jason! Working for someone else for 50 years is enough!

The wife and I are also looking at TRock for retirement.

But that is 20 years from now when it becomes the Ozarks.
Good luck and hope you are successful.

why do you say that about the Ozarks? I honestly have no idea.

Here is our view of the Condos Brock. It is nine miles to the nearest vending machine unless you get in a boat and go to Cape Fair. :D

ChiTown
05-27-2014, 04:04 PM

Here is our view of the Condos Brock. It is nine miles to the nearest vending machine unless you get in a boat and go to Cape Fair. :D

Kick ass. Congrats, Ed!

Mr_Tomahawk
05-27-2014, 04:10 PM

We like TR as it is....but fear it will develop to the scale of what the Ozarks are currently at right now. Not saying the Ozarks are bad...we just are wanting a more quieter retirements area on a lake in the ozark mountains.

20 years is a long time...just think how much TR has changed in the last 20 years.

Nzoner
05-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Congrats man!

We've been staying at a place on Grand Lake when time allows and love it.

ChiTown
05-27-2014, 04:22 PM
We like TR as it is....but fear it will develop to the scale of what the Ozarks are currently at right now. Not saying the Ozarks are bad...we just are wanting a more quieter retirements area on a lake in the ozark mountains.

20 years is a long time...just think how much TR has changed in the last 20 years.

I plan to retire at 52 - 5 years from now. I'll still work, but I'll do it on my time frame and with a middle finger to anyone I don't want to do business with.:evil:

I have never got comfortable with having one place to call - where I will retire to. My comfort zone is to be able to go where I want to go, when I want to go there. I'm a bit spoiled that way - I know that. My objective is to keep my home in Wichita, so my Kids always have a place that they know as HOME. Then, I'll go and "live" where I want to, until I get sick of living in that spot (I'm not talking about being in a mobile home). I'll just plan to rent in places I want to live. If I find something I really like, I may buy. However, l plan to be a relative nomad from ages 52-75 - as long as my health holds up. When I get to my mid 70's, I'm sure I will reassess, and settle into 1 or 2 spots. But, for a good 20+ years, I plan to be on the move, as much as possible. It's harder to hit a moving target:)

HemiEd
05-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Kick ass. Congrats, Ed!

Thanks Chi, I appreciate it. :thumb:

That is actually why we chose TR, the restrictions imposed by the Corp of Engineers have actually helped in that regard from my observation. A decent boat slip is 25-30k and that has some teeth.
I enjoy the off season here the most as it is so quiet and peaceful.
Congrats man!

We've been staying at a place on Grand Lake when time allows and love it.thanks Joe!

The reason we built it like we did is that people will have to stay if they come visit, and you are always welcome!

We don't have a set up in the same ball park as yours, but it is pretty cool.

Coogs helped me a lot with the antenna set up to coincide with DTV and Hughes.

Valiant
05-27-2014, 04:33 PM

That is where our lakehouse is, our community is just behind the core of engineers land, so still some lake views. Have our own dock, one of the very few private docks and a public ramp that not a whole lot of people use because it is a bitch.

Good community, Getting younger as my step brother and all his friends are buying and building houses there since you can do it soo cheap.

I like Stockton, fishing first but you can do everything else there. Only downside is a mud lake that is relatively new.

Valiant
05-27-2014, 04:38 PM

No houses as it is a core lake, but you can get plots for 8k just outside of it.

Been fishing there since the 80s.

Just got back today from my 6 day weekend. Caught a ton of fish and learned how to properly catch a shit ton of walleye. I normally crappy and bass fish.

Valiant
05-27-2014, 04:42 PM

Well buy your plots now, if you are hedging on that then buy now and make even more retirement money later on.

It has been forever, is TR a core lake or can you build on it?

HemiEd
05-27-2014, 04:45 PM
No houses as it is a core lake, but you can get plots for 8k just outside of it.

Been fishing there since the 80s.

