PDA

View Full Version : Standing Pat on Defense

Wile_E_Coyote
04-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Using KCChiefs.com for the offical day, when will the Surtain deal get done, if at all?

a poll

Bowser
04-19-2005, 12:57 PM
The day of the draft.

eazyb81
04-19-2005, 01:00 PM
i've said from the beginning that it will happen on Day 1 of draft day. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't announced until we go up to make our selection for our 2nd round pick.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2005, 01:03 PM
The day of the draft.i've said from the beginning that it will happen on Day 1 of draft day. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't announced until we go up to make our selection for our 2nd round pick.

i believe that Carl has already said it had to be done before that.

miami will have to sign Surtain to the new contract that the chiefs/surtain agreed to and then trade him.

And since the last i heard, Miami has not allowed the chiefs to give surtain a physical i imagine surtain would have to then have time to pass a physical before the draft, so that you don't run into any voided trade issues.

i would think that friday would be the deadline

eazyb81
04-19-2005, 01:06 PM

yes, and Carl never lies or hides anything from the media....

Bowser
04-19-2005, 01:09 PM

miami will have to sign Surtain to the new contract that the chiefs/surtain agreed to and then trade him.

And Since Miami has not allowed the chiefs to give surtain a physical the last time i heard, i would imagine surtain would have to then have time to pass a physical, before the draft, so that you don't run into any voided trade issues.

i would think that friday would be the deadline

That's a pipe dream. Carl is dreaming out loud if he thinks the Dolphins are going to re-sign Surtain just to trade him and eat part of the signing bonus.

First day of the draft. Possibly waiting until our second round pick.

Your point about Surtain not taking a physical with us is interesting, though.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2005, 01:09 PM
yes, and Carl never lies or hides anything from the media....

you don't have to try and lecture me about what a lying bastard carl is ...

but what he said makes sense

Patrick Surtains cap number is 8+ million dollars this year. They chiefs don't have 8 million dollars under the cap. So Surtain's cap number will need to be changed BEFORE the trade happens.

a sign and trade takes more time and brings more complication than a simple trade.

eazyb81
04-19-2005, 01:13 PM
you don't have to try and lecture me about what a lying bastard carl is ...

but what he said makes sense

Patrick Surtains cap number is 8+ million dollars this year. They chiefs don't have 8 million dollars under the cap. So Surtain's cap number will need to be changed BEFORE the trade happens.

a sign and trade takes more time and brings more complication than a simple trade.

I really don't believe him. CP has vowed to keep everyone in the dark the rest of this offseason, and I think he likes to have everyone nervous about what we will do.

I stand by my belief that a deal will be announced on draft day.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2005, 01:13 PM
That's a pipe dream. Carl is dreaming out loud if he thinks the Dolphins are going to re-sign Surtain just to trade him and eat part of the signing bonus.

First day of the draft. Possibly waiting until our second round pick.

Your point about Surtain not taking a physical with us is interesting, though.

Miami wouldn't have to pay the signing bonus IF the surtain has to pass a physical before the bonus was due.

miami signs him but pays nothing until physical validates contract ... trades him to kansas city, where he gets physical and then the chiefs pay bonus.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2005, 01:15 PM
I really don't believe him. CP has vowed to keep everyone in the dark the rest of this offseason, and I think he likes to have everyone nervous about what we will do.

I stand by my belief that a deal will be announced on draft day.

announcing the deal on draft day is very different than completely the deal on draft day.

as for carl's vow ... it's not worth the TP you wipe your ass with.

Bowser
04-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Miami wouldn't have to pay the signing bonus IF the surtain has to pass a physical before the bonus was due.

miami signs him but pays nothing until physical validates contract ... trades him to kansas city, where he gets physical and then the chiefs pay bonus.

I must be a dunce.....why wouldn't they just let him take a physical with us, and not have to mess around with the rest of it?

Mr. Laz
04-19-2005, 01:20 PM
I must be a dunce.....why wouldn't they just let him take a physical with us, and not have to mess around with the rest of it?
i don't know ... but i remember that miami said surtain could look for a trade but couldn't take a physical.

:shrug:

there's been rumors about a degenerative knee condition with surtain. maybe it's still healing. dunno.

HemiEd
04-19-2005, 01:21 PM
Games of chicken usually come down to the end. I say Draft day one. Saban is no match for Carl, Chiefs have 11 choices and the Fins need some of them IMO. :p

Coogs
04-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Put me down for Ty Law.

Thomas Davis S in the 1st.
Justin Tuck DE in the 2nd.
Alphonso Hodge CB in the 3rd.
Jordan Beck OLB in the 4th.