PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff: Who would you rather listen to on MNF?

Count Zarth
04-18-2005, 03:21 PM
With the new move to ESPN, I think there's some debate over who will be the announcing crew for MNF.

Phobia
04-18-2005, 03:37 PM
I'd rather listen to Al Michaels by himself.

SNR
Maguire is so stupid he's entertaining. Madden is so stupid he's sickening.

Theismann.... I really don't mind him.

Obviously Al Michaels is the best, but I hate Madden that much.

|Zach|
Todd Barry.

tyton75
04-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Michaels, McGwire, Patrick?

that'd be my choice.. either that.. or just a couple regular dude's... getting drunk and talking about the game

HC_Chief
04-18-2005, 03:43 PM
I like the Sunday night crew on ESPN. MacGuire is a dick, Theisman an idiot, and Patrick the straight guy. It's entertaing.

I just wish they would agree to a dynamic system - where they would match up teams that were doing well; rather than the crap games we are usually provided. A 4-6 Dallas teams versus a 5-5 Washington team is not my idea of quality MNF.

KCFalcon59
04-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Al Michaels and someone new. I wouldn't be surprised to see Berman or someone from the ESPN NFL Sunday show.

HC_Chief
04-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Al Michaels and someone new. I wouldn't be surprised to see Berman or someone from the ESPN NFL Sunday show.

Oh God please, not Berman!!!

Count Zarth
04-18-2005, 03:48 PM
I just wish they would agree to a dynamic system - where they would match up teams that were doing well; rather than the crap games we are usually provided.

That screws the other networks.

HC_Chief
04-18-2005, 03:54 PM
That screws the other networks.

But it gives the fans the best games... screw the networks.

Count Zarth
04-18-2005, 03:58 PM
But it gives the fans the best games... screw the networks.

That will not happen. ROFL

KCFalcon59
04-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Oh God please, not Berman!!!

That would be a nightmare.

Bwana
04-18-2005, 04:15 PM
John Madden and Al Michaels because of Michaels. Everyone else on that list is a tool.

Uncle_Ted
04-18-2005, 04:25 PM
I like the Sunday night crew on ESPN. MacGuire is a dick, Theisman an idiot, and Patrick the straight guy. It's entertaing.

I think you got that backwards ... Maguire is the idiot, Theismann is the dick.

Until MNF gets rid of Madden, I have to vote for the ESPN crew.

Tribal Warfare
04-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Who would you rather listen to on MNF?
Hell, I turn off the sound then I put it on KCFX radio to listen to Len and Mitch to watch the game on ESPN.

tk13
04-18-2005, 04:41 PM
That will not happen. ROFL
Actually I believe that is supposed to happen starting 06 or 07... they were going to make the MNF games flexible, I'm not sure how this new news affects that idea though...

Count Zarth
04-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Actually I believe that is supposed to happen starting 06 or 07... they were going to make the MNF games flexible, I'm not sure how this new news affects that idea though...

Wow. CBS and FOX will be pissed.

Logical
04-18-2005, 04:46 PM
I vote for Al Michaels and Mike Patrick.

oaklandhater
04-18-2005, 04:48 PM
why does every one hate madden he never botherd me has much has

Dan Dierdorf
randy cross
Joe Thiesmann, Paul Maguire, Mike Patrick

CoMoChief
04-18-2005, 04:48 PM
In all honestly Id have to go with Christopher Walken. Man that would be awesome.

tk13
04-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Wow. CBS and FOX will be pissed.

Here's an article from a few months back...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/martzke/2004-11-09-martzke_x.htm

In combined $8 billion NFL deals announced Monday, CBS and Fox, which previously had been against the plan, agreed to a flexible schedule for the last seven weeks of Monday Night Football games. The move would reduce the chance for mismatches that diminish the ratings for MNF.

"We're confident the prime-time package can be embellished without hurting the Sunday afternoon schedule," CBS Sports president Sean McManus said Tuesday.