Just got back today from my 6 day weekend. Caught a ton of fish and learned how to properly catch a shit ton of walleye. I normally crappy and bass fish.
We bought a place three years ago, acre and a half on the finger coming out south of Cape Fair Marina. It isn't water front, but pretty nice view.

sd4chiefs
05-27-2014, 04:51 PM
I have some friends that retired there around the Kimberling City area. They love it.

seaofred
05-27-2014, 06:24 PM
You guys better stay away from Tablerock Lake! It's terrible, no fish, polluted, and you'll hate it. Don't come and crowd up my lake!

Just kidding, I absolutely love living by the lake, it's absolutely wonderful.

JASONSAUTO
05-27-2014, 06:32 PM

Try Truman.
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
05-27-2014, 06:53 PM
We have a cabin/dock/ lot at Norfork lake and love it. It's very similar to table rock

LoneWolf
05-27-2014, 08:03 PM
I've rented a house on Beaver Lake a couple of times and it was a blast both times. Anyone spend much time on that lake and how does it compare to Tablerock?

Mr_Tomahawk
05-27-2014, 08:26 PM
The wife and I are going to Branson in a few weeks. Are there any small towns located on tablerock? Id like to take her to a coffee shop of sorts one morning in a small town on the lake...any ideas tablerock experts?

cosmo20002
05-27-2014, 08:46 PM
TABLE fucking ROCK.
Two words.
Table Rock.
It's not that hard, people.

Armadillo Skin
05-27-2014, 08:49 PM
Is it true the manager at the Casey's at Shell Knob is a nypho or is just that way with me?

LoneWolf
05-27-2014, 08:52 PM
TABLE ****ing ROCK.
Two words.
Table Rock.
It's not that hard, people.

Eatmyassdickhead

KcMizzou
05-27-2014, 09:00 PM
I haven't been to Tablerock. Just Truman, and the Ozarks. So, this wont help much either. Just looking for a chance to show off this fish. Caught off the dock at our family property near climax springs.

We caught a ton of catfish, (mostly blue cats) but had to throw 6 or 7 back because they were between 22 and 30(?) inches. I guess they're trying to let those blue cats get bigger. This guy was 35".

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10339682_10152842046612004_1198674779429534238_n.jpg

Armadillo Skin
05-27-2014, 09:03 PM
I see the pole in the pic but not the shopping cart.

JASONSAUTO
05-27-2014, 09:04 PM
I haven't been to Tablerock. Just Truman, and the Ozarks. So, this wont help much either. Just looking for a chance to show off this fish. Caught off the dock at our family property near climax springs.

We caught a ton of catfish, (mostly blue cats) but had to throw 6 or 7 back because they were between 22 and 30(?) inches. I guess they're trying to let those blue cats get bigger. This guy was 35".

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10339682_10152842046612004_1198674779429534238_n.jpg
Th blue cat deal is weird. I'm not too far from climax my self.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
05-27-2014, 09:09 PM
I thought you were tired of the Chicago cold?:rolleyes:

Congrats man. Hope its what you always wanted and more.:thumb:

KcMizzou
05-27-2014, 09:10 PM
When I say "we" caught it. I mean I was on the dock at the time, and tried to scoop him up in a net... that didn't work...lol That's a coworker and friend of mine, and my goofy brother.

BigRedChief
05-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Thanks Mo, it is going to be mostly work for a while. So far, it has been nothing but added stress, but that will change hopefully.We have spent the last year getting our new place situated like we like it. Just part of the deal. And if at this point you are stressed, your doing it wrong.:p

Mr_Tomahawk
05-27-2014, 10:15 PM
Anyone?

Any small quant towns along Table Rock that I can take the wife to for some coffee or something. She is into that kind of stuff. Buys me an afternoon to drink and fish. :)

Mr_Tomahawk
05-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Holy shit. I didn't know Kimberly City got hit by a tornado?! I would think with the terrain as it is down there, that tornados wouldn't be as frequent in the hills.

