PDA

View Full Version : I can hardly wait until Saturday and....

JimNasium
04-18-2005, 03:22 PM
the inevitable draft circumstance that causes this board to go into the China syndrome. I'm unsure if it will involve a trade-down, a trade-up or an actual selection but it will happen. I actually like to see the despair and seething anger appear. Then again I am kind of evil like that. :fire:

|Zach|
04-18-2005, 03:23 PM
ROFL

Count Zarth
04-18-2005, 03:24 PM
I have a bad feeling the Chiefs will trade down into the late first-round and pick someone no one here really wanted that high.

JimNasium
04-18-2005, 03:25 PM
I have a bad feeling the Chiefs will trade down into the late first-round and pick someone no one here really wanted that high.
Better yet, they trade into the early 2nd round and select a DT. That followed by a TE. That would be the ultimate.

Saulbadguy
04-18-2005, 03:26 PM
I love Chiefsplanet meltdowns. Tons of people feel the need to be heard by starting threads about Carl Peterson, the state of this franchise, and how badly we are going to suck.

Last years gem is when we failed to draft a KICKER..a freaking KICKER, in the 2nd round.
"F*CK YOU CARL, F*CK YOU!"
"KAEDING GONE! F*CK YOU CARL!"
"THIS SUCKS!"

Mr. Laz
04-18-2005, 03:26 PM
I actually like to see the despair and seething anger appear.

Then again I am kind of evil like that. :fire:

well then let me be the first to make you happy

JimNasium
04-18-2005, 03:27 PM
I love Chiefsplanet meltdowns. Tons of people feel the need to be heard by starting threads about Carl Peterson, the state of this franchise, and how badly we are going to suck.

Last years gem is when we failed to draft a KICKER..a freaking KICKER, in the 2nd round.
"THIS SUCKS!"
ROFL ROFL ROFL

JimNasium
04-18-2005, 03:27 PM
well then let me be the first to make you happy
:p Mission accomplished!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/RaptorRed/Images/Bush-Mission-Accomplished.jpg

|Zach|
04-18-2005, 03:28 PM
I think its interesting that the threads tk mentioned will be made no matter who we sign...there is not a single possible scenario that CP could pull off to avoid the rath of the Chiefs Planet Brain Trust.

JimNasium
04-18-2005, 03:29 PM
I think its interesting that the threads tk mentioned will be made no matter who we sign...there is not a single possible scenario that CP could pull off to avoid the rath of the Chiefs Planet Brain Trust.
I think you meant Chiefs Planet Brian Trust.

|Zach|
04-18-2005, 03:30 PM
I think you meant Chiefs Planet Brian Trust.
I need to get it copywritten.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2005, 03:32 PM
that's a silly and bullchit remark

people around here aren't nearly as unreasonable or stupid as the fanbashers like you insist they are.

it's taken almost a complete organizationale collapse to get most to even consider being critical of the Chiefs.

tk13
04-18-2005, 03:35 PM
What threads did I mention?

|Zach|
04-18-2005, 03:35 PM

people around here aren't nearly as unreasonable or stupid as the fanbashers like you insist they are.

it's taken almost a complete organizationale collapse to get most to even consider being critical of the Chiefs.
I think you are naive to think that there is a possibility of CP making a pick during this draft and him not being bashed by a majority of this board.

JimNasium
04-18-2005, 03:36 PM
TK13=Saul?

munkey
the inevitable draft circumstance that causes this board to go into the China syndrome.

Exactly why I'm going Turkey hunting.... :)

|Zach|
Woops, I meant Saul.

That was strange.

tk13
04-18-2005, 03:38 PM
TK13=Saul?
Oh. I see it now.

ZachKC = chiefs4me

|Zach|
Oh. I see it now.

ZachKC = chiefs4me
ROFL

JimNasium
Oh. I see it now.

ZachKC = chiefs4me
ROFL I just spit water on my monitor you bastard!

Logical
04-18-2005, 03:42 PM

"THIS SUCKS!"

Yet they were right, we got nothing out of our 2nds and Kaeding had a better year than any kicker we have had since Lowery. I have little doubt that we might have won at least one more game with Kaeding.

Count Zarth
04-18-2005, 03:44 PM
Yet they were right, we got nothing out of our 2nds and Kaeding had a better year than any kicker we have had since Lowery. I have little doubt that we might have won at least one more game with Kaeding.

Tynes and Kaeding had pretty similar seasons. The only real difference was that Kaeding missed two chip shots.

Also Pete Stoyanovich only missed one kick back in 97.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2005, 03:46 PM
I think you are naive to think that there is a possibility of CP making a pick during this draft and him not being bashed by a majority of this board.
easily...

if the chiefs pick any of the following there won't be more than minimal debate about which guy people around here prefer:

Braylon Edwards WR 6-3, 210 Michigan
Mike Williams WR 6-5, 230 Southern California
Adam Jones CB 5-9, 187 West Virginia
Antrel Rolle CB 6-1, 205 Miam
Carlos Rogers CB 6-0, 195 Auburn
David Pollack DE 6-2, 265 Georgia
Shawne Merriman DE 6-4, 272 Maryland
Derrick Johnson LB 6-3, 242 Texas

basically they just have to pick any top 15 rating player that's not a RB or TE. Now is everyone going to happy with WR ... no, but they will understand if someone special drops to us.

they can pretty much take any top rated defender and be ok.

i think you have greatly underestimated the magnitude of the chiefs screw ups.

when they chiefs picked Ryan Sims, people didn't freak out.