Details on the flexible schedule can't be made final until ABC or another network, most likely NBC, signs for the MNF package. Several scenarios are under discussion, and ESPN has not been ruled out of participating in the flexible format. But the cable network, which has shown a profit on the NFL with its subscriber fees and ad income, probably won't be included.

Two scenarios stand out:

Fox and CBS would get to protect a Sunday game each of the seven weeks before the selection of the Monday Night Football game, said TV consultant Barry Frank of IMG. With two games blocked before the MNF game is selected through discussions between the NFL and ABC (or another network), the chances of this plan being adopted are slim.

The plan with the most weight has the Sunday network with the single game keeping all its telecasts. The network with the doubleheader would designate which matchup it wants as its main game. Then the MNF network would choose its game. The MNF network would not necessarily get the best games late in the season. But it would still have an attractive game and avoid the ratings disasters of mismatches involving unexpected losing teams.

Fox Sports chairman David Hill said on a conference call that the selection of games likely would be made two or three weeks before each flexible schedule weekend. But he stressed more discussions will be held before the format is determined.

With this flexibility, TV consultant Mike Trager said, "The NFL has increased the value of Monday Night Football by giving the package a much better schedule when the games are more meaningful."

Fox and CBS, even losing four games a year in the new deal likely to the new Thursday-Saturday prime-time package saw value to boost its Sunday NFC package by 30%, from the $550 million annual average to $712.5 million a year.

If ABC can find the money after incurring heavy losses in the current MNF deal, its bonus in jumping from the current $550 million a year average to more than $700 million a season will be its goal of a flexible schedule.

Simplex3
04-18-2005, 04:51 PM
I would take a drunken monkey, Terri Schiavo, and some dude with one of those throat cancer electronic voice box thingies over John Madden.

oaklandhater
04-18-2005, 04:52 PM
I would take a drunken monkey, Terri Schiavo, and some dude with one of those throat cancer electronic voice box thingies over John Madden.

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oaklandhater
04-18-2005, 04:58 PM
I feel like i woke up one day and every one hates madden?

Bowser
04-18-2005, 05:03 PM

His schtick got old about ten years ago.

Logical
04-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I feel like i woke up one day and every one hates madden?

He has gotten old and all he brings to the broadcast booth is tired old info he has used a 100 times before. He definately should retire, he has worn out his welcome.

Simplex3
04-18-2005, 05:05 PM
When he's not busy stumbling and fumbling all of his words he's circling some guy's ass on the telestrator or talking about how sweaty some fat lineman's ass is. Notice a theme there? One thing I can assure you interrests NO ONE including gays (NTTAWWT) is some fat dude's sweaty ass.

Let's face it, the dude is about 10 years past his expiration date. He was never THAT good to begin with but now he can't remember who he is, much less who's playing. Get me someone that knows WTF is going on in today's game, not the 1970's Raiders.

oaklandhater
04-18-2005, 05:07 PM
He has gotten old and all he brings to the broadcast booth is tired old info he has used a 100 times before. He definately should retire, he has worn out his welcome.

he has worn out his welcome more then Dan Dierdorf @ randy cross ?

Simplex3
04-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Not more, just different.

Rudy lost the toss
04-18-2005, 05:10 PM
Yes

Logical
04-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Wow that is like picking between having your nuts cut off with a dull knife, scissors, and a hedge trimmer.

Spicy McHaggis
04-18-2005, 05:20 PM
Al Michaels, Tony Kornheiser, Michael Wilbon and Kolber doing the sideline thing. And Thea Andrews just because.

Fairplay
04-18-2005, 05:46 PM
I don't care for Thiesmen and worse is listening to Paul Maquire.

Madden and Al aren't a bad team.

Frankly, i would like to see Joe Buck get into the football broadcasting as the play by play guy. Hes the best sports announcer in my book. He broadcasted both the Superbowl and MLB all star games as well as World series games.

Cochise
04-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Al, Frank, and Dan were my favorite. I didn't even hate Dan until he was doing games with other people.