PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Draft Day Strategy.

CoMoChief
04-19-2005, 12:27 PM
What do you guys think about this? trade our 1st round pick to someone that has a lower 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick. That would give us a low 1st rounder and 2 second rounders (counting the one we already had before). With our late first round pick draft Matt Jones from Arkansas, then with our 1st pick in the 2nd round draft Blaystock from Virginia. With our second pick in the second round draft Justin Tuck from Notre Dame. With our 3rd round pick we should draft the punter from Tennessee, unless we know he would be there in the 5th round, (4th round pick goes to Miami for Surtain).

Bowser
04-19-2005, 12:35 PM
We're not going to get Matt Jones, especially with a first round pick (unless he wants to play linebacker or DE). Whichever team gets him willbe lucky, though.

I still think we are going to give Miami our second rounder. But I think you hit it on the head with us trading down. Possibly with Baltimore? We are going to give Miami our second rounder, and the trade down lets us recoup that pick.

I like the idea of getting the punter from Tenn.

CoMoChief
04-19-2005, 12:45 PM
All Im saying is that Blaystock is among the top LBs in the draft but wont go first round. The pick we would have first round would be not that far away from our 2nd round pick (the first one), but Matt Jones isnt going to last that long. We need a #1 WR and he has Randy Moss like potential that needs to develope, but leave that to Al Saunders, who is one of the best in the league at developeing WR's. Jones quarterbacking career at Arkansas will only help him understand routes better. The guy runs a 4.3 40 and has a 40in verticle with a 6-4 245 pound body. Thats insane! Blaystock I believe would still be there early in the 2nd round.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2005, 12:46 PM
i'll pass ... don't really care for your picks.

the trading down part is possible though

nmt1
04-19-2005, 12:47 PM
I like Blaystock. He's good.

whoman69
04-19-2005, 02:18 PM
I would not draft down unless we have multiple players that we are shooting for still available when we pick. I would move up only if the situation presents itself to get Derrick Johnson. As far as the Dolphins wanting a 2nd rounder for Surtain, it was the great bard Mick Jaegger who once said, "you can't always get what you want." So far no team has stepped up to the plate and said they will stake more than that. The Dolphins may want a 2nd, but they need more to be rid of Surtain to assure the development of their players to the roles they will assume in the future of their organization. Surtain is not part of that future, he does not belong in its present.

Spicy McHaggis
04-19-2005, 03:03 PM
All Im saying is that Blaystock is among the top LBs in the draft but wont go first round. The pick we would have first round would be not that far away from our 2nd round pick (the first one), but Matt Jones isnt going to last that long. We need a #1 WR and he has Randy Moss like potential that needs to develope, but leave that to Al Saunders, who is one of the best in the league at developeing WR's. Jones quarterbacking career at Arkansas will only help him understand routes better. The guy runs a 4.3 40 and has a 40in verticle with a 6-4 245 pound body. Thats insane! Blaystock I believe would still be there early in the 2nd round.

If he rocks that much I'm pretty sure he'd like to be called by the right name. It's Blackstock.