Some people were disappointed with the price they paid to trade up, but the actual pick of Ryan Sims was perfectly acceptable to just about everyone IIRC.

Logical
04-18-2005, 03:46 PM

True that, until three years ago I was defending even Carl.:banghead:

I do not remember anyone going ballistic over the Ryan Sims pick. A very few grumbled slightly about the trade up giving Dallas too much.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-18-2005, 03:50 PM
True that, until three years ago I was defending even Carl.:banghead:

I do not remember anyone going ballistic over the Ryan Sims pick. A very few grumbled slightly about the trade up giving Dallas too much.

We're all bitchin about it now though. This weekend if Pat Surtain doesn't land in a Chiefs uniform I will try and make my meltdown especially entertaining for all of you, cause I guaranf*ckintee it's gonna happen. ;)

Phobia
04-18-2005, 03:53 PM

You're wrong.

I've been watching the online reactions to drafts nearly a decade. This will be the 5th draft on this board. If the Chiefs select a CB, LB, or DE with both of their first 2 picks, the Chiefs won't be bashed by "the majority".

Logical
04-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Tynes and Kaeding had pretty similar seasons. The only real difference was that Kaeding missed two chip shots.

Also Pete Stoyanovich only missed one kick back in 97.

Really? Kaeding was 20 of 25 with 3-5 over 50, 5-6 between 40-49 long of 53

Tynes was 17-23 with 2-4 over 50 and 3-6 between 40-49 long of 50

I would say that Kaeding was appreciably better.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2005, 03:55 PM
We're all bitchin about it now though.
a deservedly so IMO

the chiefs have failed to get the job done so people are unhappy.

12 years since the last playoff win is plenty to be upset about ... it puts us in the arizona/cincy catagory.

Rain Man
04-18-2005, 03:55 PM
when they chiefs picked Ryan Sims, people didn't freak out.

Some people were disappointed with the price they paid to trade up, but the actual pick of Ryan Sims was perfectly acceptable to just about everyone IIRC.

I wasn't particularly happy with the price to get Sims. I wanted Wendell Bryant.

Perhaps I should just be quiet about that, though.

Chief Faithful
04-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Better yet, they trade into the early 2nd round and select a DT. That followed by a TE. That would be the ultimate.

Follow that up with a safety (corner) in the 3rd and a FB in the 4th.

Logical
04-18-2005, 03:57 PM
We're all bitchin about it now though. This weekend if Pat Surtain doesn't land in a Chiefs uniform I will try and make my meltdown especially entertaining for all of you, cause I guaranf*ckintee it's gonna happen. ;)

Unfortunately I expect Carl to do the stupid thing and miss out on Surtain, so I doubt if I blow up. Might depend on just how stupid the 2nd round pick is, you can always count on Carl for some lunacy in the 2nd round.

Count Zarth
04-18-2005, 03:57 PM

Appreciably? No way.

Tynes - 6 misses, one being a freaking 58-yarder.

Kaeding - 5 misses, two being chip shots under 30 yards.

Tynes didn't miss a chip shot FG all year.

Mr. Laz
04-18-2005, 04:00 PM
I wasn't particularly happy with the price to get Sims. I wanted Wendell Bryant.

Perhaps I should just be quiet about that, though.
and i preferred Albert Haynesworth at the time

but i even said then that if Ryan Sims was the guy they wanted, so be it ... as long as they grabbed a top ranked defender at a position of need.

there's a big difference between a preference between a couple of players and a "big, irrational freakout" like so many claim with happen no matter what.

tk13
04-18-2005, 04:05 PM

That's basically 2 field goals, one of which was blocked by Langston Walker, probably the best kick blocker in the game.... I don't know if I'd say it was "appreciably" better. Plus don't forget Kaeding missed the most important 40+ yarder he had all year. Given the fact that we would've had to use a 2nd rounder on one and didn't have to use a draft pick on another, I think we did pretty darn well.

Phobia
04-18-2005, 04:05 PM
a deservedly so IMO

the chiefs have failed to get the job done so people are unhappy.

12 years since the last playoff win is plenty to be upset about ... it puts us in the arizona/cincy catagory.

Arizona HAS won a playoff game in the past 5 years. Cinci has been to the SB in the past 20 years.

Count Zarth
04-18-2005, 04:07 PM
That's basically 2 field goals, one of which was blocked by Langston Walker, probably the best kick blocker in the game.... I don't know if I'd say it was "appreciably" better. Plus don't forget Kaeding missed the most important 40+ yarder he had all year. Given the fact that we would've had to use a 2nd rounder on one and didn't have to use a draft pick on another, I think we did pretty darn well.

Yeah, I forgot about the block...that wasn't even Tynes fault.