How is Shell Knob? (Looking for that small town feel)

JASONSAUTO
05-27-2014, 10:51 PM
Looks like armadillo skin is the guy to ask about shell knob
Posted via Mobile Device

cosmo20002
05-27-2014, 11:01 PM
:banghead:

Anyone?

Any small quant towns along Table Rock that I can take the wife to for some coffee or something. She is into that kind of stuff. Buys me an afternoon to drink and fish. :)
:clap:

Mr_Tomahawk
05-27-2014, 11:03 PM
:banghead:

:clap:

:thumb:

cdcox
05-28-2014, 12:51 AM

You are my hero. Way to go, man.

Zeke
05-28-2014, 07:26 AM
I've concluded that I'll never be able to retire. and "If" i'm able to, I'll probably die at my desk at 5PM on my last day at work.

You can't do that, the motorcycle discussion thread would never get bumped.

seaofred
05-28-2014, 07:28 AM
Holy shit. I didn't know Kimberly City got hit by a tornado?! I would think with the terrain as it is down there, that tornados wouldn't be as frequent in the hills.

How is Shell Knob? (Looking for that small town feel)

I actually live in Cassville, which is where the kids from Shell Knob go to school. Shell Knob is a good place to your boat in and fish.

Shell Knob is a nice little town, but doesn't really have any places to stop just for coffee. They have a couple of little restaurants, but nothing that great.

In Golden, which is on the Eagle Rock side of the lake, they have The Office Pub. It's a nice little restaurant, but if your in that area it would be better to take the additional 20 minute drive and go to Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

seaofred
05-28-2014, 07:55 AM
Some of the local marina's have a restaurant on them. My wife and I love to put the boat in at Eagle Rock and cruise over to Big M Marina and have dinner.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-28-2014, 10:10 AM
I actually live in Cassville, which is where the kids from Shell Knob go to school. Shell Knob is a good place to your boat in and fish.

Shell Knob is a nice little town, but doesn't really have any places to stop just for coffee. They have a couple of little restaurants, but nothing that great.

In Golden, which is on the Eagle Rock side of the lake, they have The Office Pub. It's a nice little restaurant, but if your in that area it would be better to take the additional 20 minute drive and go to Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

How do you like Cassville? I saw that it was fairly close to TR. I was looking for small towns located around the TR [in MO]. Cassville is farther than what I am looking for as I was wanting to have a view of the lake at a minimum. But if it isn't much of a drive to the lake, it could work.

How long of a drive is it to TR? How small is Cassville? Are there any big boxes down there...Target, Price Chopper, Walmart, Home Depot...? Or is it small town living?

Thanks.

seaofred
05-28-2014, 10:26 AM
I love living in Cassville, but it's all I really know. I've lived here my whole life, minus when I went to college. I live on the south side of Cassville, so it takes me 15-20 minutes from my driveway to the boat ramp in Eagle Rock. It can take a little longer depending on the tourist traffic for Roaring River State Park.

Cassville is about 3300 people, but the school is larger due to all the surrounding towns bus their children there for school. Really, we only have one big box store and it's Wal-Mart. For the most part, it's pretty much small town living with big cities really close.

From my driveway to Rogers, Arkansas (60,000 people) is about 35-45 minutes. So, you can get to just about anything you want in less than an hour.

mac459
05-28-2014, 10:28 AM
Been to Cassville before..it's pretty nice town..really pretty scenery

seaofred
05-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Been to Cassville before..it's pretty nice town..really pretty scenery

Yes, especially the surrounding area. We have a lot of Mark Twain National Forest and then Roaring River State Park. It's pretty great for fishing (Creeks and/or lake), motorcycle riding, and going for a nice jeep ride

HemiEd
05-28-2014, 06:28 PM
Anyone?

