PDA

View Full Version : Tablerock Lake?

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 12:45 PM
My wife and I are looking for a place to buy on a lake. I have liked Tablerock since we spent a week at Shell Knob about 20 years ago. It would end up being our retirement home in about ten years. Anyone have any feelings about Tablerock, or any ideas? We are going to go down in June to check it out. Thanks for any help on this!

penguinz
04-18-2005, 12:48 PM
You should try to buy a house on Wizard Island!

ChiefsCountry
04-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Screw Table Rock, buy a house at the Lake of the Ozarks. And boat too!

redbrian
04-18-2005, 12:50 PM
Tablerock is nice but getting developed.

Look to buy something on an upper arm if you want clean flat water, look at the lower end if you want to be close to the action and don't mind the crowds and the waves.

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Screw Table Rock, buy a house at the Lake of the Ozarks.

Why? Do you have one for sale or do you just like it better there?

Brock
04-18-2005, 12:53 PM
I'll bet you can get a magnificent view of the condos.

ChiefsCountry
04-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Why? Do you have one for sale or do you just like it better there?

I am from there. Just trying to help the area out.

MOhillbilly
04-18-2005, 12:55 PM
tablerock is tits.

please stay there and never discover the good lake. nothing personal.

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Tablerock is nice but getting developed.

Look to buy something on an upper arm if you want clean flat water, look at the lower end if you want to be close to the action and don't mind the crowds and the waves.

This helps, thanks! Getting away from the action is the goal, so we will look on the upper arm. Business must be good, we have contacted realestate agents and none have gotten back to us.

Iowanian
I have an uncle that lives on Table Rock near Blue eye...........My folks have a small cabin on Bull shoals.

I'd take Bull Shoals any day, but I prefer the quiet at the lake.

never mind.........Bull Shoals sucks. no one would want to go to that dump of a turd filled lake.

Spicy McHaggis
I like Table Rock considerably better than the Ozarks, especially if you're looking at a retirement aspect. . Not as dirty, more wake control, quieter. You also avoid the college party crowd. My great aunt and uncle retired down there and love it. My family has a smaller summer house that we share with my cousins and I always have a great time down there. Relaxing to say the least.

Stinger
04-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Screw Table Rock, buy a house at the Lake of the Ozarks. And boat too!

As a person who has a family place at Lake of the Ozarks (LotO) but lives near Table Rock my adivce is this.

If you want to have a more relaxed time while you are on the lake go to Table Rock. Water is smoother not as crowded on the weekend durring the summer months.

If you want things to do on the lake i.e. places to eat and bars on the lake. ( Backwater Jack's :thumb: )Go to LotO.

My biggest complaint at the LotO is that the lake is so narrow and there are no boat restictions so you have Ocean cabin cruisers on a narrow lake that make wake 3-6 ft. high on the weekends. Over holidays expect the wake to be 4-7 ft due to the traffic. (And no that is not an exagertation on the wake size.)

As for Table Rock my only real complaint is that there is only a minamal places on the lake to eat maybe 2-4 on the enitire lake.

Both places have there own beauty and their plus and down size. I will say this right now Osage Beach is experiencing a tremendous growth in population and commercial growth right now.

Edubs
04-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Tablerock is one of the nicer/cleaner lakes in MO. Always have a good time when we hit up Tablerock. The In-laws have a place at Council Grove. It's about the size of my bath tub.

MOhillbilly
04-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Tablerock is one of the nicer/cleaner lakes in MO. Always have a good time when we hit up Tablerock. The In-laws have a place at Council Grove. It's about the size of my bath tub.

James river empties into tablerock. enjoy the poop.

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 01:23 PM
James river empties into tablerock. enjoy the poop.

Now that information is like a turd in the punch bowl. :Lin:

MOhillbilly
04-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Now that information is like a turd in the punch bowl. :Lin:

did i say poop? i meant gold!

redbrian
04-18-2005, 01:30 PM
did i say poop? i meant gold!

All lakes and streams in southern Missouri are affected to one extent or another by waste, the limestone structure in the area transfers like you wouldn't belive.

There is a lake on the south side of Springfiled (more of an overgrown pond), which sits at the base of some cliffs, they did a dye test on the houses above (septic systems), the transfer to the pond was done in min. as opposed to hours as it should have taken.

CoMoChief
04-18-2005, 01:34 PM
That lake is beautiful. Very clear and blue. Its a rocky bottom lake instead of a mud bottom lake like most lakes in this area of the country. Not only that but its more secluded and doesnt have as many power boats and commercialized industries like the Ozarks have. Im only 21 yrs old, but my dad used to have a place down there and whenever I get enough money or whatever, and if Im gonna get a lake house, its defenitley going on TRLake.

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 01:36 PM
I have an uncle that lives on Table Rock near Blue eye...........My folks have a small cabin on Bull shoals.

I'd take Bull Shoals any day, but I prefer the quiet at the lake.

never mind.........Bull Shoals sucks. no one would want to go to that dump of a turd filled lake.

I just looked up Bull Shoals, very interesting. Thanks! :)

morphius
04-18-2005, 01:39 PM
What about Stockton? Its still mostly undeveloped.

MOhillbilly
04-18-2005, 01:48 PM

shut the fcku up!!!!