Bottom line, Kaeding would have been a waste of a 2nd rounder with Tynes on the roster.

Phobia
04-18-2005, 04:08 PM

Jacksonville.

Logical
04-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I forgot about the block...that wasn't even Tynes fault.

Bottom line, Kaeding would have been a waste of a 2nd rounder with Tynes on the roster.As opposed to the two wasted picks we did make.:D

stevieray
04-18-2005, 04:09 PM
I'll be at the Arrowhead practice facility...should be a good time. Here's hoping for the best.

morphius
04-18-2005, 04:10 PM
You are talking about the guy who choked when given a chance to win a playoff game...

Count Zarth
04-18-2005, 04:12 PM
Jacksonville.

Kaeding blew the playoff game.

tk13
04-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Jacksonville.
I agree. That game pissed me off to no end, but those are the chances you take with a rookie kicker in his 5th game. We knew that going in, and Kaeding himself made some mistakes. That's how it goes with a rookie kicker. Now we've gotten through that, just like any other rookie hopefully he improves now that he's comfortable with being "the" guy.

Phobia
04-18-2005, 04:18 PM
Kaeding blew the playoff game.

Marty martied all over himself that game. Kaeding was but a small part of that loss.

Count Zarth
04-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Marty martied all over himself that game. Kaeding was but a small part of that loss.

Kaeding missed a game winning kick. End of story.

I could just as easily say Vermeil vermeiled all over himself in the Jacksonville game. After all, the offense failed to get a first down on the drive that culminated in Tynes missed FG.

tk13
04-18-2005, 04:21 PM
And also don't forget kickoffs, something Kaeding was highly touted for...

Tynes - 61.6 yds/kickoff, 7 touchbacks

Kaeding - 61.1 yds/kickoff, 2 touchbacks

I think that's pretty good considering Kaeding played most of his games in much better San Diego weather...

morphius
04-18-2005, 04:21 PM
I didn't expect my post to follow so many Tynes is fine posts either, I'm in no way sold on that guy. For some reason though, kickers have been all over the place the last couple of years.

Phobia
04-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Kaeding missed a game winning kick. End of story.

I could just as easily say Vermeil vermeiled all over himself in the Jacksonville game. After all, the offense failed to get a first down on the drive that culminated in Tynes missed FG.

Vermeil did. Both games come down to bad coach decisions.

Rain Man
04-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Arizona HAS won a playoff game in the past 5 years. Cinci has been to the SB in the past 20 years.

Umph...umph...can't...quite...reach...the trigger with...my...toe.

CosmicPal
04-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Well, I'm going to go out on the limb and say I honestly believe Carl and Dick will both come to terms and pick solid football players who are not reaches.

I think they both fully learned from the past mistakes and will pick the right players at the right time. Whether those players work out for us or not is another thing, but I honestly feel they will cease picking up reaches- at least in the first three rounds.

I've never had a problem with their mid-round picks, they always seem to do well there- Jared Allen is just one of many examples.

This is the year they must pick their first, second, and third rounders wisely- they are the ones that have the best chance at making and improving this team.

oaklandhater
04-18-2005, 04:32 PM
Umph...umph...can't...quite...reach...the trigger with...my...toe.

At least we've been to a superbowl before, in your face arizona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eazyb81
04-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Well, I'm going to go out on the limb and say I honestly believe Carl and Dick will both come to terms and pick solid football players who are not reaches.

I think they both fully learned from the past mistakes and will pick the right players at the right time. Whether those players work out for us or not is another thing, but I honestly feel they will cease picking up reaches- at least in the first three rounds.

I've never had a problem with their mid-round picks, they always seem to do well there- Jared Allen is just one of many examples.

This is the year they must pick their first, second, and third rounders wisely- they are the ones that have the best chance at making and improving this team.

:grovel:

Logical
04-18-2005, 04:43 PM
And also don't forget kickoffs, something Kaeding was highly touted for...

Tynes - 61.6 yds/kickoff, 7 touchbacks

Kaeding - 61.1 yds/kickoff, 2 touchbacks

I think that's pretty good considering Kaeding played most of his games in much better San Diego weather...

NFL.com has Tynes with a 60.5 average on kickoffs not that it is a big difference anyway.

Logical
04-18-2005, 04:44 PM

I agree with you on the 2nd day picks.

I hope you are wrong about the 2nd round as I truly hope we don't have one and have Surtain instead.

Saulbadguy
04-18-2005, 06:28 PM
He's an idiot kicker.

JimNasium
04-18-2005, 06:30 PM
I still think there's going to be a meltdown no matter how positive you sorry asses are.

Rain Man
04-18-2005, 06:32 PM
I still think there's going to be a meltdown no matter how positive you sorry asses are.

Not if the server goes down.

|Zach|
04-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Jim, trying as hard as he can to start shit on the internet.

:p

BigChiefFan
04-18-2005, 07:36 PM
I still think there's going to be a meltdown no matter how positive you sorry asses are.If they pick a player that kicked ass on the college level and is actually slated as one of the top 20 picks, I don't think there will be meltdown. However, if we pick a player who is considered a reach, let the meltdown begin.