We have gone to the town of Cape Fair to "flat creek" (http://flatcreekresort.com/) a few times. They have some pretty nice offerings, small town atmosphere with real people. I highly recommend it! The Marina at Cape Fair also has a little place to eat or get coffee right on the water.
We are about a mile, 1/2 by road and 1/2 by boat from there, or it is about an hour by car.
18 miles to Branson, about 12 to Branson west, 10 to Kimberling City. So there are lots of interesting places. The Y bridge at Galena still has me scratching my head. We have a Galena mailing address and it takes forever to get there.

Mr_Tomahawk
05-28-2014, 07:35 PM
We have gone to the town of Cape Fair to "flat creek" (http://flatcreekresort.com/) a few times. They have some pretty nice offerings, small town atmosphere with real people. I highly recommend it! The Marina at Cape Fair also has a little place to eat or get coffee right on the water.
We are about a mile, 1/2 by road and 1/2 by boat from there, or it is about an hour by car.
18 miles to Branson, about 12 to Branson west, 10 to Kimberling City. So there are lots of interesting places. The Y bridge at Galena still has me scratching my head. We have a Galena mailing address and it takes forever to get there.

Nice.

We will look it up!

Thanks!

HemiEd
05-29-2014, 09:47 AM
Nice.

We will look it up!

Thanks!

I have a good friend that has had a house near ours since the late 70s. We actually both graduated from Wichita East in 68, but didn't know each other until three years ago when we met there at the lake.

He took me to "Wing Wednesday" at Flat Creek one time and we had a ball. I guess they have "Taco Tuesday" as well, maybe even "Fish Friday!"

DaKCMan AP
05-29-2014, 11:26 AM
lol @ lakes

HemiEd
05-29-2014, 12:34 PM
lol @ lakes

I have lived on both coasts and the oceans are a nice place to visit, but wouldn't care to live there again.

gblowfish
05-29-2014, 12:48 PM
You can do some investigation with the Missouri Dept of Natural Resources on water quality in all the major Missouri lakes. LOZ has had problems from cattle and farm runoff, and with sewage treatment. LOZ has had serious water quality problems in recent years. Table Rock should be better because there's less farming surrounding the lake, and less development.

There's also Stockton, Pomme de Terre, Truman (which is no building, but you can have a houseboat) and up north there's Mark Twain. Missouri has many nice lakes. The Gasgonade River east of Jefferson City is pretty nice too.

luv
05-29-2014, 01:02 PM
The wife and I are going to Branson in a few weeks. Are there any small towns located on tablerock? Id like to take her to a coffee shop of sorts one morning in a small town on the lake...any ideas tablerock experts?

Big Cedar Lodge.

luv
05-29-2014, 01:03 PM
You can do some investigation with the Missouri Dept of Natural Resources on water quality in all the major Missouri lakes. LOZ has had problems from cattle and farm runoff, and with sewage treatment. LOZ has had serious water quality problems in recent years. Table Rock should be better because there's less farming surrounding the lake, and less development.

There's also Stockton, Pomme de Terre, Truman (which is no building, but you can have a houseboat) and up north there's Mark Twain. Missouri has many nice lakes. The Gasgonade River east of Jefferson City is pretty nice too.

There are SEVERAL rivers that are float worthy around here.

seaofred
05-29-2014, 01:07 PM
Big Cedar Lodge.

They have a pretty nice Sunday brunch. We start every summer off by putting in at Shell Knob and cruising over, since Big Cedar has a dock. We'll have brunch (Unlimited mimosas are included), then cruise back.

Big Cedar is pretty close to Holister and Branson, but I wouldn't consider either of them small towns. I guess you could head back towards Blue Eye or Kimberling City though.

tooge
05-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Blue eye is nice. Brown eye is real nice

Mr_Tomahawk
07-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Got in last night. Had dinner and drinks on the landing...

Pretty badass thus far....

Mr_Tomahawk
07-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Or would it be at the landing? #imnotfromaroundhere

seaofred
07-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Or would it be at the landing? #imnotfromaroundhere

Either would be fine in this area...

Where did you eat?

Mr_Tomahawk
07-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Some fish place on the river/lake