PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom of Heaven Trailer

irishjayhawk
04-18-2005, 06:24 PM
http://images.apple.com/movies/fox/kingdom_of_heaven/kingdom_of_heaven-tlr2_480.mov

I had two questions:

a) like it?
b) did you think the music was a plus or minus for the trailer?

I loved it, can't wait to see it and thought it replaced Spiderman 2 as the best trailer ive seen.

Dave Lane
04-18-2005, 06:26 PM
I think it will go over well with the Muslim population.

Dave

keg in kc
04-18-2005, 06:28 PM
I thought it was okay until about halfway through. The guitar riff and the ADD editing at that point were a turn-off for me.

irishjayhawk
04-18-2005, 06:46 PM
I thought it was okay until about halfway through. The guitar riff and the ADD editing at that point were a turn-off for me.
I thought that was the best part. Perhaps it was just the images with the music...

Thig Lyfe
04-18-2005, 06:55 PM
The music didn't seem to match with the images... pretty contemporary (sp) for a movie about the Crusades.

irishjayhawk
04-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Ill agree with that. But then again, opera music was back in history yet it appears on trailers...

keg in kc
04-18-2005, 07:49 PM
I thought that was the best part. Perhaps it was just the images with the music...Well, I don't like rock and I'm not a fan of the way editing has gone towards throwing together shorter and shorter clips. It's okay in small doses, but now everybody's doing it and it's gone from being a cool technique to looking like a f*cking epileptic seizure. Total style over substance, and I'm just not somebody who's impressed by flashy bullshit.

KCWolfman
04-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Well, I don't like rock and I'm not a fan of the way editing has gone towards throwing together shorter and shorter clips. It's okay in small doses, but now everybody's doing it and it's gone from being a cool technique to looking like a f*cking epileptic seizure. Total style over substance, and I'm just not somebody who's impressed by flashy bullshit.
Reminded me of that Heath Ledger film where he was a knight jousting with "we will rock you" in the background. I agree, I didn't like the anachronisms either.

KCWolfman
04-18-2005, 07:59 PM
Ill agree with that. But then again, opera music was back in history yet it appears on trailers...
Opera and classical music are usually a backdrop to a scene. Name a single tune from Dead Poet's Society, or hell, even a Bugs Bunny cartoon. Both used classical music extensively, yet I bet the average American can only name The Barber of Seville and The Ride of the Valkyries - maybe not even both of them. But ask them the theme to Armageddeon and they will pop up with Aerosmith's Don't Wanna Miss a Thing or ask them the group that played the theme to Highlander and they will mention Queen almost as fast.

Rock music is a front prop, not a background enhancement.

irishjayhawk
04-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Well, I don't like rock and I'm not a fan of the way editing has gone towards throwing together shorter and shorter clips. It's okay in small doses, but now everybody's doing it and it's gone from being a cool technique to looking like a f*cking epileptic seizure. Total style over substance, and I'm just not somebody who's impressed by flashy bullshit.
I guess we're polar opposites. I liked the music and I definately love that style of editing. It doesn't reveal much and it syncs with the music. I do think the only editing they did a bad job on was the ending when it says the actors name. They tried to sync it with the music and show clips of the actors but it was too fast for the video.

ChiefsFanatic
04-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Movie looked cool, music definately ruined the mood for me, though.

Spicy McHaggis
04-18-2005, 11:55 PM
The music actaully would have been alright if they had dropped the guitar tracks and replaced them with something more in keeping with the times. I'll see it though.

Miles
04-19-2005, 12:08 AM
Movie looks pretty cool. Though i thought the trailer was overedited with the fast cuts. Music seemed inappropriate towards the end as well.

Nice to see Eva Green in a more mainstreem movie. She is really hot and I think she is a good actress from what little i have seen from her.

Taco John
04-19-2005, 12:11 AM
Orlando Bloom... The Leonardo Dicaprio for a new generation...

Miles
04-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Orlando Bloom... The Leonardo Dicaprio for a new generation...

Except at this point id say Orlando Bloom is a really shitty actor while Dicaprio is actually pretty capable. Very similar otherwise.

Logical
04-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Trailer made me decide I did not want to watch the movie at theaters. Will wait for it to make it to HBO or Showtime.

jynni
04-19-2005, 06:35 AM
Ick - the music in that trailer sucks. The theatrical one is so much better. Watch the older trailer to get a better feel for the movie.

Duck Dog
04-19-2005, 06:58 AM
Movie looks good, but the trailer jumped from scene to scene at too fast a pace. I don't mind the tease, but slow down a bit and tease.

Drowning Pool's, 'Bodies' would have made a better song selection.