MOhillbilly
04-18-2005, 01:49 PM
There is a lake on the south side of Springfiled (more of an overgrown pond),

SW sewage treatment plant?

morphius
04-18-2005, 01:52 PM
shut the fcku up!!!!
Is that where you are?

Iowanian
04-18-2005, 01:53 PM
we used to fish at stoc.......when I was a kid.

Keep out of Bull Shoals.......I lied. It has nothing to offer. Its a commoner's hovel of a lake.

I recall someone from here was a fishing guide at Bull Shoals.........It would be pretty damn nice of them to take me out for a free day, because I'm just so damn nice on the planet all the time.

morphius
04-18-2005, 01:54 PM

Keep out of Bull Shoals.......I lied. It has nothing to offer. Its a commoner's hovel of a lake.

I recall someone from here was a fishing guide at Bull Shoals.........It would be pretty damn nice of them to take me out for a free day, because I'm just so damn nice on the planet all the time.
We may need this for the archives, this is as close to sucking up as we might ever see from you, LOL

Iowanian
04-18-2005, 02:01 PM
I can't remember who in the hell it was........

As difficult as Bull Shoals can be to fish successfully, if getting teased for Sucking up gets me a cheap lesson on that lake........Let it rip. Remember that I am wearing Internet Kevlar and manning the planet's .50 cal

morphius
04-18-2005, 02:09 PM
I can't remember who in the hell it was........

As difficult as Bull Shoals can be to fish successfully, if getting teased for Sucking up gets me a cheap lesson on that lake........Let it rip. Remember that I am wearing Internet Kevlar and manning the planet's .50 cal
LOL! Nothing wrong with it at all. Just got a giggle from it.

How was Stockton btw? My father owns some land down there, we are pushing for them to build a house.

MOhillbilly
04-18-2005, 02:10 PM

hasnt been fish in stockton since the seventies and the moss is a good 3ft thick.
and thar be monsters. GARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

morphius
04-18-2005, 02:21 PM
hasnt been fish in stockton since the seventies and the moss is a good 3ft thick.
and thar be monsters. GARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO!

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 02:27 PM

I was just on the phone with a real estate agent from Stockton. They have restrictions that are even more stringent than Tablerock, no houses on the water. Property is sure reasonable within five miles though. :p

morphius
04-18-2005, 02:30 PM
I was just on the phone with a real estate agent from Stockton. They have restrictions that are even more stringent than Tablerock, no houses on the water. Property is sure reasonable within five miles though. :p
My Dad has some tier two lake property, land is on top of a hill with some trees on the down slope of the hill, then the lake. He has another plot of land down there that is well off the lake.

redbrian
04-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Hell all there is at Stockton is a bunch of cheese and wine heads sailing their boats...........oh yea and there are these big huge fish with teeth, that fight like a mofo.

HemiEd
04-18-2005, 02:41 PM
My Dad has some tier two lake property, land is on top of a hill with some trees on the down slope of the hill, then the lake. He has another plot of land down there that is well off the lake.

Sounds very nice. Is any of it for sale?

Hell all there is at Stockton is a bunch of cheese and wine heads sailing their boats...........oh yea and there are these big huge fish with teeth, that fight like a mofo.

Nothing wrong with wine and cheese, very partial to them myself but boats need motors! :p

MOhillbilly
04-18-2005, 02:42 PM

ya there called sharks.
the freshwaterkind that eat children.

morphius
04-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Sounds very nice. Is any of it for sale?

Nothing wrong with wine and cheese, very partial to them myself but boats need motors! :p
I think one of his neighbors might have some up for sale, I can shoot him and email if you like.

HemiEd
04-08-2011, 02:18 PM
I think one of his neighbors might have some up for sale, I can shoot him and email if you like.

Well it happened, our offer was accepted on a place at Tablerock. We should close in a few days. Hard to believe, I will be paying some taxes in Missouri, maybe the roads will improve.

KevB
04-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Well it happened, our offer was accepted on a place at Tablerock. We should close in a few days. Hard to believe, I will be paying some taxes in Missouri, maybe the roads will improve.

Are you really updating a thread from 6 years ago? That's impressive. Oh, and congrats on the new place.

HemiEd
04-08-2011, 02:24 PM
Are you really updating a thread from 6 years ago? That's impressive. Oh, and congrats on the new place.

Thanks! Six years is short compared to how long we have wanted a place there. :D

MOhillbilly
04-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Have fun with it dude.

HemiEd
04-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Have fun with it dude.

Thanks Mo, it is going to be mostly work for a while. So far, it has been nothing but added stress, but that will change hopefully.

cdcox
04-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Congrats. I'm very envious. Are you going to live there full time?

seaofred
04-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood.

HemiEd
04-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Congrats. I'm very envious. Are you going to live there full time?

Thanks cdcox, we thought maybe the property values were at their bottom, or close to it, and the timing was right.
We plan on retiring there full time in a few years. The temperature is much more appealing there, and I don't want to be in Illinois 15 minutes after I retire. :D

CrazyPhuD
04-08-2011, 02:50 PM

Congrats I used to go there every summer as a kid and I still have a great uncle who has a place on the lake. I loved that lake.

philfree
04-08-2011, 03:09 PM

You have alot of friends on Chiefs Planet. I think think you're gonna need a bigger boat.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8gciFoEbOA8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PhilFree:arrow:

vailpass
04-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Congrats Ed and give you joy of it.