PDA

View Full Version : New LCD Monitor?

sd4chiefs
04-18-2005, 09:25 PM
I was think of getting a LCD Monitor. I have been waiting for the price to go down. What do you think of this one?

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4035662?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

jcroft
04-18-2005, 09:44 PM
I haven't shooped for them in a while, so I'm not sure about prices. But, Samsung does usually make good displays, and the specs sound very decent...

Dave Lane
04-18-2005, 09:47 PM
I was think of getting a LCD Monitor. I have been waiting for the price to go down. What do you think of this one?

Wait till after the draft.

Dave

~Don't want to hurt the new one you know.

Dave Lane
04-18-2005, 09:48 PM
I bought mine at xmas time for $199

Dave

Darkwolfe
04-18-2005, 09:48 PM

Overpriced. Go here: www.newegg.com

sd4chiefs
04-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Wait till after the draft.

Dave

~Don't want to hurt the new one you know.

Good Plan.

Fat Elvis
04-18-2005, 09:50 PM
The Dell FPs are supposed to be Samsung LCds, I believe..only cheaper.

Darkwolfe
04-18-2005, 09:50 PM
If you pay over $250 for a 17" you are getting ripped. Read the reviews on newegg. They can be very informative and helpful.

The Rick
04-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Overpriced. Go here: www.newegg.com
Yep, I just bought
this one (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=24-001-146&depa=0) from newegg.com and love it! Great price, great monitor.

Darkwolfe
04-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Yep, I just bought
this one (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=24-001-146&depa=0) from newegg.com and love it! Great price, great monitor.

Not bad! Samsung for $219.

sd4chiefs
04-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Yep, I just bought

Thanks. I found it cheaper on Amazon but newegg is better. ROFL

Darkwolfe
04-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Thanks. I found it cheaper on Amazon but newegg is better. ROFL

On Amazon??
... going shopping, cya...

DRU
04-18-2005, 10:10 PM
I used to work at Dealexpress. Some of you may know it...I-35 and Lamar right next to the Budweiser building...big eBay logo on our sign.

Anyway Dealexpress is a reseller of pretty much anything you can think of that goes with a computer. They are also authorized to resell name brands so anything you buy from them carries a full warranty from YOUR purchase date.

This doesn't just go for Dealexpress. I'm not trying to plug them I could care less where you get it. The point is, keep in mind there are MANY ways to get very cheap hardware/electronics if you don't fret on petty things.

Companies like Dealexpress get all their stuff for about .20 on the dollar because it's usually been opened at some point and he pays about $800k cash to get about 30 skids of that kinda stuff. They test everything and if it's broken they get a replacement from the manufacturer because they're authorized.

Also, don't let the word Refurbished scare you. How do you think those get out there? If it's truely factory refurbished...then that's exactly where it came from. The factory. Let's say you go buy a new LCD and bring it home and 2 months later a bunch of pixels go dead. You get a new one from the manufacturer...I can almost guarantee you you're going to get a Refurbished product. It carries the same exact warranty as a brand new unit from Best Buy (in most cases) and now you've paid full retail price for a Refurbished product anyway.

Also, don't let people tell you certain brands are crappy just because that's what they've heard or read somewhere. Lots of people will tell you that Acer sucks. In some cases they're right, but in the time I worked at Dealexpress I was able to compare any and all LCD's (and everything else) I wanted. These damn Acers are crystal clear and look every bit as good as the Sony, HP, Sharp, etc. In fact, I purchased one myself to use as my secondary monitor (primary is 27" lcd tv) and I absolutely love it.

Dealexpress has a bunch of them right now for $140.00.

If you're really in it to be cheap and don't mind waiting buy a broken one from Dealexpress. Just make sure the screen isn't cracked. If it's DOA or has some other kind of problem, so long as the screen isn't cracked, and you buy it from an authorized reseller you can send it back to the manufacturer and get it replaced. There were people that did that on a weekly basis with us up there. Regulars that would come in after winning a lot of 10 dead LCD monitors for about $250 and turning it for a bundle after they RMA them.

Dealexpress does this themselves...but not with everything. When you get a skid of about 100 LCD monitors sometimes and you don't have any cost in them (I shit you not) sometimes it's easier just to sell them in lots.

Anyway, there's my two cents. Good luck!

crossbow
04-18-2005, 10:12 PM
It has a 12 ms response time so it will smear if you play fast moving games on it. 8 ms is needed for high quality games. Other then that, it has good specs and would be good for internet cruizing and still graphics.

sd4chiefs
04-19-2005, 11:17 AM
The Samsung 730b has a response time of 8ms and has DVI Digital input.
Is DVI Digital input dipping to far into the nerd pool?

Kerberos
04-19-2005, 11:36 AM
The Samsung 730b has a response time of 8ms and has DVI Digital input.
Is DVI Digital input dipping to far into the nerd pool?

NOPE

In fact the DVI-Digital input will give a much better picture and resolution than the anolog.

Someday when you feel the need to drop a few hundred on a kickass video card (if you don't already have one?) and hook up the DVI you "WILL" see the difference.

:D

sd4chiefs
04-23-2005, 11:16 AM
NOPE

In fact the DVI-Digital input will give a much better picture and resolution than the anolog.

Someday when you feel the need to drop a few hundred on a kickass video card (if you don't already have one?) and hook up the DVI you "WILL" see the difference.

:D

The 730b has a DVI-D input and my Video card is DVI-I. This that a problem?